Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

One good thing

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A quick scan of the Lounge shows that it must be a Thursday!

Post one good thing that you have experienced today.

Mine was having time to be outside and enjoy some sun on eyelids. After a 9 hours in a windowless room yesterday it was a pure and simple joy.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think I got wolf whistled at today, a nice looking workman in the petrol station, I'm guessing it was for me as I was the only customer in there! Made my day!

over a year ago

My boyfriends dog has been allowed to come home from the vets, we thought we was going to lose him x

over a year ago

My journey home with two happy children.

over a year ago

Our lovely admin lady at work she tried really hard to get me some rehab for my foot she is getting married soon and I really hope she has a long and loving marriage she is one in a million

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

"My boyfriends dog has been allowed to come home from the vets, we thought we was going to lose him x "

Aw that’s great news x

One of the girls at work brought her toddler son in today and his chuckles were the loveliest thing to hear. Can’t beat the sound of a little kids giggles especially if you’ve made them do it

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Going in to hospital and finding out things aren't that bad - incredibly happy and feeling very lucky.

over a year ago

I got offered a new job today so the possibility of redundancy later this year is no longer a worry.

over a year ago

I got to talk to my angel twice today

over a year ago

"Going in to hospital and finding out things aren't that bad - incredibly happy and feeling very lucky."

That’s great news Meli

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

The fella I'm seeing bought me a turbo trainer off gumtree so I can train on my bike indoors until the weather gets better

over a year ago

Thank you! All really lovely things and a good reminder than even when everything else is shit there are always moments of shiny loveliness.

Keep them coming and add a smile to someone's day.

over a year ago

"Going in to hospital and finding out things aren't that bad - incredibly happy and feeling very lucky."

good news x

over a year ago

well myself and a workmate went into work (on our day off - we will get paid it though) and gave a long hot bath to a resident we had been struggling to get out of bed - took us almost an hour and a half but so worth it as his mood altered as soon as he soaked in the warm water - closed his eyes and totally relaxed - his limbs are rigid in awkward positions but less so in the warm water - ok not a good thing for me but made my day to see him not anxious and angry for a short time -- he was back in bed dozing when i left to come home -

over a year ago

The smiley customer lady continually making me cups of tea as I worked in their freezing cold garage was a positive today

over a year ago

"well myself and a workmate went into work (on our day off - we will get paid it though) and gave a long hot bath to a resident we had been struggling to get out of bed - took us almost an hour and a half but so worth it as his mood altered as soon as he soaked in the warm water - closed his eyes and totally relaxed - his limbs are rigid in awkward positions but less so in the warm water - ok not a good thing for me but made my day to see him not anxious and angry for a short time -- he was back in bed dozing when i left to come home - "

Thank you for doing something to give someone else a good thing. I hope the universe repays you with something good for you.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Being discharged home from hospital today, after being there for a week

over a year ago

"well myself and a workmate went into work (on our day off - we will get paid it though) and gave a long hot bath to a resident we had been struggling to get out of bed - took us almost an hour and a half but so worth it as his mood altered as soon as he soaked in the warm water - closed his eyes and totally relaxed - his limbs are rigid in awkward positions but less so in the warm water - ok not a good thing for me but made my day to see him not anxious and angry for a short time -- he was back in bed dozing when i left to come home -

Thank you for doing something to give someone else a good thing. I hope the universe repays you with something good for you.

"

awww its my job - but thank you xx

over a year ago

"Being discharged home from hospital today, after being there for a week "

Enjoy your own bed and the smell of your own home.

over a year ago

It's my payday tomorrow

By *av_55Man
over a year ago

NE

"well myself and a workmate went into work (on our day off - we will get paid it though) and gave a long hot bath to a resident we had been struggling to get out of bed - took us almost an hour and a half but so worth it as his mood altered as soon as he soaked in the warm water - closed his eyes and totally relaxed - his limbs are rigid in awkward positions but less so in the warm water - ok not a good thing for me but made my day to see him not anxious and angry for a short time -- he was back in bed dozing when i left to come home - "

By *horltzMan
over a year ago

heysham

Nice weather and a very rare early finish

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I didn't wee when I've sneezed always a positive

By *ltrMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Had a email offering me a new job

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I've had a lovely day, despite being at work. No moaning or rants here

I had an early shift at work so was finished by lunchtime.

I spent the afternoon with my best mate. We drank a few cuppas and set the world to rights. I also helped him rearrange the furniture in his living room so his new sofa fits in properly - he's crap at that sort of thing.

over a year ago

"I didn't wee when I've sneezed always a positive "

hey well done - i had whooping cough over xmas and well into the new year - my bladder held out well - i was quite proud of it

over a year ago

"I didn't wee when I've sneezed always a positive "

Is this Red or Dick saying this?...

By *appy squirrelWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

one work mate brought chocolate in, another bought me some porridge because I did her a faviour. it's those little things that make a good day good!

over a year ago

Mine was a run this evening as my husband was home early from work.

over a year ago

Been called sexy Lisa by a driver

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Being discharged home from hospital today, after being there for a week

Enjoy your own bed and the smell of your own home.

"

Thank you

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have had a message from a sexy lady on my friends list

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"I have had a message from a sexy lady on my friends list "

Happy day for you!

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

I made some plans

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Stopping for a few minutes when walking the dogs to listen to the birds singing and a woodpecker tapping away..

Simply lovely and puts things in perspective..

over a year ago

"Being discharged home from hospital today, after being there for a week "

glad you’re home - hope you’re feeling better x

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I received an email with the findings from a work focus group to discover that the people I work with/for are extremely happy and said some lovely things.

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

What a beautiful thread, lovely uplifting post's. I actually thought of you this morning op and wondered how I would keep my calm as I was facing a tough day which turned out to be ok thankfully.

over a year ago

I've moved onto another section of my course at the moment where I'm now creating 3d models and doing much more computer graphics which I am really enjoying

Basically my whole degree is going well at the moment and that's making me very happy

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I have had a message from a sexy lady on my friends list

Happy day for you! "

Once in a blue moon type thing

over a year ago

Great news _eli, your health is so important x

over a year ago

I was at the beach watching huge waves crashing. All noisy and powerful and bracing. Fun.

By *hispers-40Woman
over a year ago

up the garden path

How to control your anger at idiot drivers and knowing that my breaks work well in situations feeling positive

over a year ago

My Emo kid daughter and I had some quality bonding over Stranger Things season 1. We started and finished it in 2 evenings but it’s too late to start season 2. We’re saving it for a weekend binge.

over a year ago

My dog, who has had really bad pancreatitis and I thought was going to die last week, did a normal solid poo today so she's off the boiled fish and rice and back on her Lilly's Kitchen. Fingers crossed she continues to improve.

over a year ago

"What a beautiful thread, lovely uplifting post's. I actually thought of you this morning op and wondered how I would keep my calm as I was facing a tough day which turned out to be ok thankfully.

"

I'm glad your fear was unjustified... projecting that fear of a tough day can sometimes cause it to happen. I hope tomorrow improves on 'OK'.

over a year ago

I got back in touch with an old friend a couple of days ago.

And he had sad news that his dad passed away this morning- but I'm so happy to be there for him as he was there for me through many hard times.

over a year ago

Speedy recovery

By *adame BWoman
over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"What a beautiful thread, lovely uplifting post's. I actually thought of you this morning op and wondered how I would keep my calm as I was facing a tough day which turned out to be ok thankfully.

I'm glad your fear was unjustified... projecting that fear of a tough day can sometimes cause it to happen. I hope tomorrow improves on 'OK'.

"

All good, should have worded that as today was unexpectedly pleasant. A few more ahead but they are merely 24 hour pocket's in my life

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"I didn't wee when I've sneezed always a positive

Is this Red or Dick saying this?... "

Red

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

Skiing on freshly fallen snow. Was much more than good, it was just perfect

over a year ago

Love this!

over a year ago

The boss approved my plans for next week's outages, normally he just rips them apart!

over a year ago

I’m still breathing and clinging to the a faint strand of faith in other humans. Faint strand after a couple of pretty sad betrayals of late. But I’m still breathing, and I shall rekindle ‘hope’ in time.

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Sounds odd, playing in what is left of the snow with woof.

He made me smile so much with the play, it hurt

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Watched my ill wife have a snooze. (She looked cute!)

over a year ago

It’s thursday, it’s nearly over which means one thing! HEN DO tomorrow!!!!

Geeky x

over a year ago

"It’s thursday, it’s nearly over which means one thing! HEN DO tomorrow!!!!

Geeky x"

Whoop!

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

Last week our 14 year old cat suddenly started to look d*unk, was falling over and face planted a few times trying to get onto the sofa. It was awful to watch her so confused and unable to get around. I naturally thought the worst and I managed to convince myself that she’d had a stroke or some other terrible thing had happened and that she’d have to be put to sleep. I was heartbroken.

After numerous vet visits, loads of investigation and meds it looks like they pinned it down to a spine issue. Pain and a trapped nerve causing it all.

Ten days after thinking we were going to lose her, she looks a million times better she’s walking better, no longer falling over even if she still looks a little wobbly.

My baby is getting better

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

The starlings on the roof of the church on my way to work

over a year ago

831 hours and 18 minutes until we get married

Ads

By *rank n BettyCouple
over a year ago

Not meeting

Frank played golf at St Andrews today. It meant nothing to me & everything to him. The 4 hour walk was worth it for the smile on his face

B x

over a year ago

Didn't do any work today after 2pm cus think the guy giving me work forgot his ment to phone me back so a chilled afternoon lol

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

One good thing...

Having an amazing bunch of friends who've been there for me, while I've beat myself up, balled my eyes out & dealt with some emotional shit today.

True friends made on this site, who mean more to me than they'll ever know.

Post new Message to Thread