Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

FUMING!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why do people on here feel it’s okay to give out my Kik without my permission? Why are there so many assholes on this site!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ollyGWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

That's not on!!!

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Ooft.

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman
over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

Some guy did the same to me I had a right go and block him and the guy he gave it too.

It's unbelievable what some guys think is acceptable it's scary.

By *essandpatCouple
over a year ago

chester

Iv had that done to me before blocked him and the other guy on kik x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Propper dirty trick

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

THos is why I only use fab to communicate

May lose me a few meets because I’m a “fake” if I don’t talk through other means but I’m fine with that.

over a year ago

I had that done to me. A lass gave my kik to a load of gay and bi guys. Had a go at her and the block button got tired.

over a year ago

I guess some people are complete idiots with no respect for anyone but themselves

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Genuinely think I’m going to stop giving it out and do the same!

over a year ago

Shocking! One reason I won't communicate any other way than on the site (at least before knowing someone reasonably well)

over a year ago

what were they hoping to gain from doing that?

over a year ago

My former FWB did that to me after he posted an add on Cl written like I had written it, I got a Kik off a girl 21 who had replied and lived miles away for FF. I was livid, he couldn't get why I was angry and called me a nag. He was trying to get me new FWBs because he had met a gf and wanted to end our arrangement and didn,t have the balls to say XXX

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/03/18 17:16:09]

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Kik is for pic collectors and keyboard w*nkers anyway so I wouldn't worry about it lol x "

That’s a little unfair. I’d never used it before I came here. It’s a much easier, more convenient, more feature-filled way to communicate than the message system here.

over a year ago

I refuse to use kik because I think it encourages fantasists and timewasters who just want to wank over pictures

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Just block the pair of them no issue.

It's so easy to block on kik if you have any issue's at all, far better than giving out a mobile number.

We've found it brilliant for pre-meet group chat so everyone can see what's being said. Keeps everyone open and honest and gets them blocked if they try not to be.

It's not always so easy to open a fab profile and msg off that discrteetly when you are sitting in a public place waiting for a meet to turn up.

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"I refuse to use kik because I think it encourages fantasists and timewasters who just want to wank over pictures "

You realise that there’s no obligation to share pictures? And that you can get the measure of someone (shock horror) BEFORE you exchange usernames?

over a year ago

"I refuse to use kik because I think it encourages fantasists and timewasters who just want to wank over pictures "

sshhhhhhh we're not allowed to say that I just got told off for mentioning that kik is full of pic collectors lol x

over a year ago

I have no experience of kik myself but just the impression I have gained from those who do use it, could be wrong

over a year ago

"I have no experience of kik myself but just the impression I have gained from those who do use it, could be wrong"

I did have it and after chatting too and sending pics to lots of people only to realise there all just there to w*nk from behind a keyboard I deleted it.its for deamers and pic collectors that use the excuse it's easier to message there lol

I didn't realise you couldn't message here lol x

over a year ago

"I have no experience of kik myself but just the impression I have gained from those who do use it, could be wrong

I did have it and after chatting too and sending pics to lots of people only to realise there all just there to w*nk from behind a keyboard I deleted it.its for deamers and pic collectors that use the excuse it's easier to message there lol

I didn't realise you couldn't message here lol x "

I use it and not to pic collect or wank.

I find it alot faster to get replies and, the whole messaging dynamic on here feels a little old fashioned.

By *airyfatmanMan
over a year ago

by 'ere

"I have no experience of kik myself but just the impression I have gained from those who do use it, could be wrong"

It’s badically a messaging platform like WhatsApp but without having to give out mobile number, but it is easy to block someone on there and stop them harassing you. But some people are childish and will pass the username onto others to cause you grief (bit like the old posting someone else’s number in the loo with a “want a good time??” message attached) which is a bit childish. I use it, but just like here, I take things with a pinch (and sometimes a handful) of salt

over a year ago

I deleted the kik app people think non of your rules apply when your off fab ???

over a year ago

"I have no experience of kik myself but just the impression I have gained from those who do use it, could be wrong

I didn't realise you couldn't message here lol x

I use it and not to pic collect or wank.

I find it alot faster to get replies and, the whole messaging dynamic on here feels a little old fashioned. "

Ah but I'm old-fashioned so I like the messaging system here

By *ollyGWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Agree totally, have deleted all but two guys that I've known for ages!

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

It’s that thing where people are taking personal experience and extrapolating it out to make a judgement on the full thing.

If I were to do the same thing, I’d claim that kik is only used by people who use it to successfully arrange meets, as well as enjoy general chat with no exchange of pictures.

The truth is, of course, that people use it in all manner of ways, and some misuse it, but it would be wrong to dismiss it or make sweeping statements about those who use it.

over a year ago

I don't use any chat apps. People can message me on here and once I've met people in clubs and played then I might swap numbers xx

over a year ago

"Why do people on here feel it’s okay to give out my Kik without my permission? Why are there so many assholes on this site! "

It is not right at all.

If you know who it is report them on here.

Lots of fools unfortunately x

over a year ago

"It’s that thing where people are taking personal experience and extrapolating it out to make a judgement on the full thing.

If I were to do the same thing, I’d claim that kik is only used by people who use it to successfully arrange meets, as well as enjoy general chat with no exchange of pictures.

The truth is, of course, that people use it in all manner of ways, and some misuse it, but it would be wrong to dismiss it or make sweeping statements about those who use it."

99.9% do though

over a year ago

"I refuse to use kik because I think it encourages fantasists and timewasters who just want to wank over pictures

Agree totally, have deleted all but two guys that I've known for ages!"

All of the men barring one I have met, who asked to talk in Kik, wanted pics and sex talk. I have approximately 100 on my block list on 1 account and over 100 on another. That's 1 in 200 who actually wanted to meet.

over a year ago

"Kik is for pic collectors and keyboard w*nkers anyway so I wouldn't worry about it lol x

That’s a little unfair. I’d never used it before I came here. It’s a much easier, more convenient, more feature-filled way to communicate than the message system here."

Agree it is s an unfair assumption. We've used it in the past though and it was the same. Type in a message and click send. It saved us no time or effort at all. The features are useful if you want to send pics.

over a year ago

"It’s that thing where people are taking personal experience and extrapolating it out to make a judgement on the full thing.

The truth is, of course, that people use it in all manner of ways, and some misuse it, but it would be wrong to dismiss it or make sweeping statements about those who use it.

99.9% do though "

That's less than the amount of men I added who just wanted a wank. I rarely bother with Kik now. It's easier to say no thank you to the men who want to go straight to Kik and not give them the benefit of the doubt.

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

I use Kik in the same way as I use WhatsApp. To chat, have general conversation and occasionally share pics.

I prefer it to WhatsApp as I’m not particularly happy to give my number to people, although once I’ve chatted to someone I might.

I’ve never had any really issues, but that may be luck more than anything.

over a year ago

fabs done loads(for site supporters I suppose mainly), to not need such apps..

its easy to find messages from a person now

you can share pics direct from your mobile

I really fail to see why other apps are needed...

I also think giving out any form of off site info to someone you possible havent really chatted to much or met really does bring out the wankability

and those that have their kik addy on their profile page?.......sakes..

By *ayMyName123Man
over a year ago

Barnsley

"Why do people on here feel it’s okay to give out my Kik without my permission? Why are there so many assholes on this site! "
can’t believe I’ve not got you on Kik

over a year ago

((((( )))))

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/03/18 18:09:14]

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

How long had you known him before you gave him the kik number ?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Have you asked HIM why he passed it on ?

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"I really fail to see why other apps are needed..."
The messaging system is clunky. Adding pictures is clunky. If we’re being petty, the emojis are shite. I also need to be logged on to receive notification that I’ve received a message (unless I want to fill my email inbox - no thanks). Something like kik allows more natural chat the same way as apps like WhatsApp. It also means that I can use it more safely in public; I don’t really want ‘fabswingers’ on my phone if there’s any chance someone will glimpse the screen.

"I also think giving out any form of off site info to someone you possible havent really chatted to much or met really does bring out the wankability"
All you need to use kik is a username. You can’t get ANY information about someone from that username. It hardly qualifies as ‘sharing off site info’. You’re also making assumptions about /when/ people exchange kik usernames. How do you know how much chatting has been done?

Really, your whole response just reeks of commenting on something you have no knowledge or experience of.

over a year ago

I only got kik for easier chatting with folk from fab. But I kept getting added to random kik groups and then every perve on them would start sending me private kiks. I threw a wee strop in the end and deleted it. Mostly just stick to messaging through fab now, its a lot easier since they made the changes to the inbox and added direct mails

By *ollyGWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"I only got kik for easier chatting with folk from fab. But I kept getting added to random kik groups and then every perve on them would start sending me private kiks. I threw a wee strop in the end and deleted it. Mostly just stick to messaging through fab now, its a lot easier since they made the changes to the inbox and added direct mails "

Most guys just want to chat on there as it is easier but some just want dirty pics, that's life!

over a year ago

Kik is the biggest load of rubbish ever.You go on there & it's the same thing everyday.People begging for pics or vidoes or groups full of people that will never meet each other.

I was in a large kik group & not one of them would meet each other as they was 2 busy begging for pics & vids from everyone in there.

Kik is for people that actually get there kik from looking at pics.its a tottal waste of time.

over a year ago

"I really fail to see why other apps are needed...The messaging system is clunky. Adding pictures is clunky. If we’re being petty, the emojis are shite. I also need to be logged on to receive notification that I’ve received a message (unless I want to fill my email inbox - no thanks). Something like kik allows more natural chat the same way as apps like WhatsApp. It also means that I can use it more safely in public; I don’t really want ‘fabswingers’ on my phone if there’s any chance someone will glimpse the screen.

I also think giving out any form of off site info to someone you possible havent really chatted to much or met really does bring out the wankabilityAll you need to use kik is a username. You can’t get ANY information about someone from that username. It hardly qualifies as ‘sharing off site info’. You’re also making assumptions about /when/ people exchange kik usernames. How do you know how much chatting has been done?

Really, your whole response just reeks of commenting on something you have no knowledge or experience of."

my whole response is based on my 10 years of the site, from before it even went mobile. The facts are many many guys look for wank material, no intention of doing anything other.kik,snapchat,skype only made things worse..

yeah I've had kik....I know what it is..

Sounds like you're not just liking the fact that the vast majority that use it are doing it for cybersexual reasons.

over a year ago

I got rid of it. It served the same purpose to me as messaging here so I didnt see the point.

over a year ago

"Kik is the biggest load of rubbish ever.You go on there & it's the same thing everyday.People begging for pics or vidoes or groups full of people that will never meet each other.

I was in a large kik group & not one of them would meet each other as they was 2 busy begging for pics & vids from everyone in there.

Kik is for people that actually get there kik from looking at pics.its a tottal waste of time."

I was looking to get into a kik group. Is that what they are all Like?

over a year ago

"Kik is the biggest load of rubbish ever.You go on there & it's the same thing everyday.People begging for pics or vidoes or groups full of people that will never meet each other.

Kik is for people that actually get there kik from looking at pics.its a tottal waste of time.

I was looking to get into a kik group. Is that what they are all Like? "

The ones I've been in yes.I did ask in them if anyone had made plans 2 actually meet up & not one of them was actually serious about meeting each other they was 2 interested in asking for pics and vids.

over a year ago

and facetime means cock time

over a year ago

The ones I've been in yes.I did ask in them if anyone had made plans 2 actually meet up & not one of them was actually serious about meeting each other they was 2 interested in asking for pics and vids."

That seems a bit shit.

Why have cybersex when you can have real sex?

over a year ago

I'll have to add..I like using the chatrooms..for chat and a wank..

I've rarely ever asked nor needed to venture off the site..

but it is inundated by guys asking women/cpls to go offsite (some dont even have their cams on, no pics on profile,unverified etc etc)

over a year ago

The ones I've been in yes.I did ask in them if anyone had made plans 2 actually meet up & not one of them was actually serious about meeting each other they was 2 interested in asking for pics and vids.

That seems a bit shit.

Why have cybersex when you can have real sex? "

time,location...and enjoying mutual masturbation/voyeuring I guess lol

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I really fail to see why other apps are needed...The messaging system is clunky. Adding pictures is clunky. If we’re being petty, the emojis are shite. I also need to be logged on to receive notification that I’ve received a message (unless I want to fill my email inbox - no thanks). Something like kik allows more natural chat the same way as apps like WhatsApp. It also means that I can use it more safely in public; I don’t really want ‘fabswingers’ on my phone if there’s any chance someone will glimpse the screen.

I also think giving out any form of off site info to someone you possible havent really chatted to much or met really does bring out the wankabilityAll you need to use kik is a username. You can’t get ANY information about someone from that username. It hardly qualifies as ‘sharing off site info’. You’re also making assumptions about /when/ people exchange kik usernames. How do you know how much chatting has been done?

Really, your whole response just reeks of commenting on something you have no knowledge or experience of.

my whole response is based on my 10 years of the site, from before it even went mobile. The facts are many many guys look for wank material, no intention of doing anything other.kik,snapchat,skype only made things worse..

yeah I've had kik....I know what it is..

Sounds like you're not just liking the fact that the vast majority that use it are doing it for cybersexual reasons."

Fully agree with you .

When we first joined fab about seven years ago we would entertain kik as we were new and knew no better . We got sick and tired of requests for pics and so on and stopped using anything other than fab .

By *ubiousOatcakeMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"Kik is the biggest load of rubbish ever... Kik is for people that actually get there kik from looking at pics.its a tottal waste of time."
Christ this is getting repetitive. Stop thinking that your experience of it is everyone else’s experience of it.

"Sounds like you're not just liking the fact that the vast majority that use it are doing it for cybersexual reasons."
No. I have acknowledged that people do that. What I don’t like is the kind of ignorance on display here, that refuses to acknowledge that people use it in a legitimate way.

over a year ago

The reason i dont give nothin out til face to face its like my biggest fear

By *nnie2009Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

I would never use Kik or Skype

over a year ago

"Kik is the biggest load of rubbish ever... Kik is for people that actually get there kik from looking at pics.its a tottal waste of time.Christ this is getting repetitive. Stop thinking that your experience of it is everyone else’s experience of it.

Sounds like you're not just liking the fact that the vast majority that use it are doing it for cybersexual reasons.No. I have acknowledged that people do that. What I don’t like is the kind of ignorance on display here, that refuses to acknowledge that people use it in a legitimate way."

I've only said it is a vast majority, and that the site does provide good tools to not need kik. I tell women and couples I dont use these off site things..particularly when I'm not really needing these chattychattyflirtflirtness things. brief chats, organise meet. simple.

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

"I refuse to use kik because I think it encourages fantasists and timewasters who just want to wank over pictures

You realise that there’s no obligation to share pictures? And that you can get the measure of someone (shock horror) BEFORE you exchange usernames?"

Was thinking exactly the same

over a year ago

Kik is for people that actually get there kik from looking at pics.its a tottal waste of time."

It depends on how you use it. I keep up with friends on there. I'm not part of any groups. Just a select few that I enjoy speaking to regularly. I don't swap pictures. So you may see it like that, but that doesn't mean that everyone uses it for that reason.

Post new Message to Thread