Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Derren Brown-The Experiment

Jump to newest

By *emmefatale OP   Woman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Who else watched it?

Sometimes i despair at how some revert to being pack animals and taking up the mob mentality when are one of a crowd. It explains a lot about people’s attitudes on line when they can remain faceless and perceptually safe yet initiate or join in with others in making others life’s unpleasant.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bloody watching it on +4 and the guy just got run over!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

nothing surprises me about people behind a keyboard... you only have to read the shite 'I would kill them with my bare hands'.

over a year ago

Well if i had been in the audience for that i would be a bit embarrassed to say the least. Makes you think though.

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I cant believe they wanted to smash his bedroom up!!! They managed to smash his tv up...thank heavens for small mercies.....this is a guy THEY DIDNT KNOW!!

over a year ago

"I cant believe they wanted to smash his bedroom up!!! They managed to smash his tv up...thank heavens for small mercies.....this is a guy THEY DIDNT KNOW!! "

It upset me if i am honest the way the collative is so different to the individual.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I wish id seen it,I scared the shit out of myself with a film instead

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I wish id seen it,I scared the shit out of myself with a film instead"
if you get chance...watch it..should be on 4 OD xx

over a year ago

Its really frightning that a group of people could make a persons life a total misery because they could absolut pack mentality

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Its really frightning that a group of people could make a persons life a total misery because they could absolut pack mentality "
they had the choice to do something nice each time yet they still went for the awful option

over a year ago

"Its really frightning that a group of people could make a persons life a total misery because they could absolut pack mentality they had the choice to do something nice each time yet they still went for the awful option "

Because they thought that the nasty option would be the funniest its not nice to see people enjoying others misery

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Its really frightning that a group of people could make a persons life a total misery because they could absolut pack mentality they had the choice to do something nice each time yet they still went for the awful option

Because they thought that the nasty option would be the funniest its not nice to see people enjoying others misery"

see now i didnt find it funny after the drink spilling

over a year ago

"Its really frightning that a group of people could make a persons life a total misery because they could absolut pack mentality they had the choice to do something nice each time yet they still went for the awful option

Because they thought that the nasty option would be the funniest its not nice to see people enjoying others miserysee now i didnt find it funny after the drink spilling "

I didnt find it funny at all as if it was me and that bloke called me a penis and i had done nothing wrong he would have been collecting his teeth, lol

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Because they thought that the nasty option would be the funniest its not nice to see people enjoying others miserysee now i didnt find it funny after the drink spilling

I didnt find it funny at all as if it was me and that bloke called me a penis and i had done nothing wrong he would have been collecting his teeth, lol"

i bet!!!

over a year ago

Because they thought that the nasty option would be the funniest its not nice to see people enjoying others miserysee now i didnt find it funny after the drink spilling

I didnt find it funny at all as if it was me and that bloke called me a penis and i had done nothing wrong he would have been collecting his teeth, loli bet!!! "

No comment

over a year ago

I watched it, in total disgust, because I was not about to miss that glorious moment when Brown shook them all shitless and made them see who they were...

Welcome to the human race peeps...

over a year ago

Deja vu or what.

over a year ago

it was awful .... BUT .... the girl in the bar who said he touched her was gorgeous

over a year ago

"it was awful .... BUT .... the girl in the bar who said he touched her was gorgeous "

She was a bit of a looker

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Staggering

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

We watched it, my bf works in physcology/mental health and thought it was interesting. He can't decide wether it was good or bad. You also get experimenter effect where the subjects tend to do what the experiment want's them to do. Doing these experiments just shows how we as people revert to pack/group instinct.:o really quite shocking the results! Why they would'nt want to see someone happy?!

over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"We watched it, my bf works in physcology/mental health and thought it was interesting. He can't decide wether it was good or bad. You also get experimenter effect where the subjects tend to do what the experiment want's them to do. Doing these experiments just shows how we as people revert to pack/group instinct.:o really quite shocking the results! Why they would'nt want to see someone happy?! "
interesting what people will do when they think there is no comeback and they have anonymity

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"We watched it, my bf works in physcology/mental health and thought it was interesting. He can't decide wether it was good or bad. You also get experimenter effect where the subjects tend to do what the experiment want's them to do. Doing these experiments just shows how we as people revert to pack/group instinct.:o really quite shocking the results! Why they would'nt want to see someone happy?! "

Unfortunately, instinctively there is part of the human condition that results in us being influenced by others, and the experimenters, even in the best experiments, do have influence.

I haven't seen the show yet, but it sounds like most people would recommend it? I saw the Stephen Fry shot one, which was good.

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Really quite worrying femme isn't it! What is our society turning into?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I saw some of it last night and was disgusted. Hope they got the bloody shock they deserved.

But the poor guy that it was happening to think that was a risk doing that stuff especially if you dont know how someone is going to react

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

Exqactly diamond, they were quick enough to shed a tear and demand they stop filming when something awful which they made happen. Saw some people walk out of the studio altogether presume because they were ashamed quite rightly so!

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

It doesn't surprise me at all, sadly.

People become almost invisible behind a keyboard, or so they think.... and until we trace some of the serious offenders and take action... it will get worse.

It is as I said above... the people who say they will kill people for this and that... actually kill them.

In some cases, some might... the majority would shit themselves if faced with something awful to deal with.... or go mobbed handed

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Exqactly diamond, they were quick enough to shed a tear and demand they stop filming when something awful which they made happen. Saw some people walk out of the studio altogether presume because they were ashamed quite rightly so! "

I didnt realize it was going to be on last night but as it had been talked about i already knew the jist but i got to see the kidnapping onwards.

I hope its taught them all a valuable lesson and some that watched and would of reacted the same as they had if they had been in the audience

over a year ago

Didn`t see it...

Kinda sounds like the Stanford Prison Experiment ...rehashed..

over a year ago

Apparently he is going to freak some chap out at the end of the week making out he is in a post apocoliptic world. Sometimes they go too far on tv but I will watch just for research issues.

over a year ago

"Didn`t see it...

Kinda sounds like the Stanford Prison Experiment ...rehashed.."

Think I saw it at the time. Yes, wasn't it just basically the Milgram experiment? Doesn't shock or surprise me at all. (It does sadden me though)

Basic psychology. It's not something new 'in this day and age'. Like people walking past someone needing help in the street. As soon as one person eventually helps, more of the other people will. (except these days more people will walk by in case something bad happens, as has been seen very often)

Post new Message to Thread