Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Stephen Fry

Jump to newest

By *lastic.Mask.Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Grimsby

So I see Mr Fry is recovering from prostate cancer/surgery. I hope he recovers to his glourious self soon. But I also hope it highlights the fact that this form of cancer has now become the most deadliest overtaking breast cancer. Guys there is no shame in getting yourself checked every year just think of it as your personal MOT.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Get the blood test and then you only need the rigid digit if there is something to explore.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Get the blood test and then you only need the rigid digit if there is something to explore.

"

I’m liking the sound of the blood test!!

over a year ago

"Get the blood test and then you only need the rigid digit if there is something to explore.

I’m liking the sound of the blood test!! "

Think that's still in development and not common place. There's been a blood test developed that 'can' detect some of the most common cancers. Think it's only around 80% accurate (from memory) but the hopes are that soon it will be able to detect the majority of cancers from a very earlystage and be available to all.

Unless there's a specific prostate cancer blood test?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Think that's still in development and not common place. There's been a blood test developed that 'can' detect some of the most common cancers. Think it's only around 80% accurate (from memory) but the hopes are that soon it will be able to detect the majority of cancers from a very earlystage and be available to all.

Unless there's a specific prostate cancer blood test? "

There is. It's the PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test. It doesn't give a definitive diagnosis (neither does the rectal examination) but it gives an indication if there is something to be worried about.

By *lastic.Mask.Man OP   Man
over a year ago

Grimsby

Unless there's a specific prostate cancer blood test? "

They test the PSA level in your blood prostate specific antigen. Its scaled 1 to 10. The average mans PSA level is 4 anything over that is usually a sign that your prostate is under attack and requires usually a MRI scan. Then maybe a biop taking.

By *entleman JackMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

Had mine checked just this morning!

Absolutely nothing to it......

Not painful,

Not uncomfortable,

Just a little weird for a few seconds!

No after effects,

And an immediate "all clear" reassurance from my consultant.

Then off for a slap up breakfast.

Get yours checked too!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Men, while you're in checking mode also have a deliberate feel of your balls and then your pecs, including under your arms.

over a year ago

Eurgh... I have yet to respond to my 40th birthday card from the NHS. I must give myself a kick up the backside and book it

over a year ago

Wow! Had no idea about that. I read up about this new one out of interest and didn't see any reference to the PSA test which I find odd, yet, knowing the ineptitude of some journalists, not surprising.

Although, liketysplits, telling men to feel their balls? You know we spend half our lives with our hands down there don't you?

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"Eurgh... I have yet to respond to my 40th birthday card from the NHS. I must give myself a kick up the backside and book it "

. The joys

over a year ago

"Eurgh... I have yet to respond to my 40th birthday card from the NHS. I must give myself a kick up the backside and book it

. The joys "

Indeed

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Wow! Had no idea about that. I read up about this new one out of interest and didn't see any reference to the PSA test which I find odd, yet, knowing the ineptitude of some journalists, not surprising.

Although, liketysplits, telling men to feel their balls? You know we spend half our lives with our hands down there don't you? "

There's feeling and feeling with intent. I have wondered whether I should offer a service.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Wow! Had no idea about that. I read up about this new one out of interest and didn't see any reference to the PSA test which I find odd, yet, knowing the ineptitude of some journalists, not surprising.

Although, liketysplits, telling men to feel their balls? You know we spend half our lives with our hands down there don't you?

There's feeling and feeling with intent. I have wondered whether I should offer a service.

"

Where do i sign?

over a year ago

"

Haha touché!

I'm with clem. Where do I sign. But is there a catch?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Where do i sign? "

I did do a blindfold measurement and fondle at a social back in the day...

No signature needed, just clean and willing.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Haha touché!

"

My ails are kept short. Nothing to catch on the delicate flesh.

over a year ago

Haha touché!

My ails are kept short. Nothing to catch on the delicate flesh."

Excelent news all round then. Although, I must inform you I prefer more shaft and less balls.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Where do i sign?

"

Clean! FFS! You want the moon on a stick?!

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Haha touché!

Excelent news all round then. Although, I must inform you I prefer more shaft and less balls. "

Hmmm, I haven't seen evidence of testicular cancer in the shaft.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Where do i sign?

Clean! FFS! You want the moon on a stick?!"

OK, I'll wear gloves.

over a year ago

Haha touché!

Excelent news all round then. Although, I must inform you I prefer more shaft and less balls.

Hmmm, I haven't seen evidence of testicular cancer in the shaft.

"

You can never be too careful!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves."

Now you're talking....

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves.

Now you're talking.... "

It's down to the shower head this morning and the whisky tonight.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves.

Now you're talking....

"

Ooo! Which distillery?

over a year ago

I hope he makes a fast and full recovery I'm just watching him in black adder on gold laughter keeps everyone young

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves.

Now you're talking....

Ooo! Which distillery? "

Cardhu Gold Reserve.

over a year ago

"I hope he makes a fast and full recovery I'm just watching him in black adder on gold laughter keeps everyone young "

Here here. He's a national treasure of ever there was one.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves.

Now you're talking....

Ooo! Which distillery?

Cardhu Gold Reserve."

Did you buy it on offer? Tesco discounted it massively over Christmas. I was tempted. But shelf space is in short supply.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves.

Now you're talking....

Ooo! Which distillery?

Cardhu Gold Reserve.

Did you buy it on offer? Tesco discounted it massively over Christmas. I was tempted. But shelf space is in short supply. "

It wasn't mine. I was out and drinking at a friend's house.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves.

Now you're talking....

Ooo! Which distillery?

Cardhu Gold Reserve.

Did you buy it on offer? Tesco discounted it massively over Christmas. I was tempted. But shelf space is in short supply.

"

OUT! Ffs! It gets worse!

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I thought men were always at double the risk of women of getting cancer?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Where do i sign?

OK, I'll wear gloves.

Now you're talking....

Ooo! Which distillery?

Cardhu Gold Reserve.

OUT! Ffs! It gets worse! "

I even felt pretty and attractive.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I thought men were always at double the risk of women of getting cancer?"

Ues, mainly because they ignore the warning signs and wait too long before seeking treatment.

Post new Message to Thread