By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

has anyone had to change from ESA too universal credit

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"has anyone had to change from ESA too universal credit "

Looks like you could do with some friends with benefits.

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

we got plenty of them lol

over a year ago

"has anyone had to change from ESA too universal credit

Looks like you could do with some friends with benefits."

No I haven't as I work.

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

over a year ago

It doesn't effect me but I've read people are loosing a lot of money in doing so....but that seems the norm with this government.

Do you have a choice atm in changing?

over a year ago

I don’t think it’s anyone’s business if the OP drinks, smokes or has tattoos, and i really don’t think it’s worth making comments about.

To answer the question, no OP - no changes here (at the moment).

over a year ago

I wasn’t aware that ESA was changing over to universal credit, just some income support, jobseekers and new claims x

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I wasn’t aware that ESA was changing over to universal credit, just some income support, jobseekers and new claims x "

All benefits are switching over to universal credits one by one

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"I don’t think it’s anyone’s business if the OP drinks, smokes or has tattoos, and i really don’t think it’s worth making comments about.

To answer the question, no OP - no changes here (at the moment)."

Totally agree...... how judgemental of people who have no clue of circumstances

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/03/18 07:26:51]

over a year ago

I work in a business where we are advised of changes in benefits. From what I've seen it will be crippling people when it changes by 2021.

I agree wholeheartedly with changes to benefits but only if the work supply supports it.

Currently it doesn't. There's so many people now with agencies, on temporary contracts and zero hour contracts.

I work and receive benefits. It will affect me but I'm preparing for it.

By *xycpl699Couple
over a year ago

kilmarnock

you cld ask for review or appeal if your not happy. I had to it took 6 months to sort it out though very stressful. hollie

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 21/03/18 07:41:36]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/03/18 07:41:40]

over a year ago

I went down the universal credit route when I was a carer for a family member. I did a calculation checker first and it said I should at least get child tax credit on top of my measly carers allowance.

Well Hours spent doing online forms and sending them proof of who I am along side telling them every pay slip I've recieved in the last year- to a penny not a estimated amount. And a meeting with a advisor which took me away from the person who needed care and cost me money in petrol and parking.

And it came back that was entitled to nothing. Carers allowance was £62.70 a week! I would have got more signing on instead and if I had gone through tax credits instead of universal credit I would have received money as it doesn't take in your housing costs ( I live with the person I give care to so have no associated costs)

So now I'm working part time and looking after the person that needs care. During this time I have been working he's had to go to a&e twice and has got a bacterial infection as well as overdosing on pain relief and not taken his daily pills. So that inturn has had a big impact on all of our wellbeing and extra stain on the NHS. The system is messed up especially for care givers

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 21/03/18 07:41:36]"

It's the norm for some people...you know the saying.....if you can't say nothing nice...say feck all..

over a year ago

evesham

"[Removed by poster at 21/03/18 07:41:36]

It's the norm for some people...you know the saying.....if you can't say nothing nice...say feck all.."

Which is why I deleted my post haha

Seriously though.... The OP hasn't asked for comments in their lifestyle or for employment status of others.

Just some nasty, unnecessary comments on here as usual

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

It's the norm for some people...you know the saying.....if you can't say nothing nice...say feck all..

Seriously though.... The OP hasn't asked for comments in their lifestyle or for employment status of others.

Just some nasty, unnecessary comments on here as usual "

over a year ago

Just some nasty, unnecessary comments on here as usual "

I totally agree with you and think it's against forum rules to comment on a profile when not asked to.

It boils my piss at times the lack of compassion on here and how quick some are to knock the less fortunate.

over a year ago

I commented because I work. I earn minimum wage and on zero hours contract. I don't even qualify for benefits except child benefit (family allowance).

I struggle every month to make ends meet and at the moment I'm not sure if I'll be able to pay my rent this month but I'd rather do that than claim benefits!!

I certainly wouldn't come on to a public forum on a site like this to ask for benefit advice.

There are jobs out there, people just need to go out there and find them.

I clean toilets as part of my job. I also serve obnoxious people. But I hold my head high because I'm prepared to do whatever it takes and do as many hours as I can to support my family.

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I commented because I work. I earn minimum wage and on zero hours contract. I don't even qualify for benefits except child benefit (family allowance).

I struggle every month to make ends meet and at the moment I'm not sure if I'll be able to pay my rent this month but I'd rather do that than claim benefits!!

I certainly wouldn't come on to a public forum on a site like this to ask for benefit advice.

I clean toilets as part of my job. I also serve obnoxious people. But I hold my head high because I'm prepared to do whatever it takes and do as many hours as I can to support my family. "

Bless you. And proud you should be xx

over a year ago

"I commented because I work. I earn minimum wage and on zero hours contract. I don't even qualify for benefits except child benefit (family allowance).

I clean toilets as part of my job. I also serve obnoxious people. But I hold my head high because I'm prepared to do whatever it takes and do as many hours as I can to support my family. "

Have you given it a thought that the op is on ESA?

This is not JSA and can be complex as she is not working due to a health condition.

I know times are hard for people in work too....but turning on someone else who you know nothing about is not the answer.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I admire you for this, greatest respect to you

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

But how do you not know there circumstances arent the same is yours? Im sure your comment wasnt meant to be derogatory towards them but it came at the same time someone else made a sarcastic comment ( not saying yours was) as for asking advise on here, i may agree with you, however compared to some advise on here it was fairly mild

over a year ago

evesham

Not everyone is the same as you, not everyone can work as many hours as it takes.

It's very commendable that you have a strong work ethic and are able to commit to that but not everyone is.

Not everyone on benefits are lazy and just not getting a job because they can't be arsed. You're making massive assumptions if the OP.

I have never claimed any benefits in my working life either but I don't judge those that do. I too have cleaned toilets, served the public and dealt with God awful people while smiling sweetly at them. I dint think that makes me any better if a person or entitled to pass judgment on other based on one question they gave asked.

Your original comment was unnecessary, your follow up provided some context but again dud not relate to the OP's post. They weren't asking for advice on his to get a job, they were asking for people's experience with switching to universal credit. They weren't asking for advice on how to do it or not.

The forums are often used to get advice and information on a while range of things from medical, financial and practical issues.

over a year ago

The OP asked a question. She didn’t specify why or on whose behalf she was asking. That’s her business.

But commenting on tattoos, smoking and her lifestyle before knowing full facts etc is just unwarranted and unnecessary.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Don't discuss what is on the OP's profile to have your dig as being personal and nit picking a profile is not allowed

over a year ago

No one cares if you work and how shit the job is. The girl asked for advice and people start talking about themselves without any advice. Pure narcissistic.

over a year ago

every time the minimum wage goes up my working tax credit goes down and i always end up worse off than before - what i get now is minimal so im at the point where i will no longer claim soon which for me personally i am more than happy about - think the biggest drop was when minimum wage hit £7 - worked out i was about 80 a month worse off and that was huge difference - if i had been counting every penny at that point it would have been the difference between food or not - i see why its like this as its partly to get people off benefits and im all for that

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

OK back to the OP please and any advice anyone has

over a year ago

"I went down the universal credit route when I was a carer for a family member. I did a calculation checker first and it said I should at least get child tax credit on top of my measly carers allowance.

Well Hours spent doing online forms and sending them proof of who I am along side telling them every pay slip I've recieved in the last year- to a penny not a estimated amount. And a meeting with a advisor which took me away from the person who needed care and cost me money in petrol and parking.

And it came back that was entitled to nothing. Carers allowance was £62.70 a week! I would have got more signing on instead and if I had gone through tax credits instead of universal credit I would have received money as it doesn't take in your housing costs ( I live with the person I give care to so have no associated costs)

So now I'm working part time and looking after the person that needs care. During this time I have been working he's had to go to a&e twice and has got a bacterial infection as well as overdosing on pain relief and not taken his daily pills. So that inturn has had a big impact on all of our wellbeing and extra stain on the NHS. The system is messed up especially for care givers"

It is very, my son needs constant care so at the moment he’s not getting social care support ( long complicated story) so I can’t work. Carers allowance is pitiful and doesn’t really cover the hours I have to be available for him. Yet I’m looked at with disdain because I’m on benefits, yet I save the government hundreds of pounds a week because I choose to keep him at home and not put him into residential care. Sorry rant over x

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I clean toilets as part of my job. I also serve obnoxious people. But I hold my head high because I'm prepared to do whatever it takes and do as many hours as I can to support my family.

Not everyone is the same as you, not everyone can work as many hours as it takes.

It's very commendable that you have a strong work ethic and are able to commit to that but not everyone is.

Not everyone on benefits are lazy and just not getting a job because they can't be arsed. You're making massive assumptions if the OP.

I have never claimed any benefits in my working life either but I don't judge those that do. I too have cleaned toilets, served the public and dealt with God awful people while smiling sweetly at them. I dint think that makes me any better if a person or entitled to pass judgment on other based on one question they gave asked.

Your original comment was unnecessary, your follow up provided some context but again dud not relate to the OP's post. They weren't asking for advice on his to get a job, they were asking for people's experience with switching to universal credit. They weren't asking for advice on how to do it or not.

The forums are often used to get advice and information on a while range of things from medical, financial and practical issues. "

I fully understand why people dont join the forums which is a shame, but what would make people read a thread and think hmmm I'll be horrible, even if i dont know all the facts,ive always said anyone can challenge me on anything but i have 2 rules, do it respectfully and kmow your facts when you do it.....

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I went down the universal credit route when I was a carer for a family member. I did a calculation checker first and it said I should at least get child tax credit on top of my measly carers allowance.

So now I'm working part time and looking after the person that needs care. During this time I have been working he's had to go to a&e twice and has got a bacterial infection as well as overdosing on pain relief and not taken his daily pills. So that inturn has had a big impact on all of our wellbeing and extra stain on the NHS. The system is messed up especially for care givers

It is very, my son needs constant care so at the moment he’s not getting social care support ( long complicated story) so I can’t work. Carers allowance is pitiful and doesn’t really cover the hours I have to be available for him. Yet I’m looked at with disdain because I’m on benefits, yet I save the government hundreds of pounds a week because I choose to keep him at home and not put him into residential care. Sorry rant over x "

Well said Angie . Some people's comments on here are fuckin outrageous. I've never claimed a benefit in my life but I know plenty of wonderful people who do . Lots of various circumstances and to presume theyre all fat lazy layabouts who get pissed all day and smoke 30 fags is bloody awful . Very Bitchy comments . I wish you well Angie

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

It is very, my son needs constant care so at the moment he’s not getting social care support ( long complicated story) so I can’t work. Carers allowance is pitiful and doesn’t really cover the hours I have to be available for him. Yet I’m looked at with disdain because I’m on benefits, yet I save the government hundreds of pounds a week because I choose to keep him at home and not put him into residential care. Sorry rant over x Well said Angie . Some people's comments on here are fuckin outrageous. I've never claimed a benefit in my life but I know plenty of wonderful people who do . Lots of various circumstances and to presume theyre all fat lazy layabouts who get pissed all day and smoke 30 fags is bloody awful . Very Bitchy comments . I wish you well Angie "

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

The only experience i know of with this change over is my friend moved from ESA to Universal credit and it took forever... think she was without benefit for 3 weeks in total which she got in the end but of course that didnt help at the time. The amount she received was the same.

Hope you have a better time of it.

over a year ago

It is very, my son needs constant care so at the moment he’s not getting social care support ( long complicated story) so I can’t work. Carers allowance is pitiful and doesn’t really cover the hours I have to be available for him. Yet I’m looked at with disdain because I’m on benefits, yet I save the government hundreds of pounds a week because I choose to keep him at home and not put him into residential care. Sorry rant over x Well said Angie . Some people's comments on here are fuckin outrageous. I've never claimed a benefit in my life but I know plenty of wonderful people who do . Lots of various circumstances and to presume theyre all fat lazy layabouts who get pissed all day and smoke 30 fags is bloody awful . Very Bitchy comments . I wish you well Angie "

Thank you slim, I don’t wish my lifestyle on anyone and it’s not one I chose. But if I made the choice go put my sons into care and not face up to my responsibilities then society would judge me harshly for that. Therefore the grace of god go i is my mantra. You never know what is going to happen x

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

I think I'm right in saying that a new claim to Universal Credit takes (should take) 5/6 weeks to process.

To be honest though I would make an appointment at your local Citizens Advice Bureau, they will know the current rules etc and should be more than willing to help.

The training these people get is noteworthy. I would also seek clarity from them and your local jobcentre about whether you have to change over.

Best of luck - it's a minefield.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

It is very, my son needs constant care so at the moment he’s not getting social care support ( long complicated story) so I can’t work. Carers allowance is pitiful and doesn’t really cover the hours I have to be available for him. Yet I’m looked at with disdain because I’m on benefits, yet I save the government hundreds of pounds a week because I choose to keep him at home and not put him into residential care. Sorry rant over x Well said Angie . Some people's comments on here are fuckin outrageous. I've never claimed a benefit in my life but I know plenty of wonderful people who do . Lots of various circumstances and to presume theyre all fat lazy layabouts who get pissed all day and smoke 30 fags is bloody awful . Very Bitchy comments . I wish you well Angie

Thank you slim, I don’t wish my lifestyle on anyone and it’s not one I chose. But if I made the choice go put my sons into care and not face up to my responsibilities then society would judge me harshly for that. Therefore the grace of god go i is my mantra. You never know what is going to happen x "

Very true Angie. Unfortunately bad shit only seems to happen to people who are already under pressure . Give your son all the love you can and ignore the haters

over a year ago

People can be so fucking judgemental! I claim benefits. Because I've been fighting cancer and couldn't work. Not all of us that accept help are lazy wasters. I worked through chemotherapy last time and it almost killed me!

Yes OP, it all changed here back before shitmas. Had to wait 6 weeks for a payment. You can apply for an advance whilst you're waiting but it's more a loan than an advance and they'll take payments from your benefits to pay it back.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"People can be so fucking judgemental! I claim benefits. Because I've been fighting cancer and couldn't work. Not all of us that accept help are lazy wasters. I worked through chemotherapy last time and it almost killed me!

Yes OP, it all changed here back before shitmas. Had to wait 6 weeks for a payment. You can apply for an advance whilst you're waiting but it's more a loan than an advance and they'll take payments from your benefits to pay it back."

Well said Strumps . You all sorted now??

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"People can be so fucking judgemental! I claim benefits. Because I've been fighting cancer and couldn't work. Not all of us that accept help are lazy wasters. I worked through chemotherapy last time and it almost killed me!

Yes OP, it all changed here back before shitmas. Had to wait 6 weeks for a payment. You can apply for an advance whilst you're waiting but it's more a loan than an advance and they'll take payments from your benefits to pay it back."

Yes if you do go down that route ask about advances.

Good point!

And glad to hear about your fight - keep it up - inspirational!

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

It's interesting that bar one of the judgemental people who have commented on here havent replied or made further comment, it apoears they like to drop a bomb then run......poor

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"It's interesting that bar one of the judgemental people who have commented on here havent replied or made further comment, it apoears they like to drop a bomb then run......poor "
well said

over a year ago

Yes OP, it all changed here back before shitmas. Had to wait 6 weeks for a payment. You can apply for an advance whilst you're waiting but it's more a loan than an advance and they'll take payments from your benefits to pay it back. Well said Strumps . You all sorted now??"

Getting paid...but not enough. Hoping the doc will give me the ok to go back to work soon!

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"It's interesting that bar one of the judgemental people who have commented on here havent replied or made further comment, it apoears they like to drop a bomb then run......poor well said "

Thank you sir

over a year ago

Yes OP, it all changed here back before shitmas. Had to wait 6 weeks for a payment. You can apply for an advance whilst you're waiting but it's more a loan than an advance and they'll take payments from your benefits to pay it back.

Yes if you do go down that route ask about advances.

Good point!

And glad to hear about your fight - keep it up - inspirational! "

I dunno about inspirational...but thank you

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Yes OP, it all changed here back before shitmas. Had to wait 6 weeks for a payment. You can apply for an advance whilst you're waiting but it's more a loan than an advance and they'll take payments from your benefits to pay it back. Well said Strumps . You all sorted now??

Getting paid...but not enough. Hoping the doc will give me the ok to go back to work soon! "

Good luck and keep smiling

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Yes OP, it all changed here back before shitmas. Had to wait 6 weeks for a payment. You can apply for an advance whilst you're waiting but it's more a loan than an advance and they'll take payments from your benefits to pay it back. Well said Strumps . You all sorted now??

Getting paid...but not enough. Hoping the doc will give me the ok to go back to work soon! "

Well you know I wish you all the best my little Strumpet xx

over a year ago

Getting paid...but not enough. Hoping the doc will give me the ok to go back to work soon!

Good luck and keep smiling "

Thank you

over a year ago

Getting paid...but not enough. Hoping the doc will give me the ok to go back to work soon! Well you know I wish you all the best my little Strumpet xx"

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Do you know why people like you have to do shitty jobs for crap money?

It's because they take pride in being treated like shit and direct their anger against people even worse off than them rather than directing their anger against the people who are screwing them and the people on benefits.

over a year ago

It is very, my son needs constant care so at the moment he’s not getting social care support ( long complicated story) so I can’t work. Carers allowance is pitiful and doesn’t really cover the hours I have to be available for him. Yet I’m looked at with disdain because I’m on benefits, yet I save the government hundreds of pounds a week because I choose to keep him at home and not put him into residential care. Sorry rant over x "

Take no notice angie, mentioning benifits always gets my back up as it brings the channel 5 mob out. Brain washed by the government. People on benefits only makes up around 20% of people. You want to complain where your hard earned tax goes? It goes to mps claiming £130 a meal ticket more than what people get on benifits in a week. Money for their second house. Get paid £90 an hour just to sit in the House of Parliament. Angie look after your child an be proud. Best job there is. God for bid anyone else should be put in that situation

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"It's interesting that bar one of the judgemental people who have commented on here havent replied or made further comment, it apoears they like to drop a bomb then run......poor "

That could be because the mod asked people to get back to the question, let's all do that please

By *ammers43Man
over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"It's interesting that bar one of the judgemental people who have commented on here havent replied or made further comment, it apoears they like to drop a bomb then run......poor

That could be because the mod asked people to get back to the question, let's all do that please"

Ok fair enough

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I don't know too much about universal credit apart from that I have seen it to not be very fair. I know a couple who had saved before one was made redundant, for a deposit on a house. When they had to change from Working Tax Benefit and Child Tax Benefit to Universal Credit, they couldn't change, they were entitled to nothing because they had a deposit for the house.

Instead of being able to buy the house, they had to spend their savings to live until eventually they will have none left and then have to claim help with their rent. The Dream of buying a house is over for them unless financially something amazing happens.

I know that you shouldn't be claiming benefits if there could be enough left over to save. But they had been saving for years before they had a drastic change of situation and were entitled to claim working tax benefit and child benefit. They weren't claiming a great amount just whatever they were entitled to help them make ends meet.

When it changed over it ended their dream of buying a home.

I also know somebody else who throughout their working life had had extremely high paid jobs but had lived the high life and spent everything. When they got made redundant, they got help with absolutely everything, the mortgage paid, money towards bills and council tax and some money to live off. Plus the chance to go on lots of courses and re educate themselves.

I don't have details of all the individual circumstances, but to me it looks like if you try to save to buy your own home, you are penalised, and the person who spent everything seem to get looked after much bette, than someone saving and budgeting.

it just seems to me like it shouldn't be like that.

There should be some middle ground or, if your savings were definitely just for a deposit on the house then I still feel you should have a chance of buying your home.

Obviously you shouldn't be able to claim benefits that leave you enough to be able to save but the system just doesn't seem fair to me from the little that I know.

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

yes and it was a nighmare 12 weeks with no money then they still got it wrong .left us in rent counciltax etc arrears still recovering a year later now working and we get the princley sum of 1p a month for our rent .

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

I have a family at work who had a very different attitude to you which resulted in their adult child going into permanent residential care - the cost is over £2,600 per week. The “child” was only in their 40’s so potentially has many, many years ahead in that setting. If you need any help, or want a chat, give me a shout x

B x

over a year ago

"

It is very, my son needs constant care so at the moment he’s not getting social care support ( long complicated story) so I can’t work. Carers allowance is pitiful and doesn’t really cover the hours I have to be available for him. Yet I’m looked at with disdain because I’m on benefits, yet I save the government hundreds of pounds a week because I choose to keep him at home and not put him into residential care. Sorry rant over x

I have a family at work who had a very different attitude to you which resulted in their adult child going into permanent residential care - the cost is over £2,600 per week. The “child” was only in their 40’s so potentially has many, many years ahead in that setting. If you need any help, or want a chat, give me a shout x

B x "

Thank you x

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I have a family at work who had a very different attitude to you which resulted in their adult child going into permanent residential care - the cost is over £2,600 per week. The “child” was only in their 40’s so potentially has many, many years ahead in that setting.

B x "

Maybe the parents couldn't cope anymore rather than having a different attitude

over a year ago

Universal credit is a nightmare, I was receiving it while on a 0 hour contract. Put me into debt with several things. Don't be too proud get all the help you can to help you through. Anyone can end up without a job at any moment

over a year ago

You sound bitter that you have a shitty job and other people can't work. Would you rather be unable to work and have no options or a chance to better yourself?

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

too answer your answer im terminaly ill so unable too work hope that clears all the other nasty comments

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

ps I have pulmonary fibrosis which is terminal / angina / 2 stents / and conirary heart problems but hey ho im lazy

over a year ago

You've stated people shouldn't claim benefits because there are enough jobs out there?

So if there are plenty of jobs out there why don't you go and get a better paid one so you won't have to complain about working?

over a year ago

I have a friend who was off sick for just over a year and she was on ESA, they sent her for an assessment and stopped her benefits because they said that although she couldn't do the job she was doing previous she could get another note simple job and thus she was fit for work

She's now had to go back to work before she's had the final all clear from the professor who sees her at the hospital.

The whole sickness benefit system in this country is awful, I really hope you get everything sorted x

over a year ago

"ps I have pulmonary fibrosis which is terminal / angina / 2 stents / and conirary heart problems but hey ho im lazy "

0P I'm really sorry to hear this and hope your are feeling somewhat ok at the moment.

Please try to take some comfort in the fact that more people on this thread will be wishing you well...as opposed to the misinformed posters.

I for one wish you well and hope you manage to get through this without all the financial pit falls at this time.

Take care xx

By *radleyandRavenCouple
over a year ago

Herts

So now I'm working part time and looking after the person that needs care. During this time I have been working he's had to go to a&e twice and has got a bacterial infection as well as overdosing on pain relief and not taken his daily pills. So that inturn has had a big impact on all of our wellbeing and extra stain on the NHS. The system is messed up especially for care givers"

I'm dreading this.

I'm a full-time carer for my Son who has cerebral palsy, epilepsy, visual impairment and global developmental delay. He needs 100% physical assistance as he cannot walk, talk, crawl, sit up or move his own arms and legs.

Even though the change-over won't affect us until he's 16, having read up on it, it scares the shit out of me.

- Amy. x

By *xycpl699Couple
over a year ago

kilmarnock

op have you thought of applying for pip its another hoop to jump through but it helps top universal credit up. if I can help pm me. hollie

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I hate benefits cheats like the next person.

But how can people ascertain the Op’s Situation/health from a Fab profile FFS?

Op I hope you get sorted soon!

How shitty that you had to reveal your health issues on here.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

How shitty that you had to reveal your health issues on here. "

She didn't have to.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

"

She didn't have to."

No but a quick pop quiz reveals peoples attitudes to people receiving them when they don't understand them.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

She still didn't have to, she chose to.

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

It has brought the thread back into perspective quite sharply though. People are now coming forward with advice and experience of the transfer process from ESA to UC... more to come I hope

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

They were doing that anyway , it is just that people won't drop talking about the initial posts when asked to

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

"ps I have pulmonary fibrosis which is terminal / angina / 2 stents / and conirary heart problems but hey ho im lazy

0P I'm really sorry to hear this and hope your are feeling somewhat ok at the moment.

Please try to take some comfort in the fact that more people on this thread will be wishing you well...as opposed to the misinformed posters.

I for one wish you well and hope you manage to get through this without all the financial pit falls at this time.

Take care xx"

thank you o much

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

"op have you thought of applying for pip its another hoop to jump through but it helps top universal credit up. if I can help pm me. hollie "
I have asked for the form thanks

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

"

She didn't have to."

its mr tot with health problem and I was asking for advice

over a year ago

"ps I have pulmonary fibrosis which is terminal / angina / 2 stents / and conirary heart problems but hey ho im lazy

Take care xx thank you o much

"

Your welcome x

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

She didn't have to.its mr tot with health problem and I was asking for advice "

I seem to be talking with fork tongue

over a year ago

What kind of ESA are you on? I know those in a support group don’t have to change over. I’m aware that a lot of people are having trouble with the change over. They’ve recently rolled it out in my area and people are going without money for quite a few weeks.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

So fucking what?

So you feel somehow entitled to kick downwards?

As the tax-avoiding millionaires laugh all the way to the bank....

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I totally agree with you and think it's against forum rules to comment on a profile when not asked to.

It boils my piss at times the lack of compassion on here and how quick some are to knock the less fortunate.

"

That sadly is a sign of the times, people don't care for each other anymore.

Every one has an opinion of things, but as it has been already stated, 'There is a time and a pace'

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

You have hit the nail on the head with your comment, about scroungers on benefits. This is what we first think of when most of us hear about someone on benefits, someone who can work but doesn't want to. This is down to programs like benefit street, and others like it.

We hardly ever think of the people who want to work, but for whatever reason they can't.

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

"What kind of ESA are you on? I know those in a support group don’t have to change over. I’m aware that a lot of people are having trouble with the change over. They’ve recently rolled it out in my area and people are going without money for quite a few weeks."
i was in a support group when we live up north but since moved we have been forced too go on universal credit

over a year ago

there is good info on gov.uk website

over a year ago

"

x2

over a year ago

"has anyone had to change from ESA too universal credit

Looks like you could do with some friends with benefits.

No I haven't as I work. "

Good for you, unfortunately not everyone is lucky enough to be able to work, hence ESA/ formerly known as Incapacity Benefit.

over a year ago

Switching to UC is relatively seem less. The issues I have faced with service users is the wait for money. Going from every 2 weeks to every month can be hard. If you ask UC for a line to cover you they will take a third of your money until the debt is repaid.

Hope that helps

over a year ago

I can understand a certain amount of snobbery towards the stereotypical Jeremy Kyle type claimant but the benefit system was designed for people like yourself, who through no fault of their own find themselves needing some extra help, I’m happy that some my tax/NI contributions finds its way to you and I hope you will be better off on UC when you move over to it.

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

"

I have a family at work who had a very different attitude to you which resulted in their adult child going into permanent residential care - the cost is over £2,600 per week. The “child” was only in their 40’s so potentially has many, many years ahead in that setting.

B x

Maybe the parents couldn't cope anymore rather than having a different attitude"

I wish that were the case. It’s a very sad story but mum did say she should have let the Drs sort him when he was born. I’ve been doing my job for 20 years & you learn to de-sensitise yourself but every now & then a case does get to you. Once I had children of my own I had to change from child protection as that was devastating

over a year ago

"What kind of ESA are you on? I know those in a support group don’t have to change over. I’m aware that a lot of people are having trouble with the change over. They’ve recently rolled it out in my area and people are going without money for quite a few weeks.i was in a support group when we live up north but since moved we have been forced too go on universal credit"

Ahh okay. The main issues have been that it’s all online - you can’t even call anyone about it, and the waiting time for money. Although crisis loans have stopped, there are still ways to get help in between payments.

By *hy-tot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Skellow

well had comfermation we will have just over 300 too live off thanks for nothing uk goverment after serveing 9 years pluss with hmf then worked until I became ill

over a year ago

I used to work as many hours as my job could allow and opted out of the working time directive but it was due to the death of a very close friend who triggered PTSD, as well as agoraphobia and other menthal health issues. I had no choice but to go on benefits and would if I was allowed to shovel shit off the streets if allowed but my Dr does not think that I am able to return to work. What I am trying to say here is that sometimes it is life itself that dictates whether you end up on benefits. I appreciate that you work and struggle but saying you would never have benefits is a little abrupt in my opinion. Should your job end tomorrow and you have children to feed and a roof to keep over their heads, you saying you would prefer to still struggle than get benefits?. ESA is made up of your National Insuarance Contributions that you have paid when you were working so you are just getting something back that you have already paid into. I am now self employed on ESA doing permitted work and would rather be doing so than struggling as some do. Sorry this is long winded but didn't know how to make it any smaller

Post new Message to Thread