Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I've done it again!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've joined a gym... The whole hog, gym, swimming and all classes... Fell out of the "zone" November last year and am fully back in now.

Don't have a pal to go with so have to keep myself motivated alone... So my question to you is... How do I keep myself motivated for the whole of the next 12 months?

At the moment I am fully motivated and I know that will last throughout summer but when the winter starts drawing in again... What can I do??

Any (silly or serious) ideas appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just think of all the perving on hot bodies you can do while you're there!

Think of it as "me time" and while you pound the treadmill or swim those lengths think positively on how you're improving your health and fitness.

I used to have a full membership and used to go up to 6 times a week but changed job and can't afford it now. I also used to go on my own.

I wish you success!

By *eplicant JoWoman
over a year ago

Sussex countryside

Stalk the gym for someone to make friends with? By the autumn they could be your gym buddy

over a year ago

Have a mantra to repeat (in your mind) about how much you're enjoying yourself.

over a year ago

Look at your past success and use that to project your future health / fitness level / weight. Tell yourself that if you get back into those habits this is the success you WILL have.

Good luck x

over a year ago

"Just think of all the perving on hot bodies you can do while you're there!

Think of it as "me time" and while you pound the treadmill or swim those lengths think positively on how you're improving your health and fitness.

I used to have a full membership and used to go up to 6 times a week but changed job and can't afford it now. I also used to go on my own.

I wish you success! "

Thank you

over a year ago

"Stalk the gym for someone to make friends with? By the autumn they could be your gym buddy "

That's a good idea actually... Hadn't thought of that

over a year ago

"Have a mantra to repeat (in your mind) about how much you're enjoying yourself. "

Yeah... Another good idea

over a year ago

"Look at your past success and use that to project your future health / fitness level / weight. Tell yourself that if you get back into those habits this is the success you WILL have.

Good luck x"

Well I have lost 10st over the last 21 months but now is the hard part... I have some great before and after "fat pics" so I ought to do something similar now...

Thank you x

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

I follow a periodised plan through each season - bit of a break in October then off season for November and December and back into pre-season training from January. I pick a couple of A races, usually around June and September, then identify B and C races to practice with kit, nutrition etc.

I also use Training Peaks to track everything and watching things turn green after I've completed the correct time and distance and avoiding red keeps me going. Yes, I'm a geek...

By *arciocialWoman
over a year ago

Leicester

I get the gym staff to set me goals. I haven't been going a great deal of time and found it fairly boring, so I asked them what I could do and they set me challenges/goals.

I mainly get the challenges for the rower and bike as running isn't working for my legs at the minute. But when I can run I will be set a 10k challenge and so on.

over a year ago

"I follow a periodised plan through each season - bit of a break in October then off season for November and December and back into pre-season training from January. I pick a couple of A races, usually around June and September, then identify B and C races to practice with kit, nutrition etc.

I also use Training Peaks to track everything and watching things turn green after I've completed the correct time and distance and avoiding red keeps me going. Yes, I'm a geek..."

Thanks that's really helpful x

over a year ago

"I get the gym staff to set me goals. I haven't been going a great deal of time and found it fairly boring, so I asked them what I could do and they set me challenges/goals.

I mainly get the challenges for the rower and bike as running isn't working for my legs at the minute. But when I can run I will be set a 10k challenge and so on."

The staff at the one I have just joined seem so much better than the gym I joined last year (which is why I lost my motivation) so I decided to try a new one and it seems awesome...

Thanks for the advice... I do appreciate it x

By *arciocialWoman
over a year ago

Leicester

If that doesn't work you could always start watching a Netflix series when you start losing motivation. A girl at the gym I go to, walks at a 15 incline for about an hour and watches Netflix I only found out as I asked her how she can walk for that long and not get bored.

Post new Message to Thread