Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ladies Eyebrows...

Jump to newest

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Just home from a bit of retail therapy with my 17yearold son... whilst walking through the shopping centre he casually said "Mum, whats with these freaky eyebrows?! They are everywhere! They dont even look nice!" And I had to agree

Pretty girls completely ruining their faces with big oddly shaped black brows, strange pointy ends, squared off at the top of their noses.

Come on... whats it all about?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Just home from a bit of retail therapy with my 17yearold son... whilst walking through the shopping centre he casually said "Mum, whats with these freaky eyebrows?! They are everywhere! They dont even look nice!" And I had to agree

Pretty girls completely ruining their faces with big oddly shaped black brows, strange pointy ends, squared off at the top of their noses.

Come on... whats it all about? "

no idea...im a bit past it for that craze.... thank fcuk

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Just home from a bit of retail therapy with my 17yearold son... whilst walking through the shopping centre he casually said "Mum, whats with these freaky eyebrows?! They are everywhere! They dont even look nice!" And I had to agree

no idea...im a bit past it for that craze.... thank fcuk "

I know! We get loads of women and girls coming into the shop I work at with them. They’re so big, thick and black they look like slugs!

over a year ago

They are huge as well aren't they! And so many of them are having them microbladed so seems quite permanent solution for what is likely to be a fad.

Ginger

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

no idea...im a bit past it for that craze.... thank fcuk "

Me too

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Chavvy teen girls mainly. Fashion victims. You can see their real eyebrows under the painted on ones, Painted on with a decorator's emulsion brush.

They look ridiculous.

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

no idea...im a bit past it for that craze.... thank fcuk

I know! We get loads of women and girls coming into the shop I work at with them. They’re so big, thick and black they look like slugs! "

Haha yes thats the ones... slugs!

over a year ago

I don't understand it. If I can't be arsed to even plunk the things I won't be interested in drawing them on each day.

Each to their own!

By *uicy72Woman
over a year ago

North Colchester

Looks bloody awful

Really pleased my 2 daughters don’t do that

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

It's just the fashion at the moment it'll pass.

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"They are huge as well aren't they! And so many of them are having them microbladed so seems quite permanent solution for what is likely to be a fad.

Ginger "

What microbladed? Permanent? Crikey thats a worry!

over a year ago

"I don't understand it. If I can't be arsed to even plunk the things I won't be interested in drawing them on each day.

Each to their own! "

i miss that game

over a year ago

"They are huge as well aren't they! And so many of them are having them microbladed so seems quite permanent solution for what is likely to be a fad.

Ginger

What microbladed? Permanent? Crikey thats a worry!"

I've seen places advertising they tattoo them on

over a year ago

I was about to start a topic on this too.

Why do women remove perfectly good eyebrows then paint (or tattoo!) on ones that make them look like some scary creature from a science fiction film!

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Chavvy teen girls mainly. Fashion victims. You can see their real eyebrows under the painted on ones, Painted on with a decorator's emulsion brush.

They look ridiculous."

Chavvy teen girl's?! Don't be mean,did you never follow a fashion as a teenager?

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"It's just the fashion at the moment it'll pass."

Really? I like to think I follow 'fashion'... not that im bang on trend by any means but I have an appreciation for designers and love London Fashion Week. Believe me there are some freaky looks on those runways but ive never seen these slug brows... I wonder where they are getting the idea from?

By *abe123200Man
over a year ago

peterborough

Some of them look scary

over a year ago

"I was about to start a topic on this too.

Why do women remove perfectly good eyebrows then paint (or tattoo!) on ones that make them look like some scary creature from a science fiction film! "

well as no one on here does it, why not try asking one who does

over a year ago

Fashion I guess! Or maybe trying to copy the shape of some celeb's brows without first considering whether they will suit their own face-shape

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

Ginger

What microbladed? Permanent? Crikey thats a worry!

I've seen places advertising they tattoo them on "

Now thats scarey... theres a Brow Bar in Uxbridge where they thread brows and then tint whats left for £40...(we had a look in the interestof research!)

over a year ago

"Chavvy teen girls mainly. Fashion victims. You can see their real eyebrows under the painted on ones, Painted on with a decorator's emulsion brush.

They look ridiculous."

Most that I see are much older than teens!

By *on BurgundieMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

How can they spend hard earned cash waxing their lady bits and then have the Bulgarian shot-putters trimmings stuck above their eyes. It's mad!!!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

It's the result of the many make up bloggers that are posting on social media and you tube but I let them get on with it! It's not my face or eyebrows you could question in the 80's and 90's why did girls wear bright blue eye shadow of back comb their hair to an inch of its life! We look back and think oh my what was they thinking? Fashion evolves and so does make up!

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"Some of them look scary"

They do... the ladies on the tills in Primarni all had the exact same shape... all six of them. It looked very odd!

over a year ago

Ginger

What microbladed? Permanent? Crikey thats a worry!"

I think it's like tatooing but not as deep so in theory it shouldn't be permanent as a tattoo but wouldn't take that chance

over a year ago

I’ve seen them around, not for me. Mine are naturally thick so I just have them waxed to tidy the shape up but that’s enough xx

over a year ago

"Some of them look scary

They do... the ladies on the tills in Primarni all had the exact same shape... all six of them. It looked very odd! "

Were you in Stepford?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I like them.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

...and then there's the huge fake eyelashes...

By *ilmiss75Woman
over a year ago

Thornton

They look ridiculous."

I'm not a Chavy teen or a fashion victim.

There are ways of doing things.. Some don't do it properly.. some do.. lol

By *abe123200Man
over a year ago

peterborough

"Some of them look scary

They do... the ladies on the tills in Primarni all had the exact same shape... all six of them. It looked very odd! "

Yeah those eyes brows and attitude not for me lol

over a year ago

Oh thank god a thread I can bitch about a girl at work over. Every day she comes in with this massive things on her face, they look ridiculous!! I have no idea what my residents make of ‘them’ lol.

Geeky x

over a year ago

I’m hoping it’s just a craze some are so huge it’s scary

over a year ago

It's crazy to be honest. I was ordering food the other day and the last behind the counter and white blonde hair and the biggest black eyebrows I'd ever seen. Kept ordering wrong because I was side tracked by the eyebrows.

over a year ago

It's not just the size, some of the shapes are pretty weird!

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"Oh thank god a thread I can bitch about a girl at work over. Every day she comes in with this massive things on her face, they look ridiculous!! I have no idea what my residents make of ‘them’ lol.

Geeky x"

Slugs! Im liking that description

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"It's crazy to be honest. I was ordering food the other day and the last behind the counter and white blonde hair and the biggest black eyebrows I'd ever seen. Kept ordering wrong because I was side tracked by the eyebrows."

This x10! I was trying to pay for my flipflops in Primarni and couldn't concentrate... all SIX cashiers has exactly the same eyebrows... like they came out of a FuzzyFelt box... very weird!

over a year ago

Perhaps it's a cult. The eyebrows are taking over the World!...

over a year ago

I have my eyebrows microbladed as they are pretty sparse so I don't get the shape I want naturally. I absolutely love them! Plus it makes plucking the strays easier as i have a guide. I still have my real eyebrows... its just another form of enhancement that we are all victim of.

Done correctly they can finish off a face perfectly

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I have my eyebrows microbladed as they are pretty sparse so I don't get the shape I want naturally. I absolutely love them! Plus it makes plucking the strays easier as i have a guide. I still have my real eyebrows... its just another form of enhancement that we are all victim of.

Done correctly they can finish off a face perfectly "

Sorry... what is this microblading? What does it involve?

over a year ago

"I have my eyebrows microbladed as they are pretty sparse so I don't get the shape I want naturally. I absolutely love them! Plus it makes plucking the strays easier as i have a guide. I still have my real eyebrows... its just another form of enhancement that we are all victim of.

Sorry... what is this microblading? What does it involve?"

It involves what looks like a scalpel making tiny cuts into the epidermis in a hair stroke like fashion. Then ink which matches your natural hair colour is applied. The skin heals encasing the ink, a bit like a tattoo but not as permanent. Plenty on Google about it

over a year ago

"It's crazy to be honest. I was ordering food the other day and the last behind the counter and white blonde hair and the biggest black eyebrows I'd ever seen. Kept ordering wrong because I was side tracked by the eyebrows.

This x10! I was trying to pay for my flipflops in Primarni and couldn't concentrate... all SIX cashiers has exactly the same eyebrows... like they came out of a FuzzyFelt box... very weird! "

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Nope....dont get it either

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

It involves what looks like a scalpel making tiny cuts into the epidermis in a hair stroke like fashion. Then ink which matches your natural hair colour is applied. The skin heals encasing the ink, a bit like a tattoo but not as permanent. Plenty on Google about it"

A scalpel Bloody Nora that sounds painful!

over a year ago

High Def brows have alot to answer for.

The current craze has gone on to 4k UHD brows. It's a damn site resist bring a bloke,

For me it's as follows:

"Do they meet in the middle?"

"No"

"Job done!"

"

over a year ago

It involves what looks like a scalpel making tiny cuts into the epidermis in a hair stroke like fashion. Then ink which matches your natural hair colour is applied. The skin heals encasing the ink, a bit like a tattoo but not as permanent. Plenty on Google about it

A scalpel Bloody Nora that sounds painful!"

Meh. One man's pain is another's pleasure...

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

A scalpel Bloody Nora that sounds painful!

Meh. One man's pain is another's pleasure..."

I get that... I love a bit of whippy spanky pain but scalpels on my eyebrows?... Nah, I will stick with my fair eyebrows

over a year ago

Memo to self, proof read posts better. Should have been it's much easier being a bloke. Opps

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman
over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

"It's just the fashion at the moment it'll pass.

Really? I like to think I follow 'fashion'... not that im bang on trend by any means but I have an appreciation for designers and love London Fashion Week. Believe me there are some freaky looks on those runways but ive never seen these slug brows... I wonder where they are getting the idea from?"

Instagram mostly!!

By *essandpatCouple
over a year ago

chester

I have a 16 year old daughter and I do think to my self why just why x

over a year ago

Really? I like to think I follow 'fashion'... not that im bang on trend by any means but I have an appreciation for designers and love London Fashion Week. Believe me there are some freaky looks on those runways but ive never seen these slug brows... I wonder where they are getting the idea from? Instagram mostly!! "

..and Star Trek!

over a year ago

All for women looking good and following fashion and who the fuck am I to judge, but living in Liverpool it's not just teens walking around with caterpillars on there face but older women too. Looks fuckin ridiculous.

By *leasant passionate manMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Scouse brows have been around for years now. Check out the halo brow

over a year ago

I’m guessing done right they would look fine but a disaster is easily made

over a year ago

It’s not just the eyebrows it’s the big eyelashes and heavy on the make up as well. It’s like the freak show has came to town.

Natural beauty with minimal makeup is far more attractive.

over a year ago

"It’s not just the eyebrows it’s the big eyelashes and heavy on the make up as well. It’s like the freak show has came to town.

Natural beauty with minimal makeup is far more attractive. "

Definitely, I think it makes women look older than they are.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"It’s not just the eyebrows it’s the big eyelashes and heavy on the make up as well. It’s like the freak show has came to town.

Definitely, I think it makes women look older than they are. "

The foundation line stopping at the chin/ jaw

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

The foundation line stopping at the chin/ jaw "

And that orangey glow that stops by the ears

over a year ago

I prefer the drawn on mustache look.

I carry it quite well

over a year ago

So wrong but wanna offend anyone, if that's what they're into.

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I’m guessing done right they would look fine but a disaster is easily made "

I would hope so, if its done to a natural shape and the same colour as her natural brows.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

And that orangey glow that stops by the ears "

...just don't forget the huge fake lashes

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Honestly it's following from the lines of contouring, it's all stolen from drag queens

over a year ago

Got plenty of magic markers and sharpie pens here

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"It's crazy to be honest. I was ordering food the other day and the last behind the counter and white blonde hair and the biggest black eyebrows I'd ever seen. Kept ordering wrong because I was side tracked by the eyebrows."

Haha, I need to go play 'I-spy' in a mall!

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I wonder.. the ones that are just drawn on and coloured... do they run or smudge off when they are having sex?

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

"It's just the fashion at the moment it'll pass."

Just like perms, Mullets, Beards and ketwigs or whatever you call them,

They all come and go over time and people look back and think wtf was I doing

over a year ago

"Honestly it's following from the lines of contouring, it's all stolen from drag queens"

Hit nail on head there thinking about it. But it suits drags.

over a year ago

I remember when I was about 14 and I just got into make up, my aunt said to me about the foundation stopping at my chin and bought me a book to help me, most useful thing she ever did for me!! I’m still paranoid about it to this day!

Geeky x

over a year ago

Ahh the affliction of the “Scouse” brow

Although the Essex girlies round here seem to have adopted it as their own too haha

It’s a strong look that’s for sure..

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Just like perms, Mullets, Beards and ketwigs or whatever you call them,

They all come and go over time and people look back and think wtf was I doing "

over a year ago

It's because fashion has gone from small, thin, pencilled in brows to thicker brows and lots of women have over plucked in the past and now need to draw them in bigger and thicker... I used to wear a thick white stripe across my nose and under my eyes.. Thanks Mr Ant !!!

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

I remember when I was about 14 and I just got into make up, my aunt said to me about the foundation stopping at my chin and bought me a book to help me, most useful thing she ever did for me!! I’m still paranoid about it to this day!

Geeky x"

When I was 14 it was all Adam Ant and Visage heavy make up but it was never semi permanant like this microblading

By *ransGuyTV/TS
over a year ago

Cardiff

I almost got myself in trouble the first time I came across a girl with eyebrows that looked absolutely ridiculous.

I was behind a mother and daughter in a queue and the daughter turned around to talk to her Mum. Seriously, my first reaction to her huge black eyebrows was to laugh out loud! Thankfully I managed to control myself enough to get away with turning away and smiling.

I actually feel sorry for the young ladies who do it to themselves. Growing up/school/fitting in is hellish at the best of times but to then make yourself look like you have 2 massive slugs on your face just because it is apparently trendy?!

The only time I have seen the huge eyebrows look even close to good is on a full face of dramatic makeup because then they blend in more to the over all look. Most of the time I see them and they are so over the top with not a lot of other makeup to balance them out, they really do look shocking when you're caught off guard! It's not a good look by any stretch of the imagination!

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I got hold of my niece a week ago and rubbed part of them out with my fingers telling her they looked stupid. Sounds harsh but fuck me they looked stupid!!

By *tonMess OP   Couple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I got hold of my niece a week ago and rubbed part of them out with my fingers telling her they looked stupid. Sounds harsh but fuck me they looked stupid!!"

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

They look ridiculous.

Chavvy teen girl's?! Don't be mean,did you never follow a fashion as a teenager?"

I can't speak for this poster, but I can say I didn't follow any fashion fad when I was a teen. I have never plucked my eyebrows, had false lashes, in fact I rarely even wear make up.

Not every woman is a fashion victim.

Post new Message to Thread