Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Managing Messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So i have noticed that there are several ways people deal with messages on here.

So

1. You have the read and delete guys. I tend to do this if the message is simply rude or one worders like fuck. Who else does this

2. You have the read and then a reply either yes for us or not for us. We tend to use this if we get a polite message from someone.

3. You have the read and leave guys. Dont really get this one. No delete no reply no reaction at all. I struggle with this one as i like to keep the mail box tidy lol.

4. Then you have the ignore or not read ones. Now for us its due to being busy but we will get round to them within normally a couple of days.

So which do you use and why

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lastic.Mask.ManMan
over a year ago

Grimsby

What are these messages you speak of?

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

We read and reply to EVERY message... even the daft "WUU2l" r rude fancy a fuck sort.

We dont use any filters and are happy to chat with anyone.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I read em all. Then I copy and paste the message and whether they got a no thanks or a simple delete into the private note on their profile. Takes less than a minute but worth it when two weeks later the next message comes and I know they’ve messaged before but I have no idea what they or I said.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I read em all. Then I copy and paste the message and whether they got a no thanks or a simple delete into the private note on their profile. Takes less than a minute but worth it when two weeks later the next message comes and I know they’ve messaged before but I have no idea what they or I said. "

Thats organisation

over a year ago

"What are these messages you speak of?"

It's when your inbox lights up yellow... To say thanks for becoming a site supporter.

over a year ago

"What are these messages you speak of?

It's when your inbox lights up yellow... To say thanks for becoming a site supporter. "

pmsl

over a year ago

I delete some after reading, as they’re usually the faf style. But most I answer even if it’s a no thanks x

By *tonMessCouple
over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I read em all. Then I copy and paste the message and whether they got a no thanks or a simple delete into the private note on their profile. Takes less than a minute but worth it when two weeks later the next message comes and I know they’ve messaged before but I have no idea what they or I said. "

If you use the new mailbox on a mobile you see all their previous messages and your replies.

Not sure if thatsonly for premium members though

over a year ago

I read and reply to well written but can't stand what ya up 2 messages written like that .Plus the messages sent to all women .I feel the message wasnt for me .so read and delete .The cut and paste mesaages grr .

over a year ago

Genius

I might do from now on.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I read em all. Then I copy and paste the message and whether they got a no thanks or a simple delete into the private note on their profile. Takes less than a minute but worth it when two weeks later the next message comes and I know they’ve messaged before but I have no idea what they or I said.

Thats organisation "

When you have a memory as terrible as mine it’s great. Sad but true!

over a year ago

"I read em all. Then I copy and paste the message and whether they got a no thanks or a simple delete into the private note on their profile. Takes less than a minute but worth it when two weeks later the next message comes and I know they’ve messaged before but I have no idea what they or I said.

Thats organisation

When you have a memory as terrible as mine it’s great. Sad but true! "

Lmao i know that feeling lol

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

excellent...great organisation.

now, if can you let me know what i put in the message to you on the 5th December 2016, i deleted it by mistake, it was an amazing message, im sure you will agree.. truly inspired and I wanted to use it as a cut and paste message to others on Fab..

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I had no idea this function even existed!

Where is this magical notes section?

over a year ago

I do not send anymore as i believe no one reads them only deletes so what the point in send when people being harsh

over a year ago

I had no idea this function even existed!

Where is this magical notes section?"

Ohhhhh i just looked.... under the same bit as the add friend bit! Didnt even know it existed!

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"So i have noticed that there are several ways people deal with messages on here.

So

1. You have the read and delete guys. I tend to do this if the message is simply rude or one worders like fuck. Who else does this

2. You have the read and then a reply either yes for us or not for us. We tend to use this if we get a polite message from someone.

3. You have the read and leave guys. Dont really get this one. No delete no reply no reaction at all. I struggle with this one as i like to keep the mail box tidy lol.

4. Then you have the ignore or not read ones. Now for us its due to being busy but we will get round to them within normally a couple of days.

So which do you use and why"

I have to admit, it completely depends on my mood...

Normally I'm a 1, but if I've been on here and there have been a few rants about deleted messages then it's a 2.

I do a 3 if it's someone I'm considering getting back to. I always read messages (is there a way of making messages unread after reading them?)

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Most of my messages are from people I already am in contact with anyway so I tend to be the read and reply type - although I hate leaving a message unread/responded to any longer than I have to (I'm the same with work emails) so I tend to get a bit twitchy if I don't reply straight away.

Messages from people I've never interacted with before - it will depend on the content but will usually be a read/delete if it's of the "fancy a BJ now" type I occasionally get or if it's worthy of a reply I'll usually reply as soon as I have read it

By *r and Mrs SexploitCouple
over a year ago

Pontypridd

Our inbox is often very yellow as Mrs answers the single men and she doesn't go on here as much as I do these days. We still get messages from single men despite stating that we're not currently looking for any! I try to make notes on profiles to be organised but often forget!

Mr

over a year ago

We used to do this but find that we no longer have to because we're on the new mailbox function and it seems to bring up previous messages.

We try to answer all messages.

By *obby777coolMan
over a year ago

Boston

No reply and just delete

I know block so i dont message again

over a year ago

I always reply to a message

Even if it’s just a ‘what the fukc??’

Politeness costs nothing

I understand women get inundated with messages so I don’t give a second thought to one that doesn’t get read or a reply - status updates often show women’s frustration at guys pestering - that’s such desperate behaviour imo

over a year ago

Thats organisation "

Wish I had time to do this

over a year ago

I’d just like enough in my inbox to worry about it lol

over a year ago

It completely depends on the message, how busy I am, how chatty I feel and what I'm looking for at that time.

Sometimes mail sits for days unread, sometimes I read it as it comes in. Sometimes I reply right away, sometimes I got back to it, sometimes I just delete it.

Post new Message to Thread