Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

sending messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

have you noticed that sometimes you send people a nice message on here but you never get anything back?

And if you are a site supporter, you see they have read them but not replied or they have simply deleted it?

has this happened to anybody else and why do they do it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ofakindCouple
over a year ago

Running with Monkeys

Numerous reasons, each persons different, did you message a couple? they could be waiting to show the other half..

A single lady might like it but has so many they cant reply to them all so keeping it to reply later? then forgets about it...

It could because they do a delete all messages once a week after reading them instead of deleting them one by one?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"have you noticed that sometimes you send people a nice message on here but you never get anything back?

And if you are a site supporter, you see they have read them but not replied or they have simply deleted it?

has this happened to anybody else and why do they do it?"

I have 50 messages sat there to read. To read all and reply at 3 mins a message to read and reply thats 2 1/2 hours.So decisions have to be made and you skim through. If we HAVE to read and reply to every message i would give up and leave.

over a year ago

i have a few messages ive read but not replied to at the mo for several reasons....

first ive got no weekends free for the next month or so

and as i want to reply with some possible meet dates im waiting til i know whats happening with our work

secondly im in a bit of a negative place at the mo (just monthly cycle), my problem ,so i censer myself cos its not the messagers fault and i dont want to be sharp with them.

thirdly i have message from people who dont suit so i dont reply

what im saying is the reasons are many even for one person so you cant infer anything x

over a year ago

You don't have to be a site supporter to see a message has been read. Like one of the other replies say, if you contact a couple both have to read a profile to see if there is interest there for them, and with myself and Andy there is only usually one of us around in the day. Just accept the situation, we reply to all messages but there are an awful lot of people that don't just everyone's own choice. Just make sure you read a profile fully before you make contact as that is our biggest bugbear on here.

over a year ago

we often delete and block if the person obviously hasnt read our profil properly, its amazing howmany people read what they want to read rather than what is actualy there

over a year ago

I hate profiles which say, "It doesn't take much to say thanks but no thanks."

Yeah but you know what's even easier? Interpreting no reply as a "thanks but no thanks" and moving on instead of gurning about it on your profile.

over a year ago

" has this happened to anybody else and why do they do it?"

yes

as to why ? not really bothered

i'm more interested in those that DO engage me than those that don't

give it a try - you'll find you sleep much better at night

over a year ago

wish i had 50 messages to reply to lol!!

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I look at profiles before I read messages

Then ill decide if I want to reply or not,some messages are worth a response and some are'nt

You don't even have to open some messages,you can read it all without opening them

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

As it says in the FAQs it is not rude to not reply to a message.You have cold called them .They are under no obligation to reply.

Given that many get abuse for turning people down there is a tendency to just delete anyone you are not interested in.

over a year ago

"As it says in the FAQs it is not rude to not reply to a message.You have cold called them .They are under no obligation to reply.

Given that many get abuse for turning people down there is a tendency to just delete anyone you are not interested in."

I can understand not replying to a random message, for a variety of reasons, but I have had 'Friend invites', which I have accepted, sent an introductory message, but had no reply. Yet we are still 'Friends'! I can't quite understand that!

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"have you noticed that sometimes you send people a nice message on here but you never get anything back?

No I have never noticed and am glad you brought it to my attention.....

Disgusted of Devon

over a year ago

We probably reply to 1% of our messages - the rest go in the bin.

Sorry but that is the truth

over a year ago

We probably reply to 1% of our messages - the rest go in the bin.

Sorry but that is the truth

By *arnaclebillMan
over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"wish i had 50 messages to reply to lol!! "

wish I had 1 message to reply to

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

" for a variety of reasons, but I have had 'Friend invites', which I have accepted, sent an introductory message, but had no reply. Yet we are still 'Friends'! I can't quite understand that!"

Yes, I've noticed that too. Like some people recently who sent me a wink, which I returned. Then came the Friend's Invite, which I in turn reciprocated. Each approach was accompanied with a short courteous reply, the end result of which was....they blocked me!

Still, as the old saying goes, "there's nowt queerer than folk!" and if we were all the same in this world, it would be a boring place.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

This has been a very novel and illuminating post.

over a year ago

"As it says in the FAQs it is not rude to not reply to a message.You have cold called them .They are under no obligation to reply.

Given that many get abuse for turning people down there is a tendency to just delete anyone you are not interested in.

I can understand not replying to a random message, for a variety of reasons, but I have had 'Friend invites', which I have accepted, sent an introductory message, but had no reply. Yet we are still 'Friends'! I can't quite understand that!"

sum people send friend requests solely just to look at your private pics so when you message them they have already looked at u but wont reply to ya message. personly I only accept friend requests off people I already have talked to or im planning to meet them

over a year ago

yes, it happens all the time, get used to it, not every one will fancy you, so in reality, why bother taking time in replying, to say no

over a year ago

Just take the "easy come easy go" attitude with it, pointless analysing it.

I could say more but others have explained it well.

By *DSRMan
over a year ago

leicester

They do it because it's the digital age, everyone stays in these days, no more everyone out and about socializing like back in the day, when anyone could talk to a stranger and have a few drinks with them, and really get to know poeple... now it's a few random emails in hope, then those girls/couples get a million emails a day and your competition is tough, it's like they can pick the best of the best everytime they log on... & to stand out you have to have something special... Sense of humar unlike anyone elses, massive muscles, massive cock... those types of things! I honestly believe this, pretty boys do very well on sites and get the most attention (from talking to members of sites in the past)

I seem to do ok in terms of getting emails, but i don't do very well at getting anyone to actually meet up, so maybe there is more to it than standing out enough to get the initial convo flowing

IMO

over a year ago

A massive cock and muscles don't really do much for me. I mostly reply to those with an attractive face pic. I am drawn to a face not a 6 pack and huge cock. If I like the face and personality then I am usually happy to meet up and find out about the rest later

over a year ago

"A massive cock and muscles don't really do much for me. I mostly reply to those with an attractive face pic. I am drawn to a face not a 6 pack and huge cock. If I like the face and personality then I am usually happy to meet up and find out about the rest later "

I'm with you on that Sue - face over cock and body any time !

Post new Message to Thread