Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

This should be interesting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43697948?ns_mchannel=email&ns_source=pan_solus&ns_campaign=PANUK_SOT_17_LIF_Obesityseason&ns_linkname=bbcnews_bmiandobesitywhereareyouontheukfatscale_FactualHealth_&ns_fee=0

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

BMI 23 healthy range. New that anyway x

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I don't need a BMI check to tell me I'm fat, a quick look in the mirror does that

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

BMI is 18.5 but still have a little pot belly

over a year ago

BMI is proven to be a out of date measure and will be phased out so pointless

However I only have to look in the mirror to know I'm fat I don't need a survey and I only have to walk through my villiage to see that over 50% are overweight

over a year ago

Bmi dont mean shit

For example you could be an athlete with a low fat % but low body fat % and thick with muscle

It would score you as fat or worse

Total bollox

over a year ago

I'm not reading the article but i would like to share something relating to obesity. I was watching Sherlock Holmes the other day. The original black and white ones with Basil Rathbone. Pure classics. Anyway, to the short story. Watson, recieves an emergency call relayed to a women who is ill and in need of medical attention. Watson reluctantly agrees to go see the woman. While getting his shit together to go, he is grumbling about it to Holmes. His grumble isn't that he has been called while in retirement but that the woman is 14stone. He literally pretty much says that its a disgrace that someone should let themselves go that much, that they are so over weight. All i could think of, was, i wonder what he'd have thought of the general state of the population today!! Now these were filmed during the late 30's and early 40's. Was an interesting little insight into weight perception back in the old days.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm not reading the article but i would like to share something relating to obesity. I was watching Sherlock Holmes the other day. The original black and white ones with Basil Rathbone. Pure classics. Anyway, to the short story. Watson, recieves an emergency call relayed to a women who is ill and in need of medical attention. Watson reluctantly agrees to go see the woman. While getting his shit together to go, he is grumbling about it to Holmes. His grumble isn't that he has been called while in retirement but that the woman is 14stone. He literally pretty much says that its a disgrace that someone should let themselves go that much, that they are so over weight. All i could think of, was, i wonder what he'd have thought of the general state of the population today!! Now these were filmed during the late 30's and early 40's. Was an interesting little insight into weight perception back in the old days. "

Yes I think there's a very different perception of what's normal now compared to even 30 years ago.

Post new Message to Thread