Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

“Then why you even on here”

Jump to newest

By *oodnitegirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Is a message I get a lot as I don’t do ‘one to one’ meets anymore.. I just frequent clubs and LOVE socials.

Different strokes for different folks. (How apt! Lol)

What are YOU here for these days?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm here for the forums pretty much

over a year ago

Pretty much the same as you my dear.

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Sometimes I wish I knew...

over a year ago

Cake.

I’m not meeting right now at all hence my profile is so shit.

Although if I was intending to meet, I’d try to make my profile less shit, but I still probably wouldn’t get any success! )

By *luteguyMan
over a year ago

Here and There

I just see this site as a virtual extension of clubs and socials.

Mostly here for the amusement factor, anything else is an unexpected bonus.

over a year ago

Yorkshire

Yes the forums are the #1. You guys make me belly laugh some days

By *arlo82Woman
over a year ago

the gym and random places

The socials mainly.... I'd struggle to get nearly as many involved and would have my phone stuck to my hand texting constantly otherwise.

I love clubbing and prefer to meet people that way. If i relied on fab for my sex life.... I would be as well to move into a convent haha

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

I only do ‘one to one’ meets, I don’t do more than one at a time (never say never) or clubs (highly unlikely). I also love a social

This is what I like about Fab, you can make it work in a way that suits you, and people and their opinion on how you SHOULD use it, can bugger right off

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Due to limited childfree time, which is set evenings & weekends, I've got stuff planned out weeks, even months in advance.

So meeting anyone new really hadn't been an option for a long while.

Idiotic messages automatically get deleted, but I always reply to polite well written ones.

Several I thanked, but declined explaining why & saying "so not looking to meet anyone new right now......"

Only to get back in variations "why are you on here then"

One even called me pricktease & timewaster.

Yeah, straight to the block list with that one!

over a year ago

Just here for the banter on the Forum!

over a year ago

Yorkshire

I find it’s always pretty new people that come in with the shitty messages.

I’ve been on here about 7/8 years all in all and I’m sure it didn’t used to be as arsey!

over a year ago

At the moment, I'm not really sure. I'm not meeting at present, and get a fair bit of stick from locals for it, wish I could just block locals from messaging and stay happily on the forums and meet when I'm off island. I've made some lovely friends on here, so I guess they keep me hanging around.

over a year ago

I think it is totally fine for people to be on here and not meet as long as they say, if they get fun or get off by chatting on here that should be fine, even if they just want the banter , and some may just like the forums

over a year ago

"Yes the forums are the #1. You guys make me belly laugh some days "

This

over a year ago

"I find it’s always pretty new people that come in with the shitty messages.

I’ve been on here about 7/8 years all in all and I’m sure it didn’t used to be as arsey!"

They think it's a fuck site. If you say you're on here for anything other than an 'immediate turn up at their place to fuck them' then you're in the wrong place. Don't worry about it.

over a year ago

I came for a go on the swings. Haven't found any yet.

over a year ago

I'm here to make friends, if that turns into friends with benefits great. If not I have a new friend.

People should be able to use the site to suit their needs without he criticism.

By *iversong321Woman
over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

Don't do one to one meets. Socials and club visits only.

over a year ago

We definitely spend more time lurking in the forums than anything else, especially as real life is currently stomping all over our mojo!

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

Mainly on gor a bit of banter in the chatrooms although seem to be spending more time in the forums lately. If a meet happened I'd just consider it as an extra bit of fun. Think I'd also consider myself bloody lucky lol .

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

The trouble is far too many (and I'm sorry to say it's pretty much exclusively my gender) sign up with preconceived ideas about this being a sex site, full of people looking to meet at the drop of the hat just because they sent a message - they then get frustrated when it's not the case and lash out with ridiculous comments.

I'm here because I enjoy being able to talk openly about sex and sexuality on the forums and in messages with people I have got to know - anything beyond that is a bonus

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Is a message I get a lot as I don’t do ‘one to one’ meets anymore.. I just frequent clubs and LOVE socials.

"

An interesting question really. I know why I joined the site originally, 5 years ago, and the one-to-one meets were more easily found then, with more people around locally who actually wanted to meet and play. These days I don’t seem to have as much choice, either because I’m over that 45 years old age limit, or because there just aren’t the same amount of fun seekers around. I do enjoy the banter in the forums, but this can be a rollercoaster ride too, and currently I appear to be out of favour. Still, it’s nice to receive Fabs on my pics from the gay boys

over a year ago

cause the chat rooms are not very welcoming

over a year ago

Whenever I leave I come back. Have that feeling that if im not here I'm gonna miss something and it's not sex or meeting guys it's the forums.

over a year ago

My arms are killing off swinging about waiting. I thought it would of had more accommodating swings to be fair, nothing fab about them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There is a band of pretty stupid people who assume everyone is here for exactly the same thing - usually this involves meeting immediately with little or no validation of suitability and often what they really look like.

'Tell me your address', a complete stranger!

I'm here to meet others without pressure, sustain friendships, the forum and more.

By *iversong321Woman
over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

"cause the chat rooms are not very welcoming "

Ive found them more welcoming than the forums. Less cliquey.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Banter on the forums .....Ive got loads of messages. .. I haven't answered ...not in the mood at the moment .

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

"I'm here for the forums pretty much"

This ^^^^ and sum socials

over a year ago

I like the ironic contradiction of being celibate on a site that is overtly sexual.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"I'm here for the forums pretty much"

This.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

If I’m honest I lost my mojo for swinging a few months back after a series of getting all excited about a meet to find out they were fake profiles and a few other minor dramas where I feel let down ... really really hoping to find some genuine fun because I have considered coming away altogether after 5 years and that would be a shame

So I guess atm I’m hanging on here by a thread so to speak

over a year ago

"If I’m honest I lost my mojo for swinging a few months back after a series of getting all excited about a meet to find out they were fake profiles and a few other minor dramas where I feel let down ... really really hoping to find some genuine fun because I have considered coming away altogether after 5 years and that would be a shame

So I guess atm I’m hanging on here by a thread so to speak "

Snap, we spend more time on the forums now than actually pursuing a meet. The site seems to be going through some stuff at the moment as the marketplace isn't what it was even a couple of years ago.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Forums and to see what’s happening at the clubs.

Would go one on one if there was a dynamic where everyone clicked at friends and sexual levels.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

"If I’m honest I lost my mojo for swinging a few months back after a series of getting all excited about a meet to find out they were fake profiles and a few other minor dramas where I feel let down ... really really hoping to find some genuine fun because I have considered coming away altogether after 5 years and that would be a shame

Snap, we spend more time on the forums now than actually pursuing a meet. The site seems to be going through some stuff at the moment as the marketplace isn't what it was even a couple of years ago. "

You’ve hit the nail on the head ! When I first joined I can honestly say everyone was genuinely out for fun , not to dupe , catfish or anything.

Playing wise from on here my last was September !

over a year ago

For us it's about meeting people we click with and having fun. Sometimes just socially, sometimes sexually. It's about experiencing things together.

Unfortunately our time is limited and people can be unreliable to say the least so we tend to stick to clubs now.

Strumps

over a year ago

Snap, we spend more time on the forums now than actually pursuing a meet. The site seems to be going through some stuff at the moment as the marketplace isn't what it was even a couple of years ago.

You’ve hit the nail on the head ! When I first joined I can honestly say everyone was genuinely out for fun , not to dupe , catfish or anything.

"

The site has changed so much in the last 5-10 years, I agree!

We'll see you in 2 weeks

over a year ago

Only just ventured on to the forums but really enjoying the interaction. I don't do solo meets or casual hookups as my thing is clubs and private parties... All about the group action aye! Xxx

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Here to try to find naughty fun meets but enjoying the forums in the meantime

over a year ago

So I guess atm I’m hanging on here by a thread so to speak "

Tried stand up haha? Seriously though there is some stupid people about on here, don't see or understand what they get out if it, if only I lived closer haha

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

The site has changed so much in the last 5-10 years, I agree!

We'll see you in 2 weeks "

Haha yes indeed see you then

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

"cause the chat rooms are not very welcoming "

I find the chat rooms are much friendlier than forums, so many rude people in the forums bringing people down all the time

over a year ago

The forums, if we happen to trip across a guy we want to meet, great, but since we're pretty self-contained and fussy as fuck it almost never happens.

over a year ago

We joined looking for meets we had a couple in the early days however most of our fun happens at clubs now however I (Kat) love the forums so hang around mainly for them xx

over a year ago

I'm here for the forum banter and to find the one guy who I can throw around the bedroom

over a year ago

"I came for a go on the swings. Haven't found any yet. "
pmsl, you cant be looking in the right parks lol

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Because I have nowhere else to be

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The reason we're still here is pretty much the reason we joined (clubs) with the added bonus of the forums.

We rarely arrange to meet new people via Fab.

Nita

over a year ago

I like the forums here. I've met people from FabGuys, Gaydar, Grindr and offline too, but not FabSwingers. FabGuys has unpublicised forums and they're very quiet so here I am.

over a year ago

More than sex. Less than dating.

To have fun and see what happens. Definitely about the social aspect and see what can develop from there (friendship / FWB / relationship)... You just don't know!

I've recently become single so love the distraction this place brings from that

over a year ago

I ask myself that every day. It's only the top two forums, I never venture into the others..

over a year ago

I ask myself that every day. It's only the top two forums, I never venture into the others..

over a year ago

I'm here for 1 to 1 sex. I've turned down billions of men and only had 3 become irate about it.

I've been to a few socials and had a great time too.

By *G CoupleCouple
over a year ago

kent

We are here to keep in contact with people we have met at clubs or dogging.

It’s easier for us than having a mobile phone just for the lifestyle

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"I find it’s always pretty new people that come in with the shitty messages.

I’ve been on here about 7/8 years all in all and I’m sure it didn’t used to be as arsey!"

Nice to see you back again. I was thinking about this the other day and maybe you could answer my question please. How has Fab changed from say five years ago. I’ve noticed a difference myself in the last two years??

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

So to summarise the above.

Most reinforce the view that quick sex and immediate hook ups are a thing of the past. Forumites seem to prefer slow burning social interaction. If that leads to meets for lasting friendship then all the better.

over a year ago

"So to summarise the above.

Most reinforce the view that quick sex and immediate hook ups are a thing of the past. Forumites seem to prefer slow burning social interaction. If that leads to meets for lasting friendship then all the better. "

They might reinforce the idea but it has no basis in reality. Those quick/immediate hookups are happening no less now than they did before. Merely they have now become locked behind more stringent Darwinism.

over a year ago

"So to summarise the above.

Most reinforce the view that quick sex and immediate hook ups are a thing of the past. Forumites seem to prefer slow burning social interaction. If that leads to meets for lasting friendship then all the better. "

You're basing that on the few people who posted on this thread?

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

I have no idea why I'm here

By *esjMan
over a year ago

salford

It’s funny how alot of people on here have mentioned they aren’t here for the meets but they failed to update their own profiles which state they would meet how does that work out ?

Thats the problem here there are only a few people who would meet but the rest always just compalin about receiving messages even though their profiles state that they will meet hahaha

And for all the ones complaining about fakes and catfishes why don’t you go for someone who is genuine ? Rather than choosing the one with great pics from google

Trust me the ones who look normal can be good guys too

By *esjMan
over a year ago

salford

And for those who say they are just staying in touch with friends and there is alot of them

Don’t realise that you can do that over messages or whatsapo or phone ?

The reality is people are nosey and love jnowing who doing what and who haha

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman
over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

I like being able to chat to like minded people and the forums. Sometimes I have some free time and I'm able to meet so it's handy being seen as active on the site even if not actively meeting all the time.

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I’m here for lots of things - and fortunately all my needs are very well met!

I have good friends on here, enjoy forum banter and the odd ‘proper ‘ discussion - and I have lots of incredibly good sex with some lovely, gorgeous guys! (Haven’t had sex in the ‘real world ‘ since joining fab!

I also get to be a photo tart!

If Fab shut down tomorrow I’d be bloody fed up tbh! Xx

over a year ago

Iam there to get turned down a lot. It's really good for self confidence. I love being rejected and this site is amazing for it

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Is a message I get a lot as I don’t do ‘one to one’ meets anymore.. I just frequent clubs and LOVE socials.

"

Well this certainly applies to us.

We have no interest in one to one meets and only meet in clubs or at socials.

Why are we here?

To catch up with a few friends we've made over the years, you know, the ones who don't like to post their swinger life on facebook.

To arrange meets for when we go to clubs in Spain or at Cap d'Agde (not many come to Germany) and to just keep track of what is going on through the forums.

Is that enough or should we delete our profile to make space for people who want one to one meets?

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

[Removed by poster at 24/02/18 12:33:41]

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"It’s funny how alot of people on here have mentioned they aren’t here for the meets but they failed to update their own profiles which state they would meet how does that work out ?

Thats the problem here there are only a few people who would meet but the rest always just compalin about receiving messages even though their profiles state that they will meet hahaha

And for all the ones complaining about fakes and catfishes why don’t you go for someone who is genuine ? Rather than choosing the one with great pics from google

Trust me the ones who look normal can be good guys too"

You mean that guys on here actually READ profiles before sending messages?

Now I am really shocked. Most that message us don't even know which country we are in. Oh and it is on the first line of our profile.

By *G CoupleCouple
over a year ago

kent

"It’s funny how alot of people on here have mentioned they aren’t here for the meets but they failed to update their own profiles which state they would meet how does that work out ?

Pretty much anyone can use the site how they want, there’s nothing to say you have to meet anyone.

How can you prove someone is 100% genuine?

We don’t like our time wasted so we do things our way, it works great for us.

over a year ago

"I like the ironic contradiction of being celibate on a site that is overtly sexual. "

over a year ago

Im here for the forums and nothing else

over a year ago

If the ones that aren't meeting took themselves off the searches their ego's would implode.

By *s_bettyboopWoman
over a year ago

If the ones that aren't meeting took themselves off the searches their ego's would implode. "

I only go to clubs nowadays and took myself off searches. It's bliss

over a year ago

"I have no idea why I'm here"

That makes two of us

over a year ago

Why should I change my Fab activity or profile to suit someone who I’ll never meet?

Tis all just delete button fodder. Enjoy doing it your way and I’ll enjoy doing it mine.

over a year ago

The arrogance of some people here is unreal. Mostly women and couples

By *iversong321Woman
over a year ago

Preston/Merseyside

"The arrogance of some people here is unreal. Mostly women and couples "

How are they arrogent?

over a year ago

Look it up in a dictionary.

over a year ago

"

The forums, to find out about events and clubs, and to find people we can have fun with

C

over a year ago

My own reasons

By *G CoupleCouple
over a year ago

kent

"Look it up in a dictionary."

There don’t seem to be any results for why are women and couples arrogant on fab swingers.

Maybe give us a lil clue?

over a year ago

I coulndt tell you why they are arrogant. You would have to ask them.

over a year ago

"Im here for the forums and nothing else"

Wha?? I've been wasting my time all these months

over a year ago

"I coulndt tell you why they are arrogant. You would have to ask them."

Because they only want sex with men they are attracted to?

By *G CoupleCouple
over a year ago

kent

"I coulndt tell you why they are arrogant. You would have to ask them."

Ok what makes you say they are arrogant?

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

Nobody has to justify to anyone why they are here. It's the diversity of fab that keeps us entertained... the forum's, the socials, the club's, the one on one meets and the friendships we have made along the way. While we don't have a huge amount of time and money to head off to every event, we really enjoy the one's we do attend. We are not here to jump through hoops for other people's needs or demand's.

By *appy squirrelWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

changes all the time. always forum - just lots of fun.

at the moment I am greedy and look to arrange a mmmf... not as easy as it sounds lol

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"

Because some days its just too damn quiet in the office...

over a year ago

"changes all the time. always forum - just lots of fun.

at the moment I am greedy and look to arrange a mmmf... not as easy as it sounds lol"

Surely a club night could get that particular itch scratched

C

By *appy squirrelWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

at the moment I am greedy and look to arrange a mmmf... not as easy as it sounds lol

C"

don't like going to clubs on my own... and as its my first I want to know in advance who I am going to fuck

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"My own reasons "

I have my reasons as well

By *esjMan
over a year ago

salford

If the ones that aren't meeting took themselves off the searches their ego's would implode. "

Exactly

Its easy to change the settings rather than saying it in forums then you wont be bombarded with messages

Life made easy

By *G CoupleCouple
over a year ago

kent

If the ones that aren't meeting took themselves off the searches their ego's would implode.

Exactly

Its easy to change the settings rather than saying it in forums then you wont be bombarded with messages

Life made easy

"

Life made easy for who?

We would potentially miss out on various party meets etc etc.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Exactly

Life made easy

Life made easy for who?

We would potentially miss out on various party meets etc etc. "

over a year ago

"Im here for the forums and nothing else

Wha?? I've been wasting my time all these months "

Haha sooooo sorry

By *esjMan
over a year ago

salford

Exactly

Life made easy

Life made easy for who?

"

Errmmm life made easy for the couples and wonen who always rant on about getting too many unsolicited messages

over a year ago

"Im here for the forums and nothing else

Wha?? I've been wasting my time all these months

Haha sooooo sorry"

Back to the drawing board

over a year ago

C"

If the people there were to her taste.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Exactly

Life made easy

Life made easy for who?

Errmmm life made easy for the couples and wonen who always rant on about getting too many unsolicited messages "

I think you will find that it comes down to peoples experience on here

The difference between having a new profile and forming an opinion after 7 weeks or being on for years and seeing the good and bad time after time

You are new and will probably see things differently after time

By *esjMan
over a year ago

salford

Exactly

Life made easy

Life made easy for who?

Errmmm life made easy for the couples and wonen who always rant on about getting too many unsolicited messages

The difference between having a new profile and forming an opinion after 7 weeks or being on for years and seeing the good and bad time after time

You are new and will probably see things differently after time "

Time shows alot of things

And i wasnt trying yo be rude just stating sonething i had come across alot thats all

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Definitely for the forums where I get to learn so much I didn’t know about.

Not forgetting the remote possibility of maybe, perhaps, possibly, interacting and meeting with a lovely bi-lady.

By *carlettxWoman
over a year ago

Essex

Exactly

Life made easy

Life made easy for who?

You are new and will probably see things differently after time

Time shows alot of things

And i wasnt trying yo be rude just stating sonething i had come across alot thats all"

That’s cool but wise to remember that all those thst moan on here about unsolicited messages are normally the very same (like me) that spend a lot of time putting their profile together to advise what they are looking for - if it was actually read there would be no unsolicited messages and therefore no moaning

Post new Message to Thread