Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profile rating option.

Jump to newest

By *iceperson OP   Man
over a year ago

Coalville

While reading through a recent post about "What puts you off someone's profile", it became obvious that a pattern of offending content was emerging. An idea then came to mind that might help to raise the standard of profiles on the site.

Would introducing a "Profile Rating Option" work?

Maybe an option to rate a profile from 0 to 5? with each member only being allowed to rate another profile once.

This might then encourage genuine members to spend a little more time and care when writing their profile content which would in turn raise the whole standard for profiles on the site.

I would suggest that only paid members be allowed to rate another profile. I acknowledge that there are genuine people on here who are unpaid members but by keeping the rating system available to paid members only it would prevent anyone registering a profile, rating someone elses and then deleting their own 10 minutes later.

As well as raising the standard of profiles in general, such a rating system could have several benifits.

A member could search profiles with a specific rating score or set options to not allow contact from anyone with a score of 2 or less for example.

I'm not suggesting that such a system would be perfect and I'm sure there are disadvantages to such a rating system.

I'm just putting the idea out for debate to see if others can see any benifit or otherwise of such a system.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What I think is a good profile would be different to someone else's. Having a shit profile doesn't always mean the person is.

Having good veris doesn't make the person a good shag.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread