Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

People who do not .....

Jump to newest

By *hloe sussex OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

Read your profile but just bombard you with txts , so you end up getting loads of msgs from totally inappropriate ppl , I know you can add filters which I have but they still get through , I have the important parts of my profile in capitals ( to make it idiot proof) or so I thought but the fact is guys do not bother to read them grrrrr rant over

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Read your profile but just bombard you with txts , so you end up getting loads of msgs from totally inappropriate ppl , I know you can add filters which I have but they still get through , I have the important parts of my profile in capitals ( to make it idiot proof) or so I thought but the fact is guys do not bother to read them grrrrr rant over "

Winds me up too when people don’t read my profile. Doesn’t take long at all, nothing you can do I’m afraid. I don’t bother replying, and if they message more than once without reading my profile, I just block them. In my eyes, if they can’t take a minute to read my profile but can sit and fab all my pics, they aren’t worth my time . Pretty harsh way to look at it, but it works for me! X

over a year ago

I'll weight it up. If people ask inane questions that a glance at my profile would have prevented, I'll tend to ignore. I save blocking for negative messaging.

over a year ago

Larne

"Read your profile but just bombard you with txts , so you end up getting loads of msgs from totally inappropriate ppl , I know you can add filters which I have but they still get through , I have the important parts of my profile in capitals ( to make it idiot proof) or so I thought but the fact is guys do not bother to read them grrrrr rant over

Winds me up too when people don’t read my profile. Doesn’t take long at all, nothing you can do I’m afraid. I don’t bother replying, and if they message more than once without reading my profile, I just block them. In my eyes, if they can’t take a minute to read my profile but can sit and fab all my pics, they aren’t worth my time . Pretty harsh way to look at it, but it works for me! X"

over a year ago

Tis annoying for sure...helps out those not worth bothering with tho

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We have found the worst for not reading our profile are couples.

over a year ago

I don't have much on my profile for people to ignore. I find it easy to have a quick look at their pics (better if they have attached a face pic), check their location and if they accommodate, them send quick hello, or no thank you.

Doesn't take up much of my time and it takes a hell of a lot to wind me up.

over a year ago

Larne

"I don't have much on my profile for people to ignore. I find it easy to have a quick look at their pics (better if they have attached a face pic), check their location and if they accommodate, them send quick hello, or no thank you.

Doesn't take up much of my time and it takes a hell of a lot to wind me up.

"

lol my point exactly you like I do when someone msgs me check there profiles to see if we are compatible they however don’t

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple
over a year ago

Chester

So many chancers thats why. They look at pics only & don't bother reading - usually the male half of couples we find Fi xx

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Malmesbury

Just been told off... really liked a couple but wasn't sure they'd like me so sent them a wink; got a message back asking why I'd sent it, this prompted me to recheck their profile and, sure enough, amongst their list of rules was not to send winks - I appologised - don't think we'll be meeting.

over a year ago

I mostly message people based on status updates/new pics etc, most of the time its just to comment on what theyve put an have a bit of banter, let it naturally progress. Its only after a few messages that I'll go back an read their profile. I think it gets too serious when you sit down an go through a profile point by point to see if you tick all the boxes!

over a year ago

Larne

"I mostly message people based on status updates/new pics etc, most of the time its just to comment on what theyve put an have a bit of banter, let it naturally progress. Its only after a few messages that I'll go back an read their profile. I think it gets too serious when you sit down an go through a profile point by point to see if you tick all the boxes!"
Not if you get 100,s of msgs from totally inappropriate ppl it’s not

over a year ago

"I mostly message people based on status updates/new pics etc, most of the time its just to comment on what theyve put an have a bit of banter, let it naturally progress. Its only after a few messages that I'll go back an read their profile. I think it gets too serious when you sit down an go through a profile point by point to see if you tick all the boxes! Not if you get 100,s of msgs from totally inappropriate ppl it’s not"

That all depends on how seriously you take it, if you are genuinely that serious then use the fliters to the max, and pro-actively look for what you want/need out of the site. If your messages are not from the right people and you havnt used the filters, i can only assume that you like the attention and like having your box filled

By *09309309Woman
over a year ago

Dublin

Drives me crazy!!! They message you acting like they'd do anything to have a chance with you... except read a little bit

Go away, hahaha!

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I've got a couple of bits in capitals (the dealbreakers!!!!!) to. I still get messages from shorties who live 600 miles away!! Very annoying

over a year ago

Larne

"I mostly message people based on status updates/new pics etc, most of the time its just to comment on what theyve put an have a bit of banter, let it naturally progress. Its only after a few messages that I'll go back an read their profile. I think it gets too serious when you sit down an go through a profile point by point to see if you tick all the boxes! Not if you get 100,s of msgs from totally inappropriate ppl it’s not

That all depends on how seriously you take it, if you are genuinely that serious then use the fliters to the max, and pro-actively look for what you want/need out of the site. If your messages are not from the right people and you havnt used the filters, i can only assume that you like the attention and like having your box filled "

yea that’s why I wrote this thread cos I love it so much duhhh

Post new Message to Thread