Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My bank is paying me!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Query, why might my bank be sending me cheques for “inappropriate actions” on my account by them for a period of a couple of months back in 2013?

I’ve not requested any PPI checking. It’s a very bizarre letter that raises more questions than provides answers, although thanks Mr Banker for the two cheques!

What did they use my money for?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

could be a refund on charges happened to a freind of mine got a nice windfall

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My friend had something similar where she went to the bank because money was missing from her account. They sorted it out then refunded her all the charges she had ever paid.

She never got an explanation, we just assumed someone had been naughty within the bank.

over a year ago

"could be a refund on charges happened to a freind of mine got a nice windfall"

But simply out of the goodness of their heart without prompting? And yes, it’s a tidy sum.

Anyone want a sugar-mummy?

over a year ago

"Query, why might my bank be sending me cheques for “inappropriate actions” on my account by them for a period of a couple of months back in 2013?

I’ve not requested any PPI checking. It’s a very bizarre letter that raises more questions than provides answers, although thanks Mr Banker for the two cheques!

What did they use my money for?! "

For Buying more hard drive

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Why did they send you cheques when they could have credited your account?

over a year ago

"My friend had something similar where she went to the bank because money was missing from her account. They sorted it out then refunded her all the charges she had ever paid.

She never got an explanation, we just assumed someone had been naughty within the bank. "

Nods. What’s odd is there’s been nothing from me to prompt any checking, that’s what I find odd. And no info saying it’s due to incorrect charging or whatnot. I wonder if it is something fraudulent by a staff member that’s been discovered, oooh! Not that I appear to have even noticed a problem

over a year ago

"Why did they send you cheques when they could have credited your account?

"

Well, yes that’s the bugger. I’ve got to traipse to the nearest branch now to pay the silly things in!! And there’s not a branch nearby home nor work. Tsk.

Still, it’s worth it financially.

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

"Query, why might my bank be sending me cheques for “inappropriate actions” on my account by them for a period of a couple of months back in 2013?

I'd be asking some questions before cashing the cheques. I'm betting they are banking on you just paying the cheques in at which point you have accepted what ever they have inappropriately done.

Challenge these payments. At worst you will get nothing at best you may get more.

over a year ago

Watch the cheques dont bounce

over a year ago

I'd be asking some questions before cashing the cheques. I'm betting they are banking on you just paying the cheques in at which point you have accepted what ever they have inappropriately done.

Challenge these payments. At worst you will get nothing at best you may get more. "

Oh! Really? Do I just walk in the branch and ask the cashier?

I’m quite happy to just take the cash...!

over a year ago

"Watch the cheques dont bounce"

That would be annoying!

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

Challenge these payments. At worst you will get nothing at best you may get more.

I’m quite happy to just take the cash...!"

PM sent

over a year ago

"could be a refund on charges happened to a freind of mine got a nice windfall

But simply out of the goodness of their heart without prompting? And yes, it’s a tidy sum.

Anyone want a sugar-mummy? "

Hello Mummy!

By *rabness92Man
over a year ago

Netherlands

Just enjoy the money

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Good evening Sugar

over a year ago

I’m quite happy to just take the cash...!

PM sent

"

over a year ago

Hello Mummy! "

over a year ago

"Just enjoy the money "

over a year ago

Good evening Sugar "

over a year ago

Suddenly I’m getting some action...

over a year ago

Well, yes that’s the bugger. I’ve got to traipse to the nearest branch now to pay the silly things in!! And there’s not a branch nearby home nor work. Tsk.

Still, it’s worth it financially. "

If you have mobile app, you should be able to take a photo of the front & the back of the cheques & they will clear in 1 business day

By *ineMan
over a year ago

"Suddenly I’m getting some action... "

Suddenly?

Surely slowly is much more fun..

Despacito

over a year ago

If you have mobile app, you should be able to take a photo of the front & the back of the cheques & they will clear in 1 business day"

I’m a bit of a techno-failure. And I’m going to ask for a bit more info re the cheques before cashing, so traipse it shall be. I’m over-exaggerating the effort a little.

over a year ago

"Suddenly I’m getting some action...

Suddenly?

Despacito "

It’s been 41yrs of slow so far.

over a year ago

If you have mobile app, you should be able to take a photo of the front & the back of the cheques & they will clear in 1 business day

I’m a bit of a techno-failure. And I’m going to ask for a bit more info re the cheques before cashing, so traipse it shall be. I’m over-exaggerating the effort a little. "

I would phone rather than traipse, don't traipse until you have to. Without going into it, you should have been told in your letter what the refund is for.

over a year ago

I’m a bit of a techno-failure. And I’m going to ask for a bit more info re the cheques before cashing, so traipse it shall be. I’m over-exaggerating the effort a little.

I would phone rather than traipse, don't traipse until you have to. Without going into it, you should have been told in your letter what the refund is for. "

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Suddenly?

Despacito

It’s been 41yrs of slow so far."

I didnt mean that slow

over a year ago

*puts hand up*

over a year ago

Are you playing monopoly d*unk?

over a year ago

I would phone rather than traipse, don't traipse until you have to. Without going into it, you should have been told in your letter what the refund is for.

"

It will probably have been awarded at a head office so the branch staff wouldn't know where it was from necessarily. If there is a phone number on the letter call that.

It could be to do with the Plevin case that is being dealt with now

By *oncupiscentTonyMan
over a year ago

Kent

"I’ve got to traipse to the nearest branch now to pay the silly things in!!"

It's a ruse to get you in branch then sign you up for life insurance a credit card and new mortgage

over a year ago

Suddenly?

Despacito

It’s been 41yrs of slow so far.

I didnt mean that slow "

over a year ago

*puts hand up* "

Up where?

over a year ago

"Are you playing monopoly d*unk? "

Hee hee!! No, it’s real life and rather amazing!

over a year ago

"Are you playing monopoly d*unk?

Hee hee!! No, it’s real life and rather amazing!"

Good for you, treat yourself. I'm sure you've been eyeing up some shoes for a while. x

over a year ago

It will probably have been awarded at a head office so the branch staff wouldn't know where it was from necessarily. If there is a phone number on the letter call that.

It could be to do with the Plevin case that is being dealt with now "

Good point re phoning rather than local branch. Thanks.

If it was PPI again, surely I would have to have instigated the checking? Also, how would I be entitled to a significant sum when they’re just referring to a few months within 2013 (that wouldn’t be related to Plevin by my understanding) and why then would it not say re it being PPI in the letter?

over a year ago

"I’ve got to traipse to the nearest branch now to pay the silly things in!!

It's a ruse to get you in branch then sign you up for life insurance a credit card and new mortgage "

Probably is!!

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"My friend had something similar where she went to the bank because money was missing from her account. They sorted it out then refunded her all the charges she had ever paid.

She never got an explanation, we just assumed someone had been naughty within the bank.

Nods. What’s odd is there’s been nothing from me to prompt any checking, that’s what I find odd. And no info saying it’s due to incorrect charging or whatnot. I wonder if it is something fraudulent by a staff member that’s been discovered, oooh! Not that I appear to have even noticed a problem "

Jayne had this, out of the blue, the bank sent her a letter claiming that they had done a check and found that they had "mis-managed" her account during 2012 - 2013, and attached was a cheque. We were dubious, but it was kosher... so we asked them to check the years after too lol!

over a year ago

"Are you playing monopoly d*unk?

Hee hee!! No, it’s real life and rather amazing!

Good for you, treat yourself. I'm sure you've been eyeing up some shoes for a while. x"

Good lord, shoes are so not my thing! But I take your point.

over a year ago

Nods. What’s odd is there’s been nothing from me to prompt any checking, that’s what I find odd. And no info saying it’s due to incorrect charging or whatnot. I wonder if it is something fraudulent by a staff member that’s been discovered, oooh! Not that I appear to have even noticed a problem

Jayne had this, out of the blue, the bank sent her a letter claiming that they had done a check and found that they had "mis-managed" her account during 2012 - 2013, and attached was a cheque. We were dubious, but it was kosher... so we asked them to check the years after too lol!"

That’s similar sounding! Did they ever tell you what had been mismanaged? And did you get anymore?!!

over a year ago

Its obvious really - if you dont know why, speak to your bank - not a SWINGING SITE

over a year ago

"Its obvious really - if you dont know why, speak to your bank - not a SWINGING SITE

"

over a year ago

:-/

over a year ago

"Its obvious really - if you dont know why, speak to your bank - not a SWINGING SITE

"

Can I chat with some friends or should I have sought your permission?! You do realise this is a forum for general chat not just SWINGING. Moody munchkin.

over a year ago

If it was PPI again, surely I would have to have instigated the checking? Also, how would I be entitled to a significant sum when they’re just referring to a few months within 2013 (that wouldn’t be related to Plevin by my understanding) and why then would it not say re it being PPI in the letter?

"

Not necessarily. Banks will look at all cases, even ones they have declined. I know one in particular pays a portion of PPI into your account with the notation PPI & the remainder as a cheque. Check your account to see if anything had been credited

over a year ago

"

I found it quite hilarious.

over a year ago

I found it quite hilarious. "

Some people just dont get the forums

over a year ago

yes - but you are speaking in a "swinging context " hun - sorry, you asked the question in a public forum - sorry in a forum for ALL members - what do you expect ?

over a year ago

Not necessarily. Banks will look at all cases, even ones they have declined. I know one in particular pays a portion of PPI into your account with the notation PPI & the remainder as a cheque. Check your account to see if anything had been credited "

Banks are self-checking ALL bank accounts? Really? Then what’s the point in advertising campaigns telling the public to request a check and a deadline to do so by? I’m not sure that’s right. But hey, if it is PPI related and I never asked them to check and they decided to do so for me and then realised they should give me money and did so, I won’t complain!

over a year ago

I found it quite hilarious.

Some people just dont get the forums "

True say.

over a year ago

"yes - but you are speaking in a "swinging context " hun - sorry, you asked the question in a public forum - sorry in a forum for ALL members - what do you expect ?"

I don’t even understand what you’re taking about. Also I hate the term “hun”.

I asked and am chatting with people I chat to all the time. I’ve got what I expected. I’ve not asked my question in a swinging context. That would be more of a “my bank gave me free money and I got fisted by another woman’s husband whils she flicked her bean” or similar.

What did you expect? Not quite sure anything is an issue for me. You alright?

over a year ago

"yes - but you are speaking in a "swinging context " hun - sorry, you asked the question in a public forum - sorry in a forum for ALL members - what do you expect ?

I don’t even understand what you’re taking about. Also I hate the term “hun”.

I asked and am chatting with people I chat to all the time. I’ve got what I expected. I’ve not asked my question in a swinging context. That would be more of a “my bank gave me free money and I got fisted by another woman’s husband whils she flicked her bean” or similar.

What did you expect? Not quite sure anything is an issue for me. You alright?

"

*talking

(Also, if you do reply/quote when you post it’s better for having a Forum Conversation)

over a year ago

"Query, why might my bank be sending me cheques for “inappropriate actions” on my account by them for a period of a couple of months back in 2013?"

Is this RBS by any weird chance ? not that you will say, because, you already dislike me now from prev message x

over a year ago

"yes - but you are speaking in a "swinging context " hun - sorry, you asked the question in a public forum - sorry in a forum for ALL members - what do you expect ?"

Why is she speaking in a swinging context?

over a year ago

""Query, why might my bank be sending me cheques for “inappropriate actions” on my account by them for a period of a couple of months back in 2013?"

Is this RBS by any weird chance ? not that you will say, because, you already dislike me now from prev message x"

I don’t dislike you!

No it’s not RBS.

I didn’t mean you had to re-write my post! No, I was trying to explain the quote/reply button (when you post select the quote/reply button at the bottom of the comment you’re replying to so it doesn’t get lost if others post in between! Sorry, I was trying to help!)

I was blunt because you appeared to post all shouty and capital letters at me and there’s absolutely no reason I can’t discuss this topic in the Lounge Forum - it is not Swinging topics here only. And given it’s late at night I’m asking here ahead of being able to contact bank tomorrow and I’m intelligent enough to not rely solely on the commentary here to guide my life decisions so don’t worry! It’s a little silly to assume someone would. Also, there are posters here I know and whose opinion I would take on board, but mostly I’m killing some time. Hence my retort as to why you feel it’s an issue for me to post, your initial post was a tad text rude. I assumed you must not like me, actually!

But I’m all fine x

over a year ago

"yes - but you are speaking in a "swinging context " hun - sorry, you asked the question in a public forum - sorry in a forum for ALL members - what do you expect ?

"

I think because the people I’ve asked are swingers and obvs don’t have the capacity to speak to any other topic.

I’m guessing it was more a post telling me off for taking advice from strangers rather than the bank itself but that’s based on a massive assumption by the poster in the first place.

But they’re new (I think) and it was perhaps well intentioned if a little shouty!

over a year ago

I think because the people I’ve asked are swingers and obvs don’t have the capacity to speak to any other topic.

I’m guessing it was more a post telling me off for taking advice from strangers rather than the bank itself but that’s based on a massive assumption by the poster in the first place.

But they’re new (I think) and it was perhaps well intentioned if a little shouty!"

Well, I'm not a swinger so it's all good here

over a year ago

But they’re new (I think) and it was perhaps well intentioned if a little shouty!

Well, I'm not a swinger so it's all good here "

Very bizarre interaction on the other thread. Anyway, so I got this money...

over a year ago

Not necessarily. Banks will look at all cases, even ones they have declined. I know one in particular pays a portion of PPI into your account with the notation PPI & the remainder as a cheque. Check your account to see if anything had been credited

Banks are self-checking ALL bank accounts? Really? Then what’s the point in advertising campaigns telling the public to request a check and a deadline to do so by? I’m not sure that’s right. But hey, if it is PPI related and I never asked them to check and they decided to do so for me and then realised they should give me money and did so, I won’t complain! "

I don't know about all banks but they'd only check your bank account if there was PPI on an overdraft with them. Otherwise it would be another product. Mortgage, loan, credit card, insurance etc. Check the reference in the letter, might give you a clue in that.

Either way, happy money day

over a year ago

Banks are self-checking ALL bank accounts? Really? Then what’s the point in advertising campaigns telling the public to request a check and a deadline to do so by? I’m not sure that’s right. But hey, if it is PPI related and I never asked them to check and they decided to do so for me and then realised they should give me money and did so, I won’t complain!

I don't know about all banks but they'd only check your bank account if there was PPI on an overdraft with them. Otherwise it would be another product. Mortgage, loan, credit card, insurance etc. Check the reference in the letter, might give you a clue in that.

Either way, happy money day "

Drinks or whatever are on me! Thanks! Xx

over a year ago

hey Thanks *HUNNY* xxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

Very bizarre interaction on the other thread. Anyway, so I got this money... "

I heard. What you gonna do with it?

over a year ago

"hey Thanks *HUNNY* xxxxxxxxxxx"

That’s alright dearie. Nice tits.

over a year ago

Very bizarre interaction on the other thread. Anyway, so I got this money...

I heard. What you gonna do with it?"

Shall we “send” for Lib?

over a year ago

ty

over a year ago

" ty"

over a year ago

Do you understand about EU privacy laws ?

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

There's lots of stuff banks add to accounts that are being refunded. PPI, overdraft charges, credit card protection, account protection, late payment charges, life/mortgage insurance. All have to one extent or another been deemed worthy of being able to be reclaimed, some banks are doing it automatically others you have to investigate yourself.

over a year ago

"There's lots of stuff banks add to accounts that are being refunded. PPI, overdraft charges, credit card protection, account protection, late payment charges, life/mortgage insurance. All have to one extent or another been deemed worthy of being able to be reclaimed, some banks are doing it automatically others you have to investigate yourself. "

+true :D

over a year ago

"Do you understand about EU privacy laws ?"

Please only tell me about them in a swinging context...

over a year ago

"There's lots of stuff banks add to accounts that are being refunded. PPI, overdraft charges, credit card protection, account protection, late payment charges, life/mortgage insurance. All have to one extent or another been deemed worthy of being able to be reclaimed, some banks are doing it automatically others you have to investigate yourself. "

Yes, that answers my query if it is that - if some banks are doing it automatically. Well I wonder what it was for in those elusive months in 2013, all will be revealed tomorrow (later today!)

over a year ago

"Do you understand about EU privacy laws ?"

I don't. Would you enlighten me please.

over a year ago

"Do you understand about EU privacy laws ?

Please only tell me about them in a swinging context... "

They want to fuck us up the arse.

over a year ago

Sorry, but in he wake of FB and other companies, data mining your personal data is kind a big thing for the EU coming into force.... think i talk shit...watch and see.... but its not my problem, it's really yours x

over a year ago

"Sorry, but in he wake of FB and other companies, data mining your personal data is kind a big thing for the EU coming into force.... think i talk shit...watch and see.... but its not my problem, it's really yours x"

What has that got to do with the thread?

over a year ago

"Sorry, but in he wake of FB and other companies, data mining your personal data is kind a big thing for the EU coming into force.... think i talk shit...watch and see.... but its not my problem, it's really yours x

What has that got to do with the thread?"

Absolutely nothing. But apparently it’s all my problem.

over a year ago

ignorance is bliss

over a year ago

"ignorance is bliss"

You do sound blissed.

over a year ago

you do HUNNY kins :P you need social life

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Your receipt of cheques from your Bank could be ......

A few of the Major banks are self-checking customer accounts looking for anomalies in banking transactions where they are deemed to have been at fault. In most cases it would've been down to technical issues about which you weren't aware but the Bank is now reimbursing you.

I had this 3 yrs ago with RBS!

Some Banks are self checking with regards to the PPI Misselling scandal and are refunding first.

Have you recommended a family member or friend to join your bank in the past year? If yes, some banks will pay a Thank You bonus after your friend's account has been held after a fixed period of time.

Lastly, the reason they send you cheques is down to Laundering of Money regulations. Don't ask me why, it's just what a friend in a Bank recently told me.

over a year ago

Sounds like attention seeking thread to me

over a year ago

Good evening Sugar

"

It's me, sugar (for any Marilyn Monroe fans out there)

over a year ago

Barclaycard are automatically refunding charges and interest relating to loan and credit accounts over limit and in arrears at some point since October 2013. They've refused to say why though.

Northern Rock automatically refunded us thousands a few years ago because they forgot to put legally required data on paperwork, meaning interest charges were illegal for years.

over a year ago

Never look a gift horse in the mouth - you're with Lloyds, right?

over a year ago

"Sounds like attention seeking thread to me"

Don't think she that type of a person.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I am supported they have sent a cheque.

When I phoned to complain about them stoping credit card they gave me 10 quid or so straight in to my account as apology

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

is there enough to buy yourself a house?

over a year ago

is there enough to buy yourself a house? "

Trust you to think of that! I’ll be donating to charity.

over a year ago

"Sounds like attention seeking thread to me"

Oh hi again. Sorry I haven’t replied.

over a year ago

Thanks for the tips and info. I’ll find out today and then will do something nice with the money, I don’t need it.

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

Can I chat with some friends or should I have sought your permission?! You do realise this is a forum for general chat not just SWINGING. Moody munchkin. "

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

is there enough to buy yourself a house?

Trust you to think of that! I’ll be donating to charity. "

It was too obvious to resist.

Applauds your altruistic endeavours. Nice gesture.....

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

This thread is so weird, I like it.

Congrats on the money, can I have some please?

By *litteasingManMan
over a year ago

Thereabouts

"

I am lost now... OP can you teach me how to speak in a swinging context please? At least, you are the only one now who speaks in that context

over a year ago

"This thread is so weird, I like it.

Congrats on the money, can I have some please?"

It is definitely confusing given another thread that was running concurrently is no more...

I like the weird too though. Of course you can have some money XX

over a year ago

You could at least donate some to the #freelee fund

over a year ago

I am lost now... OP can you teach me how to speak in a swinging context please? At least, you are the only one now who speaks in that context "

I cannot help but speak in a swinging context, I am the swinging cabal. Apparently.

I’m running training on Friday...

over a year ago

"You could at least donate some to the #freelee fund "

I do Lee

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"You could at least donate some to the #freelee fund "

over a year ago

Yep I've had a couple

over a year ago

"Yep I've had a couple "

You unicorn, you

over a year ago

Hope you managed to get to the bottom of it all OP

over a year ago

"Hope you managed to get to the bottom of it all OP "

I did! The money is mine. The money was mine. The money is now with a homeless charity.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Hope you managed to get to the bottom of it all OP

I did! The money is mine. The money was mine. The money is now with a homeless charity. "

Result!

This thread didn't go as I expected after I went to bed.

over a year ago

I did! The money is mine. The money was mine. The money is now with a homeless charity. "

Aw, you

over a year ago

Awwww you my darling are an absolute gem

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

Glad you got it figured out answer I applaud you on your selfless act of giving

over a year ago

Dunno. Can I borrow a fiver?

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Really? You done that? You're a beautiful soul

over a year ago

its just like an overcharge

mine was with my mortgage

i also think id never had ppi

neither did my mum

trust me get it checked

its worth thousands and is nothing to do with any debts you may have

its dealt with totally seperately

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Banking regulations & recent changes to them mean that where banks have identified issues that may have caused a customer detriment or financial loss, they have to remediate them. So say you were charged a late fee in the past, but weren’t notified in writing, that would be a bank error & they would be obliged to correct it. So they will issue you with a refund for the amount of the charge plus interest calculated at a set rate x number of months. I believe the standard is around 8%, same as the PPI calculations.

Or in short, yes - they will send you money without being prompted!

over a year ago

Dunno. Can I borrow a fiver?"

Nah, I’m skint.

over a year ago

I did! The money is mine. The money was mine. The money is now with a homeless charity.

Really? You done that? You're a beautiful soul "

I wasn’t missing the money so don’t really think it’s mine to keep. It is what it is.

over a year ago

Banking regulations & recent changes to them mean that where banks have identified issues that may have caused a customer detriment or financial loss, they have to remediate them. So say you were charged a late fee in the past, but weren’t notified in writing, that would be a bank error & they would be obliged to correct it. So they will issue you with a refund for the amount of the charge plus interest calculated at a set rate x number of months. I believe the standard is around 8%, same as the PPI calculations.

Or in short, yes - they will send you money without being prompted! "

Nods. Well decent souls for doing so and it’s was a nice surprise. But quite honestly I don’t need more (want is different) and pay it forward, I say.

Post new Message to Thread