Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Children

Jump to newest

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

An article on This morning was a woman saying she loved one of her children more....and her other kids know it and call him golden balls.

Do you have a favourite child you love more? Or is it an equal thing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Love both of my Two little Princes equally....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

she is setting herself up to break their hearts in the future.... all of them !!!

ya reap what ya sow.

I watched it as well xx

By *eppersCouple
over a year ago

telford

I love all my children equally but must admit to having a special bond with my first born.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think its pretty common tbh.... More than ppl think.....

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I felt really uneasy watching it, imagine what the siblings are thinking.

Saying that, I do know someone who I think favours one kid over the other, so I suppose it must happen.

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I think its pretty common tbh.... More than ppl think....."

Yeah I think so, but a lot probably wouldn't be so honest to admit it.

over a year ago

nope love all 3 the same

if you have more than 1 you love diffrent things about diffrent children but would never say i have a favorite?

auds xx

over a year ago

"An article on This morning was a woman saying she loved one of her children more....and her other kids know it and call him golden balls.

Do you have a favourite child you love more? Or is it an equal thing?"

I wouldn't say I loved any of mine more, though I love different things about them. The eldest is 16 now, & a pain in the arse, but I still love her!

over a year ago

"I think its pretty common tbh.... More than ppl think.....

Yeah I think so, but a lot probably wouldn't be so honest to admit it."

I was treated a lot differently than my brother.... Still happens to this day..... He can do no wrong.... There was always excuses made for his bad behaviour etc...... But hey ho I turned out better than him anyway lol....

over a year ago

There are some things you can think but should never speak out loud. This is one of them. How the other kids must feel towards their favoured sibling I can only guess.

I love my two (and the third on the way) 33.33333334% equally. My eldest daughter I couldn't be more proud of and my son is just simply too cute for words, my youngest daughter is yet to be born and I don't even know her yet but I love her just the same as her brother and sister.

over a year ago

We love all our kids the same but have bonded different with each one if that makes sense to anyone else.

over a year ago

"We love all our kids the same but have bonded different with each one if that makes sense to anyone else."

It makes perfect sense.

over a year ago

I've always wondered about this....I only have one at the moment and although would absolutely love to have another I can't imagine loving one more than the other.

On the other hand it was always clear when I was growiing up that my Mother favoured one of my Sisters!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

When I was pregnant with my second one I used to think how could I possibly have that much love in me to give to another baby

As soon as she was born it was just obvious,you do have that much love and it does'nt mean theres any less to go around,your heart just creates more

I would hate to be the child that feels they're loved less

over a year ago

i love all my 5 boys the same.

i got few other sisters and brother but i was daddy little girl

over a year ago

wouldnt say i was loved any more or less than my brothers n sister. but i was the mummys boy and classed as spoiled

over a year ago

I love my children equally... sometimes i dont like them much tho!!!

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Think its wrong to have a favourite... I saw the damage it did to my ex's family.. it's just wrong...

Wolf

over a year ago

I think thats realy mean. Even if you do like one more than the other one, you shouldnt ever show it. I only have one son but if i did have another one, i would treat them both exactly the same. Its like some people prefer their kids when their babies. I never felt like that. I always thought the world of my son whatever age he was.

over a year ago

I am going to admit it having a bit of a wobble when my 2nd son was born as i had hoped for a girl it lasted for all of a cpl of mins while they cleaned him up but as soon as he was in my arms i knew i loved him just the same as my first born.

I do also admit to having said to all my kids at some point I dont like your behaviour but I love you to death x

over a year ago

I love my children the same, but I have a soft spot for my youngest and my first born. My middle daughter keeps me at arms length for some reason...unless she needs something.

I've been hugged and kissed more times by her boyfriend of two years than I have from her.

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

[Removed by poster at 14/10/11 13:44:02]

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

As one of five children (2 older brothers, 2 younger sisters), I never felt either of my parents loved anyone of us more than another. However, I was "daddy's girl" and my youngest sister is definitely "mummy's girl". In each case it is just a special connection. My dad was my hero (how I miss him) but I didn't love him more than my mum. Surely we love who we love as individuals. I know my mum gets on best with my youngest sister....but I would never suggest that mum loves her more than me or any of the other three siblings.

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Much as I have tried to be different I have a much stronger bond with my son. We went through 3 years of not speaking when he came out and now he is my best friend and the one I can talk to about anything.My daughter is a lovely girl but we are not at all close on a personal level ..mainly since she met her boyfriend at 22 she left us for him and has never returned .She 36 now so I dont think things will ever change.

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

We count ourselves as very lucky. We love both of our kids and are very proud of their acheivements.

Do we love one more than the other? Nope! But we do love them differently.. I can't even explain it very well, but I suppose our daughter is loved in a "girly" way and our son, well as a son! I suppose that I do feel more protective towards our daughter and less so towards our son..

Oh dear, better shut up before I dig a hole! can't explain, so will leave it at that!

over a year ago

Like HPC I was so besotted with my firstborn my daughter, I was afraid I'd never love the next one the same.

My mum told me babies bring their own love and she was right, each of my children fill my heart with love pride and hope for the future.

They and my wee grandson are all wonderful in my eyes and I'd give my life for any of them. xxx

over a year ago

yeah my faves my eldest cause chances are she'll move out first lol

seriously no i do not have a favourate child

I lost one of my children at 20 months old and i am just grateful of the 3 beautiful girls i have and for their health

They drive me nuts at times but i love them all dearly as equals

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

Love both daughters equally. Couldnt and wouldn't make a differnce.

over a year ago

"I love my children the same, but I have a soft spot for my youngest and my first born. My middle daughter keeps me at arms length for some reason...unless she needs something.

I've been hugged and kissed more times by her boyfriend of two years than I have from her. "

middle child syndrome

they actually did research into this

as lots of children with problems, and that covers a wide range of things, always seemed to be the middle child

Apparently most parents bond with their first born and baby their youngest but the middle child does not seem to have a place

I must admit my middle daughter was always the one i had problems with, as you said i was always kept at arms lenth and she used to really play up for attention when she was younger

makes me wounder wether subconsciously is it something we do, it was never something i was awear if if it did happen i always tried to treat all my kids the same

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

The middle child syndrome is something I have witnessed first hand with a relative who had three daughters.

The middle one always seemed to be overlooked while growing up, I don't think it was intentional but their relationship suffered.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

best way not to have favourites is not to have them in the first place

over a year ago

No I don't have a favourite child ..

I hate all kids equally as much

over a year ago

But then there are people in this world that dont love or care about any of their children it hurts me to see it and how can you not care at all? let them walk around like they live on the streets under fed while you walk around in nice designer stuff and go out clubbing all the time grrrrr

over a year ago

i love all my 4 kids the same but not on giro day

By *amchris7979Couple
over a year ago

london

our son is 4 but we have another girl and boy that are 23 and 25 and we love them all the same what ever they become or do we will be happy to just have had them in ours life

Post new Message to Thread