Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Was it right?

Jump to newest

By *haremore OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

I was talking to my son the other day about my school days and getting the cane. He could not believe it that being caned and getting the strap was an everyday occurrence in my school.I did go to a Catholic school if that makes any difference I don't know. What about you lot?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn't say an everyday occurrence in my time, but in my parents', most definitely.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

In primary school a boy was caned in front of the whole school for stealing a Milky Way . I had a ruler across my palm when I was 8 from a teacher but she was keen on that sort of thing. Once I went into secondary education I didn't see corporal punishment again but I did go to an all girls school.

By *uteness69Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"I was talking to my son the other day about my school days and getting the cane. He could not believe it that being caned and getting the strap was an everyday occurrence in my school.I did go to a Catholic school if that makes any difference I don't know. What about you lot?"

Convent school, cane too amongst other objects close to hand.

Evil nuns.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

And no, it wasn't right. Its never right for an adult in power to humiliate and hurt children

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I had the slipper when I was just five in front of the class . Then the wooden ruler across the hand a few weeks later .

At secondary school I had the cane so many times ....

It’s any wonder I’ve never been into Bdsm at all as an adult !

By *inkywife1981Couple
over a year ago

A town near you

At national school we had a teacher that was fond of slapping across the hands with a ruler if you got out of line and my mum would give us a good wack of her shoe if we misbehaved at home. We all turned out all right, I think

By *haremore OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"I was talking to my son the other day about my school days and getting the cane. He could not believe it that being caned and getting the strap was an everyday occurrence in my school.I did go to a Catholic school if that makes any difference I don't know. What about you lot?

Convent school, cane too amongst other objects close to hand.

Evil nuns. "

Nobody messed about when the Jesuits priests came. Scary buggers that lot.

over a year ago

The headmaster used the cane and the strap in my secondary school (local comprehensive)

Junior school was worse though IMO as we used to have to sit on the prickly mat for an indefinite period of time, as a punishment, not nice on bare legs..

There was also a teacher who used to a throw blackboard rubber at anyone who talked during quiet periods... often with deadly accuracy

over a year ago

Hmm.. I went to a highly reputable Catholic all girls school and although there was no cane - on reflection I think some nuns were quite vicious.

By *haremore OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"And no, it wasn't right. Its never right for an adult in power to humiliate and hurt children"

I agree

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've not seen it but some kids were frightened of bullying teachers - they'd given up being anything but nice to me.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Slipper across the back of the legs was regularly used at my private first school - not aware of any form of corporal punishment at the state primary school I moved on to.

The cane was occasionally used at my secondary school and only ever by the head for serious misdemeanours, although there were a couple of particularly sadistic teachers who would throw chalk and board rubbers particularly fiercely and one who would regularly throttle miscreants with their tie.

Whilst I don't think corporal punishment ever did anyone any particular harm in those environments/circumstances I can completely understand why it's not used today.

over a year ago

It was never right. As mentioned above I too had a teacher who would launch the blackboard rubber at pupils with deadly accuracy. He should have been locked up.

over a year ago

I think it was stopped the year I joined secondary school. I know older boy pupils who were caned.

By *haremore OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"I think it was stopped the year I joined secondary school. I know older boy pupils who were caned."

With us you got in front of the class most of the time. So double bubble sore hands and if you winced or had tears in your eyes your mates could see. Not good.

over a year ago

Never had that at any of the schools I went to. I'm similar age to other posters so no idea why our area had already stopped doing that.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I was schooled abroad the teacher could whack you on a whim. With that in mind it was never a deterrent. We used to have water fountains in a row in the playground and one teacher used to walk along the row whacking people on the head for nothing.

They also got to drink wine at lunch times so it may be linked

Ah the good old days

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I was smacked on the bottom infront of the class because I didn't know the answer to a question,I hope the miserable cow died alone.

over a year ago

I had the plimsoll across my bum and the ruler across my hand. That was standard punishment at my secondary school, and we had our French teacher who used to throw blackboard rubbers at everyone with great accuracy. At home I also had the leather belt on occasion. It didn’t harm me but it’s not right x

By *haremore OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

"I had the plimsoll across my bum and the ruler across my hand. That was standard punishment at my secondary school, and we had our French teacher who used to throw blackboard rubbers at everyone with great accuracy. At home I also had the leather belt on occasion. It didn’t harm me but it’s not right x "

Post new Message to Thread