Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The truth is out

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A common complaint levelled at us poor men is our apparent failure to read profiles properly. It seems though that we are not the only ones. During a recent conversation with a lovely young lady it soon became clear that she hadn't bothered to read mine at all. Whether that's because it's a bit long winded or just plain boring i have no idea but there really is no excuse.

Just setting the record straight.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

You have a long-winded profile?

Quite possibly...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Mr prod its long

over a year ago

I don't normally read blokes profiles...now I know why!

over a year ago

"A common complaint levelled at us poor men is our apparent failure to read profiles properly. It seems though that we are not the only ones. During a recent conversation with a lovely young lady it soon became clear that she hadn't bothered to read mine at all. Whether that's because it's a bit long winded or just plain boring i have no idea but there really is no excuse.

Just setting the record straight. "

Maybe she is really a man hence the not reading the profile thing :- D

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"A common complaint levelled at us poor men is our apparent failure to read profiles properly. It seems though that we are not the only ones. During a recent conversation with a lovely young lady it soon became clear that she hadn't bothered to read mine at all. Whether that's because it's a bit long winded or just plain boring i have no idea but there really is no excuse.

Just setting the record straight. "

Well your profile gets 10/10 from me

over a year ago

Having a long profile is a good thing who is going to message anyone with a single sentence on their profile with very little information.

Also some people just don’t bother to read your profile’s

over a year ago

Maybe she is really a man hence the not reading the profile thing :- D"

Hadn't thought of that.

over a year ago

You should rap your profile poem on Vocoroo and post the link

over a year ago

"You have a long-winded profile?

Quite possibly... "

You call that long winded???

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I just skim read to make sure the person isn't married and cheating,anything else is just word's.

over a year ago

"I just skim read to make sure the person isn't married and cheating,anything else is just word's."

Ah he failed then

By *4gnumprMan
over a year ago

telford

Maybe she is really a man hence the not reading the profile thing :- D"

omg Really

over a year ago

"You have a long-winded profile?

Quite possibly... "

Did you make it to the end before nodding off?

over a year ago

It's damned if you do and damned if you don't. My profile may be a bit long and a bit "dating" site ish but I always try and personalise a message. The problem often is that us guys are shooting in the dark as many ladies just put "looking for fun" which is maybe obvious but not much help. Maybe a longer profile doesn't work as it appears not many are read.

But hey ho, different strokes ...........

over a year ago

I read profiles if I am chatting to someone, doesn't matter how long it is x

over a year ago

"It's damned if you do and damned if you don't. My profile may be a bit long and a bit "dating" site ish but I always try and personalise a message. The problem often is that us guys are shooting in the dark as many ladies just put "looking for fun" which is maybe obvious but not much help. Maybe a longer profile doesn't work as it appears not many are read.

But hey ho, different strokes ..........."

Guys need to stand out somehow.

If you ain't chiseled and buff or hung like Shergar, you have to work with what you got.

A woman, however, can put nothing at all and will still get messages. Granted, not quality messages but still.

I have tried everything from short and sligtly cheeky (got called an arsehole for that), or even a wink (got told I "right" some shit).

The longer messages get a spread of differing results.

Remember. What you think someone wants based on their profile isn't always what they actually want in their mind.

I just wait to be messaged then fuck things up in my own time

Post new Message to Thread