FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab Crap Runners' Club WEEK ELEVEN (12-18 Feb)

Jump to newest

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

FAB CRAP RUNNERS' CLUB

WEEK ELEVEN!!!!

MOTTO: We run #LikeAToddlerChasingAPug

Well hello Fab Crap Runners!

It's Week Eleven (of our nine-week running thread - I know, I know...)!

25 people reported progress this week.

PLEASE READ:

I'm finding it a little tricky to do the one-by-one update each Sunday (it takes a couple of hours) so in future weeks I'll include a list of all runners who have posted with a sentence about what stage they at. For example, mine will say "Mrs Trellis - running 5km in 42 minutes. Aiming to get faster". Then I'll update with major changes only rather than news of all runs. Could you let me have a sentence that describes your stage and your aims? Otherwise I'll make one up!

EXPLANATION AND ETHOS:

EVERYONE is welcome in the Fab Crap Runners' Club (the crapper the better).

From 1st January, a bunch of Fabbers began improving our fitness through running. None of us were natural athletes (I was a natural couch potato!) but we did it anyway.

FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS:

"Couch to 5k" (C25K) is a nine-week running programme for absolute beginners, available on various free phone apps (I used Get Running). But you can join this thread to get fit by any means including walking and cycling - all are welcome. If you're expecting to be utterly crap at it, you're in the right place. Join the thread, tell us what your aim is and we'll cheer you on each week, just for trying.

CRAP BEGINNERS:

Well done for joining the thread! The first step is the hardest and you've done that already! Keep us updated on your progress and cheer the others on. Everyone is welcome - even more so if you think you won't be able to do it. I'll list you here when you join.

Albert in York (Newbie! Welcome!)

knmg Ran three miles to get the car from the pub! (Newbie! Welcome. Top motivation - do you run TO the pub as well?!)

Welshfuckbuddy78 (Newbie! Welcome!)

CRAP IMPROVERS (running more than you ever thought you could!)

Adam 1971 Running 4.3 km in 30 mins. (That's fast! You're doing so well).

BoPeep1 Ran a parkrun all the way round including hills. (Wow - I have yet to tackle hills! You're amazing!)

Chasing waterfalls Done week nine run two - 5.8km. (That's awesome - you've done it!!!)

HarryJones1975 Ran 5km! (Well done Harry - you're off the starting blocks!)

Little_tinkerbunny Ran 4.7km which is significantly further thank before. (That's a massive improvement! Well done!)

Little_Brat_Evie!! Went back to parkrun but hurt her foot. (Poor you. How is it now?)

Miles Away Girl Done Week Six Run Three. (That's brilliant. You're racing through them now!)

MrsTrellis Ran 5km in 42 minutes!

northerndels1000 Not run for two weeks - needs to get going again. (Come on Yorkshire lass - don't let the county down)

PiercedCpl Did two miles outside and 11 miles on the treadmill. (Well done! That's really good. What's next?)

Polarbear73 Starting again once the snow disappears. (Go for it! Psylocke is at your stage)

Psylocke Starting again following injury. (That's great! PolarBear73 is at your stage)

signorina 34 mins on the treadmill and 10 each on the cross trainer and rowing machine. (Wow - that's incredible!)

tandh Done Week Eight Day One covering 5.5km. (That's really fast - well done!)

TheHoff1973 Ran 5km in 42 minutes! (Very well done! Same time next week?)

tigercub89 5km jog in 44 minutes! (That's great - we’re at the same stage)

Topsy Rogers Popped onto the thread to say hello. Aiming for a fast time at parkrun (What time are you aiming for?)

CRAP ELITES AND EXPERTS (trying to run the kind of distances that normal people drive... like marathons and stuff)

Bitch_and_Twat Posted us a lovely picture of his moobs. (Thanks so much!)

Crazyhorse58 Went to the gym and did a 4km run, 2km cross trainer and 1km rowing machine. (That's a lot of stuff! I don't even know what a cross trainer is… does it look like skis?)

_ocbig Runs up to half marathons and coaches people. (Thanks for the advice you've given!)

goodtimes_888 (Thanks for your support and advice. How's your training going?)

nerdynympho Dropped in to say hello. (Hiya - how's the training going?)

Only-Drew Ran the Milton Keynes half marathon in under two hours! (You star!!!)

SN1977 Popped onto the thread to say hello. (How's it all going?)

_parky4g Ran 20 miles last week! (That's very good. Any more since?)

STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS...STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS... STOP PRESS

FAB CRAP RUNNERS' CLUB SOCIAL!!!!!!!

The Fab Crap Runners' Club social has been rescheduled. Everyone is welcome (runners at all levels and supporters).

Date:

Saturday 17th March at 9am (meet from 8.30am)

Venue:

Great Denham parkrun http://www.parkrun.org.uk/greatdenham/

Followed by:

Coffee, cake and gossip at about 10.30am at Brewers' Fayre, Marsh Leys, MK42 7FY

What to do:

Put the date in your diary and register for free with parkrun on the link above. I'll figure out the finer details ASAP.

RSVP:

Please let me know on this thread if you're intending to come along.

But, but, but:

I know - it's bloody terrifying! Running with actual runners at an actual event! But you have options.

(i) I will do the course with the slowest person in our group (and may well be the slowest person come to think of it). If we need to walk the whole thing, that's what we'll do. So no one in our group will be last - the slowest two of us will cross the line together.

(ii) I'll come up with a way of us identifying each other that doesn't "out" us as Fab-folk. I won't carry a giant sign that says "Swingers Assemble Here".

(iii) If you don't want to do the course or you're not ready for it, my other-half will be hobbling around on an ongoing knee-injury at the finishing line and will gladly stand with you and chat away about all sorts of rubbish.

(iv) Or, if you have any sense at all, you'll feign injury and just meet us in the pub afterwards.

Now back the the thread....

Attending are: Bitch, goodtimes_888, HarryJones1975, Mrs Trellis, Only-Drew, Psylocke, stevenelden44, Simply Fun40, SN1977, TopsyRogers, Twat.

Please RSVP to me if you're not on the list.

WE DIDN'T HEAR FROM THESE LOVELY PEOPLE WHO REPORTED PROGRESS LAST WEEK BUT HAVEN'T POSTED THIS WEEK. LET US KNOW HOW YOU'RE GETTING ON:

AdsandGeeky

Blue Narwhal

Frank n Betty

Lookingforlust

Man-monkey

simply fun40

INJURY BENCH (GET WELL SOON):

No one is injured!!!

AND THANK YOU TO OUR WELL-WISHERS AND SUPPORTERS WHOSE POSITIVE MESSAGES ARE KEEPING US GOING:

Autumn76, BigBoy11782, Bike Monkey, Bitch, blackbird1000, blueeyedboy1212, bonbons_xx, bringmeyourcurves, Chris 148, crazycoupleni, Crazyhorse58, curious and openminded, Erect-Jim, Evie!!, Feliz Nelson, foxy_minx, Funtimes1992, GS_Bristol, GenuineinCambs, Goodtimes_888, HammerCock69, harte2harte, Jayc1290, jblack18, jdhandy29, KingAl, Lady Lick, Leo Liaisons, littlebeaver, LittleJackHornier, lovejoy68, Man-monkey, marathon26, medwayduo, Mike321, MissMimieux, Mr Alleycat, MrBump2013, Oliver91, Oral-wan Kenobi, pat-mustard, PiercedCpl, Psylocke, Rachael xx, Serendipity, simply fun40, SN1977, _parky4g, SW Chap, SwingoftheKingers, thegatekeeper, The Differentiator, tom_in_nlondon, Utopia G, waverunner, wideboy7.5 and YeOldeWitchDoc.

AND FINALLY:

Another week, another bit fitter. Let me have a sentence or two about your running for next week's thread.

Mrs Trellis x

PS - Don't forget the social!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Hi all

Sorry it's very late!

By *lla_maiWoman
over a year ago

staffordshire

Everyones doing so fantastically, look how far we've all come in the space of 11 weeks. Keep it up

Well todays jog didnt quite go as planned and ended up more of a walk with mini breakdowns along the way, but hey ho. Onwards and forwards

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Thank you Mrs T for starting the new thread, I felt a bit lost without it .... How sad am I?! lol

Amazing work everyone x

Its amazing how far we've come. Looking back to my first run, when I felt like I was dying after 5 minutes!!!!

over a year ago

Ahhh I knew the thread was out there somewhere, flying start to the week with 4miles on Mon lunchtime.... Trying to get back to a 10miles a week training rhythm! Keep going everyone you're doing amazingly and inspiring me. So thank you!

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Everytime a new thread is started I remember the first time I ‘ran’ and I’m gobsmacked how far I’ve come.

Well done all of us.

Who’s coming to the parkrun?

over a year ago

I had just finished week 6 last time but haven't run for a couple of weeks due to work, snow and being full of cold so today i did week week 6 run 1 again, 5 mins, 8 mins and 5 mins

By *ookingforlustMan
over a year ago

northants

Sorry for lack of update

Had a bit of an injury last week, something ‘popped’ in my right knee and it’s been too painful to run unfortunately. It’s starting to feel a little better so going to give it the rest of this week and try again on Monday.

Don’t like this getting old bollox.

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

Away all week on business up North but back in time for karaoke on Friday night and the parkrun on Saturday. Looking forward to the coaches’ rewards!

Moobs Twat

PS Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast every morning this week in the hotel!

over a year ago

Well...i've been a bit shit. This thread got me going in the new year, I started the couch to 5k thing and did dry January. Lost a stone that month then slowly fell off the wagon and stopped running .... Although I kept the weight off.

Just went back out for my first run since!! I will look good by the summer.... I ffffffucking Will!!!

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

Checking in

over a year ago

Checking in x

By *iberatedPairCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk

MORNIng. Good luck to all. This week.

By *ertsDrewMan
over a year ago

Hitchin

"Everytime a new thread is started I remember the first time I ‘ran’ and I’m gobsmacked how far I’ve come.

Well done all of us.

Who’s coming to the parkrun?"

I am, assuming I haven't over imbibed the night before!

over a year ago

I've just done 3 and half miles lunch time run after a lay off, I feel battered.

Still the thought that while I was out running other gorgeous people were upto and preparing for some sexual shenanigans kept me going.

over a year ago

Too late to join?

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Too late to join?"

Not at all, get yourself some proper running shoes (those old trainers with the sole hanging off won’t cut it), download an app or the NHS podcast and then amaze yourself by running.

It’s quite addictive actually

over a year ago

Whoops I posted in the old thread.

Running hurts.

over a year ago

Ran again today, i think i should've left it for tomorrow as my shins and calves were tight but i powered through.....week 6 run 2 done and a bit extra, 4.9k run/walk

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"Ran again today, i think i should've left it for tomorrow as my shins and calves were tight but i powered through.....week 6 run 2 done and a bit extra, 4.9k run/walk"

Yay, well done you!

over a year ago

"Whoops I posted in the old thread.

Running hurts. "

I read your post.....i find that i can't do whats being asked so i try my best but end up walking before i should i try and run after she's told me to cool down so ok I'm not running as much as she wants but I'm running after so hopefully that compensates.....at least we're lapping the couch

over a year ago

"....at least we're lapping the couch"

Absolutely always hold on to this, something is always better than nothing..... So sometimes I trade down and don't do the training miles I'd planned for all sorts of reasons but I never beat myself up for it because I still went out an ran!

By *parky4gMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Cracked out 30 last week really on it

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"Too late to join?

Not at all, get yourself some proper running shoes (those old trainers with the sole hanging off won’t cut it), download an app or the NHS podcast and then amaze yourself by running.

It’s quite addictive actually "

I run in Karrimor Summit. Guess they aren't proper running shoes?

over a year ago

Running hurts.

I read your post.....i find that i can't do whats being asked so i try my best but end up walking before i should i try and run after she's told me to cool down so ok I'm not running as much as she wants but I'm running after so hopefully that compensates.....at least we're lapping the couch"

It’s just jolly painful to actually run. I need to strengthen my ankles before I crack on properly. That 25 minutes is so hard going!

Everyone is doing so well and I’m happy to limp along at the back

over a year ago

Running hurts.

I read your post.....i find that i can't do whats being asked so i try my best but end up walking before i should i try and run after she's told me to cool down so ok I'm not running as much as she wants but I'm running after so hopefully that compensates.....at least we're lapping the couch

It’s just jolly painful to actually run. I need to strengthen my ankles before I crack on properly. That 25 minutes is so hard going!

Everyone is doing so well and I’m happy to limp along at the back "

You're doing 25 mins, I'm no where near that so you're not limping at the back you're with me ogling the sexy arses in lycra

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

Running hurts.

You're doing 25 mins, I'm no where near that so you're not limping at the back you're with me ogling the sexy arses in lycra "

I’ll jog round in front of you if it helps

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Morning all.

It sounds like everyone is doing brilliantly. I’d like to time travel to the 1st January and tell us all that we’d make it!

over a year ago

Running hurts.

You're doing 25 mins, I'm no where near that so you're not limping at the back you're with me ogling the sexy arses in lycra

I’ll jog round in front of you if it helps "

It all helps. The 25 minutes is mostly fast waddling interspersed with spurts of really fast waddling

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Morning all,

Just checking in.

Managed to run three times in one week (first time since the end of January) including my first parkrun since 20th January on Saturday.

Looking forward to Saturday, just hoping the snow stays away!

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

Will I wake up in time to lose my parkrun virginity Saturday? Whose rear will I follow?

Answers to follow in the next 36 hours

over a year ago

I did it, I did it, I did it!

Completed the last run, week 9, run 3

Now what do I do with myself?

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

"I did it, I did it, I did it!

Now what do I do with myself? "

Go further, go faster. Both preferably.

over a year ago

"I did it, I did it, I did it!

Now what do I do with myself? "

Woohoo keep on running

over a year ago

Accidentally posted on the old thread. I got confused as the title of this one is for Feb and not March

I have signed up for a 10k in June

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

"Accidentally posted on the old thread. I got confused as the title of this one is for Feb and not March

I have signed up for a 10k in June "

Ooooops! You’re right! Sorry.

V exciting re 10k!!

over a year ago

"Accidentally posted on the old thread. I got confused as the title of this one is for Feb and not March

I have signed up for a 10k in June "

PMSL, I never noticed! But made me have an early morning giggle as its taken 4 days for anyone to realise

That's brilliant about signing up to the 10k, well done x

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Morning Fab Crap Runners!!!

It’s the social today!!! (With the small matter of a run between us and the coffee)...

RISE AND SHINE!!!!

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Morning Fab Crap Runners!!!

It’s the social today!!! (With the small matter of a run between us and the coffee)...

RISE AND SHINE!!!!"

Errr, awake since 3.30, I’ll be the one disco napping halfway round.

I wonder if Harry will wake up in time?

over a year ago

"Morning Fab Crap Runners!!!

RISE AND SHINE!!!!"

Have fun FCRC at the social x Gutted I can't make it, but hi ho, hi ho, off to work I go

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

I am awake.

My mobile is completely broke so am off whatsapp. Will pm ya.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"I am awake.

My mobile is completely broke so am off whatsapp. Will pm ya."

Stay awake Harry.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I have signed up for a 10k in June

PMSL, I never noticed! But made me have an early morning giggle as its taken 4 days for anyone to realise

That's brilliant about signing up to the 10k, well done x"

I noticed yesterday when I was looking for the thread!

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"I am awake.

My mobile is completely broke so am off whatsapp. Will pm ya.

Stay awake Harry."

I am!

Can someone please whatsapp mrs t for me and say I am just about to leave Ely cheers time now is 0640.

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

Moobs and Boobs will be in attendance later...coaching and shivering!

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

We are enroute.

over a year ago

Good luck today fellow toddlers. You’ll do so well. Wish I was there!

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Yay!!! We met, we ran, we didn’t die!

Lovely people.

Pic on my profile.

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

"Yay!!! We met, we ran, we didn’t die!

Lovely people.

Pic on my profile. "

And ours!

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

A huge thanks to everyone for encouraging me to get out of bed so early, lovely to meet you all and thanks to those who drove me and supplied tea and to Mrs T for organising it so well due to her glorious spreadsheets.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

We did it. We only went and did it!

Plans afoot for more...

over a year ago

Lovely people.

Pic on my profile. "

We did freeze our nuts/tits off though!

But it was still fun.......

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

Lovely people.

Pic on my profile.

We did freeze our nuts/tits off though!

But it was still fun....... "

Bitch froze her Twat off...and Twat couldn’t find his at all!

over a year ago

Yes great fun - might finish the run this time!

Well done to everyone

over a year ago

Aww well done everyone wish I could have been there. Have started new eating plan and lost 5lb tho x

over a year ago

"Aww well done everyone wish I could have been there. Have started new eating plan and lost 5lb tho x "

Next time

Well done with the loss, keep it going!

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Here we go..snow running again..

By *razyhorse58Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

Well done to all who did their First Park Runs yesterday. Bet it was a cold one, snow running for me today I think, though paths were icy yesterday it may be the dreadmill And I’ve signed up for a half marathon

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Well done to all who did their First Park Runs yesterday. Bet it was a cold one, snow running for me today I think, though paths were icy yesterday it may be the dreadmill And I’ve signed up for a half marathon "

When is your half marathon?

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

"Well done to all who did their First Park Runs yesterday. Bet it was a cold one, snow running for me today I think, though paths were icy yesterday it may be the dreadmill And I’ve signed up for a half marathon "

Many of you know what I’m going to say already...

parkrun (all lower case, all one word)

Moobs and Boobs

By *parky4gMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Managed 27 miles this week the biggest being a 16 miles at steady 11 min mile legs starting to get a bit tight my need to get them looked at

Sports massage type of thing

over a year ago

Does walking up skiddaw in the lakes count ? Sort of a canter rather than a run !

By *parky4gMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

"Does walking up skiddaw in the lakes count ? Sort of a canter rather than a run ! "

Recently was there lots of snow ?

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Hi all

Here's a poll for the next Crap Runners' Social date (same location as before).

https://doodle.com/poll/v36wc6mutmeqdas5

By *utie91Woman
over a year ago

Hitchin

Hi

Crap beginner here. I’ve been doing weight training since jan and have just started to re-introduce abit of cardio...

so 1 mile took me 18:36 haha

2.5 mile on the bike in 9:30

Suppose it’s a start lol

over a year ago

"Hi

Crap beginner here. I’ve been doing weight training since jan and have just started to re-introduce abit of cardio...

Suppose it’s a start lol"

Well done on starting, it's often the hardest step to take.

By *itch and TwatCouple
over a year ago

Near Rushden Lakes

"Hi

Suppose it’s a start lol

Well done on starting, it's often the hardest step to take. "

Ancient Chinese proverb...”The longest journey starts with a single step”.

There’s lots of advice for beginners in the previous threads...perhaps worth a read to get a feel for what others’ journeys have been like too.

By *ick007Man
over a year ago

Corby

Glad you all enjoyed the run yesterday however cold it was well done to everyone that took part and I hope your legs aren't too sore today x I will definitely be at the next one xx

over a year ago

"Glad you all enjoyed the run yesterday however cold it was well done to everyone that took part and I hope your legs aren't too sore today x I will definitely be at the next one xx"

over a year ago

Yesterday. And yes. It was bloody freezing !

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

I coach mostly women in running & cycling ( only because that's who turns up most times), & many people are very hard on themselves & find it tough to give themselves credit & recognise what they are doing rather than what they are NOT doing. Give yourself a pat on the back, fist bump...whatever , you are out there doing it, so many are not. Someone else mentioned lapping those still on the settee...

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"Hi

Suppose it’s a start lol"

Well done, keep it up.

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"Hi all

Here's a poll for the next Crap Runners' Social date (same location as before).

https://doodle.com/poll/v36wc6mutmeqdas5"

Replied (on the basis my blister will have healed by then )

over a year ago

"Hi

Suppose it’s a start lol

Well done, keep it up."

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"I coach mostly women in running & cycling ( only because that's who turns up most times), & many people are very hard on themselves & find it tough to give themselves credit & recognise what they are doing rather than what they are NOT doing. Give yourself a pat on the back, fist bump...whatever , you are out there doing it, so many are not. Someone else mentioned lapping those still on the settee..."

Ain’t that the truth! Always wanting to be better, improve and upset because we can never quite reach it.

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Always improving yes , there is no finish line (cliche yes, but even so...), but still take time to recognise achievements , before moving onto the next.

By *rsTrellis OP   Woman
over a year ago

Cambridge

NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD... NEW THREAD...

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/738837

Post new Message to Thread