Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Am I being too sensitive?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My boobs are very scarred, mis shapen and wonky from years of treatment and surgeries linked to breast cancer. They feel different and look different from most boobs and I hate them.

I'm very open about this and tend to keep my boobs under wraps with anyone but J.

But it really annoys me when people tell me they look great. Any pics of my boobs on here don't really show the extent of my scars and damage to them. It almost feels like they're telling me not to be silly.

I'm shit at taking compliments anyway, but all others I appreciate, when it comes to my boobs and I get the "well they look good to me" it just seems to make me a bit angry and I find myself telling them they're wrong and that they're a mess.

Am I being too sensitive? Should I learn to accept the compliments?

Or is it a normal reaction? Do you find it hard to accept compliments about certain body parts you hate?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Just be happy with yourself. Don’t listen to those with negative comments. They only try bring you down. We all have things we don’t like but we have to live with them.

Your obviously strong and been through a lot so bugger them all and enjoy life. Remember your you and your real. X

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You should learn to take the compliments, your boobs are a testament to your conquered battles....

Be proud, stand tall.

You are beautiful,

over a year ago

"Just be happy with yourself. Don’t listen to those with negative comments. They only try bring you down. We all have things we don’t like but we have to live with them.

Your obviously strong and been through a lot so bugger them all and enjoy life. Remember your you and your real. X"

I've never had any negative comments from people I've met (only keyboard warriors online, which I do ignore). It doesn't bother me day to day anymore, I just get on with it

over a year ago

"You should learn to take the compliments, your boobs are a testament to your conquered battles....

Be proud, stand tall.

You are beautiful, "

Thank you

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Your boobs are a part of who you are, and what you have gone through. What you have survived.

It would be easy to say 'accept me as I am' to someone else, but I suspect you need to learn to love and accept your altered body yourself first..

Hugs xx

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

No you're not being too sensitive it sound's like you've been through a hell of a lot,but people will look at you differently to how you see yourself. It will be hard,but try and believe someone when they say they like them especially if they have seen them in the flesh.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

I don't think you are being too sensitive. It's a very personal and private matter to you however you do need to bear in mind that the guts complimenting you are doing so only on what you choose to share with them via your pics.

You share your best pics of them as we all do.

It's a long journey for you and I think perhaps you need to learn to live your scars etc. They are part of who you are and tell your story of survival after all.

over a year ago

"Your boobs are a part of who you are, and what you have gone through. What you have survived.

It would be easy to say 'accept me as I am' to someone else, but I suspect you need to learn to love and accept your altered body yourself first..

Hugs xx"

Thank you

over a year ago

Not sure I'll ever love my boobs tbh but I'm 10x less bothered by them than I was!

over a year ago

I understand what you mean 100%

When I'm being down on myself last thing I want to hear is "well you look fine to me"

It's almost as if people think that their opinion on your is more important than your opinion of yourself.

You're not being over sensitive at all but at the same time you should understand that other people will obviously see you differently to how you see yourself and try to accept the compliment as it's meant

over a year ago

Also dealing with/surviving breast cancer is a big deal, You should be proud of that

By *09309309Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

I can understand your feelings. When people look at your breasts, they just see breasts. When you see them you can look at each mark and scar and know what it means, how it felt, the struggle that you endured. It's hard. It is a constant reminder in some ways. Instead of trying to get them to see why you don't like that part of your body, maybe you could try to see what others see when they look at you. Listen to the compliments and try really hard to believe them. You've been through a lot, be kind to yourself xx

over a year ago

I don’t think you are being too sensitive. I’ve got parts of my body I hate and I’m covered in scars. Like you, I’m secure with MrH but as he knows I’m very selective about what I share in photos on here.

You are beautiful, well done on beating it and being strong! X

over a year ago

"I understand what you mean 100%

When I'm being down on myself last thing I want to hear is "well you look fine to me"

It's almost as if people think that their opinion on your is more important than your opinion of yourself.

You're not being over sensitive at all but at the same time you should understand that other people will obviously see you differently to how you see yourself and try to accept the compliment as it's meant "

That's exactly it!

I'm definitely not as bad as I was lol thank you hun

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

You’re a ghost, trapped inside a skeleton, driving a meat wagon.

So long as the ghost is happy and the meat wagon still drives well I don’t think anyone will mention the fact it’s clipped a wall.

(That’s what I tell myself about my stretch marks and burns anyway!!)

Chin up. You’re HAWT! Scars and all xx

over a year ago

"You’re a ghost, trapped inside a skeleton, driving a meat wagon.

So long as the ghost is happy and the meat wagon still drives well I don’t think anyone will mention the fact it’s clipped a wall.

Chin up. You’re HAWT! Scars and all xx"

Love this!

Thank you beaut

over a year ago

The very same people looking at you, carry their very own insecurities?

Not being exactly the way you want to appear isn't a restriction on feeling happy or having fun.

over a year ago

" The very same people looking at you, carry their very own insecurities?

Not being exactly the way you want to appear isn't a restriction on feeling happy or having fun."

Of course everyone has their insecurities. I don't like most of my body...but my boobs is the only area I have these feelings about. Any other compliments I accept and appreciate as gracefully as I can.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"My boobs are very scarred, mis shapen and wonky from years of treatment and surgeries linked to breast cancer. They feel different and look different from most boobs and I hate them.

I'm very open about this and tend to keep my boobs under wraps with anyone but J.

But it really annoys me when people tell me they look great. Any pics of my boobs on here don't really show the extent of my scars and damage to them. It almost feels like they're telling me not to be silly.

I'm shit at taking compliments anyway, but all others I appreciate, when it comes to my boobs and I get the "well they look good to me" it just seems to make me a bit angry and I find myself telling them they're wrong and that they're a mess.

Or is it a normal reaction? Do you find it hard to accept compliments about certain body parts you hate? "

Well I still wanna kiss em my little Strumpet xx

over a year ago

The way I think of it, everyone has their own idea of What is beautiful. It is a little bit disrespectful to choose to disbelieve when someone expresses an appreciation for something. I decided if people are weird enough to like certain bits of me that I don't, I would just be pleased they don't have the same point of view as me and take the win. Even if I don't agree with them.

That is not to say how you feel is less valid, it's just how I started thinking to be able to take compliments.

over a year ago

"My boobs are very scarred, mis shapen and wonky from years of treatment and surgeries linked to breast cancer. They feel different and look different from most boobs and I hate them.

Or is it a normal reaction? Do you find it hard to accept compliments about certain body parts you hate? Well I still wanna kiss em my little Strumpet xx"

I had a moment of wondering who the fuck you were then

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's a perfectly normal reaction to something you lack confidence about.

Try not to take it out on others. It's you who doesn't like your boobs. Once you accept yourself for who you are - the need to beat up others who compliment you will fade xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/03/18 09:47:37]

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Or is it a normal reaction? Do you find it hard to accept compliments about certain body parts you hate? Well I still wanna kiss em my little Strumpet xx

I had a moment of wondering who the fuck you were then "

I know . I wanted to change my username and now im not happy with it. Sorry

over a year ago

"It's a perfectly normal reaction to something you lack confidence about.

Try not to take it out on others. It's you who doesn't like your boobs. Once you accept yourself for who you are - the need to beat up others who compliment you will fade xx

"

I don't take it out on anyone. I generally explain that they're not so great but thanks anyway.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

P.S. I do NOT think you are being over sensitive by not showing them.

That's not what I meant.

Keep em under wraps if you like.

To be honest, I find being touched through underwear more arousing than being 'attacked' when i'm naked.

Wear what you want.

over a year ago

Or is it a normal reaction? Do you find it hard to accept compliments about certain body parts you hate? Well I still wanna kiss em my little Strumpet xx

I had a moment of wondering who the fuck you were then I know . I wanted to change my username and now im not happy with it. Sorry "

Lol don't be sorry

over a year ago

"

This nails it. You have to accept yourself OP, we are always our own harshest critics and the appearance of your breasts is probably also a painful reminder for you of a difficult period.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I don't take it out on anyone. I generally explain that they're not so great but thanks anyway.

"

Okies..... I read O.P.'s very carefully. Your's spoke of anger etc ... x ergo my response.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I had a moment of wondering who the fuck you were then I know . I wanted to change my username and now im not happy with it. Sorry

Lol don't be sorry "

Lol cheers xx

over a year ago

Okies..... I read O.P.'s very carefully. Your's spoke of anger etc ... x ergo my response."

I don't get angry with those who are complimenting me, it's more an internal thing. I wouldn't ever be mean to someone who's being nice, even if I disagree or feel uncomfortable

over a year ago

Or is it a normal reaction? Do you find it hard to accept compliments about certain body parts you hate? "

Hi Lou,

Definitely not being too sensitive...I used to be really worried over having had a ball removed due to testicular cancer but as time has gone on I've realised that its part of who and what I am...I'm not perfect...I'm a bit overweight I can be a little sarky or a bit miserable sometimes mostly I'm a nice happy normal person but overall I'm a survivor...just as I bet you are. Be proud of your scars they are a testament to who you are and what you've gone through to be who and what you are. Tony xx

over a year ago

What I’ve learnt about men is that they love boobs. No matter what size, shape or firmness. I truly believe that when they say “they look great to me”, that they really do mean it.

By *ookingforlustMan
over a year ago

northants

I guess some people who don’t know what it’s like to have been on your journey will compliment you because it’s a nice reassuring thing to do. Others who do know will compliment you because they have nothing for admiration and respect for you.

You’re a warrior that fought a battle and won. You should stand tall and be proud of yourself. Embrace their kind words, then fuck them within an inch of their lives

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think we believe what what other people say to us about our bodies if it coincides with how we feel about ourselves. Therefore we have a hard time believing what people say about certain parts of us if we feel bad about that particular bit.

Its human nature (especially for a guy who's hoping to get sex )to respond to a negative comment from a person about themselves with "they/it looks great to me". They might actually be telling the truth. That doesn't mean they think your breasts are the best they've ever seen it just genuinely means that to them they do look great.

Taking your past experiences into account it's hardly surprising you feel the way you do about your breasts but the people seeing your pictures won't immediately understand that.

My opinion is that you should take the compliments at face value

over a year ago

I absolutely hate it when anyone compliments me. I hate most of my face lol, when someone says I’m beautiful I do get a bit, not angry but close to it because I know I’m not, my nose has a bump in it, my teeth are wonky, my eyes are two different sizes... you get the drift. I’m trying to take them now and simply say ‘thank you’ but it’s bloody hard work not to scream back all my flaws!!

I’ve not seen your boobs so couldn’t comment on them but the rest of you is bloody yummy.

Geeky x

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Just goes to show how different we all are. I recovered from surgery. My body is covered with scars from various biopsies. Black skin scars easily and keloids form.

My medication has caused me to put on the weight I fought hard to lose...but you know what each day I spend with my loved ones in my saggy, scarred body is a blessing.

Honestly, thinking about what you have and what your scars represent are you really going to get angry by compliments by horny men on a sex site?!! Really?!!

over a year ago

I was unable to reply privately ...

My opinion / response to your question ....

The Japanese repair cracked parts with gold - so we can see the beauty in what has been through. Perhaps look up cracked Japanese pots with gold.

We see ourselves as whole if you like .... then parts are destroyed, altered, cracked, scared and worn - to come through that is to be filled with gold so precious.

Some see beauty in that ..... at this stage perhaps you don’t see physical beauty as you understand it .... doesn’t mean others don’t see physical beauty. We all see beauty differently just like the Japanese.

If someone compliments you - accept their gift please don’t reject their gift as it fills your pot with even more gold.

Xx

over a year ago

"You should learn to take the compliments, your boobs are a testament to your conquered battles....

Be proud, stand tall.

You are beautiful, "

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I was unable to reply privately ...

The Japanese repair cracked parts with gold - so we can see the beauty in what has been through. Perhaps look up cracked Japanese pots with gold.

We see ourselves as whole if you like .... then parts are destroyed, altered, cracked, scared and worn - to come through that is to be filled with gold so precious.

Some see beauty in that ..... at this stage perhaps you don’t see physical beauty as you understand it .... doesn’t mean others don’t see physical beauty. We all see beauty differently just like the Japanese.

If someone compliments you - accept their gift please don’t reject their gift as it fills your pot with even more gold.

Xx "

This is lovely. I feel we should all buy some gold paint now and paint our scars. Start a new movement xx

over a year ago

Xx

This is lovely. I feel we should all buy some gold paint now and paint our scars. Start a new movement xx"

Actually I like that - yes it is a grand idea... can I pinch it ....

over a year ago

I have huge scars that I used to hate and there is no hiding mine .... I embrace them now and for many years didn’t .... they saved my life and that’s how I adjusted to them originally ..

I changed my thinking many years ago and came across the Japanese view which I adopted....

I’m looking to do a charity even later this year .... and was looking at my hubby’s suicide - supporting that area however perhaps I can combine the two .... internal and external scars painted gold ..... a lovely tribute to an alternative view on scars

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Xx

This is lovely. I feel we should all buy some gold paint now and paint our scars. Start a new movement xx

Actually I like that - yes it is a grand idea... can I pinch it .... "

We should all do it. Xx

over a year ago

You're a survivor and still look awesome. So don't panic. Not all guys are dicks x

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

I don't take compliments well. I wonder what the other person is after. Despite that I like to throw compliments around. I hope people take them in good faith. Tricky one.

over a year ago

"I don't take compliments well. I wonder what the other person is after. Despite that I like to throw compliments around. I hope people take them in good faith. Tricky one."

If we see a lovely sunset we often make a comment to another on its beauty to us ...... if we feel another’s pain we sometimes shed a tear or give a smile or hug to comfort another...... in giving a compliment we are giving a gift or a recognition of something ...... please take the compliment graciously and put it in your treasure chest next to your heart to fuel it when ever it’s low ......

over a year ago

Actually I like that - yes it is a grand idea... can I pinch it .... "

We should all do it

AGREED

XX

over a year ago

Or is it a normal reaction? Do you find it hard to accept compliments about certain body parts you hate?

Just goes to show how different we all are. I recovered from surgery. My body is covered with scars from various biopsies. Black skin scars easily and keloids form.

My medication has caused me to put on the weight I fought hard to lose...but you know what each day I spend with my loved ones in my saggy, scarred body is a blessing.

Honestly, thinking about what you have and what your scars represent are you really going to get angry by compliments by horny men on a sex site?!! Really?!!"

Angry was perhaps too strong a word.

We all deal with things in different ways, don't we.

I'm extremely glad to still be here and I don't take that for granted but I can't help how I feel. Sorry if that offends you.

over a year ago

Thank you all

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"I don't take compliments well. I wonder what the other person is after. Despite that I like to throw compliments around. I hope people take them in good faith. Tricky one.

If we see a lovely sunset we often make a comment to another on its beauty to us ...... if we feel another’s pain we sometimes shed a tear or give a smile or hug to comfort another...... in giving a compliment we are giving a gift or a recognition of something ...... please take the compliment graciously and put it in your treasure chest next to your heart to fuel it when ever it’s low ......

"

Wow!

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Honestly, thinking about what you have and what your scars represent are you really going to get angry by compliments by horny men on a sex site?!! Really?!!

I'm extremely glad to still be here and I don't take that for granted but I can't help how I feel. Sorry if that offends you."

It doesn't offend me at all: as I said, we're all different. I tend to be thankful for what I have, not what I don't.

I'm sorry if my opinion to your thread on an open forum wasn't in line with what you wanted to hear.

over a year ago

I'm extremely glad to still be here and I don't take that for granted but I can't help how I feel. Sorry if that offends you.

It doesn't offend me at all: as I said, we're all different. I tend to be thankful for what I have, not what I don't.

I'm sorry if my opinion to your thread on an open forum wasn't in line with what you wanted to hear.

"

I asked for opinions and am more than happy to hear them, regardless of if i agree.

I am thankful for what I have but as I say can't help how I feel. If I could wave a magic wand and suddenly not hate my boobs or my scars then I would.

over a year ago

"You’re a ghost, trapped inside a skeleton, driving a meat wagon.

Chin up. You’re HAWT! Scars and all xx"

I love that!

over a year ago

I think most people find it hard to accept compliments. Everyone from supermodels to non-supermodels has some part of their body that they don't like.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I like scars.

Post new Message to Thread