Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Blue passport daily fail meltdown

Jump to newest

By *ccasionalfun OP   Couple
over a year ago

hereandthere

Just seen a link on line on the dailypoke where people on Twitter have shot down the daily mail and their tears over blue passports being made in France.

It's really funny. It's laughable how a paper who's owners live in tax exile can go full snowflake over where they are made. Are these not the people who were saying we can trade with the world ,well that's what's happening.

Who would have thought where a passport was made would cause such a fuss.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The only issue I have is if it would mean they take longer to deliver. Although, if they come by air from France,that could be quicker than train in the UK.

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple
over a year ago

chester

Never understood the fuss! You could always have a blue passport. It was perfectly legal to buy a slip cover to go over the red one so your book of blue was blue again. Plenty of places sold them.

By *ccasionalfun OP   Couple
over a year ago

hereandthere

Maybe a blue passport for people who want to pay more for everything and not have the open borders across Europe.

Peolle who want to carry on trading with the biggest market and open borders carry on with the current ones.

The daily fail readers would love that

over a year ago

chester

will the French printed ones have to come through customs once we leave the EU?

That should make for some interesting conversations when your passport is late arriving.

over a year ago

chester

Buy the blue slip cover...it's a win win if anyone is fussed about it.

I must admit though there is something worrying about this development....it's a pretty poor indication of our ability to do much of anything if something as basic but as important (security-wise) as a passport can't find a competitive printing source in the U.K.

over a year ago

chester

" It's laughable how a paper who's owners live in tax exile can go full snowflake over where they are made.

Who would have thought where a passport was made would cause such a fuss."

All fodder for keeping the sheeple agitated!

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I’m really not bothered about the colour of my passport, my current one has eight years to run and I hope that before then I’m living in France and can throw it away.

It does seem a shame that we can’t make them in the UK as we have some slick and sophisticated print companies here.

While I take the headlines of all papers with a pinch of salt I like reading the Mail.

I’m also increasingly suspicious of many BBC (no, not big black cocks) stories / views and note that many listeners are turning away from R4. Fake news will be all we have.

Post new Message to Thread