Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dressed to impress

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I see the phase dress to impress banded about a lot.

Does this mean looking nice when you meet, ie. your best skinny jeans, heels and a blouse and lovely hair and makeup or does is specifically relate to bedroom attire, lingerie and sexy outfits?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lol I have no idea!!

over a year ago

I find shorts, long socks and baggy tshirt more sexy than lingerie myself so I guess the phrase is subjective

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"I see the phase dress to impress banded about a lot.

Does this mean looking nice when you meet, ie. your best skinny jeans, heels and a blouse and lovely hair and makeup or does is specifically relate to bedroom attire, lingerie and sexy outfits? "

I think it’s intended more for men. Scruffy lazy men more to the point who think scruffy jeans trainers and their best pulling shirt ( badly ironed) will suffice.

over a year ago

For women, I take it as they want a short skirt, stockings and heels, a plunging neckline and a face caked in make up.

No one will ever get that from me.

over a year ago

Does this mean looking nice when you meet, ie. your best skinny jeans, heels and a blouse and lovely hair and makeup or does is specifically relate to bedroom attire, lingerie and sexy outfits?

I think it’s intended more for men. Scruffy lazy men more to the point who think scruffy jeans trainers and their best pulling shirt ( badly ironed) will suffice. "

It's not. You may not read as many male profiles as us women, but it's in them as a requirement for a lady.

over a year ago

I think it’s intended more for men. Scruffy lazy men more to the point who think scruffy jeans trainers and their best pulling shirt ( badly ironed) will suffice. "

Yes because people should dress uncomfortably to make others feel better...

over a year ago

I often get asked are you going to dress to impress and I think yeah of course I’m not going to turn up looking a dog (this is also subjective!)

over a year ago

I think it’s intended more for men. Scruffy lazy men more to the point who think scruffy jeans trainers and their best pulling shirt ( badly ironed) will suffice.

It's not. You may not read as many male profiles as us women, but it's in them as a requirement for a lady. "

over a year ago

"For women, I take it as they want a short skirt, stockings and heels, a plunging neckline and a face caked in make up.

No one will ever get that from me. "

Never show legs and cleavage, one or the other is the best way eh?

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

As a guy i always try and make an effort, nice jeans, shirt and shoes or boots,i think not only does it show you have respect for yourself but i believe it shows respect to the person or persons you are meeting that they have taken there time up to meet me therefore i should also make an effort,... thats me anyway

over a year ago

"I find shorts, long socks and baggy tshirt more sexy than lingerie myself so I guess the phrase is subjective "

This is what I’m trying to figure out though, is that your idea of what the phrase means as clearly a woman isn’t going to meet you in a pub dressed like that. Well unless she’s into roller derby or the like

over a year ago

Yes because people should dress uncomfortably to make others feel better..."

Some men look fine (and sexy) in scruffy jeans and t-shirt; some look unwashed and grim.

over a year ago

"For women, I take it as they want a short skirt, stockings and heels, a plunging neckline and a face caked in make up.

Never show legs and cleavage, one or the other is the best way eh? "

I rarely show my legs. They are vampire legs and hate the sun

over a year ago

I think dress appropriate for the occasion

over a year ago

"Scruffy lazy men more to the point who think scruffy jeans trainers and their best pulling shirt ( badly ironed) will suffice.

Yes because people should dress uncomfortably to make others feel better..."

Cos stilettos, suspender belts, basques and corsets are well known for their comfort...lol.

over a year ago

"Scruffy lazy men more to the point who think scruffy jeans trainers and their best pulling shirt ( badly ironed) will suffice.

Cos stilettos, suspender belts, basques and corsets are well known for their comfort...lol."

And you're FORCED to wear them...I know such a pain...

over a year ago

"I find shorts, long socks and baggy tshirt more sexy than lingerie myself so I guess the phrase is subjective

This is what I’m trying to figure out though, is that your idea of what the phrase means as clearly a woman isn’t going to meet you in a pub dressed like that. Well unless she’s into roller derby or the like "

I prefer for her to wear something comfortable, I'm not her stylist.

over a year ago

I’ve actually never heard/seen a woman say it in relation to a man’s attire but obviously if they say it too it’s not specific to lingerie

over a year ago

nor me I dress the way I like to

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

I like a lady to look good. Obviously. What defines whether a lady looks good to me is a very wide spectrum. If she wants to wear heels and the full lingerie malarky underneath a sexy dress I am not going to complain. If she turns up in a pair of jeans I am still going to grab her bum with permission lol.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

I stick clean duds on if she asks it's no biggie

over a year ago

So I take it there is no specific meaning for it, obviously I understand everyone’s tastes are different I just wondered if it meant dressing nice for a “date” or the sexy kind you’d only do in private (regardless of what you personally find sexy). Is it just subjective, whatever the person is actual referring to? Next time I’ll ask what is your idea of this?

over a year ago

im always showered and shaved and dress smartly ,,

over a year ago

Cos stilettos, suspender belts, basques and corsets are well known for their comfort...lol.

And you're FORCED to wear them...I know such a pain..."

You should see the look of disappointment on the faces of men when I walk up to them wearing trousers, flat shoes and a thick winter coat.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

For me it would depend on the venue and occasion, but i would always try to look good on the outside. And to wear nice knickers in the hope that events progressed to that point...

over a year ago

And you're FORCED to wear them...I know such a pain...

You should see the look of disappointment on the faces of men when I walk up to them wearing trousers, flat shoes and a thick winter coat."

Haha! Exactly.

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

You could turn up in a suit of armour. Can't deny that's impressive! Jousting anyone?

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"You could turn up in a suit of armour. Can't deny that's impressive! Jousting anyone?"

Kinky bitch

over a year ago

I dress for myself, if it pleases the other person then that’s a bonus x

over a year ago

"I dress for myself, if it pleases the other person then that’s a bonus x "

I’d agree, I think most would, but it’s just the actually phrase I was wondering if it had a specific definition ie. bedroom wear or clothes in general

over a year ago

I always dress very smartly and smell like a million dollars

over a year ago

Does this mean looking nice when you meet, ie. your best skinny jeans, heels and a blouse and lovely hair and makeup or does is specifically relate to bedroom attire, lingerie and sexy outfits? "

I always took it to mean for women to wear sussies and heels with sexy lingerie under their short skirt and plunging neckline blouse....

I have only ever met one man who dressed to impress me as I do like to see a man in a suit.... but he looked even better out of it

over a year ago

I always took it to mean for women to wear sussies and heels with sexy lingerie under their short skirt and plunging neckline blouse....

I have only ever met one man who dressed to impress me as I do like to see a man in a suit.... but he looked even better out of it "

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If a guy told me to dress to impress I'd tell him to fuck off!! I go off someone instantly if they ask me what I'm wearing/going to wear.

over a year ago

You forgot the all-over fake tan and fake nails.

No one will be getting any of them from me either.

over a year ago

"If a guy told me to dress to impress I'd tell him to fuck off!! I go off someone instantly if they ask me what I'm wearing/going to wear. "

Same although I think this is more about advance wank fodder than an expectation.

over a year ago

"If a guy told me to dress to impress I'd tell him to fuck off!! I go off someone instantly if they ask me what I'm wearing/going to wear.

Same although I think this is more about advance wank fodder than an expectation."

I’m the same too, really annoys me when they ask especially when I’m in work. I deliberately tell them exactly, like cardigan, trousers and slippers and you always get what’s underneath. All I can say to that is I wish there was a two fingers up emoji

over a year ago

"If a guy told me to dress to impress I'd tell him to fuck off!! I go off someone instantly if they ask me what I'm wearing/going to wear. "

Snap....especially as most mens idea of dressing up is tatty t shirt and ripped jeans...

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

Absolutely!!!

All I do and expect from others is be clean.

over a year ago

"If a guy told me to dress to impress I'd tell him to fuck off!! I go off someone instantly if they ask me what I'm wearing/going to wear.

Snap....especially as most mens idea of dressing up is tatty t shirt and ripped jeans... "

What a point!! Never thought that. I take hours to make sure I’m looking as good as possible and what do men do?! I’ve never had anyone turn up really smart, nobody terrible either but always just jeans and a t-shirt, yet many have requested me to wear certain things ie. skirt. I always wear what I want to if they’re not happy then tough!

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Snap....especially as most mens idea of dressing up is tatty t shirt and ripped jeans... "

But they was clean on that morning

over a year ago

Snap....especially as most mens idea of dressing up is tatty t shirt and ripped jeans...

But they was clean on that morning "

talk to the hand lol

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

talk to the hand lol"

What you can't think of out else better to do with it.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"So I take it there is no specific meaning for it, obviously I understand everyone’s tastes are different I just wondered if it meant dressing nice for a “date” or the sexy kind you’d only do in private (regardless of what you personally find sexy). Is it just subjective, whatever the person is actual referring to? Next time I’ll ask what is your idea of this? "

I guess different people have different definitions, but for us it means lingerie for her and nicely dressed and spruced up for him.

It's all part of the fun and excitement for us.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"I always dress very smartly and smell like a million dollars "

You've obviously never had a whiff of a million dollars that have been rattling around rednecks pockets

over a year ago

T shirt

Slim fit jeans (not quite skinny jeans)

Vans trainers or boots

Decent watch

Job done

I don’t ever dress smart I.e shirt and trousers unless it’s for a wedding etc

By *iL77Woman
over a year ago

Torquay

Guess it depends on the situation or where your meeting

Social drink smart casual, hint of tart (cleavage or leg, never both) hair done etc

If it's a fuck n go at mine then it's full on lingerie

Fuck n go elsewhere smart casual with the works underneath

Does depend on the meet I guess

over a year ago

"T shirt

Vans trainers or boots

Decent watch

Job done

I don’t ever dress smart I.e shirt and trousers unless it’s for a wedding etc "

Didn’t have much on when I saw you

over a year ago

"T shirt

Vans trainers or boots

Decent watch

Job done

I don’t ever dress smart I.e shirt and trousers unless it’s for a wedding etc

Didn’t have much on when I saw you "

Wrong emoji sorry!!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

If someone said to me dress to impress id just press the block button

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

"You could turn up in a suit of armour. Can't deny that's impressive! Jousting anyone?

Kinky bitch "

Hehe have your tin opener handy!

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"If someone said to me dress to impress id just press the block button"

Not even a cat sout

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Depends where you're meeting I guess. The latter wouldn't go down too well in Costa

over a year ago

"If someone said to me dress to impress id just press the block button"

This

over a year ago

talk to the hand lol

What you can't think of out else better to do with it. "

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"You could turn up in a suit of armour. Can't deny that's impressive! Jousting anyone?

Kinky bitch

Hehe have your tin opener handy!"

Sod that take way to long. I'll bring a grinder

over a year ago

Nor me, that’s not my style.

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Not necessarily, a long dress can be sexy and less make up can be attractive.

over a year ago

Not necessarily, a long dress can be sexy and less make up can be attractive. "

A nice top with boots n leggings is what i wear.. with or without knickers

over a year ago

I have a quirky style and will not change that for anyone. I turn up as ‘me’ and always will do. I’m not into little dresses with stockings and heels when I go out. In the bedroom is a different story.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

I dont think your definition applies to the chaps........

over a year ago

I quite often get ask when going on a meet, “are you going to be dressed to impress”. I usually don’t answer but think I bloody hope so, I’m not exactly going to turn up in my pjs !!

Post new Message to Thread