Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are gut feelings always right?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Your gut feeling is telling you one thing but they keep saying things to contradict it.....

Could your gut feeling be right but for the wrong reasons?

For example you thought they were doing something for reason (a) when in fact it was because of reason (b).

Have you ever had a gut feeling that turned out to be half right in this way?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

No if I haven’t followed my gut feeling things have gone wrong. Gut feelings are usually right unless it’s extreme circumstances and you follow your head!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ive overwritten my gut feeling and lived to regret it

By *iscean MaleMan
over a year ago

Darlaston

More often than not I find gut feelings are right.. not sure about "always" though.

over a year ago

Mine usually always turn out to be right

over a year ago

I’m not sure if they’re always right but when I’ve gone against mine, persuaded by others or otherwise it’s usually gone wrong.

over a year ago

Gut feelings are useful in keeping us wary or indeed in pushing us forward but I tend to think they're often based on assumptions we've made about other's behaviour or intentions.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I can kinda relate to that. They say you should always trust your gut instincts and feelings. Sometimes though, there are things that kinda contradict that. It’s a tough one. At the end of the day you have to make a choice eventually

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

That's to heavy to think about on a Sunday,I want to think about fluffy little kittens playing in the snow.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

I'd say gut feeling is 99 per cent right.

Also if I'm undecided about something (and this can be anything) I actually toss a coin.

You do then have to go with whatever the coin indicates...and again it's usually the right thing to do.

Some of my friends skit me for this but cross the coin (and your gut) at your peril!

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Indigestion thread?

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Usually - the brain picks up a ton of stuff subconsciously, so ‘gut feelings’ are often based in fact, because of the information we have picked up without realising it!

I think gut feelings are way more reliable than a lot of people give them credit for!!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Yes

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I trust the feeling. It’s overwhelmingly correct

over a year ago

Gut feelings should be heeded.

over a year ago

"Gut feelings are useful in keeping us wary or indeed in pushing us forward but I tend to think they're often based on assumptions we've made about other's behaviour or intentions. "

I agree. I've had one example where my assumption was very wrong.

over a year ago

"That's to heavy to think about on a Sunday,I want to think about fluffy little kittens playing in the snow."

Sorry! The kittens would get cold though.

over a year ago

"I'd say gut feeling is 99 per cent right.

Also if I'm undecided about something (and this can be anything) I actually toss a coin.

You do then have to go with whatever the coin indicates...and again it's usually the right thing to do.

Some of my friends skit me for this but cross the coin (and your gut) at your peril!"

You know what you want when the coin is in the air- you know which way you want it to land.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"That's to heavy to think about on a Sunday,I want to think about fluffy little kittens playing in the snow.

Sorry! The kittens would get cold though. "

No they have little booties and a woolly hat/coat on

over a year ago

Nope, unfortunately i’ve been proved right too many times by my gut instinct to ignore it.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

They haven't always been right for me. I know more now about my instinctive reactions and why I have them so I tend to think first and then pay attention to them.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Is there anything that is always right?

over a year ago

As my brain is connected to my gut my gut is usually the feeling I know is right

over a year ago

"That's to heavy to think about on a Sunday,I want to think about fluffy little kittens playing in the snow.

No they have little booties and a woolly hat/coat on "

Booties they would slip with no claws....and i don't mean santaclaws steely

over a year ago

Gut feelings are pretty darn acurate here.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Booties they would slip with no claws....and i don't mean santaclaws steely "

Oh my God just leave me to think about kittens in snow,that's as deep as it's getting today!

over a year ago

Oh my God just leave me to think about kittens in snow,that's as deep as it's getting today! "

Are you refferring to pussy cats?

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I think we all know when something isn’t right, certain little nuances that give things away, wether we call it gut instinct or just plain instinct, it’s worth listening too

over a year ago

The gut is always right. How we interpret it is generally the issue

over a year ago

Oh my God just leave me to think about kittens in snow,that's as deep as it's getting today! "

Ok I'm off to do a sudoko...that takes some thinking about

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Oh my God just leave me to think about kittens in snow,that's as deep as it's getting today!

Are you refferring to pussy cats? "

No kitten heels Mr Banana...

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

My gut feeling although not always right is mostly right.Last week a good example I arranged to meet someone last Saturday and by the Thursday time and place agreed.Then no response to my messages on Friday or Saturday nevertheless I turned up on Saturday messaged to say I arrived waiting just over a hour then left.Arranged to meet yesterday I was told they would message me on the Saturday morning no message but I did not travel up this time far too cold to be standing around in the park.On both occasions my gut feeling was they are not going to show both times I was correct.

over a year ago

"My gut feeling although not always right is mostly right.Last week a good example I arranged to meet someone last Saturday and by the Thursday time and place agreed.Then no response to my messages on Friday or Saturday nevertheless I turned up on Saturday messaged to say I arrived waiting just over a hour then left.Arranged to meet yesterday I was told they would message me on the Saturday morning no message but I did not travel up this time far too cold to be standing around in the park.On both occasions my gut feeling was they are not going to show both times I was correct."

That sucks.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"My gut feeling although not always right is mostly right.Last week a good example I arranged to meet someone last Saturday and by the Thursday time and place agreed.Then no response to my messages on Friday or Saturday nevertheless I turned up on Saturday messaged to say I arrived waiting just over a hour then left.Arranged to meet yesterday I was told they would message me on the Saturday morning no message but I did not travel up this time far too cold to be standing around in the park.On both occasions my gut feeling was they are not going to show both times I was correct."

Are you sure this is ‘gut feeling’ or just the reputation of the site re no shows?

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I trust my gut feelings, my sixth sense -

I've only ignored it a few times, given someone the benefit of the doubt, maybe a second chance, done something..

Each time, I've left telling myself how stupid I was for not listening.

My gut is never wrong

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I try and mostly trust my gut feeling, but being an overthinker also, it can lead to me jumping to wrong conclusions about situations unless I am fully aware of the facts, which in itself can be a dangerous thing

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"My gut feeling although not always right is mostly right.Last week a good example I arranged to meet someone last Saturday and by the Thursday time and place agreed.Then no response to my messages on Friday or Saturday nevertheless I turned up on Saturday messaged to say I arrived waiting just over a hour then left.Arranged to meet yesterday I was told they would message me on the Saturday morning no message but I did not travel up this time far too cold to be standing around in the park.On both occasions my gut feeling was they are not going to show both times I was correct.

Are you sure this is ‘gut feeling’ or just the reputation of the site re no shows? "

. Nonething to do with this site this was on a dating site.Just that gut feeling are good to have in life weather it's dating , work , relationships for me my attitude is I give it a go what is the worst that can happen

over a year ago

"I try and mostly trust my gut feeling, but being an overthinker also, it can lead to me jumping to wrong conclusions about situations unless I am fully aware of the facts, which in itself can be a dangerous thing "

How is knowing the facts a dangerous thing? Wouldn't that stop you overthinking it?

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"My gut feeling although not always right is mostly right.Last week a good example I arranged to meet someone last Saturday and by the Thursday time and place agreed.Then no response to my messages on Friday or Saturday nevertheless I turned up on Saturday messaged to say I arrived waiting just over a hour then left.Arranged to meet yesterday I was told they would message me on the Saturday morning no message but I did not travel up this time far too cold to be standing around in the park.On both occasions my gut feeling was they are not going to show both times I was correct.

That sucks. "

. If I had gone yesterday I would not have hanged around for a hour like I did the week before it was very cold yesterday.

over a year ago

Yep always trust your instincts

over a year ago

Yes, your instincts are usually right..

over a year ago

That sucks. . If I had gone yesterday I would not have hanged around for a hour like I did the week before it was very cold yesterday."

That's something good that came from a bad situation. Pick a warm meet place so you can hang out and not have wasted time if they don't show.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Are you sure this is ‘gut feeling’ or just the reputation of the site re no shows? . Nonething to do with this site this was on a dating site.Just that gut feeling are good to have in life weather it's dating , work , relationships for me my attitude is I give it a go what is the worst that can happen "

Aapologies I assumed it was from this site.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

Are you sure this is ‘gut feeling’ or just the reputation of the site re no shows? . Nonething to do with this site this was on a dating site.Just that gut feeling are good to have in life weather it's dating , work , relationships for me my attitude is I give it a go what is the worst that can happen

Aapologies I assumed it was from this site. "

. Nonething to apologise for I didn't make it clear I just feel gut feeling are good to have for me they are more right than wrong.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Your gut feeling is telling you one thing but they keep saying things to contradict it.....

For example you thought they were doing something for reason (a) when in fact it was because of reason (b).

Have you ever had a gut feeling that turned out to be half right in this way?"

I have been quick to dismiss my gut feelings before but they have always turned out to be right!

over a year ago

My gut feelings usually turn out to be diarrhoea!

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

Experience and knowledge are what make me listen to my gut. It’s when I don’t listen I get things wrong

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

We have many different parts of our brain, responsible for various aspects of our experience and mind - our 'gut feeling' is an element of that, likely arising from our more ancient ancestors, who didn't have such complex conscious thinking abilities.

Basing decisions solely upon feelings can be a very limiting way to live, as it avoids assessment of many situations that have complexity - in fact, the very complexity may cause feelings of discomfort to arise, meaning that we could avoid something, just because it would involve investment of effort, even if it would be in our better interests.

Avoiding whatever we experience emotionally, as well as not using our mind's complex skills, would be just taking in part of a situation, deciding things based on a bit of information, so it's a limiting way to live. We'll get things 'right' some of the time, whichever approach we take, probabilities would indicate that. But often we'll not know the potential outcome of whatever it is that we've declined, in order to take a fuller evaluation of the whole picture, so we could merrily go on our way, thinking that we did the right thing, perhaps because in part we've habitually followed that pattern, without major risk. It could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy, that we'll not get many negative outcomes because we didn't take many riskier complex options to think about and pursue.

If there's time and the potential outcome may be worth it for me, I'll aim to evaluate whatever I can ascertain about something, including my gut feelings. But I don't let myself only decide things based upon gut feelings, as it's too limited a perspective for me.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

That sucks. . If I had gone yesterday I would not have hanged around for a hour like I did the week before it was very cold yesterday.

That's something good that came from a bad situation. Pick a warm meet place so you can hang out and not have wasted time if they don't show. "

. On the plus side I went to a so called better part of London saw a nice park and it was not too cold and it only cost me £5.60 travel on my oyster.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Your gut feeling is telling you one thing but they keep saying things to contradict it.....

Have you ever had a gut feeling that turned out to be half right in this way?"

Always go with gut feelings.

Gut feelings are about YOU not about the other person.

If you get a gut feeling you are telling yourself that YOU are not happy/ready/able to go with what's on offer.

Trust the way you feel. Doesn't mean the other is a bastard. Just means you know something isn't right.

over a year ago

"We have many different parts of our brain, responsible for various aspects of our experience and mind - our 'gut feeling' is an element of that, likely arising from our more ancient ancestors, who didn't have such complex conscious thinking abilities.

Basing decisions solely upon feelings can be a very limiting way to live, as it avoids assessment of many situations that have complexity - in fact, the very complexity may cause feelings of discomfort to arise, meaning that we could avoid something, just because it would involve investment of effort, even if it would be in our better interests.

Avoiding whatever we experience emotionally, as well as not using our mind's complex skills, would be just taking in part of a situation, deciding things based on a bit of information, so it's a limiting way to live. We'll get things 'right' some of the time, whichever approach we take, probabilities would indicate that. But often we'll not know the potential outcome of whatever it is that we've declined, in order to take a fuller evaluation of the whole picture, so we could merrily go on our way, thinking that we did the right thing, perhaps because in part we've habitually followed that pattern, without major risk. It could also be a self-fulfilling prophecy, that we'll not get many negative outcomes because we didn't take many riskier complex options to think about and pursue.

If there's time and the potential outcome may be worth it for me, I'll aim to evaluate whatever I can ascertain about something, including my gut feelings. But I don't let myself only decide things based upon gut feelings, as it's too limited a perspective for me."

Ahh Sophie. Good points.

over a year ago

Mine usually are

over a year ago

"Ive overwritten my gut feeling and lived to regret it "

me too

over a year ago

My gut feeling tends to be right. However I also have a tendency to over think things so I sit on it for a while

over a year ago

I almost never listen to my gut feeling even though it's correct 90% of the time.

I guess the rebel in me likes to prove me wrong

over a year ago

Have you ever had a gut feeling that turned out to be half right in this way?

Always go with gut feelings.

Gut feelings are about YOU not about the other person.

If you get a gut feeling you are telling yourself that YOU are not happy/ready/able to go with what's on offer.

Trust the way you feel. Doesn't mean the other is a bastard. Just means you know something isn't right.

"

You're right Granny. But I'm the bastard, not them.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"Gut feeling" is a throwback, it's part of the "fight or flight" instinct that kept your ancestors alive way back when fur and skins were day to day wear.

You should never ignore it, instead try and figure out what it is that has triggered it... a word out of place, a facial expression, body language... or something more ethereal, an instinct beyond words. Its a warning from your subconscious, never ignore it.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Gut feeling is life experience....it’s when one just knows something may go ‘belly up’ if not followed!

By *nttake2Couple
over a year ago

South

My gut feeling is telling me that my Sir just can't be bothered any more, but then he'll say the right words and I'll hang on for another few months. Yes, it's time to trust my gut feeling now - it's far more reliable.

over a year ago

90% yes

By *ineMan
over a year ago

Just about every post on this thread infers people rely on gut feelings only in a negative context.

Perhaps it's just the nature of fab to be cynical negative always second guessing looking for the downside to our interactions on here.

Or maybe it's just a way to insulate us from the world. After all if we only ever expect negative outcomes and use our "gut" to rationalise such negativity then it becomes a self fulfilling exercise.

Nothing is ever this simple.

Like everyone here I come as a package. Gut heart head. We do not switch them on and off like a magic detector unit they all work as one as part of the whole of us.

over a year ago

"Just about every post on this thread infers people rely on gut feelings only in a negative context.

Perhaps it's just the nature of fab to be cynical negative always second guessing looking for the downside to our interactions on here.

Or maybe it's just a way to insulate us from the world. After all if we only ever expect negative outcomes and use our "gut" to rationalise such negativity then it becomes a self fulfilling exercise.

Like everyone here I come as a package. Gut heart head. We do not switch them on and off like a magic detector unit they all work as one as part of the whole of us.

"

I use mine for good too.

If something feels right then generally it is

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I try and mostly trust my gut feeling, but being an overthinker also, it can lead to me jumping to wrong conclusions about situations unless I am fully aware of the facts, which in itself can be a dangerous thing

How is knowing the facts a dangerous thing? Wouldn't that stop you overthinking it?"

It wasn't knowing the facts which I was suggesting is a dangerous thing, but the over thinking and jumping to wrong conclusions

By *pider-WomanWoman
over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

Yes normally they are. I've recently not followed my instinct (wrong move).

By *weheavycummerMan
over a year ago

Near you

There's no wrong choice as I believe everything is a lesson. You may suffer on the back of a 'wrong' choice but I just see them all as lessons learned & for every lesson I have learned I feel my decision making is a lot better.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Mine always are, everytime I went against my gut feelings things went wrong.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

So far, every time I've overridden my gut feeling I've rued the day.

over a year ago

"I try and mostly trust my gut feeling, but being an overthinker also, it can lead to me jumping to wrong conclusions about situations unless I am fully aware of the facts, which in itself can be a dangerous thing

How is knowing the facts a dangerous thing? Wouldn't that stop you overthinking it?

It wasn't knowing the facts which I was suggesting is a dangerous thing, but the over thinking and jumping to wrong conclusions "

Sorry I misunderstood.

I do the same.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Look up the science of intuition.

I trust my gut feelings most of the time but I usually try to pin down a reason that I can explain to someone else, particularly for business decisions.

over a year ago

"Look up the science of intuition.

I trust my gut feelings most of the time but I usually try to pin down a reason that I can explain to someone else, particularly for business decisions.

"

Ah that jogged my memory! You told me a couple of years ago about a BBC4 programme on gut instinct. I just found the note I saved, thank you.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Ah that jogged my memory! You told me a couple of years ago about a BBC4 programme on gut instinct. I just found the note I saved, thank you.

"

I couldn't find the thread.

over a year ago

I couldn't find the thread.

"

I have a crap memory, I saved the info as a note on my phone.

over a year ago

I trust mine implicitly. I don't know if I've been wrong about those I've had a niggling suspicion about but I've never been wrong about those I've gone on to meet so I don't really care

over a year ago

My gut is never wrong, sometimes I ignore it anyway just to enjoy the ride, but it is the one thing I know to trust in every situation.

over a year ago

"My gut is never wrong, sometimes I ignore it anyway just to enjoy the ride, but it is the one thing I know to trust in every situation. "

Did it tell you I was a wrongun??

over a year ago

Ok sooooo.... Gut feelings are a thing due to our anatomic nervous system and how our brain works. Our amygdala triggers our 'flight or fight' mode and signals are sent through our vagus nerve to all our organs. Where this backfires is how our brain and nervous system stores this information for future reference. Our brain builds schemas which are our building blocks of understanding or our model of the world. The brain then seeks familar patterns

and anything which sits outside that can cause discomfort. You have adaptuve and maladaptive schemas... Maladaptive schemas are things like reoccurring jealousy or possessiveness for example. Also familiar situations can trigger similar responses as the brain has already set up that pattern of response.. In extreme instances you get PTSD, in less extreme instances you get anxiety. Those with anxiety have a heightened response system that is easily triggered. So as a psychotherapist I would say pay heed to your gut response but try to objectively analyse why you've responded that way and why you've been triggered.

over a year ago

"Ok sooooo.... Gut feelings are a thing due to our anatomic nervous system and how our brain works. Our amygdala triggers our 'flight or fight' mode and signals are sent through our vagus nerve to all our organs. Where this backfires is how our brain and nervous system stores this information for future reference. Our brain builds schemas which are our building blocks of understanding or our model of the world. The brain then seeks familar patterns

and anything which sits outside that can cause discomfort. You have adaptuve and maladaptive schemas... Maladaptive schemas are things like reoccurring jealousy or possessiveness for example. Also familiar situations can trigger similar responses as the brain has already set up that pattern of response.. In extreme instances you get PTSD, in less extreme instances you get anxiety. Those with anxiety have a heightened response system that is easily triggered. So as a psychotherapist I would say pay heed to your gut response but try to objectively analyse why you've responded that way and why you've been triggered."

Yawn... say what now??

over a year ago

"Ok sooooo.... Gut feelings are a thing due to our anatomic nervous system and how our brain works. Our amygdala triggers our 'flight or fight' mode and signals are sent through our vagus nerve to all our organs. Where this backfires is how our brain and nervous system stores this information for future reference. Our brain builds schemas which are our building blocks of understanding or our model of the world. The brain then seeks familar patterns

and anything which sits outside that can cause discomfort. You have adaptuve and maladaptive schemas... Maladaptive schemas are things like reoccurring jealousy or possessiveness for example. Also familiar situations can trigger similar responses as the brain has already set up that pattern of response.. In extreme instances you get PTSD, in less extreme instances you get anxiety. Those with anxiety have a heightened response system that is easily triggered. So as a psychotherapist I would say pay heed to your gut response but try to objectively analyse why you've responded that way and why you've been triggered.

Yawn... say what now?? "

Lol well ya know... If people will insist on asking this stuff

over a year ago

They can be wrong and right (obviously).

No one can predict the future but we can learn from the past and avoid the same mistakes.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

There's actually thought to be a second "brain" in your stomach...look it up..makes interesting reading.

over a year ago

"Yes normally they are. I've recently not followed my instinct (wrong move). "

There's still time...........

over a year ago

"Just about every post on this thread infers people rely on gut feelings only in a negative context.

I use mine for good too.

If something feels right then generally it is "

Have a quick feel of this and see what you think...........

over a year ago

"There's actually thought to be a second "brain" in your stomach...look it up..makes interesting reading."

Its fascinating isnt it! Linked to the brain via the vagus nerve and autonomic nervous system

over a year ago

"My gut is never wrong, sometimes I ignore it anyway just to enjoy the ride, but it is the one thing I know to trust in every situation.

Did it tell you I was a wrongun?? "

One the times I've decided to ignore it and enjoy the ride, only time will tell whether it was wrong or right on this occasion.

over a year ago

Most of the time

over a year ago

"Most of the time "

But do you listen........

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Pretty much I think....

over a year ago

"Most of the time

But do you listen........ "

Hmmm not all the time

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

I trust mine implicitly.

Him

over a year ago

"My gut is never wrong, sometimes I ignore it anyway just to enjoy the ride, but it is the one thing I know to trust in every situation.

One the times I've decided to ignore it and enjoy the ride, only time will tell whether it was wrong or right on this occasion. "

Oh I can tell you now you're wrong

over a year ago

Mine’s usually wind

over a year ago

"Most of the time

But do you listen........

Hmmm not all the time "

Got to go with your gut.......

By *pal2Man
over a year ago

cumbria

Its not as simple as that. Yes you can write some people off straight away but if you instantly dismissed say 50% of people you are limiting your choice and life experience andfor the ones you arent sure about.....surely the fun is iin finding out?

By *ollyGWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

Gut feelings are normally wrong!

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Never lets me down in all aspects of life.

over a year ago

One the times I've decided to ignore it and enjoy the ride, only time will tell whether it was wrong or right on this occasion.

Oh I can tell you now you're wrong "

What part of me the gut or the other part guiding me through our interactions.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yes. My gut feeling is always spot on. I listen every time. I’m not sure where it comes from but it’s never let me down yet.

over a year ago

and anything which sits outside that can cause discomfort. You have adaptuve and maladaptive schemas... Maladaptive schemas are things like reoccurring jealousy or possessiveness for example. Also familiar situations can trigger similar responses as the brain has already set up that pattern of response.. In extreme instances you get PTSD, in less extreme instances you get anxiety. Those with anxiety have a heightened response system that is easily triggered. So as a psychotherapist I would say pay heed to your gut response but try to objectively analyse why you've responded that way and why you've been triggered."

That's interesting, thank you.

over a year ago

"Its not as simple as that. Yes you can write some people off straight away but if you instantly dismissed say 50% of people you are limiting your choice and life experience andfor the ones you arent sure about.....surely the fun is iin finding out?"

Sometimes it can be fun yes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Our minds and lives are often too complex to just follow a gut instinct. And our memories afterwards will be unreliably biased, so that we will only get a biased perspective of how reliable it has been.

People are creatures of habit too, so the simple option is to potentially keep repeating the easy options, where gut instinct lets you feel fine. (You'd probably feel uneasy if that type of choice had gone wrong before), so wouldn't pick it.

Some of us also find it hard to differentiate between excitement and anxiety/nervousness - we could even avoid things that could have fantastic excitement.

Sure, fine tune your expertise at listening to your gut feeling -we can improve this.

I add that we can benefit from using this in conjunction with our other expertise and incredible powers of the human mind.

Post new Message to Thread