Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

ironic tv advert.

Jump to newest

By *eabo OP   Man
over a year ago

marden

i hardly ever watch tele but i do enjoy doc martin on itv, reminds me of home. Anyhow i was watching it last night and during the break an ad comes on for a well known brand of healthy, wholesome margerine. The scene was set as a warm, family village fete with gospel style singers extolling the virtues of the product and happy loving families enjoying their teacakes and sandwiches. It was a warm, golden,happy, cockles of the heart ad where life was happy and rosy because the use this particular marg. Now this is where i may be wrong but the soundtrack to this heart warming ad sounded suspiciously like the opening to 'walk on the wild side' by lou read. Which is a song about drug addicted transvestite prostitutes in new york. Someone please tell me i misheard it. Please.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Nope, you are right! BUT... It is not a margarine, it is a hybrid butter substitute. Great for those family gatherings where you forgot to get the butter out of the fridge!

Also good for cooking and oiling door hinges!

By *eabo OP   Man
over a year ago

marden

door hinges? You know i have never thought of making my sandwiches with a door hinge.

By *iceguydaveMan
over a year ago

Monmouth

".. Which is a song about drug addicted transvestite prostitutes in new york. Someone please tell me i misheard it. Please. "

This stuck out when I first saw it too - I suppose we shouldn't be shocked (or disheartened) when we see supposedly 'alternative' icons being used in this way to sell us crap.. Johnny Rotten wants me to buy butter, apparently, and Iggy Pop would like me to get my car insured with someone or other.

I'm waiting to see them use Wayne County's "If you don't want to fuck me, baby, baby, fuck off" in the next advert for Match.com

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

could the boys in advertising who come up with these tv adverts be so young (and also cant be arsed to research) they werent around when these songs were released??? hmm

over a year ago

They were obviously getting into the groove of the song and then realised it would go with their butter advertisement.

Hang on... Butter... Groove... Hope they don't get any ideas about Last Tango in Paris for the next ad

over a year ago

".. Which is a song about drug addicted transvestite prostitutes in new york. Someone please tell me i misheard it. Please.

This stuck out when I first saw it too - I suppose we shouldn't be shocked (or disheartened) when we see supposedly 'alternative' icons being used in this way to sell us crap.. Johnny Rotten wants me to buy butter, apparently, and Iggy Pop would like me to get my car insured with someone or other.

I'm waiting to see them use Wayne County's "If you don't want to fuck me, baby, baby, fuck off" in the next advert for Match.com "

It stuck out? Oh well, whatever turns you on I spose.

over a year ago

you are right ,rebo,,i find most of these type of ad crap ,yes as if a tub of a certian marge or bottle of orange juce or a shake in the bag sachet of seasoning will make life all smiles and gladness ,and roses, everyone lives in a 1,000.000 puund house with streets paythed with gold and there children never get dirty or into trouble ,mum and dad are so harmonisly in love i could vomit,the add men and women must think we are all fucking that easy to brain wash

my rant over,hate most adds

Post new Message to Thread