Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Putting your twist on things

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thinking of the Easter holidays and bored of making the same meals for the kids.

They don't like spicy, but like veg and meaty dishes.

Have you got any recipes which you've adapted for the kids?

What's their favourite, guaranteed to clear the plate meals?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don’t have kids but have nieces and nephews, they are quite fussy eaters but love coming to auntie dees to make there own pizzas. The excitement on there faces once they’ve created and cooked them, and they polish them all off knowing it was their creation, the mess after is crazy but worth it just to see them happy!

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I love making mini burgers fresh the grand kids love helping out getting all messy and thinking they are giants when they eat them

over a year ago

"I love making mini burgers fresh the grand kids love helping out getting all messy and thinking they are giants when they eat them "

Great idea! But we did try making homemade burgers once and they fell apart when cooking we did bind them with egg...may try again though

over a year ago

Really simple stuff in the slow cooker, kids love beef mince with onions and gravy and loads of buttery mashed potatoes.

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

I don't have any kids. Wish i did thoe.

But going from work in schools most kids seem to love a mac and cheese with bacon.

That dish allways gets eaton clean out.

over a year ago

Dice some chicken breasts and put them in a bowl, squeeze a whole fresh lemon into the bowl with some crushed garlic, mix and leave over night.

Next day put the chicken on some skewers with chucks of onion and peppers and some quartered tomato’s.

Put skewers under the grill until cooked (rotate them every now and again) or put them on a BBQ

Tasty, easy and healthy

over a year ago

"Really simple stuff in the slow cooker, kids love beef mince with onions and gravy and loads of buttery mashed potatoes. "

Most meals are done in the slow cooker, couldn't imagine life without it! And yes the mince dishes are always a winner

over a year ago

"I don't have any kids. Wish i did thoe.

But going from work in schools most kids seem to love a mac and cheese with bacon.

That dish allways gets eaton clean out. "

Can't beat homemade mac n cheese. Thanks _eeside, this is one I haven't made for a while x

over a year ago

"Dice some chicken breasts and put them in a bowl, squeeze a whole fresh lemon into the bowl with some crushed garlic, mix and leave over night.

Next day put the chicken on some skewers with chucks of onion and peppers and some quartered tomato’s.

Put skewers under the grill until cooked (rotate them every now and again) or put them on a BBQ

Tasty, easy and healthy "

Oooo sounds yummy another recipe on my to do list!

Recipes coming in thick and fast now. Thanks fabulous people x

Post new Message to Thread