Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sex as leisure

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I was chatting with a couple of friends and one of the guys says he thinks of sex in a relationship as a leisure activity. And one of the girls got really offended at how trivial he was making it seem.

I kept out of it but was thinking, fab would be a good place to get opinions on this. So what do you all think. Sex as leisure - trivial or not...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I was chatting with a couple of friends and one of the guys says he thinks of sex in a relationship as a leisure activity. And one of the girls got really offended at how trivial he was making it seem.

I kept out of it but was thinking, fab would be a good place to get opinions on this. So what do you all think. Sex as leisure - trivial or not... "

I personally don't see sex as a leisure activity, even though it can be sometimes a very relaxing activity.

Sex involves way more than just genetalia.

I may indeed satisfy my blatant sexual craving, but this craving will automatically feed other of my non-blatant needs. And I think that it is the case for almost most people, if not all.

We don't just fuck, we carefully chose who we share this intimate activity with. Therefore, it can't be a leisure or a trivia activity.

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I’m going to list it as a hobby on my CV, it’s more interesting than most others, cheaper than golf and a good talking point for interviews

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Sex doesn't always have to be deep and meaningful. It's a very pleasant and relaxing thing to do.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

It’s all semantics. Leisure activities can be deep and meaningful. Leisure activities can take time and commitment. Leisure activities can be something we barely think about, or they can consume all of our free time, as we explore every aspect of them.

As something that couples do together, takes time, is good fun, and isn’t either a job or a household chore, sex is a leisure activity. It’s a leisure activity that helps strengthen the bond between the two, and deepen the trust.

But so does rock climbing.

By *nsatiable Needy BratWoman
over a year ago

Here and There

I'd say sex could be classed as a leisure activity. It's done for fun, you take time out for it, it can be done alone or as part of a group, you can buy things to enhance the experience, there are clubs for it. Doesn't mean because it is a leisure activity that it detracts from the sentiment. Making love, passionate sex and f*ucking is still a form of bonding and connecting with a person. I'd be more pissed if I discovered a partner saw it as a chore more than an activity they enjoyed. For me, personally, classing it as leisurely doesn't take anything away from it.

By *is vixen at playCouple
over a year ago

Dundee

In our relationship we have sex becouse we enjoy it and its fun. But when V has sex outside of this we view it more as a hobby. A very fun hobby. G

over a year ago

It's neither a leisure activity or a serious affair to me. Just something to enjoy when the mood takes me and it's quite enjoyable

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"It's neither a leisure activity or a serious affair to me. Just something to enjoy when the mood takes me and it's quite enjoyable "
I’m now baffled as to what you think a leisure activity is.

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Even if you class it as a leisure activity, that does not mean it is trivial.

Angling is a leisure activity but tell an angler it is trivial at your peril!

Many people take their leisure activities very seriously

over a year ago

"It's neither a leisure activity or a serious affair to me. Just something to enjoy when the mood takes me and it's quite enjoyable I’m now baffled as to what you think a leisure activity is."

Brass rubbing?

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

Surely it doesn't matter to anyone else other than with those you are indulging?

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Brass rubbing? "
Nudge nudge, wink wink.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

People (some of them anyway) are easily offended if you view sex differently to them.

over a year ago

I think ‘people who enjoy recreational sex’ is almost a definition of swinging, so yes, a leisure activity.

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

Sex is one of life's fundamentals.

over a year ago

"It’s all semantics. Leisure activities can be deep and meaningful. Leisure activities can take time and commitment. Leisure activities can be something we barely think about, or they can consume all of our free time, as we explore every aspect of them.

As something that couples do together, takes time, is good fun, and isn’t either a job or a household chore, sex is a leisure activity. It’s a leisure activity that helps strengthen the bond between the two, and deepen the trust.

But so does rock climbing."

I get what you're saying, but it's all semantics.

over a year ago

Oh I don't know love the communal aspect getting naked and exploring new people. Going to a swingers resort is definitely on my bucket list. Sitting on the roof top naked sun bathing at chams is just as good as going on holiday x

over a year ago

"It's neither a leisure activity or a serious affair to me. Just something to enjoy when the mood takes me and it's quite enjoyable I’m now baffled as to what you think a leisure activity is.

Brass rubbing? "

Just given that a rather lovely new meaning

By *oobs1Woman
over a year ago

Sussex

Leisure activity? Ok I have to admit to laughing at that description.. Next it’s going to be a sport at the olympics Oh the things I look at whilst waiting for my son!

By *ilthyStrumpetCouple
over a year ago

Trowbridge

My views have changed.

4/5 years ago sex was a recreational thing I did. I was having a lot of it with a several people. It was great!

Now, I have less (because we don't see each other during the week atm) but far better sex with my OH and occasionally others. And that's great too.

If I ever find myself single again, I'd probably revert back to how I once was but I'm happy with how things are now, most of the sex I have is fuelled by love and desire, with a little extra thrown in just for the fun of it

over a year ago

Well, it's not a work activity is it? (Unless you're employed in that industry)

over a year ago

"I'd say sex could be classed as a leisure activity. It's done for fun, you take time out for it, it can be done alone or as part of a group, you can buy things to enhance the experience, there are clubs for it. Doesn't mean because it is a leisure activity that it detracts from the sentiment. Making love, passionate sex and f*ucking is still a form of bonding and connecting with a person. I'd be more pissed if I discovered a partner saw it as a chore more than an activity they enjoyed. For me, personally, classing it as leisurely doesn't take anything away from it. "

Exactly what she said

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

Leisure activity, no, pleasure activity, 100%

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I you look at other societies such as the ancient Greeks sex was much more a common thing that was enjoy between people day to day outside of a relationships and without the connotations we draw in today's societies.

Personally I see different types of sex, with different meanings. Like the way I see different types of love and relationships more as spectrum rather than a few pre determined boxes. For example for me sex is something that can be shared between good friends out of nothing more than pure friendship. It brings closeness and total acceptance of each other. Then there is the sex between those who are in love which has a whole load deeper meaning, total connection and brings two people in to one. Then there is pure fun meaningless recreational sex, like you may share with strangers you have got chatting to in a club for example. All these different kinds of sex are great and in my mind are all good components to a well ballence diet. It's a shame that our wider society is so ridged in attitudes and norms towards sex.

over a year ago

Here and There

"I you look at other societies such as the ancient Greeks sex was much more a common thing that was enjoy between people day to day outside of a relationships and without the connotations we draw in today's societies.

Personally I see different types of sex, with different meanings. Like the way I see different types of love and relationships more as spectrum rather than a few pre determined boxes. For example for me sex is something that can be shared between good friends out of nothing more than pure friendship. It brings closeness and total acceptance of each other. Then there is the sex between those who are in love which has a whole load deeper meaning, total connection and brings two people in to one. Then there is pure fun meaningless recreational sex, like you may share with strangers you have got chatting to in a club for example. All these different kinds of sex are great and in my mind are all good components to a well ballence diet. It's a shame that our wider society is so ridged in attitudes and norms towards sex."

Blah, blah, blah ancient Greeks-

Schmeeks. All I want to know is where do you place your girl on this spectrum sir

Also do you find me leisurely? Or just really f*cking hard work sir?

over a year ago

In my marriage it was an arduous task, until it stopped altogether.

Now it's my leisure and pleasure.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"I you look at other societies such as the ancient Greeks sex was much more a common thing that was enjoy between people day to day outside of a relationships and without the connotations we draw in today's societies.

Personally I see different types of sex, with different meanings. Like the way I see different types of love and relationships more as spectrum rather than a few pre determined boxes. For example for me sex is something that can be shared between good friends out of nothing more than pure friendship. It brings closeness and total acceptance of each other. Then there is the sex between those who are in love which has a whole load deeper meaning, total connection and brings two people in to one. Then there is pure fun meaningless recreational sex, like you may share with strangers you have got chatting to in a club for example. All these different kinds of sex are great and in my mind are all good components to a well ballence diet. It's a shame that our wider society is so ridged in attitudes and norms towards sex.

Schmeeks. All I want to know is where do you place your girl on this spectrum sir

Also do you find me leisurely? Or just really f*cking hard work sir? "

You know full well were I place you my girl. Anyway I thought I was the one on the spectrum? I would say I find you a little bit of category A, a little bit of category B and worth every bit of it.

over a year ago

"It's neither a leisure activity or a serious affair to me. Just something to enjoy when the mood takes me and it's quite enjoyable I’m now baffled as to what you think a leisure activity is."

Fishing. Painting. Horseback riding etc x

over a year ago

better than going to the gym

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Group sex leisure. One to one sex pleasure.

over a year ago

Did your friend really have to go and get "offended" about his views, couldnt she of just disagreed?

over a year ago

Here and There

"

Also do you find me leisurely? Or just really f*cking hard work sir?

You know full well were I place you my girl. Anyway I thought I was the one on the spectrum? I would say I find you a little bit of category A, a little bit of category B and worth every bit of it."

Ah yes my special sir

Just call me L'oreal

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

Sex, swimming and gardening are my three favourite forms of exercise.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"It's neither a leisure activity or a serious affair to me. Just something to enjoy when the mood takes me and it's quite enjoyable

I’m now baffled as to what you think a leisure activity is.

Fishing. Painting. Horseback riding etc x"

Right. So, things to enjoy when the mood takes you, and that are quite enjoyable...

Post new Message to Thread