over a year ago

"Can I just say

Mark Tremonti

Guitar legend

Solo tour tickets

£27

If he can do it

Why can’t anyone else ?"

So many bands/artists I'd like to see but the ticket prices are crazy. My first concert back in 1986 was Bon Jovi and the ticket cost me £6.00!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

Won some tix to see Joe Bonamassa last yea4 and he was excellent, if I’d paid it’d have been £55, just seen he’s on again in March and the cheap seats are £76! As opposed to Weller who’s on this week doing a 2+hour set for about £45.

When started going gigs in 1982 the ticket price roughly equated what the bands new album would have cost, have seen Maiden and Motörhead for less than a fiver . These days it’s daylight robbery from some artists.

Top tip is that Groupon sometimes shift poor selling tickets at half price, they did the Damneds recent tour at £13-14 as it wasn’t selling great

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I went to that

I had hair

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My first concert was take that and cost £12.50!

I went to see reverend and the makers a couple of years back at the koko club and cost just £10, brilliant night!

Geeky x

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I paid £400 for two tickets to Guns n Roses last year, the online ticket sites are a joke. Ticket master crashed the second they went on sale then when the site came back online 5 minutes later it was sold out, so I paid double through "Get Me in". I'm expecting the same when I try to get Rolling Stones tickets this Friday.....

By *organ and rob zombieCouple
over a year ago

bradford

I can’t help wonder how much the artists see of the entry fee? We live for music, go see bands all the time but it’s rare we pay over £30 a ticket, any dearer than that we simply aren’t going!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Foos in June, £167 each, then £325 for the hotel. Good job he thought he loved me when he bought the tickets!

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"I paid £400 for two tickets to Guns n Roses last year, the online ticket sites are a joke. Ticket master crashed the second they went on sale then when the site came back online 5 minutes later it was sold out, so I paid double through "Get Me in". I'm expecting the same when I try to get Rolling Stones tickets this Friday....."
there’s a pre sale on their website I believe, might be worth a look

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I have seen Rammstein twice, once at the o2 the other Wembley arena both times the tickets were £85. Worth every penny, if you have them

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot.

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"I have seen Rammstein twice, once at the o2 the other Wembley arena both times the tickets were £85. Worth every penny, if you have them

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot."

well said. About 5 years ago we went to a French metal festival the Hellfest and the weekend price was about £60 cheaper than the U.K. metal fests and included camping as a freebie. And there’s a Belgian event even cheaper, so the same high calibre bands for way cheaper.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"I have seen Rammstein twice, once at the o2 the other Wembley arena both times the tickets were £85. Worth every penny, if you have them

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot. well said. About 5 years ago we went to a French metal festival the Hellfest and the weekend price was about £60 cheaper than the U.K. metal fests and included camping as a freebie. And there’s a Belgian event even cheaper, so the same high calibre bands for way cheaper. "

Jammy bugger, I would have gone to them if I had of known about them.

I looked at download. For the tickets and camping for the weekend, the tickets were about £400 plus. Way too expensive if you ask me.

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot. well said. About 5 years ago we went to a French metal festival the Hellfest and the weekend price was about £60 cheaper than the U.K. metal fests and included camping as a freebie. And there’s a Belgian event even cheaper, so the same high calibre bands for way cheaper.

Jammy bugger, I would have gone to them if I had of known about them.

I looked at download. For the tickets and camping for the weekend, the tickets were about £400 plus. Way too expensive if you ask me."

agreed we’re doing a German fest in Munich in June with Maiden on, its similar to U.K. prices but we’ve not done Germany for a few years , luckily flights are dirt cheap and hotels not bank breaking. Too old now to bloody camp

over a year ago

It's a generalisation and probably simplistic but no one buys music anymore, everyone streams it for free. Ticket costs reflect that.

over a year ago

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot. well said. About 5 years ago we went to a French metal festival the Hellfest and the weekend price was about £60 cheaper than the U.K. metal fests and included camping as a freebie. And there’s a Belgian event even cheaper, so the same high calibre bands for way cheaper. "

Went to hellfext a few years ago, and at that point it was cheaper to buy tickets and eurostar than it would have been to buy tickets to a UK festival.

The other thing that struck me was the half a euro booking fee compared to what Ticketmaster charge here.

The difference in price is quite often down to promoters, the booking agents, the venue all adding huge fees which is less the case in europe. Conversely UK acts in America will always be more expensive than US acts because of the ridiculous visa fees that US charge bands

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot. well said. About 5 years ago we went to a French metal festival the Hellfest and the weekend price was about £60 cheaper than the U.K. metal fests and included camping as a freebie. And there’s a Belgian event even cheaper, so the same high calibre bands for way cheaper.

Went to hellfext a few years ago, and at that point it was cheaper to buy tickets and eurostar than it would have been to buy tickets to a UK festival.

The other thing that struck me was the half a euro booking fee compared to what Ticketmaster charge here.

The difference in price is quite often down to promoters, the booking agents, the venue all adding huge fees which is less the case in europe. Conversely UK acts in America will always be more expensive than US acts because of the ridiculous visa fees that US charge bands"

good point, have only ever seen US acts in the US and Canada and was a time when the pound was good vs the dollar so we felt great value. And good point re booking fees. The frustration we had with the German ones we just booked was the booking fees were reasonable BUT as we were non German in term of address, they refused us a print at home or eticket option and forced us to have the tix delivered via bloody UPS. So I have the tickets but paid an eye watering €37 postage charge.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Bugger that, I pay a fiver at my local blues club, or go to one of many free venues or festivals!

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot."

Rammstein are the only band I have any interest in seeing. Would I pay big bucks to see them...I don't know...may be.

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Ticket prices are expensive and then they have the cheek to add on a £4.50 booking fee per ticket even when it’s electronic!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

It's not so much the face value of tickets I disagree with - with some exceptions they're generally comparable to tickets for the theatre or major sporting events - what I disagree with are extortionate booking fees (that in some cases can add £10-£15 to the price) and some of the sharp practices of ticket agencies and some artists that restrict "normal" sales and push people to the secondary markets where ridiculous prices are charged.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"Can I just say

Mark Tremonti

Guitar legend

Solo tour tickets

£27

If he can do it

Why can’t anyone else ?"

Depends who 'anyone else' is?

I've just looked and he's mainly playing academy size venues, so somwhere between 750-2000 people capacity roughly.

If you're comparing that to an arena or stadium size event, you've got your head in the clouds. not only do those venues cost considerably more to just keep ticking over on dark days, they also cost considerably more on show days.

Average full arena in UK is 15000 people, so for that you need well over 100 security and stewards to get everyone in and out. Since Manchester, theres also been a substantial increase in security needs pre show, such as bomb dogs checking the area and CCTV systems everywhere, so you and your family can go home safely after your night out.

Everyone wants to see 'a show' now, so the scale has increased dramatically, that tech costs money to design, to ship to install and to build.

Average full arena show has upwards of 70 crew on it- something the size of the recent tours by RHCP had in excess of 150 venue, tour and local crew to put that show in and out- Take That had over 240 touring crew alone on their recent tour.

In an academy show, everyone looks at the stage as best they can, an arena show they want to see the artist wherever they sit/stand- so at best you'll have four high power projectors at about £40k+ each, plus screens or maybe a full stage LED screen at about £1m for a 60x20ft array. Thats not including the rather expensive cameras and more expensive lenses and the fibre optic cabling back to the rather expensive vision mixer...all needing crew.

An arena PA system is into 6 figures and the lighting rig even more. all that gets hung from a roof by a rigging team and every single item in that roof, including the roof itself, requires annual inspection so it doesn't fall on your head- most shows are usually run past structural engineers to ensure they comply with the loading factors of the roof. The stage and safety barriers are also inspected anually by experts.

Each show uses enough power to run a small housing estate and you also need to factor in other utilites such as water and waste for 15000 people.

On top of that, you need to consider various insurances- including show insurances for both venue and tour- in case theres a need to cancel for everything from sick artists to snow...so you can get your money back and they don't take too much of a financial hit.

I could go on and on and on, but if you want to pay £5 for a gig- go support your local up and coming artists who just need their own instruments and maybe a few amps- they'll apreciate the money.

If you think you can see a large scale show for 80's prices, stop downloading stuff for free and feel free to ask your boss to pay you an appropriate 80's wage for your work

over a year ago

Saw Iron Maiden near Finsbury park London 1980 for £2:50 Even Ozzy Osbourne in the 80s was less than £20

over a year ago

Dreading the price of Kylie tickets tomorrow. She’s worth it though.

The gig I’m at tomorrow night was £16.50.

Last Fridays gig was £15

Fall Out Boy end of March £36.

I pay because I want the experience and if the artist is worth it to me I consider it money well spent.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"Dreading the price of Kylie tickets tomorrow. She’s worth it though.

Last Fridays gig was £15

I pay because I want the experience and if the artist is worth it to me I consider it money well spent. "

Damn how did I not know Fall Out Boy were touring?!!!

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"Can I just say

Mark Tremonti

Guitar legend

Solo tour tickets

£27

If he can do it

Why can’t anyone else ?"

Who?

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

Until people stop paying it won't change.

But that won't happen anytime soon.

over a year ago

I agree with you though, some ticket prices could do with dropping an awful lot.

Rammstein are the only band I have any interest in seeing. Would I pay big bucks to see them...I don't know...may be. "

I've seen Rammstein a few times and have paid around £50 each. I would pay more though as they are fantastic live and I feel worth it

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Saw Iron Maiden near Finsbury park London 1980 for £2:50 Even Ozzy Osbourne in the 80s was less than £20"

Thin Lizzy Woolwich Poly - 50p!

over a year ago

took the mrs to see janet jackson few yrs back we were that far away coulda been jessie jackson 65 quid a tkt

over a year ago

Big ticket prices for a video of a band too far away to actually see most of the time.

I have paid for Rammstein, Stones, etc. And enjoyed them but only because I forgot the ticket price by the time I saw the gig.

Often prefer cover band's in the local pub where you watch real people playing instruments a few feet away.

Watched Bon Jovi on a Friday, and a Bon Jovi tribute on the Saturday... Think I enjoyed the tribute act more, £8 entry and no video screen.

As long as tickets sell out the price will continue to rise.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Saw Iron Maiden near Finsbury park London 1980 for £2:50 Even Ozzy Osbourne in the 80s was less than £20"

My fist ever gig was AC/DC in Derby at The Queen's Hall in 1977, must have cost about a couple of quid tops and about 25p per pint

I've been to quite a few festivals over the years, but prefer to go to local pubs to see up & coming bands now

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"

Velvet rope said lots of accurate sensible things."

You are a man who knows his stuff... *Thinks of lots of innuendo regarding podgers and the like...*

over a year ago

"Can I just say

Mark Tremonti

Guitar legend

Solo tour tickets

£27

If he can do it

Why can’t anyone else ?

Depends who 'anyone else' is?

I've just looked and he's mainly playing academy size venues, so somwhere between 750-2000 people capacity roughly.

If you're comparing that to an arena or stadium size event, you've got your head in the clouds. not only do those venues cost considerably more to just keep ticking over on dark days, they also cost considerably more on show days.

Average full arena in UK is 15000 people, so for that you need well over 100 security and stewards to get everyone in and out. Since Manchester, theres also been a substantial increase in security needs pre show, such as bomb dogs checking the area and CCTV systems everywhere, so you and your family can go home safely after your night out.

Everyone wants to see 'a show' now, so the scale has increased dramatically, that tech costs money to design, to ship to install and to build.

Average full arena show has upwards of 70 crew on it- something the size of the recent tours by RHCP had in excess of 150 venue, tour and local crew to put that show in and out- Take That had over 240 touring crew alone on their recent tour.

In an academy show, everyone looks at the stage as best they can, an arena show they want to see the artist wherever they sit/stand- so at best you'll have four high power projectors at about £40k+ each, plus screens or maybe a full stage LED screen at about £1m for a 60x20ft array. Thats not including the rather expensive cameras and more expensive lenses and the fibre optic cabling back to the rather expensive vision mixer...all needing crew.

An arena PA system is into 6 figures and the lighting rig even more. all that gets hung from a roof by a rigging team and every single item in that roof, including the roof itself, requires annual inspection so it doesn't fall on your head- most shows are usually run past structural engineers to ensure they comply with the loading factors of the roof. The stage and safety barriers are also inspected anually by experts.

Each show uses enough power to run a small housing estate and you also need to factor in other utilites such as water and waste for 15000 people.

On top of that, you need to consider various insurances- including show insurances for both venue and tour- in case theres a need to cancel for everything from sick artists to snow...so you can get your money back and they don't take too much of a financial hit.

I could go on and on and on, but if you want to pay £5 for a gig- go support your local up and coming artists who just need their own instruments and maybe a few amps- they'll apreciate the money.

If you think you can see a large scale show for 80's prices, stop downloading stuff for free and feel free to ask your boss to pay you an appropriate 80's wage for your work"

Alannis morrisette London Apollo £105

Robert Plant Wolves civic £70

I could go on

Head stuck in the clouds?

Up your pal

over a year ago

"Can I just say

Mark Tremonti

Guitar legend

Solo tour tickets

£27

If he can do it

Why can’t anyone else ?

Who?"

Guitarist in Alter Bridge

Google time

over a year ago

cheapest i’ve paid for a ticket was £30, that was U2 1987 Wembley, most expensive was £250, U2 at Slane Castle 2001

over a year ago

£5 to see the Stone Rose, but have just paid far far too much to see the Rolling Stones in Manchester

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

It is ironic though that people will pay hundreds of pounds to watch an established act, from a distance where you need to have a big screen to actually see anything. BUT they won't pay a tenner to see couple of up-and-coming groups at their local pub. All the big names started playing in pubs, and the next big things are out there too.

Cal

over a year ago

There's no money in record sales anymore so touring is where artists make their money, I don't mind paying it to see someone I like

over a year ago

Last Fridays gig was £15

I pay because I want the experience and if the artist is worth it to me I consider it money well spent.

Damn how did I not know Fall Out Boy were touring?!!!"

I didn’t either. My emo kid 11 year old did however and begged me for tickets.

over a year ago

Just seen price for Rolling Stones

£300

Wow

Oh to the guy that knows it all

Metallica no where else to roam at Milton Keynes

£27 a ticket

£1000000 profit for one night

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"

Oh to the guy that knows it all

Metallica no where else to roam at Milton Keynes

£27 a ticket

£1000000 profit for one night "

You realise there is a difference between profit and income right?

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
over a year ago

belfast

Wouldn't pay more than £25. Mainly go and see punk bands anyway so they usually are cheaper. Too many shows are about the look rather than the sound.

over a year ago

"Wouldn't pay more than £25. Mainly go and see punk bands anyway so they usually are cheaper. Too many shows are about the look rather than the sound. "

Have you seen the fontaines yet ? Idols are great live to

By *ibertine_mindsCouple
over a year ago

Staffs/ Derbys/ Peak District

"There's no money in record sales anymore so touring is where artists make their money, I don't mind paying it to see someone I like "

This

First 'gig' paid cost 7s 6d (38p) in 1967 to see four different bands - The Hollies, Spencer Davis Group, Paul Jones, The Tremeloes. Six months later The Who, Traffic, Marmalade, The Herd for the same price.

Happy to pay whatever it is now if it's a band I want to see. Don't usually buy any of the merchandise though these days - now THAT is overpriced!

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"

I could go on

Up your pal "

Bob Plant playing a hometown gig for the first time in years- and you think £70 tickets won't fly out the door all day long? Granted its high for the Civic, but thats a hell of a venue to see someone of that stature- shame my mate isn't still the boss there, wouldn't mind seeing that one!

Alanis Morrisette on the other hand- tad cheeky on that price I agree

and up yours too Sir- right up it

over a year ago

"

I could go on

Up your pal

Bob Plant playing a hometown gig for the first time in years- and you think £70 tickets won't fly out the door all day long? Granted its high for the Civic, but thats a hell of a venue to see someone of that stature- shame my mate isn't still the boss there, wouldn't mind seeing that one!

and up yours too Sir- right up it "

Totally agree with everything you have said people just don’t realise just what it takes to put on any type of event now and expect everything for nothing. People who work in the music industry do it as a career and not a hobby as most seem to think. Everyone has to make a living and pay for a pension etc and no one does it for the love of it or for being insulted and called a “roadie” by some “pen pusher”.

You also forgot to mention the price of diesel to transport all of the equipment and people around the world. If you don’t want to pay proper money to see a show then they will stop coming, prices go up with the economy not through profit making. That’s done at the bar haha

Oh and next time any of you go to a gig please don’t ask the lighting designer not to shine lights in your eyes or tell the sound engineer what you thought of the sound of the vocals....or they may just come to your work and tell you their opinion on your job !

over a year ago

£20 next Friday to watch stiff little fingers and the ruts in Cardiff, absolute bargain.

By *ercuryMan
over a year ago

Grantham

Some off the secondary ticket market is owned by the likes of Ticketmaster.

So when the venue says "sold out" a giga-second after the tickets go on sale, yet secondary agencies have plenty of tickets at inflated prices, then you do have to question the motives at work here.

The greater the ticket price, the less money available to spend on the lucrative merchandising market. It's starting to come home to some bands now.

over a year ago

Went to see Tina Turner with ex wife few years ago at £175 a ticket but went to Englands first rugby match at twickenham for 6 nations 2018 took dad daughter and step mum at £615 a ticket would have been cheaper to fly to italy for stay all inclusive 4* hotel for 3 days and watch it for what i paid for x4 tickets

over a year ago

"Went to see Tina Turner with ex wife few years ago at £175 a ticket but went to Englands first rugby match at twickenham for 6 nations 2018 took dad daughter and step mum at £615 a ticket would have been cheaper to fly to italy for stay all inclusive 4* hotel for 3 days and watch it for what i paid for x4 tickets "
thats for all 4 of us as well

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

"£20 next Friday to watch stiff little fingers and the ruts in Cardiff, absolute bargain. "

I'm jealous,by any chance do you know who is singing and who is on guitar for The Ruts. I saw them years ago...enjoy...enjoy..enjoy

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

"

I could go on

Up your pal

and up yours too Sir- right up it

Totally agree with everything you have said people just don’t realise just what it takes to put on any type of event now and expect everything for nothing. People who work in the music industry do it as a career and not a hobby as most seem to think. Everyone has to make a living and pay for a pension etc and no one does it for the love of it or for being insulted and called a “roadie” by some “pen pusher”.

You also forgot to mention the price of diesel to transport all of the equipment and people around the world. If you don’t want to pay proper money to see a show then they will stop coming, prices go up with the economy not through profit making. That’s done at the bar haha

Oh and next time any of you go to a gig please don’t ask the lighting designer not to shine lights in your eyes or tell the sound engineer what you thought of the sound of the vocals....or they may just come to your work and tell you their opinion on your job ! "

If it sounds shit,it sounds shit. They are more than welcome to come and see me at work and tell me what they think. Don't forget to pay the entrance fee of £200 to do so.

over a year ago

We wanted to take our Son to watch the rolling stones this year, but I can't justify nearly a £1k for a night out son will be giving it a miss.

Ginger

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"It is ironic though that people will pay hundreds of pounds to watch an established act, from a distance where you need to have a big screen to actually see anything. BUT they won't pay a tenner to see couple of up-and-coming groups at their local pub. All the big names started playing in pubs, and the next big things are out there too.

Cal"

So true

You can also see bands that are no longer "big" for fantastic prices.

We saw The Hoosiers last year and the tickets were £10/15. Great atmosphere, and a much better overall experience in a smaller venue close to the band.

Nita

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"

Oh and next time any of you go to a gig please don’t ask the lighting designer not to shine lights in your eyes or tell the sound engineer what you thought of the sound of the vocals....or they may just come to your work and tell you their opinion on your job ! "

Or start asking questions about the gear... (I once got asked if I knew what all the knobs did)

I did once break the rule and fangirled a little bit and said I was a fan and blown away by the best outdoor arena sound I'd ever heard... Then muttered 'oh god what have I done' and ran away like an embarrassed idiot.

over a year ago

"

Oh and next time any of you go to a gig please don’t ask the lighting designer not to shine lights in your eyes or tell the sound engineer what you thought of the sound of the vocals....or they may just come to your work and tell you their opinion on your job !

Or start asking questions about the gear... (I once got asked if I knew what all the knobs did)

I did once break the rule and fangirled a little bit and said I was a fan and blown away by the best outdoor arena sound I'd ever heard... Then muttered 'oh god what have I done' and ran away like an embarrassed idiot."

I got asked that once and I quite innocently replied “yes I can show you what all the knobs do if you like” to which she got all flustered and made a quick exit ....

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"

I did once break the rule and fangirled a little bit and said I was a fan and blown away by the best outdoor arena sound I'd ever heard... Then muttered 'oh god what have I done' and ran away like an embarrassed idiot.

I got asked that once and I quite innocently replied “yes I can show you what all the knobs do if you like” to which she got all flustered and made a quick exit ...."

Please tell me you're the man in the couple? Cause obviously being female that line wouldn't have the same impact from me...

over a year ago

£62 for Def Leppard in December.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Last Fridays gig was £15

Damn how did I not know Fall Out Boy were touring?!!!

I didn’t either. My emo kid 11 year old did however and begged me for tickets. "

Unfortunately my teenage daughter hates Fall Out Boy but could tell you precisely where each member of Green Day are currently!! Even more unfortunately Fall Out Boy are sold out for London

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Well I got my Rolling Stones tickets, "only" paid £450 for two but it's the Stones, and I probably won't get chance to see them again.

over a year ago

Simply ticket price = Demand +20%

over a year ago

"Well I got my Rolling Stones tickets, "only" paid £450 for two but it's the Stones, and I probably won't get chance to see them again."

I thought that on the 40th anniversary tour haha.

over a year ago

"£20 next Friday to watch stiff little fingers and the ruts in Cardiff, absolute bargain.

I'm jealous,by any chance do you know who is singing and who is on guitar for The Ruts. I saw them years ago...enjoy...enjoy..enjoy"

Paul fox is singing, not sure who's on guitar, saw them last year in Belfast with SLF, the strangulers and the outcasts, an amazing gig.

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"£20 next Friday to watch stiff little fingers and the ruts in Cardiff, absolute bargain.

I'm jealous,by any chance do you know who is singing and who is on guitar for The Ruts. I saw them years ago...enjoy...enjoy..enjoy

Paul fox is singing, not sure who's on guitar, saw them last year in Belfast with SLF, the strangulers and the outcasts, an amazing gig."

ruts dc opned for the damned a couple of years back and were incredible

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Paul fox is singing, not sure who's on guitar, saw them last year in Belfast with SLF, the strangulers and the outcasts, an amazing gig."

Scratching my head a bit here,Paul Fox died ten years ago. Or are we talking a different Paul Fox here.

By *obwithkiltMan
over a year ago

Belton

I recently went searching for Pearl Jam tickets and just basic ones were 80 quid a pop!!

However I saw two amazing bands locally for 15..beans on toast & skinny lister....beans is going to cost me 16 to see on his own!

And at same venue I see 4 bands in one night every month for the princely sum of 3 quid...and it's cheaper for students!!! Cracking new bands Just on their way into the big world

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Prefer to pay £10-15 to see 2 or 3 decent local bands.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Prefer to pay £10-15 to see 2 or 3 decent local bands. "

Yes

It's so important to support local music venues. More and more are going out of business and makes it so much harder for up and coming musicians.

Nita

over a year ago

I went to see stone sour at Leeds last year i paid £14 per ticket and iron maiden for a £1

Most expensive was five finger death punch I paid £350 for meet and greet tickets well worth it though

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

Paul fox is singing, not sure who's on guitar, saw them last year in Belfast with SLF, the strangulers and the outcasts, an amazing gig.

Scratching my head a bit here,Paul Fox died ten years ago. Or are we talking a different Paul Fox here."

don’t know who’s on guitar, Segs does most of the singing now, him and Ruffy are the 2 originals left. They had a girl singing with them also

over a year ago

"I went to see stone sour at Leeds last year i paid £14 per ticket and iron maiden for a £1

Most expensive was five finger death punch I paid £350 for meet and greet tickets well worth it though"

I really find the idea of meet and greet tickets repugnant. Plenty of musicians make themselves available to their fans without charging a small fortune

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"I went to see stone sour at Leeds last year i paid £14 per ticket and iron maiden for a £1

Most expensive was five finger death punch I paid £350 for meet and greet tickets well worth it though

I really find the idea of meet and greet tickets repugnant. Plenty of musicians make themselves available to their fans without charging a small fortune "

But you usually get a bag and a VIP laminate for your money

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

Scratching my head a bit here,Paul Fox died ten years ago. Or are we talking a different Paul Fox here. don’t know who’s on guitar, Segs does most of the singing now, him and Ruffy are the 2 originals left. They had a girl singing with them also"

Cheers for that,it makes sense now.

By *uninlondon69Man
over a year ago

Lewisham

The Wonder Stuff and Ned's Atomic Dustbin are about to start a small UK tour at 1990 prices. Shepherd's Bush Empire tomorrow for £10 including booking fees

Never seen NAD before but TWS are fantastic live.

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"The Wonder Stuff and Ned's Atomic Dustbin are about to start a small UK tour at 1990 prices. Shepherd's Bush Empire tomorrow for £10 including booking fees

Never seen NAD before but TWS are fantastic live."

neds are ok live, but don’t touch Miles and co! Enjoy

By *uninlondon69Man
over a year ago

Lewisham

Saw them a few years ago on their Eight Legged Groove Machine tour. Looking forward to a bit more from Hup and Never Loved Elvis this time.

By *estmidscoupleCouple
over a year ago

West Midlands

"Saw them a few years ago on their Eight Legged Groove Machine tour. Looking forward to a bit more from Hup and Never Loved Elvis this time.

"

seen them on and off since late 80s, never a letdown, Hup is a cracker of an album

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

The difference in price is quite often down to promoters, the booking agents, the venue all adding huge fees which is less the case in europe. Conversely UK acts in America will always be more expensive than US acts because of the ridiculous visa fees that US charge bands"

And you get decent beer as well lol

Post new Message to Thread