Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone else as thrilled as I am!!?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

nope not really, just wont be the same as they have all 'matured' and probably wont be off their swedes on class a

over a year ago

"nope not really, just wont be the same as they have all 'matured' and probably wont be off their swedes on class a

"

True... but was too young 1st time round, so as close as im gonna get lol.

x

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Who?

over a year ago

"Who?"

Awwww your my waterfall haha.

And I wanna be adored

x

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Who?

And I wanna be adored

x"

Yes but who are the Stone Roses

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They've been on the "verge of a comeback" for as long as I can remember.

I haven't missed them

over a year ago

"Who?

And I wanna be adored

x

Yes but who are the Stone Roses "

Indie Rock gods according to some

By *opman69Man
over a year ago

Wrexham

Yawn!

Not my cup of tea, always seemed to be full of themselves just like Liam Gallagher!

over a year ago

"Who?

And I wanna be adored

x

Yes but who are the Stone Roses "

A late 80s early 90s band that made "indie" mainstream :D

Kinda legendary to lots of people. Depending on taste I guess

x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Who?"

i'm with you lol

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Who?

i'm with you lol

"

Oh L, you have made me feel better, thought it was my age, please don't tell me you are too young to remember, make an old lady very happy

over a year ago

They were ok I suppose for a fleeting moment in time, but they were never as good as they thought they were, or even as good as some said they were.

In my mind they are not in the same class as Oasis.

That's only my opinion, but I think more would agree with me than would disagree

over a year ago

Not a fan but saw a great tribute band several years ago. "Beefed up" guitar sound made the songs from the first album sound better than the originals.

over a year ago

"They were ok I suppose for a fleeting moment in time, but they were never as good as they thought they were, or even as good as some said they were.

In my mind they are not in the same class as Oasis.

That's only my opinion, but I think more would agree with me than would disagree "

Oh yeh Oasis are the daddies, biggest buzz iv had seeing live bands.

Them and Qotsa are at the top, but the Roses had too many top notch tunes on that 1st album to be dismissed.

Just my opinion though!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

They were very hit and miss the first time around, and that was when they had a good target audience.

Do they have this now?

over a year ago

"They were very hit and miss the first time around, and that was when they had a good target audience.

Do they have this now?"

Theyve a massive cult following now. My phone and facebooks not stopped buzzing about it.

Been built up lots even though Ian couldnt hold a tune in the bathroom lol. Squire makes me wanna dance so fuck it

over a year ago

The first album was a classic and I am proud to say that I saw them in a club in brum about 6 months before they went huge and thankfully they were on form that night. But the live performances rarely matched the recorded output and I have a fear this could be a total car crash. Good things clearly do come out of divorce.

over a year ago

He still can't sing.

I had the misfortune to see their last "performance"before the split and they were terrible. Same thing when Browny came back and I've seen him a few times since.

Always the same. He literally can't sing a lick.

I'll give it a big miss.

By *roquoisMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Rubbish band, crap music...on a par with Oasis.

over a year ago

"

Theyve a massive cult following now. My phone and facebooks not stopped buzzing about it.

Been built up lots even though Ian couldnt hold a tune in the bathroom lol. Squire makes me wanna dance so fuck it "

Yup - I have a good number of friends and colleagues who have been a bit 'hyper' at this announcement.

I remain underwhelmed !

over a year ago

The cult following will be the same fat, balding now-40 somethings that attend Ian Brown's concerts in the hope of him playing one of the Roses' numbers.

Slightly sad that Squire has joined in after his protestations over the years about not doing it.

No doubt the Reni hats, flares and fake Manc accents will be dusted off and thousands of people who were never there will say "I was at Spike Island".

over a year ago

"The cult following will be the same fat, balding now-40 somethings that attend Ian Brown's concerts in the hope of him playing one of the Roses' numbers.

Slightly sad that Squire has joined in after his protestations over the years about not doing it.

No doubt the Reni hats, flares and fake Manc accents will be dusted off and thousands of people who were never there will say "I was at Spike Island"."

Haha doubfull man. Although im sure some will be fat and bold, im 29 and a very hot 25 year old has been texting me for hours buzzing about it.

God knows if we'll get tickets though lol.

x

By *ollie_JCouple
over a year ago

London

I have just come

over a year ago

AHEM AHEM

The stone roses were one of the first cross over indie bands(indie meaning -: independant record label),they brought indie fans and dancers together,ian brown,john squires,manny and the drummer lol.The band was finanicially raped by there management and split after the dubious 2nd album.Manny eventually joined Primal Scrream who were undoubtedly the 1st punk/dance/indie,anyway john squires decided to follow his passsion for art,which to me was akin to a lot of jackson pollock's work,well it still worked for me lol!As for the lead singer ian brown,he persuded a solo career,again my opinion only,was FUCKING SHIT!But all this aside,their 1st album will go down in indie history,even i have to give it rightful accolade in music!

But a 3rd album afer all this,well its been a long time coming,my personal opinion is,it was always going to be too soon!

THATS MY HUMBLE OPINION ON THE STONE ROSES REUNIOIN LOL

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Anyone else as thrilled as I am!!?

"

Yup...spent this evening playing them to our kids...so want to be at heaton park

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

They were ok - pretty average - if they had been any good they'd have been making music for the last 20 years - run out of money and below par talent so looking to play on past 'glories' - will probably be embarrasing. Z

over a year ago

Yup...spent this evening playing them to our kids...so want to be at heaton park"

Lucky bleeder :D

over a year ago

"They were ok - pretty average - if they had been any good they'd have been making music for the last 20 years - run out of money and below par talent so looking to play on past 'glories' - will probably be embarrasing. Z"

Lol opinions are great arent they. I personally think they were amazing Thats like saying if george best had been a great footballer he woulda played untill he was 50 (stan Matthews being the yard stick). They may have only had a moment in the anals of music history but whatta moment.

Signed indie boy :D lol.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"They were ok - pretty average - if they had been any good they'd have been making music for the last 20 years - run out of money and below par talent so looking to play on past 'glories' - will probably be embarrasing. Z

Lol opinions are great arent they. I personally think they were amazing Thats like saying if george best had been a great footballer he woulda played untill he was 50 (stan Matthews being the yard stick). They may have only had a moment in the anals of music history but whatta moment.

Signed indie boy :D lol."

yes, you hit the nail on the head - we all have our differing opinions - I was there at the time they were 'big' - it's great that we all have different ideas etc or life would be sooooooo boring! Z

over a year ago

"They were ok - pretty average - if they had been any good they'd have been making music for the last 20 years - run out of money and below par talent so looking to play on past 'glories' - will probably be embarrasing. Z

Signed indie boy :D lol."

Totally agree,but primal scream were just far and away compared to the roses!

personal opinion,but im never wrong lol

By *yuiop08Man
over a year ago

Salford

Comparing the Stone Roses to Oasis is like comparing a Ferrari with a Lada.

The Roses B sides are better than most bands A sides. Their songs from 88-91 are reason enough for their lofty reputation,their top 10 songs are on a par with any band you can think of.

At a time when tripe like Coldplay are laughably lauded as great its good to have the Madchester heroes back.

over a year ago

"Comparing the Stone Roses to Oasis is like comparing a Ferrari with a Lada.

The Roses B sides are better than most bands A sides. Their songs from 88-91 are reason enough for their lofty reputation,their top 10 songs are on a par with any band you can think of.

At a time when tripe like Coldplay are laughably lauded as great its good to have the Madchester heroes back. "

Lol Oasis rule dude

x

over a year ago

At a time when tripe like Coldplay are laughably lauded as great its good to have the Madchester heroes back. "

woohoo a man with knowledge,coldplay smoldplay,do you know of mark e smith????

over a year ago

At a time when tripe like Coldplay are laughably lauded as great its good to have the Madchester heroes back.

woohoo a man with knowledge,coldplay smoldplay,do you know of mark e smith????"

sorry to disagree but the roses could'nt hokd a light to my favourite band of all time "joy division",ian curtis r.i.p.

By *yuiop08Man
over a year ago

Salford

Err not for me Oasis lack invention I always think a band that plays covers is hiding a lack of originality they had a couple of good songs but not a patch on the Roses in my eyes.

By *yuiop08Man
over a year ago

Salford

woohoo a man with knowledge,coldplay smoldplay,do you know of mark e smith????"

Would you believe I used to work with a guy who was in The Fall years ago but then i guess they did go through band members.

I will see your Joy Division and raise you The Smiths

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"

Let me think about that for a moment......... ermmmmm............. nope.

I don't mind a couple of their tracks but I never thought of them as being brilliant.

I'd sooner go and see new bands with new material.

over a year ago

"Err not for me Oasis lack invention I always think a band that plays covers is hiding a lack of originality they had a couple of good songs but not a patch on the Roses in my eyes. "

Oasis,i personally blame the beatles!!

over a year ago

"The cult following will be the same fat, balding now-40 somethings that attend Ian Brown's concerts in the hope of him playing one of the Roses' numbers.

No doubt the Reni hats, flares and fake Manc accents will be dusted off and thousands of people who were never there will say "I was at Spike Island".

Haha doubfull man. Although im sure some will be fat and bold, im 29 and a very hot 25 year old has been texting me for hours buzzing about it.

x"

Not doubtful at all really for a band that released their debut album in 1989.

I was 19 then which makes me one of the 40-somethings that will be the ones going. It's called nostalgia and it's the reason bands like the Roses and The Smiths get offered big money to reform.

Put it this way how do you think it will go down if Browny walks out on stage and says "here's a few numbers we've been working on."?

It isn't an accident that his solo live sets have been including more and more of the old Roses songs.

I've been to Ian Brown gigs and it's all guys my age re-living their youth. I'll leave you with a quote.

"When it's just a get-together for a big pay day and everyone gets their old clothes out, that seems tragic to me."

- John Squire

over a year ago

x

Not doubtful at all really for a band that released their debut album in 1989.

I was 19 then which makes me one of the 40-somethings that will be the ones going. It's called nostalgia and it's the reason bands like the Roses and The Smiths get offered big money to reform.

Put it this way how do you think it will go down if Browny walks out on stage and says "here's a few numbers we've been working on."?

It isn't an accident that his solo live sets have been including more and more of the old Roses songs.

I've been to Ian Brown gigs and it's all guys my age re-living their youth. I'll leave you with a quote.

"When it's just a get-together for a big pay day and everyone gets their old clothes out, that seems tragic to me."

- John Squire"

I think your underestimationg the pulling power of the roses on younger indie fans, nobody over the age of 30 has txt me, and there must be ten of us all conspiring on how to get tickets.

Ian Brown is one thing the Stone Roses another lol. Especially to us that were born after the fact

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Yes it will make them a bit of money and I've no doubt they will get good crowds and do the festival circuit next year.

But I think everyone is forgetting they made one proper genius album (their first) and everything else they did was at best mediocre.

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

saw this on the news last night, but ...

who are they?

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"

I nearly peed my pants with excitement

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"

happy days.

over a year ago

Finally managed to get a ticket, I'll be there on the Sun night. Can't wait, anyone going ?

over a year ago

I'm going on the Saturday.

over a year ago

I have tickets for the Friday 29th! Anyone else there on Friday ? x

over a year ago

Going on the Friday myself.