Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ring Ring

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I’ve become more and more inclined to call people rather than text them. I’m the only one out of my friend’s circle to do this (not that they mind, I hope) and I do it because texting is f’ing annoying!

I find it so frustrating that those around me prefer to text

The same 30-minute conversation I have over the phone could take a month over text with the way I reply.

Even with people I get to know through this site, or even people I have dated in the past, I’ve always enjoyed a phone call more than swapping messages. And I mean chats about everything and anything, not just filth.

You can use all the emojis you want, you just can’t show emotions and feelings through text as you would by verbally speaking to someone.

So, any fellow phone-callers here?!

(Phoning the Mrs to pick up something from Tesco doesn’t count )

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, I always hated phone calls, even before the advent of messaging. If I want a conversation with someone, I will meet up with them.

over a year ago

"No, I always hated phone calls, even before the advent of messaging. If I want a conversation with someone, I will meet up with them."

Ahh yes, well meeting up is even better

over a year ago

I’ve always been more phobic of phone calls. But talking on the phone to a guy lately flowed really, really easily - in fact everything with him did. And I was converted.

I’m trying to hold onto it being a good feeling at the time, because sadly he ghosted and now I’m trying not to correlate the two things.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I enjoy phone calls but don't do them as much anymore because other people prefer to text and my hearing loss means I keep asking people to repeat what they have just said.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I have a couple of close friends I actually chat to once a month and I like to speak one of my sister's. The other one gets a text because she's difficult to have a flowing convo with!!

over a year ago

"No, I always hated phone calls, even before the advent of messaging. If I want a conversation with someone, I will meet up with them."

Same here, I hate talking on the phone, always have. Glad someone else is the same XXX

over a year ago

100%.

Texts take so long if you're trying to arrange things. Tone and intent can be lost too.

When it's someone new I find it much easier to express myself and to get a feel for the other person and how we would connect if I can speak and hear them.

over a year ago

"I’ve always been more phobic of phone calls. But talking on the phone to a guy lately flowed really, really easily - in fact everything with him did. And I was converted.

I’m trying to hold onto it being a good feeling at the time, because sadly he ghosted and now I’m trying not to correlate the two things. "

Sorry to hear about your situation. That’s happened to me recently - not a great feeling.

But I do hope you find someone else who you can have great flowing conversations with. X

over a year ago

"I’ve always been more phobic of phone calls. But talking on the phone to a guy lately flowed really, really easily - in fact everything with him did. And I was converted.

I’m trying to hold onto it being a good feeling at the time, because sadly he ghosted and now I’m trying not to correlate the two things.

Sorry to hear about your situation. That’s happened to me recently - not a great feeling.

But I do hope you find someone else who you can have great flowing conversations with. X"

Thank you!

over a year ago

"I have a couple of close friends I actually chat to once a month and I like to speak one of my sister's. The other one gets a text because she's difficult to have a flowing convo with!!"

I can’t talk to my one sister because we end up arguing over something or other

over a year ago

"100%.

Texts take so long if you're trying to arrange things. Tone and intent can be lost too.

When it's someone new I find it much easier to express myself and to get a feel for the other person and how we would connect if I can speak and hear them.

"

Yes!

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Nope. Apart from at work when they make me do that shit.

I very rarely have phone calls with any of my mates. I speak to my bestie at work on the phone if I’m off and he’s not but my Mum is the only other person I speak to on the phone.

I’m a multi-tasker and generally doing other stuff so WhatsApp groups or texts are my chosen forms of communication. And email... I do a lot of that.

I also send letters and cards in the post which is one of my favourite things.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"100%.

"

*puts on heavy breathing accent

over a year ago

"I also send letters and cards in the post which is one of my favourite things. "

I also enjoy sending letters! I had a conversation with a friend the other day about how much I love sending letters to my pen-pal in Italy. His reply: “why don’t you just email each other or add him on Facebook?”

over a year ago

It depends. I use the phone less than I did, but I use it when texting just won’t work effectively. If texting is good enough I use that. I like to use all the different media available and choose the appropriate one according to the purpose of the communication and who I’m communicating with.

over a year ago

No, that's a real old person thing to do. I bet when you do text, you hold the phone in one hand, and use the index finger on your other hand to type

over a year ago

Text and email takes an age. When a quick call and face to face can produce immediate results.

Also words can be miss construed. Affections in a voice is more sincere.

Mistress Amelia x

over a year ago

"No, that's a real old person thing to do. I bet when you do text, you hold the phone in one hand, and use the index finger on your other hand to type "

Of course! Whilst squinting and holding my flip-case in place

over a year ago

"Text and email takes an age. When a quick call and face to face can produce immediate results.

Also words can be miss construed. Affections in a voice is more sincere.

Mistress Amelia x "

I completely agree

over a year ago

I experience to many silent moments on a phone call

All my calls are short and sweet

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

No, I have always hated talking on the phone. Dunno why. It just doesn't feel right to me. So when texting came along, it was great for me!

By *adyJayneWoman
over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

I've always hated phone calls. I have regular phone calls with one person, my best friend and occasional play partner. I call my husband on occasion but that's normally when I'm having a bad day and hearing his voice always helps. One lover calls occasionally when he works away but that can feel a little weird because we normally chat online.

Everyone else is online / text only. I pretty much even reject every call.

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"No, that's a real old person thing to do. I bet when you do text, you hold the phone in one hand, and use the index finger on your other hand to type "

What’s wrong with that?!

Post new Message to Thread