Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Attack of the TripAdvisors

Jump to newest

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman
over a year ago

evesham

watching this on C4 rght now - some people have waaaaaaaay too much time on their hands!!

one guy puts a mark on the sheets to se if they changed them suring his 2 night stay - would like to know if he changes his sheets every day

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"watching this on C4 rght now - some people have waaaaaaaay too much time on their hands!!

one guy puts a mark on the sheets to se if they changed them suring his 2 night stay - would like to know if he changes his sheets every day "

little hitler syndrome

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 31/10/11 21:29:20]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

they know they can destroy businesses and are totally power obsessed

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

There are some sad people, you see it all the while in hotels, i go to have a good time and as long as the room is clean and fresh im happy(although i like a luxery hotel) Im only going to sleep in it when im away

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it is fascinating watching the programme.... i think some of them are being over petty...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

When we where away in march there where four people staying there 70s apparently they where brother and sisters.

We all got our breakfasts from the buffet and this woman of the four who was on the table next to me literally went hysterical about the bacon, shouting the waiteress from the other side of the room and holding her plate up in the screaming that the bacon was too crispy (there was nothing wrong with the bacon) anyway the girl took the plate and five minutes later appeared with a plate with about 12 slices of bacon on and put them in front of this woman. Jay told me to close my mouth cause i wsa flabbergasterd

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

These sites really can kill a company!

We were in Scarborough on Thursday and stopped in a cafe called the Ivy House. When we got home we looked on trip advisor and noticed that the only "bad" re_iews were from people who were reletively local.

On the other side of the coin, Whitby on Wednesday and the Magpie Cafe. It has good re_iews and people were queueing down the street to get in! Other places were almost empty!

As someone else said, it gives people the power and it makes em feel good! We only ever take notice of the sites like Booking who only allow re_iews if you have a booking reference.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Glad it didn't exist when my family was running a restaurant.

However, Tripadvisor gives a reasonably good over_iew of places that has helped me in the past. Just discount the 1 star and 5 star re_iews and you'll probably be nearer to the truth.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You are going to get a percentage that are petty so its a matter of picking through the re_iews.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

im going to watch it +1

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Its sad and the man who put the dot on the sheet omg what an anarak.... Even his nan thought he was a sad wanker...

over a year ago

evesham

key quote from the owner of the B&B in St ives

People are expecting bijeou hotel accomodation for B&B prices

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Its sad and the man who put the dot on the sheet omg what an anarak.... Even his nan thought he was a sad wanker... "

That's a few dots on the sheet then?

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"key quote from the owner of the B&B in St ives

People are expecting bijeou hotel accomodation for B&B prices"

That is so true I go to a B&B if I just want a bed for a weekend.. If I want luxury then I book a luxury hotel and pay for the luxury..

over a year ago

"it is fascinating watching the programme.... i think some of them are being over petty..."

I think ALL of them were being petty!

The problem with Trip Advisor is they have more power than some people realise.

Its alright reading between the lines with re_iews but your ranking with them can even effect your placing on certain 3rd party websites!

over a year ago

We all have different expectations of accommodation, so its obvious that there will be a wide range of re_iews.

But I think you have to take into account that you get what you pay for, in relation to the area you are staying in.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

"key quote from the owner of the B&B in St ives

People are expecting bijeou hotel accomodation for B&B prices

That is so true I go to a B&B if I just want a bed for a weekend.. If I want luxury then I book a luxury hotel and pay for the luxury.. "

couldnt agree more, if where just wanting somewhere to kip we dont go overboard but if we want luxury we pay for luxury

over a year ago

How on earth can it be an issue that someone brought you a vodka and tonic instead of a vodka and lemonade!

Immediately apologised and went away to change it!

How does that warrant a comment on a website!

These people really do need to get a life!

They also need to learn how to speak to people when there is an issue, I would never post anything online that I would not have the nerve to say to someones face!

over a year ago

Interesting to say the least. I like them adding some of the pretty little things as it shows me its an anal re_iewer. What i did find interesting was how stupid some on the owners were. If i was being filmed i would have not been derogatory about people as its just not going to win you any friends. All good entertainment though as i am guessing they picked the extremisms on both sides.

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

I've stayed at 5 star and no stars, and judge accordingly.

I try and remember to give good re_iews when I remember. Only time I give a poor re_iew is when things are really bad, e.g. no sign of housekeeping all week!

When in motels with daughter, she insists we make bed, so all cleaner has to do is leave new coffee/show stuff.

Is it odd to treat a hotel room like it was your own place...but then have seen the state some people live in, and that is not a good example

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

When we go away i put the do not disturb sign on the door and make my own bed ect cause im tidy at home but really untidy when in a hotel. Then i always strip the bed the morning we leave

over a year ago

trip advisor is a fantastic site, but like all things on the web has to be taken with a pinch of salt, any very negative re_iews can be because of bad service or because someone is very fussy.

Went to mexico and if had taken to heart some of the re_iews of some that went there, id not have bothered booking this 5 star hotel all inclusive hotel stayed at as it said it was so far between each pool, the food was not catering for them. they were fat lazy burger eating yanks, who couldnt walk ten yards without a golf buggy!!

but on the other hand there are great re_iews out there its just about working out who to believe.

bit like on here

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

When we went to spain some where complaining they didnt like foreign food

over a year ago

I actually though it was a spoof. They've just taken extremes both in owners and re_iewers and then gone all Daily Mail in tryuing to create scandal and outrage where there isn't cause for any.

By *mma peelWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I think trip advisor should have a bit where you can comment on the re_iewer.

They all appeared to have something missing in their lives and persona. If you dig deep enough they all will have something distinctly lacking.

If I was the owner of the fish restaurant I would've gobbed in that woman's fish dish.

It was poignant she couldn't uphold her previous derogatory comments, and wimped out from

further filming. Showing her to be the bully she

was, thus hiding behind her computer screen.

Anyway, she looked like she needed a good shag. It would give her something to occupy her

time and prevent her worrying about the trivial things in life....

over a year ago

"I think trip advisor should have a bit where you can comment on the re_iewer.

They all appeared to have something missing in their lives and persona. If you dig deep enough they all will have something distinctly lacking.

If I was the owner of the fish restaurant I would've gobbed in that woman's fish dish.

It was poignant she couldn't uphold her previous derogatory comments, and wimped out from

further filming. Showing her to be the bully she

was, thus hiding behind her computer screen.

Anyway, she looked like she needed a good shag. It would give her something to occupy her

time and prevent her worrying about the trivial things in life....

"

Interesting as i lost total sympathy with the fish family after they were so derogatory before they turned up. The comments wouldn't have put me off but the attitude of the owners was a huge negative for me.

By *mma peelWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

I liked the quirky fish family. I thought they had put their heart and soul (pun unintended) into their business.

Anyway, what's wrong with White fish completely covered with thick orange sauce????

over a year ago

"I liked the quirky fish family. I thought they had put their heart and soul (pun unintended) into their business.

Anyway, what's wrong with White fish completely covered with thick orange sauce???? "

Lol where do i start? It looked sooo appetising..... Ok it didn't it looked like soggy white fish covered in 1000 island dressing.

Quorn suddenly looks appetising

By *mma peelWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

It'd be interesting to see Gordon Ramsey drag the fish restaurant from the 1980's.

We do expect higher standards, which is not such a bad thing.

If we all express our opinions openly when asked at the time of the meal, then maybe we won't accept the soggy White fish.

There's ways and means of improving services.

I still think the fish complaining woman had a face like a slapped cod.

over a year ago

I agree with what a lot of people are saying. I think this "Wisdom of the crowds" stuff is bull

You need to trust the re_iewer on these sites, as you do on this one actually

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If there's something wrong with something, then its best to complain at the time. Much more likely to get money off for a start!

over a year ago

we have a bad re_iew on trip advisor for our pub, put on by some "customer" ... turns out its for a pub with the same name in the next town !!!.. cant seem to get trip advisor to take it off our re_iews !!!

over a year ago

We frequently visit Turkey and we read the Trip Advisor reports. It amazes us just how many Brits complain because their was no bacon, no sausage ... the list goes on.

FFS you are in Turkey - eat Turkish food, or if you sre so obsessed about British food go to fucking Blackpool for your holidays - apparantly there is any amount of bangers, mash, beans and sausage there

Is it any wonder the Brits are the laughing stock of the world when they're on holiday

over a year ago

evesham

i did find it funny that none of the reiewers liked it when theh hotel owers got a right to reply lol

except the cocky mature student guy

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Not on Trip Advisor, but the travel companies site was a complaint from a guy who had his holiday 'ruined' cos there was no tennis table at the hotel in question.

I'm sorry but if that is what makes your holiday then check that the hotel you are going to book, HAS the thing that will make your holiday

over a year ago

Gutted I missed this - I can feel some 4oD coming on at weekend !

I use TripAdvisor quite extensively as a tool for choosing hotels and tend to choose the hotel with the highest ranking mixed with the most reasonable cost within my budget.

It has rarely let me down, but then again it isn't the only tool I use.

I rarely read individual re_iews as they can be heavily biased and concentrate on areas that are of no particular relevance to the average traveller.

You will always get people who are never happy - will always find something to moan about - it's what makes them feel alive !

I also contribute to TripAdvisor and have posted several re_iews on the site.

When doing so, I try and be as constructive and helpful as possible in terms of advice / tips for future travellers as opposed to concentrating on areas that were less than perfect.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/11/11 09:05:06]

over a year ago

Tripadisers and other travel sites are ment to b herec to help but most ppl on there like to slag off some of the good hotels for any reason god if they was staying at savoy then if bacon burnt u can moan but know need to slag of totaly as ppl have to make a liven

over a year ago

Some people are incredibly stupid so when reading re_iews I tend to focus on the things that are important to me.

My hotel on one of the greek islands this year had some terrible re_iews - they said that there was nothing to do in the area, there were only two tavernas, the hill was very steep to clinb up and the staff didn't speak english.

All of that was true. The re_iewers were younger people who wanted a lively holiday. I got what I wanted, a clean smart hotel set in the hillside with fantastic _iews in a quiet greek village and I expected that the staff would actually be greek

Post new Message to Thread