Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Challenging Mating Season For Birdperson

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello chaps.

Does anybody else have the impression it's gotten gradually harder to actually get together. The pesky girl-human is an elusive quarry but even so - I seem to remember more meets in the past. A lot of this supposed 'hook-up culture' kind of ain't. I'm starting to believe my ancestors were more proactively filthier. People are, er, not fucking in general.

Your thoughts?

Maybe it is cyclical and there will be more spontaneity in April!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The trick to eating cereal is keeping 90% of it above the milk

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I think trends have just changed here in Ireland OP. I've noticed it myself in the past year that people are just more inclined to go to clubs and socials than to arrange single meets... from conversations I've had with others who have changed how they meet, timewasters and no-shows seem to have prompted it. The idea being that if the person you'd arranged to meet at a club or event doesn't show, at least your night won't be wasted.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I think trends have just changed here in Ireland OP. I've noticed it myself in the past year that people are just more inclined to go to clubs and socials than to arrange single meets... from conversations I've had with others who have changed how they meet, timewasters and no-shows seem to have prompted it. The idea being that if the person you'd arranged to meet at a club or event doesn't show, at least your night won't be wasted."

I think this is there with both dating and hookups.

I feel like normal male/female interaction has gotten so ritualized genuine connections are a shot in the dark. If it's not family/friends/landlords cockblocking you it's these insane dating profiles where we contrast and compare spreadsheets. This or people thrusting their junk randomly into the gene pool at nightclubs and bars, which felt weirdly conservative to me, might as well be Rumspringa.

Post new Message to Thread