Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The term 'Chocolate Men'.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've seen the term ,Chocolate Men' on a few lady's and couples profiles. Is this term a little demeaning? I think if I was a black guy I'd be offended by it. Not sure how other folks view it though?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It is demeaning

Some people play upto it and some people hate it

over a year ago

Ive seen some black men with names like chocolate delight so who's to say whether its demeaning or not

over a year ago

"I've seen the term ,Chocolate Men' on a few lady's and couples profiles. Is this term a little demeaning? I think if I was a black guy I'd be offended by it. Not sure how other folks view it though?"

But you're not black... and I love chocolate!!.those who are offended by the term wouldn't message in the first place

over a year ago

Was thinking about nutella spread on a man and licked off .

over a year ago

"Was thinking about nutella spread on a man and licked off . "

I’m now thinking of spreading Nutella over your avatar and licking it off

over a year ago

Oddly enough when I was about 10 my cousins and I were playing truth or dare or something similar with dares involved I had to cover myself in chocolate spread then go out of the caravan we were staying in and sing

“I am the chocolate man I come from chocolate lane”

The problem is me being a naive child did it and then got locked out of the caravan while stark naked covered in chocolate spread from head to toe

Ads

over a year ago

"Was thinking about nutella spread on a man and licked off .

I’m now thinking of spreading Nutella over your avatar and licking it off "

Mmmmm

over a year ago

I'm off to tesco...it's on offer

over a year ago

"It is demeaning

Some people play upto it and some people hate it"

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I'm not black but i absolutely hate that term.

over a year ago

What about white chocolate?

over a year ago

"What about white chocolate?"

Glorious stuff

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

Some like it. Some don't. Same with the term BBC. Each to their own.

I personally wouldn't refer to my fb as either of those though

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

This reminds me of my bro when he was a toddler in the local post office and it was is first time really seeing a black gentleman and he’s shouted it at top of his little voice “look mummy it’s a chocolate man can. I eat him?” Safe to say my mum was mortified and wanted the world to swallow her, the gent was really lovely about it though, bought us all a chocolate bar and said “here have the real thing it’s tastes much nicer than I do ”

over a year ago

I’m offended on someone else’s behalf!

over a year ago

I'm covered in nutella

By *LUKCouple
over a year ago

Loughborough

I'm not black therefore I won't speak for black people. If they offended then I trust their judgement and will back it up 100%.

Too many people are getting offended on other people's behalf these days, I would say leave this one to the black guys to judge.

By *sylockeWoman
over a year ago

East Anglia

I find it utterly offensive

over a year ago

"Was thinking about nutella spread on a man and licked off .

I’m now thinking of spreading Nutella over your avatar and licking it off "

Mmmm yes please

over a year ago

"I'm not black therefore I won't speak for black people. If they offended then I trust their judgement and will back it up 100%.

Too many people are getting offended on other people's behalf these days, I would say leave this one to the black guys to judge. "

It's a shame not everyone shares your sentiment

I just asked a guy not to call me chocolate only to met with the response "Why not, it isn't offensive"

over a year ago

"I'm not black therefore I won't speak for black people. If they offended then I trust their judgement and will back it up 100%.

Too many people are getting offended on other people's behalf these days, I would say leave this one to the black guys to judge. "

This!

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"I've seen the term ,Chocolate Men' on a few lady's and couples profiles. Is this term a little demeaning? I think if I was a black guy I'd be offended by it. Not sure how other folks view it though?"

Anyone using chocolate in reference to black people should be banned from this site...

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

Every black man I know loathes it and BBC.

They'd rather be considered for who they are than fetishised.

over a year ago

Too many people are getting offended on other people's behalf these days, I would say leave this one to the black guys to judge.

It's a shame not everyone shares your sentiment

I just asked a guy not to call me chocolate only to met with the response "Why not, it isn't offensive" "

Urgh, so much eye rolling at this!

over a year ago

"I've seen the term ,Chocolate Men' on a few lady's and couples profiles. Is this term a little demeaning? I think if I was a black guy I'd be offended by it. Not sure how other folks view it though?

Anyone using chocolate in reference to black people should be banned from this site... "

I'm not being cheeky but your user name is milk tre, is that not a play on milk tray?

over a year ago

"Every black man I know loathes it and BBC.

They'd rather be considered for who they are than fetishised."

Same here, so quite strange that so many black guys use those terms n here

over a year ago

"It is demeaning

Some people play upto it and some people hate it"

We agree

over a year ago

Same here, so quite strange that so many black guys use those terms n here "

I suppose it’s not too dissimilar to ‘BBW’. I personally hate the term, it makes me feel fetishised. However, others love it... it makes them feel empowered.

over a year ago

"I've seen the term ,Chocolate Men' on a few lady's and couples profiles. Is this term a little demeaning? I think if I was a black guy I'd be offended by it. Not sure how other folks view it though?

Anyone using chocolate in reference to black people should be banned from this site...

I'm not being cheeky but your user name is milk tre, is that not a play on milk tray? "

"All because the lady loves Milk Tray

You might be a little young remember the milk tray ads from the 80s

The milk tray man was cool as fuck

over a year ago

They'd rather be considered for who they are than fetishised."

over a year ago

Anyone using chocolate in reference to black people should be banned from this site... "

A tiny bit melodramatic lol

over a year ago

Does milk chocolate count as a chocolate man?

over a year ago

I'm not being cheeky but your user name is milk tre, is that not a play on milk tray?

"All because the lady loves Milk Tray

You might be a little young remember the milk tray ads from the 80s

The milk tray man was cool as fuck"

I googled the guy just there haha but my point is if a woman sees the user name she might think he's ok with chocolate references which he isn't.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

A tiny bit melodramatic lol "

His tongue is firmly wedged in his cheek for sure

Personally I'm not a fan and do feel a sense of offence when referred to as such. Oversensitive? Maybe, but the chord definitely is struck.

Him

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

I'm not being cheeky but your user name is milk tre, is that not a play on milk tray? "

Hi there! You must be new here...

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Was the milky bar kid offended?....or his parents ??

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Was the milky bar kid offended?....or his parents ??

"

No, but he was strong and tough

By *lackfunderMan
over a year ago

Trafford

Hi there! You must be new here... "

Hahaha yeah racial role play is a thing. I have played the slave fucking the masters wife before real talk to. She got a was really turned when racial derogatory terms and names was getting said. He was chilling taking pictures and stuff I was a bit younger probably would be a touch sceptical now but hey your only 20 for ten years

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Yet your username could be seen as a play on a box of chocolates: milk tray!

Personally, I'm sick to the back teeth of white people being offended on my behalf: yes I said it!!! More problems created by the offended for us to deal with. We have enough crosses to bear thanks.

There are black people with user names playing to their skin colour, not something I'd do, but their choice.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Same here, so quite strange that so many black guys use those terms n here "

Could it be they like it? Like some big women use bbw? Highlighting my size/colour isn't how I role but my way of playing isn't the only way.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I think this is very subjective issuse. Like using the term BBW. To some demeaning to others an expression of their genes and heritage that they wish to promote or seek. I see very few desires/preferences as wrong per se. We all have different preferences should it size, age, smoker or race. No one should be slammed on a site like this for preference or terminology. If we want a liberated free and open playground? We may not all agree on what is appropriate or what terminogoly we like but we should all be able to coexist on FAB and be who we are and how we feel.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Hate this thing where people are saying 'people arent allowed to be offended on other's behalf'. Fuck that. I'm a member of society and if I don't agree with it, I'll say so.

And I'm not a sjw. I think most of them are morons. But chocolate men is a horrible term.

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I dont like any of these terms, chocolate men, bbc, bbw, hotwife, milf.... all make me quietly cringe. If somebody chooses to use a term to describe themself thats their business, others applying the label need to be sure it will be well received by the recipient.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

I bet the milky bar kid would agree with you ....

He wore glasses ....ginger /blonde....but he has turned out to be a well adjusted person

.....chill people chill ...

over a year ago

over a year ago

Why does someone get offended when using colour to describe skin tone but not the same offence when describing eye or hair colour?

Will anyone bat an eyelid if someone says chocolate brown hair or eyes? I think not. So why offended if it used to describe skin colour?

Post new Message to Thread