Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Happy

By *rben112Man
over a year ago

worcester

I will watch it later. But I have never been so unenthusiastic about the start of a season before

Over sanitised bunch of snowflakes.

Flip flops, no grid girls........ much better in the 70's

over a year ago

GET IN THERE LEWIS!!!!

BOOM! What a qualy lap.

Bottas shunt will not go down well with the mechanics. Thats a huge rebuild and probably gearbox replacement too.

Saturday is the only time off the mechanics get over the weekend as cars go into parc ferme after qualy. Looks like the Merc mechanics will be burning the midnight oil to get Bottas car back together.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow. It may even be wet

over a year ago

"I will watch it later. But I have never been so unenthusiastic about the start of a season before

Over sanitised bunch of snowflakes.

Flip flops, no grid girls........ much better in the 70's"

just a 20th of a second between 2nd & 4th ........ I've seen far, far worse.

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

F1 not for me as the true men started their season last week on 2 wheels for motogp

over a year ago

Awesome lap my Lewis. Looking forward to the race tomorrow and the rest of season

5 worlds championships for Lewis on the way and probably some tears for Vettel

over a year ago

"F1 not for me as the true men started their season last week on 2 wheels for motogp"

as Guy Martin said, - there's never anything new in Moto GP, just the same old yawn ...

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

Always a new kid on block to throw spanner in works like zarco last year, and dovi getting the duke to work at last. Whats f1 gona be.. LH or SV with no other contenders for a win for 17 of 18 races. Guy martin chats shit but ppl think cuz hes saying as he sees it then hes sound.

over a year ago

"F1 not for me as the true men started their season last week on 2 wheels for motogp"

And what an awesome face it was

over a year ago

"Always a new kid on block to throw spanner in works like zarco last year, and dovi getting the duke to work at last. Whats f1 gona be.. LH or SV with no other contenders for a win for 17 of 18 races. Guy martin chats shit but ppl think cuz hes saying as he sees it then hes sound."

Kimi qualified second & Max is just behind Seb - and without his rotten luck last year, who knows what he could have achieved.

You seem to know a damn site more about F1 than I do about Moto GP, - how comes?

By *imbo2007Man
over a year ago

Peterborough

Not liking the halo

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Who’s up for the first race, bring it on

over a year ago

Now just waiting for the race to start streaming

By *iker boy 69Man
over a year ago

midlands

"Always a new kid on block to throw spanner in works like zarco last year, and dovi getting the duke to work at last. Whats f1 gona be.. LH or SV with no other contenders for a win for 17 of 18 races. Guy martin chats shit but ppl think cuz hes saying as he sees it then hes sound.

Kimi qualified second & Max is just behind Seb - and without his rotten luck last year, who knows what he could have achieved.

You seem to know a damn site more about F1 than I do about Moto GP, - how comes? "

It all on sky sports news where as motogp isnt. I look for football and get f1 news thrown into it aswell plus my gaffer goes to 2 or 3 f1 rounds per year so have to hear it off him

over a year ago

"Always a new kid on block to throw spanner in works like zarco last year, and dovi getting the duke to work at last. Whats f1 gona be.. LH or SV with no other contenders for a win for 17 of 18 races. Guy martin chats shit but ppl think cuz hes saying as he sees it then hes sound.

You seem to know a damn site more about F1 than I do about Moto GP, - how comes?

It all on sky sports news where as motogp isnt. I look for football and get f1 news thrown into it aswell plus my gaffer goes to 2 or 3 f1 rounds per year so have to hear it off him"

well I can't converse with your gaffer.

Btw without the VSC, Seb would have been battling for 2nd at best

over a year ago

Go faster buttons

DRS

Too much strategy focus

Too many races won in the pit lane

Motogp any day thank you very much

over a year ago

Race wasn’t bad. As a Hamilton fan I was gutted he didn’t get the victory.

But I’m more gutted Kimi didn’t get second place

And I’m even more gutted about the Haas team. I think them lads will be a team to watch this year.

Going forward I hope Force India are able to get forward. They was my favourite constructor last year

over a year ago

"Go faster buttons

DRS

Too much strategy focus

Too many races won in the pit lane

Motogp any day thank you very much "

Enjoy your wide run offs ...... A bit like loose women really .....

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/03/18 00:16:37]

over a year ago

Seb was incredibly lucky, so commiserations to Lewis & Kimi.

Unless VSC has already been secretly changed to FSC pre season, - in which case c'est la F1 vie!

By *eryBigGirlWoman
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"Race wasn’t bad. As a Hamilton fan I was gutted he didn’t get the victory.

And I’m even more gutted about the Haas team. I think them lads will be a team to watch this year.

Going forward I hope Force India are able to get forward. They was my favourite constructor last year"

The qualifying was far more interesting than the actual race but also gutted for Lewis. Vettel is such an arrogant shite and a bad sportsman I’d hate him to get the upper hand this year.

over a year ago

"Race wasn’t bad. As a Hamilton fan I was gutted he didn’t get the victory.

Going forward I hope Force India are able to get forward. They was my favourite constructor last year

The qualifying was far more interesting than the actual race but also gutted for Lewis. Vettel is such an arrogant shite and a bad sportsman I’d hate him to get the upper hand this year. "

He's more suited to cycling

over a year ago

....or moto gp at least

over a year ago

I dont get why people always try and compare F1 to Moto GP?

Its not a comparable sport and never will be.

Different dynamics, different rule of physics, different challenges, different diciplines.

As for the opening race of the season, i thought it was pretty decent. Had an element of excitement and controversy. Mercedes was definitely the quicker car yet a Ferrari won with the help of the FIA Ferrari International Assistance .

In my opinion, the rules need to change during a VSC. Either pit stops are prohibited during this period or you simply introduce a further reduced speed for the pitlane.

The VSC is in place to ensure that no driver gains an advantage as the race is neutralized.

Alonso too gained an advantage but not as much as Vettel.

These algarythms and software that Toto has referred to, was nothing to do when the VSC was enforce. It's prior to that when the race was still under Green flags. What they are suggesting is that Lewis had the speed to eek out a little more time to Vettel and build up more of a buffer/ safety margin to cover off things like a VSC. The Mercedes computers were showing Lewis to be running to target and still in the outright lead but that failed to materialise.

After the race it emerged that Mercedes and or Lewis may have made a mistake gifting the race to Vettel.

Either way, im not having it. Mercedes didnt lose that race, the pathetic loop hole in the rules allowed a driver who was currently in a net 3rd position, jump the 2 faster cars ahead of him and take the win. Morally that is wrong. Ferrari didnt cheat but there should not be any sort of exploitation in a VSC.

Had Vettels pit stop happened under SC conditions, he would not have gained an advantage. The primary purpose of the VSC scenario is to simply neutralize the race whilst the track marshals safely do their thing.

No driver should gain an unfair advantage during this period, yet Alonso and Vettel both jumped cars

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So true I couldn’t have put it better myself

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

What a load of rubbish!

What are you taking about Ferrari International Assistance?

They won on a strategy call for once. Something that they have been terrible at for years. For once the strategist wasn't eating pasta at the crucial moment, and called it right.

And you think that Todt likes Ferrari now? Read his recent comments from the London visit!

over a year ago

"What a load of rubbish!

What are you taking about Ferrari International Assistance?

They won on a strategy call for once. Something that they have been terrible at for years. For once the strategist wasn't eating pasta at the crucial moment, and called it right.

And you think that Todt likes Ferrari now? Read his recent comments from the London visit!

"

I'm talking rubbish???

How can you possibly say that Ferrari won the race on a strategy call? So you are seriously trying to tell me that Ferraris plan going into the race on Sunday was simply to stay out and gamble on a VSC? No fricking way.

It was pure luck, no strategy involved what so ever. Seb lucked in Big time

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Do you even understand F1 or strategy?

Ferrari knew that they had no chance of winning on pure pace, and they thought that Raikkonen was their main challenger. They pitted him 1st, Mercedes covered it and increased Hamilton's lead.

Vettel was not even on for 2nd place, but his tyres were fine, so they kept him out, hoping that something would happen - rain, a safety car etc.

Suddenly a VSC happened. Normally, they would have been asleep or eating pasta in the strategy department, and done nothing. Remember how they lost Alonso the WDC to Vettel, by cocking it up?

For once in their life, they worked it out, brought Vettel in and it worked.

over a year ago

"Do you even understand F1 or strategy?

Ferrari knew that they had no chance of winning on pure pace, and they thought that Raikkonen was their main challenger. They pitted him 1st, Mercedes covered it and increased Hamilton's lead.

Vettel was not even on for 2nd place, but his tyres were fine, so they kept him out, hoping that something would happen - rain, a safety car etc.

Suddenly a VSC happened. Normally, they would have been asleep or eating pasta in the strategy department, and done nothing. Remember how they lost Alonso the WDC to Vettel, by cocking it up?

For once in their life, they worked it out, brought Vettel in and it worked.

"

They had no option but to bring him in. It was a free pit stop.

Im not annoyed at Ferrari or Vettel for winning, im more fucked off by the stupid VSC rules. How can there be rules in place which have been designed primarily to neutralize a race, yet some drivers can gain 10 seconds if they are in the right place at the right time. Its nonsense.

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

They are not designed to neutralise a race. Where did you get that idea from?

They are designed to provide safety for marshals, medics and other trackside officials to work under.

And the point is, that if these rules can be exploited safely, then thank goodness they can, because everyone is already moaning about how predictable it all is, how much of a procession it all is, and how Williams can never win with a small budget and pay drivers.

F1 is not about who starts on pole must win. Everyone moaned when Vettel did that with Red Bull.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

It's a totally different sport. Totally different skill-set and suffering from the same problems as F1!

over a year ago

"They are not designed to neutralise a race. Where did you get that idea from?

They are designed to provide safety for marshals, medics and other trackside officials to work under.

And the point is, that if these rules can be exploited safely, then thank goodness they can, because everyone is already moaning about how predictable it all is, how much of a procession it all is, and how Williams can never win with a small budget and pay drivers.

F1 is not about who starts on pole must win. Everyone moaned when Vettel did that with Red Bull."

The VSC was Introduced after the death if Jules Bianchi. The reason he had his fatal accident was because he was pushing too hard under waved yellows. No competitor wants to lose an inch of track to a rival.

So the purpose of the VSC was introduced so that all drivers on track drive to the same delta. Tje guy in front doesn't gain from the guy behind and vice versa. Every driver must adhere to the FIA timings in their dash.

This clearly is apparent to all drivers but there clearly is an exception to the rules for those using the pit lane. Vettel gained over 10 seconds on Lewis and that should not be allowed under conditions that no driver is meant to gain an advantage. Hence neutralizing the race.

Im just waiting for the next time a VSC car is triggered and wait to see how many drivers simply use the pit lane, instead of the track to gain time. The rules currently state you cant do this and until something so blatantly obvious is done to make a mockery of the VSC rule, then hopefully they'll do something about it.

Post new Message to Thread