Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Holy crap!

Jump to newest

By *rincess peach OP   Woman
over a year ago

shits creek

So.. I knew my eyes were getting to the stage where they could do with testing. I was having to get my phone in focus so to speak.

I didn't realise until today just how bad they were! I thought I could see and just needed a little adjustment now n then. I put the glasses on, thought they'd not made a snot of difference until I took them off!!! Blur.

So, I'm now the owner of a pair of reading glasses, on the same day I get my letter from the doctors surgery telling me I'm now entitled to a free NHS health check due to my age!

I'm gonna be the coolest old bird in town.

Oh, the message in all of this. Get your mince pies tested, you may be rather shocked!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Definitely makes a difference if you never realised before! I wear mine occasionally for driving or looking at a screen for prolonged periods. I’ve also got a pair of horrendous military-issued flying glasses!

over a year ago

I e worn glasses for years and am as blind as a bat without them. I’ve just had them tested and got new glasses. Wait until you have to have varifocals then you feel old x

over a year ago

I wear varifocals..proper old bird glasses

Both short and longsighted

over a year ago

Don't need eyes testing but defo need fuckin head testing.

over a year ago

My eyes are fucked. But I've known that for years.

over a year ago

Get tested twice a year - the optician is so hot and when he’s looking deeply into my eyes, so close to me, I can feel him breathing, in that darkened room...

It’s so hard to control

over a year ago

"

Both short and longsighted "

Glad I’m not the only one! Short in one eye and long in the other.

over a year ago

Like a bird in a white blouse and black skirt wearing glasses with hair plunked up

over a year ago

I can't see very well without my glasses. Need them updated but can't afford it yet lol.

By * and BCouple
over a year ago

Durham

Think that's bad. I felt old the week of my 50th Birthday 7 days before my 50th I Became a grandad, how's that for feeling old in a week.

over a year ago

"Think that's bad. I felt old the week of my 50th Birthday 7 days before my 50th I Became a grandad, how's that for feeling old in a week. "

That's not that bad ..

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I used to be short sighted but I was zapped when I was 26 and was the best thing I have ever done.

I’ve justed started wearing reading glasses so I just embraced it and bought a red pair, a blue pair and a purple pair

By *rincess peach OP   Woman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I used to be short sighted but I was zapped when I was 26 and was the best thing I have ever done.

I’ve justed started wearing reading glasses so I just embraced it and bought a red pair, a blue pair and a purple pair "

Mine are pink yaay

over a year ago

I loathed wearing reading glasses to start with, as I thought - I’m old now! Since then though, I’ve used them as an extra fashion accessory. Even got extra pairs in the bargain basement shops for £1.49, so I have lots of variety of frames. I also get told I look intellectual with them on, always a first time.

over a year ago

Take Peach's advice, get your mince pies tested.

over a year ago

I'm a nightmare with my reading glasses. I've lost them again and they are so scratched I can only see through the outer edges.

I bought a copy of Ulysses at the weekend and the print is way too small to read.

over a year ago

Not an easy book to read at the best of times!

over a year ago

It happened to me last year, I thought I possibly needed reading glasses... it turned out I needed them for distance and quite a large prescription too ?? Now I'm contemplating contact lenses as I'm relying on my glasses more and more

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've got multi focals, and odd eyes.

Perfect long vision in obe, but can't see anything under 20'

OK in other, but anything over 10' away is a blur.

If you ever see me in a pool, I'm not winking at you, just trying to see where I'm swimming

Post new Message to Thread