Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Handedness

Jump to newest

By *ecretlyASoftie OP   Woman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

I’m predominantly right handed but since being young I’ve always used scissors with my left hand. As I get older I seem to do more naturally with my left but it’s a fucked up kind of ambidextrous. With single handed flogging I use my right hand but if I go to two handed florentining I become left handed I asked Aemelia hawk about it on a workshop and she said she’d never come across it before.

I do a lot of rope left handed but not everything. A half hitch can only be left, I look like a simpleton trying to do it right handed! I’ve never considered myself ambidextrous because I can’t do things with both hands but I’ve found out it’s cross dominant which is a form of ambidexterity. Never knew it existed before.

So hands I’m cross dominant but just to confused and fuck me up more I’m also mixed dominant - right leg dominant but left eye and left ear dominant. I think this explains why I spend so much of my time confused!!

What are you? Left, right, ambi?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I'm a definite left hander and am almost helpless with my right. There are only 2 things I do the right handed way - using a knife and fork and knitting

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Anything with one hand - left. With two, golf etc - right.

over a year ago

"Anything with one hand - left. With two, golf etc - right."

OMG someone else thank you! I was feeling like a freak!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hold my knife and fork like a left hander and, apparently, I sweep with a broom like a leftie too.

over a year ago

"I hold my knife and fork like a left hander and, apparently, I sweep with a broom like a leftie too. "

But everything else right?

over a year ago

"Anything with one hand - left. With two, golf etc - right."

My son is like that. He bowls left handed, bats right handed. He plays tennis left handed and golf right handed. He says it was the way his dad taught him. I think he's a right footed footballer though.

over a year ago

"I hold my knife and fork like a left hander and, apparently, I sweep with a broom like a leftie too.

But everything else right?"

Yes. Except when I have to pour and stir something, like mixing gravy granules. I can't control a spoon with my left hand.

over a year ago

I’m predominantly right handed but do lots with my left including wanking

I think the term is mixed-handed

over a year ago

I'm predominantly left handed... except when I eat like a right hander... and play golf right handed... but play tennis and badminton left handed... and bowl left handed. Yeah, kinda mixed up

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Right handed all the way here...although some would say cack handed is more appropriate!!

over a year ago

"Right handed all the way here...although some would say cack handed is more appropriate!! "

My mum used to say I was cack handed.

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Left/Ambidextrous here , parents right handed but my dad does some stuff left handed ( pool , shooting , ten pin bowling ) my brother is 100% left handed , and my son is right handed but does quite a few things left handed like my dad !

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I'm somewhat ambi and hadn't realised I was using left predominantly for many things, when I use my right for others. My writing is better in my right but I enjoy the flexibility overall.

I think it's healthy to have flexibility - though it may be less efficient use of neurology.

over a year ago

My sons a leftie but will eat with his right and bowls to with his right!!

Geeky x

over a year ago

Glad to see I’m not the only confused one here!

Post new Message to Thread