Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Service charge included

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you still tip?

If its not and service was poor to average do you tip then as well?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Only on very remote lanes and after midnight.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

went out for tea, the bill was £21.35, I left £25.

service was excellent and they were very welcoming

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

tip: never stand up in canoe

By *DSRMan
over a year ago

leicester

I only leave a tip if it's a take away, as a thanks for delievering it... if it's room service (included)

If it's a bill at a restaurant, i don't wanna look tight... So i'd round it up to the nearest pound or give a note and not even mention a tip

I don't get a tip everytime i load a lorry so why should i give someone a tip for doing less work than i do?

BAAA HUMBUG!!!

By *urreyfun2008Man
over a year ago

East Grinstead

Yes stil particularly if service was good. If its as bad as a fast food place, then pay for food and that is all.

When eating out alone I tend to tip better, simply to show that single people eating out are not tight fisted.

over a year ago

Went out for a meal in Basingstoke and the bill came with an automatic service charge added but it was sin with the food and not separate.

That would of been ok but the service was crap and the food even poorer.

So take that bill back and remove the service charge .

Tip "sort your act out"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im a really good tipper if the service is good. I was a waitress many moons ago and i know what its like. The best tip i ever gave was for my sons 18th and i gave them £60 but it was an expensive meal. I had gone in and arranged with the manageress how i wanted everything done and they did it perfectly.

I rarely pay for a meal though lol. Jay tips 10%

By *ue care and attentionWoman
over a year ago

birmingham

I always think a tip is meant for the waiter/waitress not for the restaurant and if you leave the tip with your bill, the restaurant takes it and not often is is passed onto the person who you are thanking for good service.

If they are still about when I have finished my meal I always try to discretely pass them the tip as some restaurants make them add them to the pot for all to share. A discrete handshake usually works

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I always tip for some services, such as a hairdresser (about 10%) or a taxi driver, usually about 50-60p minimum.

If eating out, I'm mindful of my career in Hotels and Catering, when tiops were useful to augment the low wages. If there was a tronc for all tips from which all personnel in the Restaurant got a share, all good and well, but if I was lucky, & got a tip directly from the customer, my Restaurant Manager never intervened and took it off me.

So, where the service is good, I always ensure the waiter/ess gets the tip direct. If service was sloppy, they or the restaurant don't get anything.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I always tip for some services, such as a hairdresser (about 10%) or a taxi driver, usually about 50-60p minimum.

If eating out, I'm mindful of my career in Hotels and Catering, when tiops were useful to augment the low wages. If there was a tronc for all tips from which all personnel in the Restaurant got a share, all good and well, but if I was lucky, & got a tip directly from the customer, my Restaurant Manager never intervened and took it off me.

So, where the service is good, I always ensure the waiter/ess gets the tip direct. If service was sloppy, they or the restaurant don't get anything."

Hums George Michael :

I knew you were waiting . . .

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Tipping is an archaic throwback from harsher times.

People should be paid a decent salary. No one should be earning below the minimum wage..

Why do some jobs attract tips and not others.

Not tipping does not mean you thought the service was shit. That person does earn a salary.

Why tip taxi's , hairdressers, waiters etc and not a police officer , a politician or a lawyer ?

over a year ago

"

Why tip taxi's , hairdressers, waiters etc and not a police officer , a politician or a lawyer ?"

Like to tip most politicians of a cliff

over a year ago

I never tip. The price displayed is the price I pay, if they don't pay their workers enough to begin with it's not my problem.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

strange one this but if you are not happy with service you can ask for service charge to be removed then tip individual waiter , waitress

over a year ago

If the service is good I tip

If the Servic is bad I won't

Post new Message to Thread