FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it wrong to ask for a confidence boost?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If someone is feeling bad or having a rough time in life...

Is it wrong to ask for a confidence boost or for someone to say something nice to make them feel better?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"If someone is feeling bad or having a rough time in life...

Is it wrong to ask for a confidence boost or for someone to say something nice to make them feel better?

"

Its not wrong to ask IMHO.

But if it's someone close to you, it's wrong not to notice they need one.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Ah fuck off you ugly munter!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, no it's not. Now come tell me I'm pretty.

over a year ago

I think we all need a boost now and again but I feel if I asked for one then it might not be genuine. As opposed to if they just said it.

If you get what I mean.

over a year ago

Not wrong at all... tho for me my recent confidence boost from you beautiful fabbers though gratefuly received, didn’t last long and left a bitter taste of ‘ ahhh they were just being nice’

Sorry this comment has no real answers for you x

over a year ago

"Ah fuck off you ugly munter! "

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Do expand more If you feel the need and if it helps fire away

By *arkhorse7Man
over a year ago

birmingham

Why would be wrong ??!!

On the contrary, it would be perfectly normal human response of kindness, to give someone a joyful kind words, and if those kind words manifest into a boost, and gives them impetus to feel great about themselves, then it can only be a wonderful, and the right thing !!! Nowt wrong there lol

over a year ago

"Not wrong at all... tho for me my recent confidence boost from you beautiful fabbers though gratefuly received, didn’t last long and left a bitter taste of ‘ ahhh they were just being nice’

"

Never met you and I never will but here's a virtual hug xxxxx

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"

Good morning, and may I say your daffodil is looking rather beautiful this morning. Daffodils always cheer me up, they are like little rays of sunshine.

There do you feel better now?

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I think there's a fine line between looking for boosting of confidence and attention seeking, and on here there are certainly some who seek attention under the guise of looking for confidence boosts with comments such as "no-one would look twice at me" or "I'll just sit here unnoticed in the corner"

In general terms though if I see someone is genuinely in need of a confidence boost, and I can see a way of providing it by way of a compliment or similar that doesn't come across as flaky then I'll give it, but only if I believe in what I'm saying, I wouldn't do so for the sake of doing so.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Ah fuck off you ugly munter!

"

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I think we all need a boost now and again but I feel if I asked for one then it might not be genuine. As opposed to if they just said it.

If you get what I mean. "

Yeah I agree,it's better to get an unsolicited compliment.

over a year ago

"Not wrong at all... tho for me my recent confidence boost from you beautiful fabbers though gratefuly received, didn’t last long and left a bitter taste of ‘ ahhh they were just being nice’

Never met you and I never will but here's a virtual hug xxxxx"

ahh shucks thank you. Sending one back xx

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Good morning, and may I say your daffodil is looking rather beautiful this morning. Daffodils always cheer me up, they are like little rays of sunshine.

There do you feel better now? "

I think your mug is lovely it's very pretty.

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

It is very unBritish to ask directly for a confidence boost. However I think we are getting better at telling people if we are feeling low or down. Usually this is enough for support to be offered.

The classic stiff upper lip does stop many people receiving the help they need though..

over a year ago

The best compliments are for your brain and your sense of humour or listening and being a good friend. Those are the compliments I like. I know I'm attractive and I know I have nice boobs and a lush fanny so no need to compliment them.

over a year ago

In Budapest psychology you have useful vs not useful which is a better way to look at things rather than good vs bad or right value wrong.

over a year ago

no not at all Op we all need a confidence boost every now and then

over a year ago

"

No, I just ask for a whiskey. I soon feel better.

over a year ago

if it happened a lot id probably run a mile

over a year ago

"Ah fuck off you ugly munter! "

If it is something that one asks every single day, yes there is something wrong.

But asking for an ego boost now and again, there is nothing wrong in that.

over a year ago

If it is something that one asks every single day, yes there is something wrong.

But asking for an ego boost now and again, there is nothing wrong in that. "

oh for crying out loud yer beard is fine,,,its perfect,ok

over a year ago

"

No not at all. It's a bit like asking for a hug when needed.

It dies need to be genuine though or they may see through it and not be of any value.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"if it happened a lot id probably run a mile"

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

How fast can you a mile whilst saying Chase me

over a year ago

Not at all

over a year ago

Many do it on here by looking fir veris or by how many likes they got today compared to others. Very few aren't looking for affirmation.

over a year ago

But asking for an ego boost now and again, there is nothing wrong in that.

oh for crying out loud yer beard is fine,,,its perfect,ok "

over a year ago

"if it happened a lot id probably run a mile

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

How fast can you a mile whilst saying Chase me "

I know,i know,i know,and i can run very fast

over a year ago

Not at all op, though you’ve always come across as a very confident and lovely woman. Sometimes we all just need reminding we’re wanted x

over a year ago

"

Confidence boost would go a long way here... lack of enthusiasm and motivation recently

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I sometimes feel that just by chatting & interacting with people on the forums can be a confidence boost.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"if it happened a lot id probably run a mile

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

You are gorgeous

How fast can you a mile whilst saying Chase me

I know,i know,i know,and i can run very fast "

I look like a cross between Dick Emery and Kenny Everett when I wear stilettos, so bring it on sis

over a year ago

Not at all!

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

I don’t think is wrong, if it helps the person asking.

I don’t think it’s something I’d do, because some people just can’t help themselves and like to kick people when they’re down.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

It depends.

If you ask for a confidence boost from people who will just say anything to look good to others and to gain something from you it's pointless and empty. It won't boost you confidence in the long run.

If you're the kind of person who can receive a thousand genuine compliments but only believe the one insult you receive it's again pointless.

If you ask your real friends or people who genuinely have your welfare at heart it's not wrong. It's a good idea.

over a year ago

"It depends.

If you ask for a confidence boost from people who will just say anything to look good to others and to gain something from you it's pointless and empty. It won't boost you confidence in the long run.

If you're the kind of person who can receive a thousand genuine compliments but only believe the one insult you receive it's again pointless.

If you ask your real friends or people who genuinely have your welfare at heart it's not wrong. It's a good idea."

Your real friends should be able to get you to feel good about yourself without the need to shower you with words, no?

This is why I tend to know my friends who give me good vibes, they’re not there sucking up, they’re inspecting me to feel good by just being themselves.

Ask your friends for compliments to feel good, but you shouldn’t have to, they should just make you feel good anyway.

over a year ago

Nope, not at all.

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I dont think its wrong but would rather it came without being requested.

over a year ago

Not at all, I think we all should all pay others more compliments. And just because we want to.

over a year ago

I don't think it's wrong as such I just don't think it's a genuine response so I'm not sure if it really helps.

We all do a bit of "fishing" at times because we like to hear nice things. Some are more obvious than others and are generally repeat offenders but at the end of the day it's not hurting anyone. It doesn't hurt to cringe a bit sometimes

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"It depends.

If you ask your real friends or people who genuinely have your welfare at heart it's not wrong. It's a good idea.

Your real friends should be able to get you to feel good about yourself without the need to shower you with words, no?

This is why I tend to know my friends who give me good vibes, they’re not there sucking up, they’re inspecting me to feel good by just being themselves.

Ask your friends for compliments to feel good, but you shouldn’t have to, they should just make you feel good anyway. "

Again it depends. If you're having a really rubbish time and feeling as if you look like a bag of spanners or that you're not likeable your real friends will say something like "you don't look great today but you've been ill/fed up or whatever, normally you look great" or "you are likeable, I like you because you are funny kind etc".

Sometimes we need a boost. I don't think it's about asking for compliments but maybe it's asking for confirmation.

over a year ago

You just have to be prepared for the cunts who will sense your weakness and try to tear you down. Usually women, the occasional man.

over a year ago

"You just have to be prepared for the cunts who will sense your weakness and try to tear you down. Usually women, the occasional man."

Good, appropriate use of cunt there.

Sometimes no other word fits the bill.

over a year ago

"It depends.

Ask your friends for compliments to feel good, but you shouldn’t have to, they should just make you feel good anyway. "

We can hope they'd notice when a friend is feeling down but if that person hides behind a smile then they wouldn't know.

over a year ago

"In Budapest psychology you have useful vs not useful which is a better way to look at things rather than good vs bad or right value wrong.

"

What do you mean? I like the sound of this.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"We can hope they'd notice when a friend is feeling down but if that person hides behind a smile then they wouldn't know. "

Sometimes people are good at hiding their feelings and emotions. I feel down sometimes, but I don't convey it, I just keep myself to myself and when I'm ready, I'll come out of my shell

over a year ago

Not at all. It's a shame people can't just generally be kinder to each other in life. None of us know what the person stood beside us at any time may be battling through.

Some people love to knock others though as it makes them feel better about themselves, and that I find very sad indeed.

over a year ago

"Not at all. It's a shame people can't just generally be kinder to each other in life. None of us know what the person stood beside us at any time may be battling through.

Some people love to knock others though as it makes them feel better about themselves, and that I find very sad indeed."

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

According to all the haters who chastise the fab hunters, yes.

Post new Message to Thread