Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Single men / POF / FAB

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm thinking about trying to find a SERIOUS boyfriend, do you think you would be able to be boyfriend material and stay faithful or would you still shag around on FAB, I've tried POF but haven't come across Mr Right yet and it's also full of nerdy men who really don't do it for me, single men on here are much better but could you be faithful ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Just find one that tells lousy jokes. You can bet your boots they’ll be serious.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think fundamentally you need far more in common than just sex, so unless you're discussing other values and interests this ain't the place!

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

The guys that you find on here will most likely like swinging. So I take it you wouldn't be up for that ?

over a year ago

"The guys that you find on here will most likely like swinging. So I take it you wouldn't be up for that ?"

Is that a foundation for a relationship or perhaps something you explore when everything else is happy and in place?

over a year ago

Some Will be faithful some won't

over a year ago

"I'm thinking about trying to find a SERIOUS boyfriend, do you think you would be able to be boyfriend material and stay faithful or would you still shag around on FAB, I've tried POF but haven't come across Mr Right yet and it's also full of nerdy men who really don't do it for me, single men on here are much better but could you be faithful ? "

Is this the man or the woman looking for a boyfriend?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"The guys that you find on here will most likely like swinging. So I take it you wouldn't be up for that ?"

I find most just use it to find casual sex outside of a proper relationship, they're not swingers really.

Some would be happy to be monogamous, others wouldn't.

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

[Removed by poster at 25/03/18 17:48:55]

over a year ago

Depends if swinging is a lifestyle choice you wish to continue.

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Try again... You might find asking for a faithfull man on here difficult from a couples profile, would seem a little unfair.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I joined pof the other week, it's not any better than here!

Usual first message is 'Hi' and shit profiles, don't know if I can be arsed trying anymore and just accept myself to a life time of celibacy

over a year ago

Most 'single' men are just here for sex anyway

If they find a woman for regular local meets then who's to say they won't shag anyone else..

over a year ago

"I'm thinking about trying to find a SERIOUS boyfriend, do you think you would be able to be boyfriend material and stay faithful or would you still shag around on FAB, I've tried POF but haven't come across Mr Right yet and it's also full of nerdy men who really don't do it for me, single men on here are much better but could you be faithful ?

Is this the man or the woman looking for a boyfriend? "

I'm a lady (lol) looking for a boyfriend. It's a couples profile as I sort of have a FB but he's someone I don't want to spend the rest of my life with

over a year ago

"Try again... You might find asking for a faithfull man on here difficult from a couples profile, would seem a little unfair.

"

Yes it is a couples profile as I have a FB but I'm very much single

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Try again... You might find asking for a faithfull man on here difficult from a couples profile, would seem a little unfair.

Yes it is a couples profile as I have a FB but I'm very much single "

Cake and eat it?

over a year ago

"I'm thinking about trying to find a SERIOUS boyfriend, do you think you would be able to be boyfriend material and stay faithful or would you still shag around on FAB, I've tried POF but haven't come across Mr Right yet and it's also full of nerdy men who really don't do it for me, single men on here are much better but could you be faithful ?

I'm a lady (lol) looking for a boyfriend. It's a couples profile as I sort of have a FB but he's someone I don't want to spend the rest of my life with"

Has he just read this and slipped the ring box back in his pocket with a tear

By *uilder506Man
over a year ago

bognor

"I'm thinking about trying to find a SERIOUS boyfriend, do you think you would be able to be boyfriend material and stay faithful or would you still shag around on FAB, I've tried POF but haven't come across Mr Right yet and it's also full of nerdy men who really don't do it for me, single men on here are much better but could you be faithful ? "

I think so, I know if I found a gf on here ( haha haha) I would be faithful

over a year ago

Entirely depends on the man. So many on dating sites have the same attitude to people on here, so I don't agree when people say not to look on here. At least you'll find out pretty quickly if you're sexually compatible!

over a year ago

Most of the single guy's on here are on dating sites such as pof. I very much doubt the men are any different & i'm sure the women are the same who use different sites as i have tried pof

over a year ago

Met my ex on here, was together for 7 years, so yes

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I've been on POF, but found it to be full of the mildly insane. I've had much more success on Tinder or Bumble.

I'm looking for a serious relationship on those apps.

By *oredShitlessxxxCouple
over a year ago

luton

Soooo confused atm

You want a faithful (on the side) boyfriend, as you are in a relationship/married. Why not just ask for a Polyamorous relationship?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Oh, the fact he was called "no longer" made me think he was out of the picture. So yes, i don't think you'll find a "faithful" man on here from this profile.

By *arlo82Woman
over a year ago

the gym and random places

They're pretty much all on the same sites anyway. I think the only way it would work irrespective of where you found them is complete honesty

over a year ago

I could be faithful if they were giving me sex often.

Just finding someone is the problem. Men on here want sex men on dating sites want sex. Its all really unromantic.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"I could be faithful if they were giving me sex often.

Just finding someone is the problem. Men on here want sex men on dating sites want sex. Its all really unromantic."

Everyone "wants sex". It's all about the context.

Thata why I skip over profiles on dating sites that claim not to be looking for sex, I think that'd be a pretty fucking dull relationship, that.

over a year ago

I'm a lady (lol) looking for a boyfriend. It's a couples profile as I sort of have a FB but he's someone I don't want to spend the rest of my life with"

So you are seeking a “faithful” man....but you have a fb?

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Just finding someone is the problem. Men on here want sex men on dating sites want sex. Its all really unromantic.

Thata why I skip over profiles on dating sites that claim not to be looking for sex, I think that'd be a pretty fucking dull relationship, that. "

On POF almost all women say not looking for a one night stand or NSA sex. Get a second date and it’s pretty much guaranteed. They’re just as horny as us .

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I just don’t believe men when they say they want the same as I do on here.

over a year ago

I would like to find a relationship with someone for ethical none monogamy. She I have met people outside of here they have not really been open to it. I wouldn't set out to cheat but I do find it difficult to be monogamous

over a year ago

I'm a lady (lol) looking for a boyfriend. It's a couples profile as I sort of have a FB but he's someone I don't want to spend the rest of my life with

So you are seeking a “faithful” man....but you have a fb?"

Yes what's the problem with that. It's time I moved on and settled down ?

over a year ago

Thata why I skip over profiles on dating sites that claim not to be looking for sex, I think that'd be a pretty fucking dull relationship, that. "

Well yes it would, but i don’t want to be dated just for sex. I want romance, passion, fireworks, companionship and a bloke who’s funny, sarcastic and knows how to show a gal a good time in bed.

I want to be courted.

And fucked.

And then courted some more.

It’s a tricky balance

over a year ago

Thata why I skip over profiles on dating sites that claim not to be looking for sex, I think that'd be a pretty fucking dull relationship, that.

On POF almost all women say not looking for a one night stand or NSA sex. Get a second date and it’s pretty much guaranteed. They’re just as horny as us ."

Would you be surprised if a woman said no to sex on a second date?

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Well yes it would, but i don’t want to be dated just for sex. I want romance, passion, fireworks, companionship and a bloke who’s funny, sarcastic and knows how to show a gal a good time in bed.

I want to be courted.

And fucked.

It’s a tricky balance "

I also tend to avoid people who say they are looking for non-tangible things like "fireworks". I'm in my mid 30s, I don't want all that teenage shite, I want someone who is clever, who has her own interests and is broadly tolerant of my weirdnesses.

Still single.

over a year ago

I want to be courted.

And fucked.

It’s a tricky balance "

By *rattyPrincessWoman
over a year ago

hemel hempstead

I’m looking for the same, I’m on dating sites but it’s hard to look for a relationship with a kinky side without attracting the creeps and players.

It’s a catch 22, I need a bloke to match my sex drive and be into the kinky side but also wants a relationship with just me. It’s proving impossible lol

over a year ago

I'll be joining a couple of dating sites when I'm ready to start dating. In the meantime I'm on here with an open mind but not really looking for love. Why? Because, as important as sex is to me, it's not what I'd start with in finding a new love. I want to be swept away by someone and, from what I've seen on here, there ain't a whole lot of sweeping going on on here

I have a few female friendships that are blossoming in the real vanilla world at the moment. Each of them have an excitement and a level of flirtation to them. But they're all very much early stages and platonic. They might bubble up into delicious but short winded love affairs, they may grow into something more, or they may not. This, to me, is how love bubbles up. It bubbles up out of friendship. Then you get closer. Then you become enchanted by the smell of each other and a yearning seeds itself in each of you to get closer still. Then, in a moment of impulse, you kiss and a heady eroticism of the kind that would make most Fab members run for the hills erupts, a deep unbridled desire to be utterly consumed by each other, to be utterly lost in each other for days, years. This is how a proper love affair should start. Not the dull squib offered by so many on here. Don't compromise. Hold out for it. Visualise it if you want. Good luck

Of course, I'm happy to be proved wrong and am open minded that I might suddenly click with a beautiful woman on here in a way I hadn't imagined whilst blindfolding her for some kind of kinky escapade xxx

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Most I've spoken to on pof are also on here

over a year ago

Oh and... when I find that special someone I'm coming off here. So the clock's ticking all you lovely ladies lol

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Then you may have more success with a single female profile.

Trying from a couples profile is like you want your cake and eat it. You cant possibly expect any man to be faithfull to part of a couple, even if thats just a fb couple.

Just a suggestion.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I'll be joining a couple of dating sites when I'm ready to start dating. In the meantime I'm on here with an open mind but not really looking for love. Why? Because, as important as sex is to me, it's not what I'd start with in finding a new love. I want to be swept away by someone and, from what I've seen on here, there ain't a whole lot of sweeping going on on here

I have a few female friendships that are blossoming in the real vanilla world at the moment. Each of them have an excitement and a level of flirtation to them. But they're all very much early stages and platonic. They might bubble up into delicious but short winded love affairs, they may grow into something more, or they may not. This, to me, is how love bubbles up. It bubbles up out of friendship. Then you get closer. Then you become enchanted by the smell of each other and a yearning seeds itself in each of you to get closer still. Then, in a moment of impulse, you kiss and a heady eroticism of the kind that would make most Fab members run for the hills erupts, a deep unbridled desire to be utterly consumed by each other, to be utterly lost in each other for days, years. This is how a proper love affair should start. Not the dull squib offered by so many on here. Don't compromise. Hold out for it. Visualise it if you want. Good luck

"

Yes, I never went dating when I was young, normally something just developed from within a peer group - at college, at work, or within a social group.

Starting with a 'blank sheet of paper' and an anonymous contact is much harder and somehow more soul-less.

By *_Yeah19Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"The guys that you find on here will most likely like swinging. So I take it you wouldn't be up for that ?

Is that a foundation for a relationship or perhaps something you explore when everything else is happy and in place?"

I’d say it can be either. We met on here so has been in the background of our relationship throughout, but we know that if either of us wasn’t into it any more, it wouldn’t be that hard to put on hold.

Even without the actual swinging, it’s amazing to find someone who’s your equal sexually so you can talk about fancying someone and not get shot down for it! That’s even more important in my view.

TB

over a year ago

Honey. The guys on here will be whatever you want them to be.

By *_Yeah19Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

"

I also tend to avoid people who say they are looking for non-tangible things like "fireworks". I'm in my mid 30s, I don't want all that teenage shite, I want someone who is clever, who has her own interests and is broadly tolerant of my weirdnesses.

Still single. "

You see I was the opposite, I wanted the fireworks. In my late 30s so wanted to start my later years with someone who can still make me feel like a teenager and do all that slightly mental stuff (such as Fab!) whilst I’m still young enough to be able to!

Each to their own though

TB

over a year ago

"I also tend to avoid people who say they are looking for non-tangible things like "fireworks". I'm in my mid 30s, I don't want all that teenage shite, I want someone who is clever, who has her own interests and is broadly tolerant of my weirdnesses.

Still single.

You see I was the opposite, I wanted the fireworks. In my late 30s so wanted to start my later years with someone who can still make me feel like a teenager and do all that slightly mental stuff (such as Fab!) whilst I’m still young enough to be able to!

Each to their own though

TB"

Another vote for fireworks! Happy to hold out and enjoy a gorgeous single life forming exciting sexy female friendships until it happens to me again. I'm a bit of a romantic with a flare for falling madly and passionately in love. So it's happened to me before and I'm hopeful it will happen again. Emotional caution is its enemy. So you've just got to be careful about steering clear of that.

over a year ago

"Honey. The guys on here will be whatever you want them to be.

"

Except perhaps faithful in a monogamous relationship. Actually 1% of them might be, but it's a case of finding them really.

Post new Message to Thread