Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bad Plasterer’s

Jump to newest

By *tu_b_man OP   Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Cut s long story short, I’ve had 4 local plasterers do pretty bad jobs round my place. Not sure what to do anyone.

The latest one has a really good finish on the walls and ceiling and the externals are good but the internals are not great. He insisted on using an internal tool so he could do a wall and ceiling after each other.

On the other walls he’s pulled down from the ceiling with lots of “mini” strokes whereas I’ve seen it done with one continuous horizontal pass before. Any thoughts please?

I’m getting really fed up with it now so please no piss taking or wise cracks.

Any plasterers on here your advice would be great please. Thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

other than asking to see their indentured advanced craft certificate and cscs card... otherwise you take pot luck

By *tu_b_man OP   Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Arrrgggghh!!

By *even inchesMan
over a year ago

nottingham

"Cut s long story short, I’ve had 4 local plasterers do pretty bad jobs round my place. Not sure what to do anyone.

The latest one has a really good finish on the walls and ceiling and the externals are good but the internals are not great. He insisted on using an internal tool so he could do a wall and ceiling after each other.

Finding a good plasterer is like finding that elusive unicorn

On the other walls he’s pulled down from the ceiling with lots of “mini” strokes whereas I’ve seen it done with one continuous horizontal pass before. Any thoughts please?

Any plasterers on here your advice would be great please. Thanks."

By *even inchesMan
over a year ago

nottingham

[Removed by poster at 25/03/18 22:48:20]

By *even inchesMan
over a year ago

nottingham

"Cut s long story short, I’ve had 4 local plasterers do pretty bad jobs round my place. Not sure what to do anyoneThe latest one has a really good finish on the walls and ceiling and the externals are good but the internals are not great. He insisted on using an internal tool so he could do a wall and ceiling after each other.

finding a good plasterer is like finding that elusive unicorn

over a year ago

Rate my builder

over a year ago

Obviously yet another bloody trowel on the net.

By *ammyDodgaMan
over a year ago

Nottingham/and everywhere my location says i am ;)

Know several good plasterers... All in Notts. But the question is price. And they aren’t cheap as they are bloody good at what they do.

But it sounds like he glassed it.. No pun here but too much stroking and you’ll never paint it.. ( I’m not a plasterer, but I did labour for my plasterer when he did my house and I got bollocked for too much stroking )

By *tu_b_man OP   Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Know several good plasterers... All in Notts. But the question is price. And they aren’t cheap as they are bloody good at what they do.

But it sounds like he glassed it.. No pun here but too much stroking and you’ll never paint it.. ( I’m not a plasterer, but I did labour for my plasterer when he did my house and I got bollocked for too much stroking )

"

Was going to message you but I can't due to the restrictions you've set up.

By *tu_b_man OP   Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

Anyone got any Notts based recommendations please?

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

Good tradesmen are always in high demand and usually go from one job to another so can basically name their price, Most but not all don't bother with small jobs so its hard to get them to patch up a wall/ceiling etc unless its a friend or friend of a friend, If know one can recommend one for you try a web site that does and read the reviews

over a year ago

"Cut s long story short, I’ve had 4 local plasterers do pretty bad jobs round my place. Not sure what to do anyone.

I’m a builder, shouldn’t do two walls together. You do the ceiling first with maybe some reveals finish that. Then you do opposite walls, you never have wet corners, always looks shit.

By *tu_b_man OP   Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

He was raving about his internal trowel and tbh I thought it was shit from the finish it left! Plastering with a wall paper scraper would have got a better finish! I’m so fed up about it.

Post new Message to Thread