Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I BLOODY HATE

Jump to newest

By *queekyCheesy OP   Couple
over a year ago

newark

Bearing in mind I am extremely selective about the word hate as I think it is a strong, meaningful word... but..

I truly bloody hate being that one brutally honest mother f**cker who tells it like it is

Almost entirely when it comes to friends in shit relationships who cannot see past their own fucking nose.

We all have friends that after a bad relationship ends are like "oh yeah I knew you wasn't right for each other" and you wonder why they didn't have a little clench and tell you sooner when you couldn't see it.... yet when you have a friend that does... you can't act on it.

Humans, fucking cretins

Rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hope that helped getting it out.

Thing is, sometimes people offer up advice that’s unsolicited and sometimes even if someone agrees with the advice they’re not quite ready/able to act on it yet. Emotions are complex.

Hate? I don’t hate, but I can get a bit frustrated with people who think offering advice means another must be obligated to act on it. That’s instruction not advice.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Huge difference between what some call honesty and others see as a busy body interfering in the lives of others due to their blinkered views and seeing their way as the only way , coupled with the inability to keep their mouth shut and their opinions ( as that's all they are ) to themselves.

over a year ago

...and breathe

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

damned if you do and damned if you dont

dosnt mean that you would listen

over a year ago

Some things have to be seen and worked through for yourself sometimes.

over a year ago

Yeah but even if they had told you you probably wouldn't listen.

My best friend is the wisest person I know like seriously she's a mother fucking wise goat. She always tells me the brutal truth about guys I'm involved with but I never listen.

Even if I could time travel and go back to speak to myself and say look this is going to happen and that will happen, I doubt I'd even listen to myself.

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

We all have that one friend that craves advice cannot see the wood for the trees. And then does the opposite that you tell them anyway.

over a year ago

I don't mind getting advice when I ask for it. It's when someone decides to give it, without me seeking it out, which irritates. The advice isn't always correct either. It's just someone's view, based on their own perception

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Being a friend isn't always about being brutally honest. Sometimes you need to give friends space to make mistakes and be there for them afterwards.

Post new Message to Thread