Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

All the meat!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What with the arrival of a new fridge/freezer, I now have a mountain of defrosted meat, so am going to be cooking non stop.

There’s mince beef and lamb, sausages, merguez, chicken thighs, chicken and turkey breasts, a pheasant, pork chops,

and stewing beef.

What’s your best meatbased recipe recommendation?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

eat the pheasant today, they get really dry from freezing..mince, basic bolognese u can freeze...same with lamb, but id bung in greek spices, then u can make moussaka, or have it with mezze,meatballs etc..sausages, well personally id cook the lot and just pick at them over the next couple of days...i love cold sausages! basic beef stew, refreeze then you can add different things when you reheat,wine,garlic etc..im hungry now...and i want pheasant!

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Lasagne, chilli

You can re freeze them as long as to reheat properly after.

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I make a kick ass cottage pie. I made a batch at the weekend and froze them in ingenious pyrex dishes with plastic lids so I can have something home cooked straight out of the freezer and in the oven on those nights when I can't be arsed to cook. Considering the mound of meat you have available a spicy meat and sausage stew sounds like a plan. Crusty bread for mopping up juices?

over a year ago

Make parmos out of the chicken and pork

over a year ago

"eat the pheasant today, they get really dry from freezing..mince, basic bolognese u can freeze...same with lamb, but id bung in greek spices, then u can make moussaka, or have it with mezze,meatballs etc..sausages, well personally id cook the lot and just pick at them over the next couple of days...i love cold sausages! basic beef stew, refreeze then you can add different things when you reheat,wine,garlic etc..im hungry now...and i want pheasant! "

Yay!!

over a year ago

"Lasagne, chilli

You can re freeze them as long as to reheat properly after. "

Good plan

over a year ago

"What with the arrival of a new fridge/freezer, I now have a mountain of defrosted meat, so am going to be cooking non stop.

There’s mince beef and lamb, sausages, merguez, chicken thighs, chicken and turkey breasts, a pheasant, pork chops,

and stewing beef.

What’s your best meatbased recipe recommendation? "

Pheasant?..... Oooooo you're posh

over a year ago

"I make a kick ass cottage pie. I made a batch at the weekend and froze them in ingenious pyrex dishes with plastic lids so I can have something home cooked straight out of the freezer and in the oven on those nights when I can't be arsed to cook. Considering the mound of meat you have available a spicy meat and sausage stew sounds like a plan. Crusty bread for mopping up juices?"

You’re on the money there!

over a year ago

"Make parmos out of the chicken and pork "

Yum

over a year ago

"What with the arrival of a new fridge/freezer, I now have a mountain of defrosted meat, so am going to be cooking non stop.

There’s mince beef and lamb, sausages, merguez, chicken thighs, chicken and turkey breasts, a pheasant, pork chops, and stewing beef.

Pheasant?..... Oooooo you're posh "

Get pheasants free from Norfolk.

over a year ago

Well... apparently humans taste like pork?

over a year ago

"Well... apparently humans taste like pork? "

Ha ha ha ha!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Miscellaneous meat pie.

over a year ago

"Well... apparently humans taste like pork?

Ha ha ha ha!

"

It came up in a conversation at work. Honest!

over a year ago

" Miscellaneous meat pie. "

Sounds similar to what I imagine one of those dark rooms in a sex club would be like.

over a year ago

Ha ha ha ha!

It came up in a conversation at work. Honest! "

With you, I can well imagine.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

There’s mince beef and lamb, sausages, merguez, chicken thighs, chicken and turkey breasts, a pheasant, pork chops, and stewing beef.

Get pheasants free from Norfolk. "

I got free pheasants the other say too. The local shoot can't give them away to local shops or restaurants so are just dumping them in trenches. I think that's totally wrong, just shooting for the sake of it.

over a year ago

Ha ha ha ha!

With you, I can well imagine. "

I didn't start it, I just carried it on.

And thank you.

over a year ago

Don’t know about the rest but I only cook one thing with sausages, you will need bacon, eggs, tinned tomatoes, Heinz baked beans in tomato sauce, black pudding, hash browns a fuckin big frying pan and loadsa grease

(I’m actually orally orgasming typing that)

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Goodness that's quite a stash!!!

over a year ago

Get pheasants free from Norfolk.

I got free pheasants the other say too. The local shoot can't give them away to local shops or restaurants so are just dumping them in trenches. I think that's totally wrong, just shooting for the sake of it. "

I know! It’s awful. It’s why my parents get given lots because they also think it’s such a waste.

over a year ago

Ha ha ha ha!

With you, I can well imagine.

I didn't start it, I just carried it on.

And thank you. "

over a year ago

"Don’t know about the rest but I only cook one thing with sausages, you will need bacon, eggs, tinned tomatoes, Heinz baked beans in tomato sauce, black pudding, hash browns a fuckin big frying pan and loadsa grease

(I’m actually orally orgasming typing that)"

Let me have your oral orgasm!

over a year ago

"Goodness that's quite a stash!!!

"

Couldn’t get into the freezer, hence the need for a new one - and so couldn’t access the meat stash, until the big defrost yesterday. I’ve actually been cooking a lot of today already.

By *arpePinguisWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

Sounds bloody marvellous! Batch cooking to fill up the new freezer

I second the lasagne suggestion, freeze large portions for cold nights. Otherwise a big fan of meatloaf, that freezes well too.

Chicken thighs- marinade with garlic, oregano and lemon juice for Greek flavours to add to salads or sandwiches, or go more Chinese with five spice, soy sauce and honey, great if sliced and chucked in stir fry. Turkey and chicken breasts can be treated the same way, or simply add herbs and butter and bake in foil to help retain moisture when refreezing.

Merguez and the other sausages, simply cooking and slice before refreezing to chuck in a tomato-based pasta sauce.

Lamb mince can be made into kofte skewers if you are likely to eat in the next day or so, but perhaps a few patties with rosemary seasoning is better for refreezing.

Grand idea to eat pheasant soon- and if your supplier is near Norwich, pass on contact info

Stewing beef in slow cooker with some paprika, peppers and tomatoes would be a warming treat this week.

Not much use on the pork chop front as I can't eat it, maybe invite friends and family for dinner

Happy kitchen time!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

I second the lasagne suggestion, freeze large portions for cold nights. Otherwise a big fan of meatloaf, that freezes well too.

Chicken thighs- marinade with garlic, oregano and lemon juice for Greek flavours to add to salads or sandwiches, or go more Chinese with five spice, soy sauce and honey, great if sliced and chucked in stir fry. Turkey and chicken breasts can be treated the same way, or simply add herbs and butter and bake in foil to help retain moisture when refreezing.

Merguez and the other sausages, simply cooking and slice before refreezing to chuck in a tomato-based pasta sauce.

"

Great idea for uneaten sausages left over from pack......ah but wait, my sausages are never left uneaten!!

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

Pork stacks in the slow cooker.

Roll the steaks out, layer with Apple slices, stuffing and red onion, #

repeat.

Wrap in parchment, cook on low.

Serve with mustard mash.

over a year ago

and stewing beef.

What’s your best meatbased recipe recommendation? "

I'd forgotten that merguez was a thing, a real thing that exists in the world.

Send it to me?

over a year ago

"

Lamb mince can be made into kofte skewers if you are likely to eat in the next day or so, but perhaps a few patties with rosemary seasoning is better for refreezing.

Grand idea to eat pheasant soon- and if your supplier is near Norwich, pass on contact info

Stewing beef in slow cooker with some paprika, peppers and tomatoes would be a warming treat this week.

Not much use on the pork chop front as I can't eat it, maybe invite friends and family for dinner

Happy kitchen time!"

Most excellent ideas! Sadly it’s more towards the Burnhams than Norwich and is via my parents’ neighbour’s son who does a shoot!

over a year ago

"

Great idea for uneaten sausages left over from pack......ah but wait, my sausages are never left uneaten!! "

over a year ago

"Pork stacks in the slow cooker.

Roll the steaks out, layer with Apple slices, stuffing and red onion, #

repeat.

Wrap in parchment, cook on low.

Serve with mustard mash. "

Lovely

over a year ago

and stewing beef.

Send it to me?"

You want my spicy sausage?

over a year ago

There is so much cooking going on!! There’s a lasagne and a moussaka baking in next door’s oven!! And far too many things going on here.

Very kind neighbours

over a year ago

I can cook a meat mountain in multiple ways and yet I’m still single, oh cruel world!

over a year ago

Also why does cooking stop me feeling hungry?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Also why does cooking stop me feeling hungry?"

Perhaps it's like the thing about smelling chocolate to get over the craving of eating chocolate?

over a year ago

"Also why does cooking stop me feeling hungry?

Perhaps it's like the thing about smelling chocolate to get over the craving of eating chocolate?

"

I think you’re right.

By *essandpatCouple
over a year ago

chester

mince beef, lasagne, or mince beef and onions gravy with mash,

chicken and turkey breast in stir fry,

sausages butty x

over a year ago

and stewing beef.

Send it to me?

You want my spicy sausage? "

I have a willing mouth...

over a year ago

"mince beef, lasagne, or mince beef and onions gravy with mash,

sausages butty x"

Ooooh sausage butty!!

over a year ago

and stewing beef.

Send it to me?

You want my spicy sausage?

I have a willing mouth..."

By *essandpatCouple
over a year ago

chester

sausages butty x

Ooooh sausage butty!! "

Simple yet so tasty x

over a year ago

sausages butty x

Ooooh sausage butty!!

Simple yet so tasty x"

Agreed!

By *arpePinguisWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

How did all the cooking go?

over a year ago

"How did all the cooking go?"

She’s still in the kitchen. She needed three more freezers to store it all

over a year ago

"How did all the cooking go?"

Really well! 6 different dishes cooked and frozen and a lovely pheasant dinner eaten.

Drama tonight as there’s been a power cut at home, but the grid network engineers have just finished fixing it at the local substation and everything has just come alive again, was starting to worry as it had been off for almost three hours!! Was paniicking it would all start to defrost!!

over a year ago

"How did all the cooking go?

She’s still in the kitchen. She needed three more freezers to store it all "

Neighbours’ oven was roped in! But they’re going to join us for eating one of the dishes at the weekend so have done okay out of the lend!

over a year ago

I wish I liked meat more.

over a year ago

"How did all the cooking go?

She’s still in the kitchen. She needed three more freezers to store it all

Neighbours’ oven was roped in! But they’re going to join us for eating one of the dishes at the weekend so have done okay out of the lend! "

Hope you have an enjoyable dinner party

By *arpePinguisWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

Glad it all went well! Mind you, any more power failures and you can just leave food outside instead.

For future reference, you normally have 18 hours safe margin for a freezer in a power cut, provided you keep the door closed!

Post new Message to Thread