Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Negative comments

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How come when some ppl ask for advice or help they seem to get negative or snid comments,if you ain't got any help or advice for them why bother trying to belittle ppl,

Remember opinions are like arseholes,everyone has got one but u dont need to hear them all the time

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Cos its a forum,and everyone is free to post.If a poster wants slavish agreement get a dog.

You will find genuine requests for help are treated very differently to grown adults unable to take responsibility or people whinging.

i think the best advice often comes from the blunter poster,who tell it like it is.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/10/11 11:59:17]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

It's not always what is said, rather the way it is said.

I agree with Jemima tho... sometimes the blunt answers are the most accurate as they often have a no 'kiss the ass' intent in the hope of getting a meet somewhere down the line.

I admire the people who are true to themselves and answer as such... and often against the majority.

over a year ago

There's a difference in being blunt to someone just belittling and being very rude,

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"There's a difference in being blunt to someone just belittling and being very rude,"

I agree totally,absolutely no need for it..manners cost nothing..

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"There's a difference in being blunt to someone just belittling and being very rude,"

of course there is.

I agree

By *uro anchorMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"Cos its a forum,and everyone is free to post.If a poster wants slavish agreement get a dog.

You will find genuine requests for help are treated very differently to grown adults unable to take responsibility or people whinging.

i think the best advice often comes from the blunter poster,who tell it like it is."

Woof Woof...

over a year ago

hexham

Anyone who is very rude will be banned...

You cant even mention constipation

Seriously,the mods keep things civil,if you think they have missed something report it,but i think you might need a thicker skin,as the forum has been remarkably well behaved recently.

over a year ago

"There's a difference in being blunt to someone just belittling and being very rude,

of course there is.

I agree"

definitely ,there is a fine line, and sometimes people send you very rude and abusive messages relating to a post you might have submitted ,thats clearly not acceptable .

over a year ago

hexham

"There's a difference in being blunt to someone just belittling and being very rude,

of course there is.

I agree

definitely ,there is a fine line, and sometimes people send you very rude and abusive messages relating to a post you might have submitted ,thats clearly not acceptable ."

Of course,but then report them...i dont think the OP was talking about abusive pms though.

over a year ago

of course there is.

I agree

definitely ,there is a fine line, and sometimes people send you very rude and abusive messages relating to a post you might have submitted ,thats clearly not acceptable .

Of course,but then report them...i dont think the OP was talking about abusive pms though."

i have !!...i think i know what he was referring to .

over a year ago

What have I missed???

over a year ago

I daren't comment other than to say that's a quite that Mick mcarthy has made popular recently (though he ended it by saying u shouldn't air them in public) and Mick is in my bad books!!!

over a year ago

"I daren't comment other than to say that's a quite that Mick mcarthy has made popular recently (though he ended it by saying u shouldn't air them in public) and Mick is in my bad books!!!"

My grandad use to say it Years ago

over a year ago

And I was saying in general and not picking out a certain post

over a year ago

Was he a Yorkshireman?? Yeah I'm guessing mad Mick didn't invent as the geezer ain't clever enough!!!!!

over a year ago

"I daren't comment other than to say that's a quite that Mick mcarthy has made popular recently (though he ended it by saying u shouldn't air them in public) and Mick is in my bad books!!!

My grandad use to say it Years ago "

saywhat ???

over a year ago

Backsides everyone has one like opinions lol though yours looks lovely in public imalady!! See Mick mcarthy really don't know what he's on about pmsl

over a year ago

"Backsides everyone has one like opinions lol though yours looks lovely in public imalady!! See Mick mcarthy really don't know what he's on about pmsl"

ah right..... and thank you !!

over a year ago

Pleasure though bit cold today for getting ur backside out!!

over a year ago

"Anyone who is very rude will be banned...

Seriously,the mods keep things civil,if you think they have missed something report it,but i think you might need a thicker skin,as the forum has been remarkably well behaved recently."

not entirely true. the mods have yet to ban a woman on here for calling me a racist word (p@%*) and i reported her on thursday. Bang out of order, especially when i was very polite and tried to engage a conversation.

over a year ago

I've always thought that if you don't want to hear the answer, then perhaps it's best you don't ask the question... but your mileage may vary.

Lots ask questions as a way of self-validation or approval. The truth is that no-one needs others to tell them that what or who they are is right.. or that their cap fits. They are just fine the way they are - they're themselves, and not apeing someone else, or trying emulate all the desires of concensus just because it's the easiest way to fit in and 'blend'. It's not important that someone is 'all things to all people', but more that they have unique individual characteristics which not all may like, but all respect.

Wolf

over a year ago

"Pleasure though bit cold today for getting ur backside out!! "

it is ive even got me fleecy slippers on!trying to resist putting the heating on

over a year ago

In an open forum you are always going to have people who either misinterpret a thread or have a depth of feeling on a subject that they feel they need to express (rightly or wrongly).

My usual reaction to such opinion is usually or and I think that sometimes a grimace emoticon could be a useful addition !

Whilst I don't think that some comments should be allowed to ride, neither do I feel that adding negativity to negativity is the way forward.

That just makes the situation worse and turns it into a bun fight at the OK Corale !

over a year ago

People don't always get banned for being rude. If it's a first offence then they might have had a warning. Thankfully I haven't had to report many people but when I have, admin have taken action.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Seriously,the mods keep things civil,if you think they have missed something report it,but i think you might need a thicker skin,as the forum has been remarkably well behaved recently.

not entirely true. the mods have yet to ban a woman on here for calling me a racist word (p@%*) and i reported her on thursday. Bang out of order, especially when i was very polite and tried to engage a conversation."

That would be admin that deals with reports not the mods,report again giving as much detail as you can

over a year ago

"

That just makes the situation worse and turns it into a bun fight at the OK Corale !"

are they sticky buns?... if so count me in (though I'm especially partial to a Chelsea bun)...

Wolf

over a year ago

"Pleasure though bit cold today for getting ur backside out!!

it is ive even got me fleecy slippers on!trying to resist putting the heating on "

And that's why I haven't left my van all morning, I may stay in here till April, in fact will set my calendar alarm clock now lol

over a year ago

hexham

not entirely true. the mods have yet to ban a woman on here for calling me a racist word (p@%*) and i reported her on thursday. Bang out of order, especially when i was very polite and tried to engage a conversation."

i assume that was in pm...which admin deal with,mods look after the forum,pics and chat...

Sorry about the racism...and hope it doesnt put u off being polite...

over a year ago

hexham

not entirely true. the mods have yet to ban a woman on here for calling me a racist word (p@%*) and i reported her on thursday. Bang out of order, especially when i was very polite and tried to engage a conversation.

That would be admin that deals with reports not the mods,report again giving as much detail as you can "

Whoops didnt see yo had already replied

over a year ago

"How come when some ppl ask for advice or help they seem to get negative or snid comments,if you ain't got any help or advice for them why bother trying to belittle ppl,

Remember opinions are like arseholes,everyone has got one but u dont need to hear them all the time "

Its like that at times, some are bitter and feel the need to put others down. I always think the ones who consistently do it must have very unhappy life's if they are bitter so often.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Haters be hatin dude.

Post new Message to Thread