Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Best and worst food you've ever had

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Best for me would probably the steak I had in Sweden.

Worst, raw eggs, put me of eggs for life!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Best fish tacos in Mexico. Worst Guinea Pig in Peru

over a year ago

"Best for me would probably the steak I had in Sweden.

Worst, raw eggs, put me of eggs for life!"

Just reading that made me want to hurl!

Best - Was a tasting menu and everything just tasted amazing

Worst- kidney even the smell urgh!

over a year ago

Best was Horse in Weisbaden and worst was Oysters in Shanghai

over a year ago

"Best for me would probably the steak I had in Sweden.

Worst, raw eggs, put me of eggs for life!

Just reading that made me want to hurl!

Best - Was a tasting menu and everything just tasted amazing

Worst- kidney even the smell urgh! "

Cannibal!

over a year ago

Best, all the street food in Thailand and Indonesia was mouth watering.

Worst, a fish burger in Chiquitos.... cold and a big piece of blue plastic bag under the fish

over a year ago

"Best was Horse in Weisbaden and worst was Oysters in Shanghai "

I don't think I could ever eat horse meat, just makes me think of that scandal

over a year ago

"Best was Horse in Weisbaden and worst was Oysters in Shanghai

I don't think I could ever eat horse meat, just makes me think of that scandal "

Due to the scandal, you probably already have...

over a year ago

Best - A tiny churriscaria in Brazil with loads and loads of different freshly cooked meats.

Worst - A pigs ear in aspic jelly and pigs brains on toasted bread in Hungary

over a year ago

Due to the scandal, you probably already have..."

I'm not sure I was even in UK at the time

over a year ago

Best. Jerk chicken,rice and peas from cumin up in new cross.

Worst. Anything my ex girlfriend cooked.

over a year ago

Best - my mumma’s homecooked anything.

Worst - brains in Marrakesh, or snake in China.

over a year ago

Due to the scandal, you probably already have..."

True story!

over a year ago

"Best - my mumma’s homecooked anything.

Worst - brains in Marrakesh, or snake in China. "

Mummas food is always the best huh!?!

over a year ago

100% agree on Thai street food! Insanely tasty!

Steak tartare in Brighton was insane as was Apple & Horseradfish soup at Claridges!

Plus my own cooking! ?????????????

Worst? Hmmmmm tasted ok but seafood in Zanzibar had me in a mess for about 4 days! ??????????????????

over a year ago

Reading this thread has already made me realise how much of a coward I am when it comes to food

Brains, kidneys, ears...anything from thailand seems sketchy too

over a year ago

"Best - my mumma’s homecooked anything.

Worst - brains in Marrakesh, or snake in China.

Mummas food is always the best huh!?!"

I’m a good girl, PB - you know this.

over a year ago

Best? Razor clams in Andalusia

Worst? Haslet , Ughh!

over a year ago

"Reading this thread has already made me realise how much of a coward I am when it comes to food

Brains, kidneys, ears...anything from thailand seems sketchy too "

You are to food experimentation what Ed Sheeran is to music.

over a year ago

Best - cheese pizza in West New York

Worst - Chocolate pudding, the texture is disgusting

By *ullie-kingMan
over a year ago

Wishaw

Best from outside home has to be a Turkish Adana Kebab. Fantastic.

At home has to be Sunday dinner of steak pie home made at my grans lol.

Worst - French toast/eggy bread whatever you wanna call it makes me boak.

over a year ago

This is going to sound crazy but the best meal to me is McDonald’s in any country besides the USA... I have been to over 50 countries and I can say each country’s McDonald’s all had delicious unique menu items...

The worst meal to me is anything I have ordered in the UK... not because of taste but because the portions are smaller than the US and I had to pay double the price....

over a year ago

"This is going to sound crazy but the best meal to me is McDonald’s in any country besides the USA... I have been to over 50 countries and I can say each country’s McDonald’s all had delicious unique menu items...

The worst meal to me is anything I have ordered in the UK... not because of taste but because the portions are smaller than the US and I had to pay double the price...."

As a Chef, that makes me want to cut myself! ??

over a year ago

"This is going to sound crazy but the best meal to me is McDonald’s in any country besides the USA... I have been to over 50 countries and I can say each country’s McDonald’s all had delicious unique menu items...

The worst meal to me is anything I have ordered in the UK... not because of taste but because the portions are smaller than the US and I had to pay double the price....

As a Chef, that makes me want to cut myself! ??"

You're rockstar chef vigilante ?

Awesome pic though

By *traight up guyMan
over a year ago

Morpeth

"Best fish tacos in Mexico. Worst Guinea Pig in Peru "

Llama is pretty rank too!

over a year ago

Awesome pic though "

Haha! Something like that. It does pain me when someone says their favourite food is McDonsldsi have to say! and im not sure which Maccie Ds serve big portions these days, their burgers are hardly a mouthful. If I unwrapped tits the size of their burgers I’d not be happy

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

One of the best was wild boar stew in Budapest, soooo good! Worst was probably either the ministrone soup that I made which went overboard on the dried chillis (literally felt like someone slashing my tongue with a stanley knife to eat it) or the blandest of bland lentil stew I was served at a friends house. Each mouthful made me just about boak

By *ilthyStrumpetCouple
over a year ago

Trowbridge

I'm sticking with food I've had in the UK cos I'll be here for ages listing my favourites otherwise.

Best food is always at one of my favourite restaurants in Bath, Spanish Tapas and some of the best scallops I've ever had!

Worst...Nandos!

over a year ago

Best- lobster thermadore, Dauphinoise potatoes in the 'C' restaurant Australia (Michelin star chef)

Worse meal- jerk chicken & dumpins from 'turtle bay' poor effort of a restaurant.

over a year ago

Awesome pic though

Haha! Something like that. It does pain me when someone says their favourite food is McDonsldsi have to say! and im not sure which Maccie Ds serve big portions these days, their burgers are hardly a mouthful. If I unwrapped tits the size of their burgers I’d not be happy "

You would be surprised at the difference in a McDonald’s cheeseburger in Dublin , Zurich, Tokyo, and New York City.....

In America we use corn to fatten up our cows faster . The rest of the world still uses grass feed beef.. So since there is a McDonald’s everywhere on this planet . This is my way of sampling the country’s beef

over a year ago

Awesome pic though

Haha! Something like that. It does pain me when someone says their favourite food is McDonsldsi have to say! and im not sure which Maccie Ds serve big portions these days, their burgers are hardly a mouthful. If I unwrapped tits the size of their burgers I’d not be happy

You would be surprised at the difference in a McDonald’s cheeseburger in Dublin , Zurich, Tokyo, and New York City.....

In America we use corn to fatten up our cows faster . The rest of the world still uses grass feed beef.. So since there is a McDonald’s everywhere on this planet . This is my way of sampling the country’s beef"

I had McDonalds in LA, not much different but you seem a conoseur so I won’t argue.

To update my list: Best: a hotdog and a stood by The Brooklyn Bridge. ‘‘Twas a journey and a half and that moment to me was amazing!

Worst: a warm Turkish yogurty thing. It was rank but my mate and I were tying to be nice to the girls we were with who got it for us on holiday!

By *asilForty77Man
over a year ago

a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road

Best a Seafood platter Pequeño Suárez Cuba

worse sushi from a place in Richmond food poisoning not nice

and as for kackdonalds aka skag in a bag guilty of in a rush munch every now and again

over a year ago

Awesome pic though

In America we use corn to fatten up our cows faster . The rest of the world still uses grass feed beef.. So since there is a McDonald’s everywhere on this planet . This is my way of sampling the country’s beef

I had McDonalds in LA, not much different but you seem a conoseur so I won’t argue.

To update my list: Best: a hotdog and a stood by The Brooklyn Bridge. ‘‘Twas a journey and a half and that moment to me was amazing!

Worst: a warm Turkish yogurty thing. It was rank but my mate and I were tying to be nice to the girls we were with who got it for us on holiday! "

Since you’re a chef... I have a travel and food question for you...

How do you avoid a upset stomach, when traveling in the 2nd and 3rd world?

I’m seem to get a bad case of the runs for the first 3 days whenever I travel abroad...

Is this because in most countries the food safety standards are not high enough?

over a year ago

Awesome pic though

Worst: a warm Turkish yogurty thing. It was rank but my mate and I were tying to be nice to the girls we were with who got it for us on holiday!

I’m seem to get a bad case of the runs for the first 3 days whenever I travel abroad...

Is this because in most countries the food safety standards are not high enough?"

A lot of it is common sense, which I stupidly ignored: how is the food being kept? Certain foods: fish, meat etc MUST be kept cool when raw. How/when was it cooked? If it’s street food you get to watch it being cooked. What is it? Fish and white meat will be the most dangerous.

My mistake was to ignore all these and have squid which had been cooked but I didn’t see get cooked, from a market stall in the sun! I got very very ill!

Certain things eg spices may just need adjusting to.

But yes, the standards regarding: storage, transportation, what you do with food once it’s cooked, chilling etc. Will be nowhere near the West and of course with that, what your body is used to!

over a year ago

Awesome pic though

Is this because in most countries the food safety standards are not high enough?"

It's not just about a certain food you ate but also what your stomach is used to.

I for example can't drink soda, 2 sips and I'm bloated.

Same goes for sweets, if I eat too much I get the shits even though I didn't have a problem with it before.

over a year ago

Awesome pic though

Is this because in most countries the food safety standards are not high enough?

It's not just about a certain food you ate but also what your stomach is used to.

Same goes for sweets, if I eat too much I get the shits even though I didn't have a problem with it before."

Thank you both for your help..

I thought I was the only one this happened to...

In both of your travels... Have you noticed the alcohol levels in liquor and beer to be a bit off...

For example in Thailand... one night I could drink 20 beers and not feel d*unk... but the next night I could drink 2 beers and be d*unk off my ass...

By *traight up guyMan
over a year ago

Morpeth

Awesome pic though

Same goes for sweets, if I eat too much I get the shits even though I didn't have a problem with it before.

In both of your travels... Have you noticed the alcohol levels in liquor and beer to be a bit off...

For example in Thailand... one night I could drink 20 beers and not feel d*unk... but the next night I could drink 2 beers and be d*unk off my ass..."

Are you drinking Chang beer? - the alcohol content can vary massively, so this can definitely happen.

over a year ago

Awesome pic though

For example in Thailand... one night I could drink 20 beers and not feel d*unk... but the next night I could drink 2 beers and be d*unk off my ass...

Are you drinking Chang beer? - the alcohol content can vary massively, so this can definitely happen."

Yes, thank you. I thought I was getting old and couldn’t handle my liquor anymore.

over a year ago

best

my mums roast dinners

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Worst meal has to be from a well known fried chicken outlet (presuming they have chicken again now), that was 25 odd years ago and I have not touched it since nore will I.

Best meal, sat with friends, metres away from a beach, with out a care in the world. Absolutely wonderful

over a year ago

"Worst meal has to be from a well known fried chicken outlet (presuming they have chicken again now), that was 25 odd years ago and I have not touched it since nore will I.

Best meal, sat with friends, metres away from a beach, with out a care in the world. Absolutely wonderful "

So you ate your friends ?

Post new Message to Thread