Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Messages meant for someone else

Jump to newest

By *ue care and attention OP   Woman
over a year ago

birmingham

just had a message from a guy I'd been chatting to which was totally out of context to the conversation.

I messaged back asking if it was meant for me and he is now falling over himself to apologies and explain.

It was rather a saucy message so am finding his squirming hilarious.

This happens all the time though. Anyone else get them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Do it regularly on MSN, sometimes with hilarious results

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ha..... I get heap's of messages obviously intended for someone else.....its not a problem though,,,,

They are relatively easy to spot, because they’re mostly sent by guys using straight profiles who insist on littering their message spiel with terms like " hun " or "babe"…… sigh………

But I always send a polite reply explaining their error... hey,,, come-on its the least a bloke can do....pfft

over a year ago

Msn

Email

Texts

Texts are the best one fa me often send naughty ones ta family by mistake good job they know me xx

over a year ago

birmingham

"Msn

Email

Texts

Texts are the best one fa me often send naughty ones ta family by mistake good job they know me xx "

Have done that with texts too, sent a saucy one to a work mate, had to make a rapid excuse.

The worst was sending a very rude joke to my father in law who's very straight laced and 80. He called me and I made hubby answer it, I was too busy laughing!

over a year ago

I get them here. They are copy and paste messages where they have simply forgot to take the previous persons name off and put mine

over a year ago

My OH and one of my friends share the same first name...I'll say no more... .

I now add surnames.

over a year ago

birmingham

I have a HTC Desire which is touch screen and have opened a text and replied only to fine the reply has tagged onto another person's messages hence replied to the wrong person.

Anyone else have this problem?

By *ofakindCouple
over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"Msn

Email

Texts

Texts are the best one fa me often send naughty ones ta family by mistake good job they know me xx "

Texts, i sent one yesterday complaining about someone, to the person i was complaining about

over a year ago

Ive purposely done it :D

Sent a steamy message to a vanilla friend who i fancied the ass off but made out it was for someone else.. just in case the feelings werent mutual...

luckily they were :D woooo

over a year ago

birmingham

"Msn

Email

Texts

Texts are the best one fa me often send naughty ones ta family by mistake good job they know me xx

Texts, i sent one yesterday complaining about someone, to the person i was complaining about "

And, and and??????

By *ofakindCouple
over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

"Msn

Email

Texts

Texts, i sent one yesterday complaining about someone, to the person i was complaining about

And, and and??????"

I got a phone call saying im being moved out of my pub in two weeks i sent it to my area manager

over a year ago

i once sent a text meant for my guy to my boss (his number was first in my phone list ....it happens!!!)

when i got into work the next day he said "thanks for the text ...i dont think it was meant for me tho !!!"

much blushing

over a year ago

"I have a HTC Desire which is touch screen and have opened a text and replied only to fine the reply has tagged onto another person's messages hence replied to the wrong person.

Anyone else have this problem?"

yes my ex partner i was living with. he had same phone, sent me a text meant for his girlfriend. hence he is now my ex

over a year ago

ive done it by text on my phone a couple of times so need to be extra careful now. luckily the ones i sent were harmless but dam if some of the other had gone thru

over a year ago

i got one from a guy who was actually talking about me...turned me on!

over a year ago

"I have a HTC Desire which is touch screen and have opened a text and replied only to fine the reply has tagged onto another person's messages hence replied to the wrong person.

Anyone else have this problem?"

LOL yes. I sent a very explicit text to my lecturer, who is also a priest!!!!! needless to say i went red in teh face as soon i sent it. i then elaborated a very cunning story saying it had dropped out of my pocket and lots of people had recieved rude messages. damn i hated the HTC for that reason. got a samsung now so fingeres crossed lol

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Have done it on MSN! For Easter a couple of years ago I photoshopped a picture to include an Easter message. It was one of our cartoon Roger Rabbit ones and Les with just stockins and sussies...

I picked an email I had sent to a group of swinger mates without looking at what I had sent. I copied and pasted all the addresses into a BCC and sent the picture as an Easter greeting..

The email I had copied and pasted from was a vanilla "warning" message about card fraud and it was sent to playmates and family and friends... So was the picture! We had a few interesting emails back, including one from my brother in New Zealand saying "Thanks for that, always knew she looked good, but WOW!"

Have seperate MSN accounts now

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Anyone else have this problem?

LOL yes. I sent a very explicit text to my lecturer, who is also a priest!!!!! needless to say i went red in teh face as soon i sent it. i then elaborated a very cunning story saying it had dropped out of my pocket and lots of people had recieved rude messages. damn i hated the HTC for that reason. got a samsung now so fingeres crossed lol"

Never had a problem with my HTC! Like any phone, you still have to choose who you send it to!

over a year ago

i texted ad telling i loed him and went to wrong munber,the guy thought it was funny

over a year ago

Only happened to me once. This kind of carelessness worries me.

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple
over a year ago

London

My sister sent me a text, meant for a friend, telling them how she was ripping me off with my inheritance and how funny it all was.

Yeah, I got the last laugh on that one, got lawyers involved the next day, could have had her arrested.

over a year ago

My phone went through a period of making random calls from my contacts list. People would phone me up and I did not have a clue what they were on about then I figured out what was happening.

Smart phones are sometimes dumb (;-)

over a year ago

get messages now and then saying they would love to meet me and my partner for some fun... being a single female it might be rather difficult

Post new Message to Thread