Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advice please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am supposed to be going to a coffee meet at 4. I have been on a night shift but stayed awake so that I can go. We have not chatted on the phone yet but he gave me his number to text when we could chat together today.

I messaged at 1.10 to say hi thinking he would text or ring but nothing. I decided to give him until 2.30 for the benefit of the doubt but still nothing. I haven't got ready as I feel this is me being stood up already.

He said the phone number was a work number, he is married, I won't ring the number as I think that is so wrong. I don't want to cause mischief.

My gut instinct says its a no show before even leaving home. Am I right to think this way as its an hour to go and I don't want to get dressed up for nothing or am I being a bit stupid.

Hope I have explained this OK.

Thanks and sorry for the long winded essay lol x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Go to bed and get some sleep.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Go to bed and get some sleep. "

^^this xx

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Meet me instead

over a year ago

I must admit I am done in. I feel I have given him enough time to text at least. Am I wrong x

Thanks for helping me guys and girls x

over a year ago

AAwwww city that has restored my faith lol x

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

Text to say it is now 3.10, you haven't replied so I assume you will not be meeting.

Then go about whatever you want to do, sleep etc.

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

Plenty of singles on here, why bother with the hassle of being caught by the wife not to mention the hurt it could cause her if she isnt aware that he is cheating? Plus if they have kids how would it mess them up ?

Frank

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Has he been online ...I'd like to think he'd message back straight away I would to put ladies mind at rest ..I'm sorry to say I think it's a no show and you should get some sleep ....however I hope I'm wrong

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

"Go to bed and get some sleep. "

This this this

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

Go with your gut instinct. He should have been in touch well before now x

over a year ago

Go and get your head down..

If it was a genuine reason he didnt respond well its his loss

over a year ago

This happens a lot. They like the idea of meeting when chatting then vanish. Thats why i wont even bother if theyre not verified.

Do what the person above said, just say you haven't heard so wont be meeting and get to bed.

No doubt they will say afterwards that they had every intention of meeting and make out that your the let down but wont actually say if they were sat in the arranged place waiting for u. Xx

over a year ago

Thank you so much for all your help. I felt I was being unreasonable. But now I think it was just him on a kick or something, probably wasn't intending to meet anyway.

He hasn't been online since last night but even so we had an arrangement for a text and chat today. I should have realised.

Once again guys thanks for all your help and advice much appreciated xx

over a year ago

It does happen, unfortunately, that people get cold feet. Sometimes I wonder if they're doing it for some sort of a bet or confidence boost, that they not only managed to get a woman to reply to their message on here, but also arranged a meet. It would be nice if they had the balls to message 'sorry, changed my mind' or similar rather than just disappearing

over a year ago

"Go to bed and get some sleep.

^^this xx "

Also this... I was on a 19 hour awake day yesterday and good I feel fucked today

over a year ago

^^this xx

Also this... I was on a 19 hour awake day yesterday and good I feel fucked today "

As luck would have it I have finished my working week but had a rough nights sleep yesterday afternoon/evening so hopefully will sleep well tonight. I will try and get to 9pm but I know I won't make it lol.

I hope you feel so much better tomorrow xx

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

OP, it happens frequently on these type of sites, learn from it and don’t let it get to you, good luck

over a year ago

^^this xx

Also this... I was on a 19 hour awake day yesterday and good I feel fucked today

As luck would have it I have finished my working week but had a rough nights sleep yesterday afternoon/evening so hopefully will sleep well tonight. I will try and get to 9pm but I know I won't make it lol.

I hope you feel so much better tomorrow xx"

Thank you and the same to you, my week has only just begun

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

OP

Get yourself along to a few socials meet people that way

By *arnayguyMan
over a year ago

Durham Tees

"

Once again guys thanks for all your help and advice much appreciated xx"

You are welcome. Glad you feel better.

Each to their own and all that but I can't help wonder why you won't ring the work phone because it would be so wrong, yet you would meet a married man? The way you put it just seems a bit odd.

Post new Message to Thread