Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I miss the old way.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Dating. It's the pits.

I miss the days when you were in a pub and you'd catch someone's eye and chat. If you got that glint in your eye swap numbers and go from there.

Nowadays, meeting someone is so hard. Not just for me but other girls I know.

Online we're judged on how we look, how we write messages. If one thing is taken wrong, immediately move on to next.

It's a quandary. For want of trying still single. Fast losing hope. I imagine there'll be mixed response to this perfectly fine.

Goes back to hairy toe plucking.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Come over to my pub and let's do it the old way

over a year ago

My dad was out with his girlfriend and her mother for New Year’s Eve. Caught my mums eye, ended up going home with her. Got engaged two months later, and were married by the August.

over a year ago

"Come over to my pub and let's do it the old way"

By *ackhammerJay30Man
over a year ago

walsall /Aldridge

"Dating. It's the pits.

I miss the days when you were in a pub and you'd catch someone's eye and chat. If you got that glint in your eye swap numbers and go from there.

Online we're judged on how we look, how we write messages. If one thing is taken wrong, immediately move on to next.

It's a quandary. For want of trying still single. Fast losing hope. I imagine there'll be mixed response to this perfectly fine.

Goes back to hairy toe plucking. "

I totally agree with you xx

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

It can, and does, still happen the old way. One of my young friends just got engaged to the man she met in the pub.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

That point of view hadn’t occurred to me. I always thought ladies had it easy. It’s a dichotomy between two opposites .

By *hilipepperWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Dating. It's the pits.

I agree it's definitely more difficult than years ago to meet the old fashioned way

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

YOu can still go out and do it the old way it still works

You’re still judged by the way you look and can be written off by one wrong thing you say regardless though

over a year ago

Yup. I honestly don't bother with dating sites anymore. Lots of guys on dating sites are only looking for a quick fix, at least on here I can be open about my sexuality. I think wherever/however you meet there's so much pot luck in finding someone on your wavelength at the same time in their lives. Don't give up hope though!

over a year ago

I miss the days of going out, copping off, shagging them senseless and if you liked them meeting up for dwinks on a Sunday night. Usually non alcoholic drinks as you were skint unless they were paying. Eventually you might exchange numbers... The house phone of course.. Ahhh happy days.

By *ackhammerJay30Man
over a year ago

walsall /Aldridge

I find people on dateing sites are so judgmental x

over a year ago

Edited to add....no harm in looking for a quick fix as long as they're honest about it....that's the but that seems to be difficult for many.....

over a year ago

Try it as you get older..... if you’re not into bingo and soaps, you don’t stand a chance

By *ackhammerJay30Man
over a year ago

walsall /Aldridge

"Edited to add....no harm in looking for a quick fix as long as they're honest about it....that's the but that seems to be difficult for many....."

Totally agree awww I'm surprised your single as your so beautiful xx

over a year ago

I love this way it's so exciting. I never go anywhere for it to happen now lol

over a year ago

"Edited to add....no harm in looking for a quick fix as long as they're honest about it....that's the but that seems to be difficult for many.....

Totally agree awww I'm surprised your single as your so beautiful xx"

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Try it from my point of view, I'm 44, got dropped years ago by mates as they got hooked up with partners. So no longer an avenue of going out on a Saturday night for a girly night, no other avenue or trying to engage interest, what else do I try?

Internet is shite, as I no longer want to be a hook up!

over a year ago

As a younger man everyone is on the dating sites etc.

I fortunately caught the eye of my flame at work and we did the whole getting to know eachother dating phase. So much fun rarther than disscusing shit online planning etc.

The random days out are the best.

By *oredShitlessxxxCouple
over a year ago

luton

"Dating. It's the pits.

Try a dating site.... why you on a swingers site?....madness!!!

over a year ago

" Try a dating site.... why you on a swingers site?....madness!!!"

From my point of view I like this life style. People I have met though internet dating have been quite offended by swinging or any form of ethical none monogamy

over a year ago

luton

" Try a dating site.... why you on a swingers site?....madness!!!

From my point of view I like this life style. People I have met though internet dating have been quite offended by swinging or any form of ethical none monogamy "

But the OP is looking for Love.... not just a nsa meet, isnt Swinging about nsa meets?

over a year ago

I've never done online dating as it there was hardly the internet when I was single, but other than the odd success story I'm glad I missed it.

There's a man at work that uses it and quite successful, but he's constantly worried about the women he might be missing out on by dating someone for too long, always hoping someone better is round the corner. And as for female's experiences? It's all about sex and lies to try and get some one into bed, oh and separated men that still live with the wife. Should I ever find myself single again, I'll be giving it a wide berth.

Ginger

over a year ago

From my point of view I like this life style. People I have met though internet dating have been quite offended by swinging or any form of ethical none monogamy

But the OP is looking for Love.... not just a nsa meet, isnt Swinging about nsa meets? "

Plenty of different ways to swing. I've been on the scene about 3yrs now, and in that time developed close and cherished friendships, and had two relationships. It's not all about NSA. My ideal would be a fulfilling relationship where swinging was an added extra in an already happy partnership. So makes far more sense to look on here.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

The old way can still be the current way.

People have just gotten lazy I think. Having the internet constantly to hand and various dating/hook-up apps, lots of people now think it’s the easiest way to meet someone.

I just lurk in the biscuit aisle of supermarkets and smile and passing victims

over a year ago

"Try it as you get older..... if you’re not into bingo and soaps, you don’t stand a chance "

This made me laugh.

over a year ago

luton

But the OP is looking for Love.... not just a nsa meet, isnt Swinging about nsa meets?

Plenty of different ways to swing. I've been on the scene about 3yrs now, and in that time developed close and cherished friendships, and had two relationships. It's not all about NSA. My ideal would be a fulfilling relationship where swinging was an added extra in an already happy partnership. So makes far more sense to look on here."

Okey Dokey.... lol

over a year ago

"Dating. It's the pits.

Try a dating site.... why you on a swingers site?....madness!!!"

I'm on both. But. To answer you. A lot on here are on other dating sites. There's a double standard which I've heard from other females on here and I've had it said to me lately. Some men won't date women on here.

Not to mention. I'm here to fulfill my bi needs. I date men for company etc. It's not madness. Open your mind a little.

over a year ago

luton

"Dating. It's the pits.

I'm on both. But. To answer you. A lot on here are on other dating sites. There's a double standard which I've heard from other females on here and I've had it said to me lately. Some men won't date women on here.

Not to mention. I'm here to fulfill my bi needs. I date men for company etc. It's not madness. Open your mind a little. "

Its Madness if you are looking for love on here !!!

over a year ago

Plenty of different ways to swing. I've been on the scene about 3yrs now, and in that time developed close and cherished friendships, and had two relationships. It's not all about NSA. My ideal would be a fulfilling relationship where swinging was an added extra in an already happy partnership. So makes far more sense to look on here."

You explained that well. Thank you. Exactly this. When you meet on a standard site where do your throw in. By the way I like to watch people having sex and sometimes do a threesome or more.....

over a year ago

luton

Plenty of different ways to swing. I've been on the scene about 3yrs now, and in that time developed close and cherished friendships, and had two relationships. It's not all about NSA. My ideal would be a fulfilling relationship where swinging was an added extra in an already happy partnership. So makes far more sense to look on here.

You explained that well. Thank you. Exactly this. When you meet on a standard site where do your throw in. By the way I like to watch people having sex and sometimes do a threesome or more..... "

Erm like normal people do that get into swinging, after developing a relationship in the first place

over a year ago

"Try it from my point of view, I'm 44, got dropped years ago by mates as they got hooked up with partners. So no longer an avenue of going out on a Saturday night for a girly night, no other avenue or trying to engage interest, what else do I try?

Internet is shite, as I no longer want to be a hook up!"

Im the same. Doesnt help when friends keep telling u to get out there.. im out there. Mr Right isnt!!

over a year ago

"Dating. It's the pits.

Not to mention. I'm here to fulfill my bi needs. I date men for company etc. It's not madness. Open your mind a little.

Its Madness if you are looking for love on here !!! "

I never said I was looking for lpve here. You're jumping to conclusions. But people do find love here. As an example. Tatts and titts on my veris. Nice couple, met as shingles. Seen other threads where people met here, engaged now. Because it's not for you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Again. Open your mind.

over a year ago

But the OP is looking for Love.... not just a nsa meet, isnt Swinging about nsa meets? "

Yeah I would love to find someone to marry and have children with, and practice ethical none monogamy - whether that be swinging or poly or both or something else.

over a year ago

luton

"Dating. It's the pits.

I never said I was looking for lpve here. You're jumping to conclusions. But people do find love here. As an example. Tatts and titts on my veris. Nice couple, met as shingles. Seen other threads where people met here, engaged now. Because it's not for you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Again. Open your mind. "

Your statement "of still being single", kinda made it appear that you wanted a partner.... does it not?

over a year ago

"Try it from my point of view, I'm 44, got dropped years ago by mates as they got hooked up with partners. So no longer an avenue of going out on a Saturday night for a girly night, no other avenue or trying to engage interest, what else do I try?

Internet is shite, as I no longer want to be a hook up!

Im the same. Doesnt help when friends keep telling u to get out there.. im out there. Mr Right isnt!!"

My friend got berated from her parents for being single 5 years.

We're out there trying. I mean if you can do it we have. Speed dating, online dating, nights out, travelling, getting to themed days. As single people we've tried it all. X

over a year ago

"Dating. It's the pits.

I never said I was looking for lpve here. You're jumping to conclusions. But people do find love here. As an example. Tatts and titts on my veris. Nice couple, met as shingles. Seen other threads where people met here, engaged now. Because it's not for you doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Again. Open your mind.

Your statement "of still being single", kinda made it appear that you wanted a partner.... does it not? "

I do and in the meantime I'm here to fulfill my desires til I find someone. I don't search here for a partner. But if someone matches it's not out of the question. The title isn't about being single on fab. And if you're reading replies, I'm not the only one here with these thoughts.

By *heekyflickWoman
over a year ago

LINCOLN

Sadly even the old way is difficult...the other night in a bar almost every person was constantly checking their phones...even when sat with others...the art of conversing is dead I feel...easier to hide behind a screen...I for one love the thrill of meeting new people but not everyone feels the same.

over a year ago

luton

Ps most people that meet on here and then become a couple (loved up) all take a significant break from swinging, to establish a foundation to their relationship. And thats a FACT!!!

All i was saying is if you (dont want to be single anymore) want a loving relationship, then maybe it would be better to join a dating site, where it may not be preconceived as a nsa meet

over a year ago

You explained that well. Thank you. Exactly this. When you meet on a standard site where do your throw in. By the way I like to watch people having sex and sometimes do a threesome or more.....

Erm like normal people do that get into swinging, after developing a relationship in the first place

"

I'm wondering who you awesome two are. My ex wouldn't entertain swinging but god bless your reason and knowledge. If it was this easy would there be so many people saying the same. I'm baffled your so closed minded but having said that a few times and the responses you give. Your the most closed minded people I know. There's nothing normal about people. Your views are not everyone's. But I've entertained your narrow mindedness enough. You can't educate a closed mind.

over a year ago

If you met someone in a pub like the old way and we're honest and told then you'd had numerous partners on here ..which applies to males and females then it might be a non starter .

So what do you do .keep it quiet ?

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I am always hoping to meeting a football lass - either at football or on away games

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Dating. It's the pits.

I guess we all miss that. It’s such a thrill. Last happened with me ten years ago. I’m too old now though to hang around bars.

over a year ago

"Dating. It's the pits.

I guess we all miss that. It’s such a thrill. Last happened with me ten years ago. I’m too old now though to hang around bars. "

Your never too old. There's a guy goes out in Leeds must be mud 60s, dances all night. Everyone knows him. I stare in admiration. X

over a year ago

luton

I'm wondering who you awesome two are. My ex wouldn't entertain swinging but god bless your reason and knowledge. If it was this easy would there be so many people saying the same. I'm baffled your so closed minded but having said that a few times and the responses you give. Your the most closed minded people I know. There's nothing normal about people. Your views are not everyone's. But I've entertained your narrow mindedness enough. You can't educate a closed mind. "

Ok.... sorry i have to log out (as the Mrs just got home) she always scolds me for getting into heated debates...

Take care and good luck with the search x

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Whenever I’m in a pub or bar, all the ladies seem to be with men. So what did they do to get into that position? I couldn’t possibly chat them up. I’d feel like an unwelcome intruding weirdo.

over a year ago

"Ps most people that meet on here and then become a couple (loved up) all take a significant break from swinging, to establish a foundation to their relationship. And thats a FACT!!!

All i was saying is if you (dont want to be single anymore) want a loving relationship, then maybe it would be better to join a dating site, where it may not be preconceived as a nsa meet "

Nothing in my profile suggests nsa. But again. Closed mind. Is it a fact. Where are your facts from. Please supply this information. These are your THOUGHTS if you have no proof.

Are you even reading other replies or just hounding me particularly. And your FACT is wrong. Some couple's get together here and still swing. Lord.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

I’m currently taking a break as I’ve met someone through this site and we want some time together as a couple before re introducing swinging

It’s by far the best relationship so far Because my desire for wanting this lifestyle to be a part of the relationship as been upfront from the start there’s been no awkward conversations to have about it, no risk of judgement or disgust for wanting it because “it’s not normal”

I was on this site because it’s the type of relationship I wanted and I’ve found it

over a year ago

"I’m currently taking a break as I’ve met someone through this site and we want some time together as a couple before re introducing swinging

It’s by far the best relationship so far Because my desire for wanting this lifestyle to be a part of the relationship as been upfront from the start there’s been no awkward conversations to have about it, no risk of judgement or disgust for wanting it because “it’s not normal”

I was on this site because it’s the type of relationship I wanted and I’ve found it"

Good luck to you both.

over a year ago

My place on the shelf seems fixed.

over a year ago

I’m a firm believer in things happening when you least expect it. If you ask others how they’ve met their partner, no two answers are the same. You need to get out there, as the saying goes - if you do as you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always got.

over a year ago

"I’m currently taking a break as I’ve met someone through this site and we want some time together as a couple before re introducing swinging

I was on this site because it’s the type of relationship I wanted and I’ve found it"

Living the dream

over a year ago

luton

"Ps most people that meet on here and then become a couple (loved up) all take a significant break from swinging, to establish a foundation to their relationship. And thats a FACT!!!

All i was saying is if you (dont want to be single anymore) want a loving relationship, then maybe it would be better to join a dating site, where it may not be preconceived as a nsa meet

Nothing in my profile suggests nsa. But again. Closed mind. Is it a fact. Where are your facts from. Please supply this information. These are your THOUGHTS if you have no proof.

Are you even reading other replies or just hounding me particularly. And your FACT is wrong. Some couple's get together here and still swing. Lord.

"

Erm... please re read Curvymama's reply..... lol

over a year ago

Erm... please re read Curvymama's reply..... lol "

That's one person. Does not support fact. Fact is based on study and evidence.

over a year ago

luton

Erm... please re read Curvymama's reply..... lol

That's one person. Does not support fact. Fact is based on study and evidence. "

Give it a rest ... please!!!

over a year ago

Internet is shite, as I no longer want to be a hook up!"

I agree with everything you say... It's hard to create opportunities to meet traditionally.

Sick of being single a bit ....

over a year ago

Im not really sure where I would begin to look if I was a single. I am a big believer in 'real life' situations though and would just put myself in places where others were, hobbies/clubs/nightclasses. Failing that I'd eye up all the single dads in the school playground,of which I'm sure there must be plenty. When all that failed I'd come back on here

over a year ago

"Dating. It's the pits.

Totally agree xx

over a year ago

Alcohol and poor judgement, it’s the only way i got dates before 2005.

By *elfastDMan
over a year ago

belfast

I blame the expectation nowadays that everyone gets what they want handed to them on a plate

Where’s the fun in that?!?

I much prefer the excitement, the rejection and the reward from the old ways

By *eanut Butter CupWoman
over a year ago

B & M Bargains

I’ve resigned myself to my spinsterhood

over a year ago

I've been chatted up in bars, tube stations, outside my local shops and at bus stops. It's starting to get on my nerves.

By *aisyDDWoman
over a year ago

North West

"Dating. It's the pits.

Ain’t this the truth

By *ammyDodgaMan
over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

A wise “owd bird” ( me ma ) said don’t look for it.. It will find you when it’s ready, just enjoy the inbetween. So I do

Being honest, I run a mile when I see on a profile ( dating site ) looking for relationship. sounds shallow right? Not at all, who wants to know intention? Not me.

What happens happens, but I learnt a long time ago a significant other can’t make us happy if we aren’t happy ourselves.

over a year ago

"Alcohol and poor judgement, it’s the only way i got dates before 2005."

over a year ago

From a guy's point of view, meeting a girl in a pub/club & then getting invited back to her place is now a dangerous proposition, - not like the good old days..

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

Sorry that you miss the old way..

I think this site works well for me and I wouldn't want to go back to the pub/club etc.

horses for courses.

By *rafty98Man
over a year ago

herts

I'd say a mixture of both would be good. So many off my old haunts have gone out of business these days. Nothing quiet like a chin wag over a drink or two.

By *essica jamiesonWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"My dad was out with his girlfriend and her mother for New Year’s Eve. Caught my mums eye, ended up going home with her. Got engaged two months later, and were married by the August.

"

u caught ur mums eye??? Eh?

By *essica jamiesonWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Oh sorry " u mean when ur mum & dad were young lol lol oh i see!! Lol x

over a year ago

Lol

over a year ago

Wish I was around back then to experience the “old way”

over a year ago

Love to have been in Kathmandu in the 60's.

Post new Message to Thread