Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

self-esteem and confident

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How does it affect your self-esteem and confident's when people stare at you and make fun of your looks in real life and when they do not reply to messages? this was talk about on the JK show one time

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

When my husband called me a fat doughnut eating cunt I smiled inside. Names don't hurt me and I knew he had nothing left to try to hurt me with.

over a year ago

Depends on who says it really. Mostly it's just words. If they're rude it says more about them than me.

over a year ago

You win some you lose some - doesn’t matter as long as you have your principles and values - do what’s right by you without hurting someone else

over a year ago

People can say what they want about me it doesn't really bother me to be honest but I get to others it can be hurtful never really seen what anyone can gain by being nasty to others my self

over a year ago

"People can say what they want about me it doesn't really bother me to be honest but I get to others it can be hurtful never really seen what anyone can gain by being nasty to others my self "
your right but there are a lot of nasty people out there even online

over a year ago

The worlds is full over nasty people especially online but if that's there sad little life being nasty online then there welcome to it because to me that's not living

over a year ago

"The worlds is full over nasty people especially online but if that's there sad little life being nasty online then there welcome to it because to me that's not living "

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

I get stared at all the time but nobody has dared to be rude to my face.

Online means nothing.

over a year ago

"How does it affect your self-esteem and confident's when people stare at you and make fun of your looks in real life and when they do not reply to messages? this was talk about on the JK show one time "

stop sending messages to unsuitable people on here...

and don't let it get to you in the real world.... its just words

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It's rare for someone to say it to my face, but it happens. If it's someone I know then it hurts more than a random stranger passing a comment.

Comments about my looks online don't hurt me. I'm an acquired taste.

By *aptain ScarlettWoman
over a year ago

swansea

I'm my biggest critic. Everyone else I can choose what I do with thier feedback

over a year ago

I don’t think I’d give a fuck to be honest.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

It's easier for people to hide behind a keyboard and computer screen.

Fabs has a way of giving people confidence that they don't possess in the 'real' world.

Does that give them the right to rude to other people... No. It doesn't!

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

What anyone thinks abot me is none of my business. Just like its none of their business what I think of them.

Ive never been aware of anyone 'staring' at me in a nasty sense, although Ive been watched at a club playing many times.

Never had anyone be downright nasty to my face except my ex husband and eventually He ran me down so much I snapped and left him... took a long time to rebuild myself, now I just feel sorry for him.

Im a positive person and I believe you reap what you sow.... kindness and humility will always win.

over a year ago

"How does it affect your self-esteem and confident's when people stare at you and make fun of your looks in real life and when they do not reply to messages? this was talk about on the JK show one time "

So they talked on the JK Show about people not replying to your messages?

Really??

over a year ago

my Mam always told me not to give a shit what people think because they're nobody's lol

By *heshireguy69Man
over a year ago

saddleworth

"People can say what they want about me it doesn't really bother me to be honest but I get to others it can be hurtful never really seen what anyone can gain by being nasty to others my self your right but there are a lot of nasty people out there even online "

Even online?! Online is the worst place you can be if you suffer with confidence or self esteem. Too many keyboard warriors, cranks and arseholes.

If you’re not going to say it to their face then don’t say it online is my rule of thumb.

over a year ago

I get this as I’m a bbw get a lot of oh lose weight blah blah blah but I just think they are pathetic and petty x

over a year ago

Rather have no reply than the one I had earlier as per my post, you have to have a thick skin being a single male on here, but rude or abusive comments really knock your confidence and self esteem to the point where you think is it worth it

over a year ago

I'm big.. I'm confident.. but also aware of not being for everyone. No one has ever said I should lose weight.. it's how ppl carry themselves. I ain't gonna change for no one and can do sexy as much as a size 10.. my moto is.. you don't like me.. no loss of mine. Keep smiling

over a year ago

"People can say what they want about me it doesn't really bother me to be honest but I get to others it can be hurtful never really seen what anyone can gain by being nasty to others my self your right but there are a lot of nasty people out there even online "

Who are very easy to ignore.

over a year ago

I don't really care.

The opinions of people on the Internet who only see the side I show mean absolutely nothing, and very few people know me well enough to have a true opinion on my personality. If people think parts of my personality are a bit eccentric and odd, I won't change myself for them. I'm confident with my external appearance too.

over a year ago

"Rather have no reply than the one I had earlier as per my post, you have to have a thick skin being a single male on here, but rude or abusive comments really knock your confidence and self esteem to the point where you think is it worth it"

I dont think its just single males to be fair.

You just need to ignore the assholes who need to insult and belittle others in any walk of life. Might be easier said than done but keep your head up an stay proud of yourself

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't think fab is a good place if your self esteem isn't rock solid.

People who say awful things to others are projecting their feelings about themselves on to other people.

over a year ago

I have literally never received an impolite message on here. I blocked single males and newbies that might be why. Anyway Jesus loves you baby. Live free

over a year ago

Hopefully your confidence is still high, OP! You’ve done incredibly well on your weight loss journey!

over a year ago

"Hopefully your confidence is still high, OP! You’ve done incredibly well on your weight loss journey! "

I have noticed you a lot recently on treads. You appear to be the nicest and most caring person on fab and in my general day to day life.

over a year ago

"Hopefully your confidence is still high, OP! You’ve done incredibly well on your weight loss journey!

I have noticed you a lot recently on treads. You appear to be the nicest and most caring person on fab and in my general day to day life. "

Haha, I’m a complete arsehole really

over a year ago

"Hopefully your confidence is still high, OP! You’ve done incredibly well on your weight loss journey!

I have noticed you a lot recently on treads. You appear to be the nicest and most caring person on fab and in my general day to day life.

Haha, I’m a complete arsehole really "

True story.

over a year ago

True story. "

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I have noticed you a lot recently on treads. You appear to be the nicest and most caring person on fab and in my general day to day life. "

She's an utter sweetheart.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Shoe choices come to mind.

over a year ago

She's an utter sweetheart. "

Don’t believe Meli, she’s just trying to get in Blue’s knickers.

over a year ago

Shoe choices come to mind. "

Haha. I fully stand by my shoe choices!

over a year ago

She's an utter sweetheart. "

Oh, you!

over a year ago

Well I don’t believe you at all. But just in case please don’t be horrible to me.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

She's an utter sweetheart.

Don’t believe Meli, she’s just trying to get in Blue’s knickers. "

True, but you know we'd all want to watch.

over a year ago

She’s mine!!!! Hands off Blue! She’s mine, I tell you!!

over a year ago

You guys, don’t look at me, I’m shy...

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Haha. I fully stand by my shoe choices! "

You just can't walk in them.

over a year ago

Yes OP, how people interact with me can affect how I feel. I’m working on my resilience. Hope all well with you.

over a year ago

"You guys, don’t look at me, I’m shy..."

I love it when you blush.

over a year ago

Haha. I fully stand by my shoe choices!

You just can't walk in them.

"

They were flat too. I have no hope in 4 inch heels!

over a year ago

"How does it affect your self-esteem and confident's when people stare at you and make fun of your looks in real life and when they do not reply to messages? this was talk about on the JK show one time

Yes OP, how people interact with me can affect how I feel. I’m working on my resilience. Hope all well with you. "

i am doing fine only asked this after watch JK show where he was chatting to a women who lost her self-esteem and confident.

over a year ago

I suffered from social anxiety years ago. I used to hate going to pubs and clubs because I was always thinking that others were staring at me and judging me (i was a pretty big lad). They I went to therapy because it was getting to the point where I was missing out on having fun with friends.

I realised that I am who I am......be me and ignore what others think

over a year ago

i can honestly say i don't give a shit,,never had any hassle on my looks since school,,lol,,i got "LIPS" lol,,and now i never think of it,,ever

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

People speak with motivation, probably aiming to get something out of the interaction - I'll pick people up and challenge them, as many will play games.I'd be more likely to become bored and unfulfilled if people couldn't really share at a deeper level than just trying to hurt. I may be knocked off balance, surprised by unexpected criticism. But it's helpful to be warned that someone isn't directed to support your wellbeing.

Some twat tried it last week, we dated and he knocked me but he couldn't get closer - I've removed him from my life and don't want a charmer who is stunted and toxic again. We possibly just met at the wrong points in our lives but he's wrong for me at the moment. Learning is the ideal thing for us to do, so we don't need to repeat the mistakes.

over a year ago

Cant be arsed with it, used to bother me bigtime but i had other major issues to deal with and once they got sorted everything else became petty.... My lifestyle at my age draws sneers etc but reckon its envy of my freedom ????

over a year ago

"I suffered from social anxiety years ago. I used to hate going to pubs and clubs because I was always thinking that others were staring at me and judging me (i was a pretty big lad). They I went to therapy because it was getting to the point where I was missing out on having fun with friends.

I realised that I am who I am......be me and ignore what others think "

i was the same when i was 24 stone but life throws curve ball to everyone no matter who we are these days

Post new Message to Thread