Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Depends what number you start with "

15-20=......

over a year ago

The puddles from earlier were beginning to crackle over with ice. It's ok when it's fresh snow, but the ice is dangerous.

over a year ago

"WTF?"

A jumper, a coat, woolly hat and mittens, you'll be just dandy

over a year ago

Are we talking golf here

over a year ago

i've never heard such a stupid load of shite in my life! its february...its a bit cold...schools shut, trains cancelled already...and its really not going to be minus 5 anywhere in the south!!. is there seriously no news? nothing to broadcast except ridiculous padding with rubbish about the weather...my flatmates a teacher, tonight she got an email about not letting the kids out in break time tomorrow, and for the staff, advice to make sure they knew their route home in case of delays, and to leave in groups...the school is in central hounslow!!...its embarrassing.

over a year ago

"i've never heard such a stupid load of shite in my life! its february...its a bit cold...schools shut, trains cancelled already...and its really not going to be minus 5 anywhere in the south!!. is there seriously no news? nothing to broadcast except ridiculous padding with rubbish about the weather...my flatmates a teacher, tonight she got an email about not letting the kids out in break time tomorrow, and for the staff, advice to make sure they knew their route home in case of delays, and to leave in groups...the school is in central hounslow!!...its embarrassing. "

its deadly out there, were all doooooomed

over a year ago

"i've never heard such a stupid load of shite in my life! its february...its a bit cold...schools shut, trains cancelled already...and its really not going to be minus 5 anywhere in the south!!. is there seriously no news? nothing to broadcast except ridiculous padding with rubbish about the weather...my flatmates a teacher, tonight she got an email about not letting the kids out in break time tomorrow, and for the staff, advice to make sure they knew their route home in case of delays, and to leave in groups...the school is in central hounslow!!...its embarrassing. .

its deadly out there, were all doooooomed "

i know! pathetic! it's almost as if we were being encouraged to divert our attention to something so mind numbingly banal that we wouldn't notice far more important things going on...

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Breaking news ! Hose pipe ban starts next week , it hasn’t rained for a week

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

"i've never heard such a stupid load of shite in my life! its february...its a bit cold...schools shut, trains cancelled already...and its really not going to be minus 5 anywhere in the south!!. is there seriously no news? nothing to broadcast except ridiculous padding with rubbish about the weather...my flatmates a teacher, tonight she got an email about not letting the kids out in break time tomorrow, and for the staff, advice to make sure they knew their route home in case of delays, and to leave in groups...the school is in central hounslow!!...its embarrassing. "

Minus 3 here in the north east. Ice under the snow and my car struggled earlier due to poor clearing and grit in street. It'll be amusing tomorrow

By *ammyjayneWoman
over a year ago

hull

I am a bit worried about weather tomorrow. I might have to put my tights on for work. Been fairly mild in Yorkshire today. Much ado about nothing. Still winter so being cold and snow to be expected.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It’s -5 her moving into -6 in an hour according to the XCWeather app. I was taking a photo out the window and just watched someone take the corner too fast, there’s clearly black ice under the snow and they’ve just blown out the tyre on the kerb. Now she’s blocking the road. I’m quite impressed by the number of people who have gone out to help. Restores your faith so it does. I’m going to bed!

I expect to see a full on blizzard in the morning to matche all these amber warnings for the numpties!

over a year ago

Minus 5 here in south Essex at the moment, and due to get colder!

Fuck it's cold enough already, if i wanted cold then I would move up north!

over a year ago

According to Accuweather it is -7 here.

According to the pissed off Brass Monkey, it is welding torch time...

over a year ago

-5 in the Midlands.

over a year ago

Just seen a penguin in a puffa jacket, scarf and mittens

By *ilthyfucks69Couple
over a year ago

Neverland

Unfortunately we live in such a blame and sue everybody culture that this is why everything comes to a stop when we have some snow. If a child slips in school, parents will sue.

If you put grit out and somebody slips, they'll sue. We need to suck it up and get on with it i reckon

Mrs

By *ltravioletWoman
over a year ago

In amongst the Unicorns & fairy dust

i can appreciate what you are saying Annaa , I live in the Lake District ,,,we willl get February weather by Thursday ,,, my sympathy goes out to those who try their best to keep servuces running like trains school buses and all transport ,,, I’ve witnessed one of my local roads blocked with 7 foot of snow for three days in May 2012 ,,, that’s proper white stuff xx

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

-4 and snowing here in rural Wales ... snug in my bed though

over a year ago

-6 here in rural Hampshire, according to the dashboard thermometer!

By *ltravioletWoman
over a year ago

In amongst the Unicorns & fairy dust

"Unfortunately we live in such a blame and sue everybody culture that this is why everything comes to a stop when we have some snow. If a child slips in school, parents will sue.

If you put grit out and somebody slips, they'll sue. We need to suck it up and get on with it i reckon

I totally agree ,,, everyone is responsible for their own health and safety ,,, don’t rely on someone else or blame someone else if you cannot heed the weather warnings ,,,, I have to deal with initial intent to make a claim ,,, the stories I have heard is shocking ,,, why would you attempt to drive through a road full of snow ( unless you have a snow mobile ) why attempt to drive on a flooded road ( unless you have a James Bond car that turns into a power boat ) and why would someone attempt to walk out in the snow if they are not prepared / capable to do so ? ,,, my apologies for the rant as it’s not Thursday x

Mrs"

over a year ago

"Just seen a penguin in a puffa jacket, scarf and mittens "

You sure you werent watching a British Gas advert?

over a year ago

Thundersnow on the Essex coast. Scared the crap out of me and the dogs. Dont know what the temp is but its currently blizzarding.

over a year ago

No car today so had no choice but to freeze my bits off on the motorbike. Not much fun contending with icy roads and big flurries of snow

over a year ago

"i've never heard such a stupid load of shite in my life! its february...its a bit cold...schools shut, trains cancelled already...and its really not going to be minus 5 anywhere in the south!!. is there seriously no news? nothing to broadcast except ridiculous padding with rubbish about the weather...my flatmates a teacher, tonight she got an email about not letting the kids out in break time tomorrow, and for the staff, advice to make sure they knew their route home in case of delays, and to leave in groups...the school is in central hounslow!!...its embarrassing. .

its deadly out there, were all doooooomed

i know! pathetic! it's almost as if we were being encouraged to divert our attention to something so mind numbingly banal that we wouldn't notice far more important things going on..."

Well I have noticed some crayons have gone missing as well!

over a year ago

Yup, woke up to about double the snow we had yesterday. Looks like another day of trying to keep the kids from killing each other while watching my in-tray pile up.

over a year ago

Minus 6 here this morning and a covering if snow but I'm still driving 25 miles to work

over a year ago

**of snow

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

-3 here and a little snowy. Have zero enthusiasm really

Post new Message to Thread