Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

F1 Chinese Grand Prix: Round 3 of 21

Jump to newest

By *ky19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

Haven't seen a post about this yet. Shall I give a quick rundown then.

10 teams, one by one:

Mercedes - Well the dominance is well and truly over then. What's going on with Hamilton at the mo? Like Vettel he can sometimes lack the spirit of Alonso when off the pace. Could have won in the same manner Vettel did in Australia, had Merc had a clue about strategy. At least Lewis is so good at bringing the points home thesd days. Good job by Bottas!

Ferrari - Flipping heck they're quick aren't they? Kimi shafted yet again when possible to win! He's been very underwhelming in recent years but also very unlucky indeed (see DNS Malaysia last year). Seb's turn to suffer at the hands of Mad Max today, but still kept his head to bag points for 8th.

Red Bull - Good to see 3 teams are able to fight it out now. Ricciardo so good at the racing and getting the results, what is happening with Max? Guess the honeymoon is over now and he's got a learn the same way Hamilton had to.

Force India - Always start the season slowly but this is a little worrying - no points again.

Williams - Ouch! Stroll outqualified by his new team mate. I quite like Sirotkin, he seems humble and very hard working, good on the technical side too apparently. Tough times but show signs of edging closer.

Renault - The Hulk is flying right now. I'm surprised by his superiority over Sainz, given his size and weight. Sainz comes across as a little troublemaker with an attitude IMO.

Toro Rosso - Back to the same old then is it?

Haas - More points for KMag, more angry shouting from Grosjean who finished 17th with no points again, seemingly unable to handle the fact he's well beaten by his team mate again. Can't be too long before he's shown the door. Magnussen seems to be really blossoming with being kept on at a team for the first time. Good for him, thumbs up.

McLaren - Embarrassingly bad, starting only 13th and 14th again nowhere near the pace and well down on straightline speed. At least once they've got rid of Honda they can return to fighting at the front. Oh hang on... Race pace is more like they should be however. Alonso is actually 6th in the standings but you get the feeling he's hanging on by the coat-tails. Vandoorne gets a bit of stick but I think he's doing just fine against one of the best ever.

Sauber - Ericsson is very underrated IMO. In his 5th season he's actually developed into a good driver. LeClerc was quicker this time but crashed, he'll get there.

Anyone noticed how the big hubbub and fuss about that circle thing around the drivers head, which was supposed to wreck the sport, has kinda died down quite a bit already. We'll get used to it folks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ky19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

I think Gasly must have had a Mercedes engine installed by mistake in Bahrain. The Honda engine he was supposed to have ended up in Hamilton's car today.

McLaren must be running Renault engines from about early 2015

By *ky19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

Still learning how to use a question mark...

By *ave-and-LouiseCouple
over a year ago

Torquay

I felt very sad for Kimi being used like that. This could be his last year, he should be flat out every race making the most of it not being used as a bloody roadblock!

By *ky19 OP   Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

Yeah that's right its not like he has to worry about being sacked, probably not having a long time left anyway. Want to see him on the top step one last time before he goes.

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Once again, strategy failed the Mercedes drivers, and Ferrari too if I`m honest. Not sure if Mercedes could have got Hamilton in when Red Bull pitted under the safety car. Result would have been very different then! Verstappen seems to have got his reckless ways back again, hitting Hamilton last week the a 10 second penalty for todays mishap!

Moaning Gorsjean!!! Shut up and drive man and stop blaming everyone else for your cock-ups! Your team mate is showing you how to do it!!!

By *rben112Man
over a year ago

worcester

"I felt very sad for Kimi being used like that. This could be his last year, he should be flat out every race making the most of it not being used as a bloody roadblock! "

I agree. I feel sorry for Kimi this season as he is on the pace but totally out of luck and support.

Ricciado was a star last time out. Not only those moves on Bottas but he kept his cool, drove with maturity and patience. A champions performance.

Plus he is very likeable over some of the other robots

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I`m going to add that Vettel was going backwards on his worn tyres and Verstappen didn`t have to make such a reckless move when he did!

Post new Message to Thread