Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Singles Holiday

Jump to newest

By *idzguy OP   Man
over a year ago

coventry

Has anyone done a singles holiday? The thought of it is daunting to me.

At an age where all my good friends are in committed relationships or divorced/separated and have childcare commitments at weekends etc.

I just need a holiday but just not sure I could do it alone. Anyone in a similar position?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *idzguy OP   Man
over a year ago

coventry

Clearly not lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Like a pussy patrol?

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'm in the same boat, I will do it at some point as I am considering a cruise but the costs of some are astronomical plus I just want sun and relaxation but it's the evenings that tend to worry me

over a year ago

Yes I have, I have been to Norway on my own

over a year ago

"Has anyone done a singles holiday? The thought of it is daunting to me.

At an age where all my good friends are in committed relationships or divorced/separated and have childcare commitments at weekends etc.

I just need a holiday but just not sure I could do it alone. Anyone in a similar position? "

Same for me too.... I am very comfortable with my own company as live alone but on holiday it is great to go for a meal , walk , drinks with someone else

over a year ago

I'm curious about these. But isn't it all the fun of being told when and where to go without the benefit of real company?

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Clearly not lol"

You're impatient OP -didn't wait long for replies!

I've never been on a singles holiday although I'm in a similar position being the only one of a group of friends who isn't married or have children.

I like the idea of a break from it all but from practical point of view it is unlikely to happen. Arranging a care package for my mum to enable me to have a holiday is almost impossible

By *exycouplemmmmCouple
over a year ago

Surrey

I’ve not done it for an actual holiday (not single) but have to travel sometimes for work and it’s fine !

I’d be fine as I love lazing by the pool, and I’d be okay eating alone too... as long as I have a good book.

Go for it! Life is too short to not have a holiday x

By *idzguy OP   Man
over a year ago

coventry

I could quite happily handle the days as laying on a beach or by a pool with headphones in and a book is fine. It’s the whole eRing alone drinking alone maybe I’ll give it a go as life is too short. Failing that a fab singles group trip anyone? Lol

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

I've not been on a designated singles holiday but I have. been away before and am doing so again in June. It's great, you end up meeting lots of people so can be social when the mood takes you but it's great to enjoy your own space when you prefer.

over a year ago

I'm not that independent I would have to take friends or family, hate doing things alone

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Nothing wrong doing things on your own it makes you appreciate when you are with people you call friends

By *iscean MaleMan
over a year ago

Darlaston

I went to turkey last year on my own.. partly for some me time and partly to experience a singles holiday.

Downtime was good.. the single part not so good.. boredom kicked it too soon. For me, not something I want to do again.

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I keep dragging my parents with me but would consider going alone

Post new Message to Thread