Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sick of getting ripped off

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why am I paying 100’s in child maintenance when the TV says I can look after an elephant for a fiver a month. Pretty sure an elephant eats more than my 2 kids.

And another thing. How come a fiver can supply an African village with fresh water when Yorkshire water are charging me £30 a month just for my house?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Move to Africa. Adopt elephants

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"Why am I paying 100’s in child maintenance when the TV says I can look after an elephant for a fiver a month. Pretty sure an elephant eats more than my 2 kids.

And another thing. How come a fiver can supply an African village with fresh water when Yorkshire water are charging me £30 a month just for my house?"

Welcome to the UK!

over a year ago

Elephants don't need school uniform.

over a year ago

You do realise there are millions of you, paying a fiver a month. How many other men contribute to your children's upbringing?

over a year ago

"Elephants don't need school uniform. "

And my kids don’t need upto 600 pounds of food a Day ether

By *iercedItMan
over a year ago

Manchester

£30 quid for water ? its £59 a month here, I'm getting well robbed :/

over a year ago

"You do realise there are millions of you, paying a fiver a month. How many other men contribute to your children's upbringing? "

No, I genuinely thought those adverts were only being shown on my TV exclusively to me

Maybe you should change your name to Pinky

over a year ago

"£30 quid for water ? its £59 a month here, I'm getting well robbed :/ "

Want to move to Africa with me?

over a year ago

Don't get me started on child maint!!!! Biggest one sided rip off going!!

over a year ago

"Don't get me started on child maint!!!! Biggest one sided rip off going!!"

We could get rid of the kids and get an elephant each

over a year ago

You're paying for your children and your exes standard of living, not just for food. You should learn how to pull out.

That is cheap for water. It is way more expensive here, plus we get the bad additives such as fluoride and who knows whatelse.

Dig a well

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Don't get me started on child maint!!!! Biggest one sided rip off going!!

We could get rid of the kids and get an elephant each "

If you do get one don't let it near the custard. They leave footprints in it.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Yep, its a big scam.

over a year ago

If you do get one don't let it near the custard. They leave footprints in it."

Damn elephants. I bet that’s why they’re so cheap!

over a year ago

Damn elephants. I bet that’s why they’re so cheap!"

Lol

over a year ago

Aahhh!! I think that is what my ex husband did instead of paying any maintenance! He is still married to her now too, as far as I know!

over a year ago

"£30 quid for water ? its £59 a month here, I'm getting well robbed :/ "

21 a month .... haha.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Aahhh!! I think that is what my ex husband did instead of paying any maintenance! He is still married to her now too, as far as I know! "

I shouldn't but

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Damn elephants. I bet that’s why they’re so cheap!"

An elephant would earn its keep, have you never watched The Flintstones?

over a year ago

I feel sorry for donkeys..... i mean so many starving people in Africa..... give them all jobs shifting bricks and the donkeys can have better lives

By *hispers-40Woman
over a year ago

up the garden path

Try working four jobs because your x wouldn't get off his ass and find a job and pay for his kids

By *ireupthequattroCouple
over a year ago

Stratford

My kids are 22 and 20 I still pay maintaince I love paying , it makes me feel good, if they lived with me I would be broke lol

By *ireupthequattroCouple
over a year ago

Stratford

I think if you grew up with only your mother with no help off my dad it makes you realise how hard it is and how much you never had cause your dad wouldn’t support you , so when you have your own kids and you split up from your wife you remember how it was for you and you want to give as much as you can

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/02/18 02:30:26]

over a year ago

immigrationnz,com or something like it

By *arry WindsorMan
over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

I maintained my child without splitting up from his mother. Paid for private education for 7 years then university for 5 years. I made the decision to father the child so I had the responsibility to look after and support him.

If you hadn't wanted to father a child there were options available to prevent that happening. The choice was yours.

Grown-ups take responsibility!

By *p4fun0121Man
over a year ago

birmingham

Lmao

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple
over a year ago

South Wales

"Why am I paying 100’s in child maintenance when the TV says I can look after an elephant for a fiver a month. Pretty sure an elephant eats more than my 2 kids.

And another thing. How come a fiver can supply an African village with fresh water when Yorkshire water are charging me £30 a month just for my house?"

Not entirely accurate. The fiver only stops the elephant being shot.

I think they spend the money on kevlar body armour or something.

over a year ago

I maintained my child without splitting up from his mother. Paid for private education for 7 years then university for 5 years. I made the decision to father the child so I had the responsibility to look after and support him.

If you hadn't wanted to father a child there were options available to prevent that happening. The choice was yours.

"

I have paid the maint for my kids for 11 years, even paid an outlandish amount when she decided to lie to the system. I win that battle. On top of the money she gets, I give my kids extra money to do their own thing. I pay for food when they are with me, extra clothes when they want them or need them. I pay all the fuel.cists of going to get them. Holidays, treats etc etc the list goes on and on!! I am a parent, not a cash cow for my ex wife every month. I have no issue paying for my kids, not 1 little bit, what I do have issue with is paying the maint when thats not about being a parent. I say scrap it altogether and just let parents be bloody parents!!!

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

I no. its a total rip off but wot can you do op ?

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I have paid the maint for my kids for 11 years, even paid an outlandish amount when she decided to lie to the system. I win that battle. On top of the money she gets, I give my kids extra money to do their own thing. I pay for food when they are with me, extra clothes when they want them or need them. I pay all the fuel.cists of going to get them. Holidays, treats etc etc the list goes on and on!! I am a parent, not a cash cow for my ex wife every month. I have no issue paying for my kids, not 1 little bit, what I do have issue with is paying the maint when thats not about being a parent. I say scrap it altogether and just let parents be bloody parents!!!"

If you scrapped maintenance, a hell of a lot of guys wouldn’t support their kids!

We don’t live in an ideal, altruistic world sadly - we live in the real one!

I can assure you, most single mums aren’t living in luxury whilst their exes slave to keep up payments.

Parenting is a joint job with joint responsibilities (including financial) - and IMO the most important job any of us will ever do!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Elephants make less noise too, it's a no brainer.

By *igga_manMan
over a year ago

near Reading

Agree with you. Same there!!

over a year ago

I have paid the maint for my kids for 11 years, even paid an outlandish amount when she decided to lie to the system. I win that battle. On top of the money she gets, I give my kids extra money to do their own thing. I pay for food when they are with me, extra clothes when they want them or need them. I pay all the fuel.cists of going to get them. Holidays, treats etc etc the list goes on and on!! I am a parent, not a cash cow for my ex wife every month. I have no issue paying for my kids, not 1 little bit, what I do have issue with is paying the maint when thats not about being a parent. I say scrap it altogether and just let parents be bloody parents!!!

If you scrapped maintenance, a hell of a lot of guys wouldn’t support their kids!

I can assure you, most single mums aren’t living in luxury whilst their exes slave to keep up payments.

Parenting is a joint job with joint responsibilities (including financial) - and IMO the most important job any of us will ever do! "

I totally agree with that statement, thats not the issue. I struggle month to month because of the maint bill. I am not in a highly paid job. If I didn't have to pay maint then I would have extra money to spend on my kids myself.

I agree not every parent would pay what they should to help if it wasn't there. The system of it is fucked really and thats what needs looking at.......so in short, we should all buy an elephant!!!

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

Parenting is a joint job with joint responsibilities (including financial) - and IMO the most important job any of us will ever do!

I totally agree with that statement, thats not the issue. I struggle month to month because of the maint bill. I am not in a highly paid job. If I didn't have to pay maint then I would have extra money to spend on my kids myself.

I agree not every parent would pay what they should to help if it wasn't there. The system of it is fucked really and thats what needs looking at.......so in short, we should all buy an elephant!!!"

I’m not convinced! Took me years to toilet train the kids! Wouldn’t want to have to start all over again with an elephant!

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

So if I have more kids I will get more money....

over a year ago

I agree not every parent would pay what they should to help if it wasn't there. The system of it is fucked really and thats what needs looking at.......so in short, we should all buy an elephant!!!

I’m not convinced! Took me years to toilet train the kids! Wouldn’t want to have to start all over again with an elephant! "

Hahahaha!!! Nappies would certainly be bigger thats for sure

over a year ago

Just look forward to 2020 when you can change water supplier

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

I’m not convinced! Took me years to toilet train the kids! Wouldn’t want to have to start all over again with an elephant!

Hahahaha!!! Nappies would certainly be bigger thats for sure "

And can you imagine the size of the potty you’d need?

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

My ex is obviously supporting half of Africa then, as there's never been a penny this way

over a year ago

"Elephants don't need school uniform.

And my kids don’t need upto 600 pounds of food a Day ether "

Elephants eat grass. I thought the elephant money was to protect them from poachers.

over a year ago

"So if I have more kids I will get more money.... "

Only if you keep the baby daddy DNA.

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"So if I have more kids I will get more money....

Only if you keep the baby daddy DNA. "

Oh god sounds like effort

over a year ago

Speechless

over a year ago

"Elephants make less noise too, it's a no brainer. "

They make hell of a mess of the lawn though..

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"Speechless "

By *eedsandyMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Yes but these are charity adverts, and as we know from recent events, they do some things that none of us expected!

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

"So if I have more kids I will get more money.... "

Hang on, I’ve got the Daily Mail on the phone. Would you like to give them a comment or should they just make one up?

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"You're paying for your children and your exes standard of living, not just for food. You should learn how to pull out.

That is cheap for water. It is way more expensive here, plus we get the bad additives such as fluoride and who knows whatelse.

Dig a well"

Paying for an ex standard of living???? Really!!! I don't think so somehow. I pay mine so that my son has what he needs and his mother can pay for what she needs out of her own pocket.

over a year ago

"You're paying for your children and your exes standard of living, not just for food. You should learn how to pull out.

Dig a well

Paying for an ex standard of living???? Really!!! I don't think so somehow. I pay mine so that my son has what he needs and his mother can pay for what she needs out of her own pocket. "

Learn to pull out!? I was married so nowt wrong with that. The problem arose when she couldn't keep em shut around other guys.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

This gave me a giggle this morning so thanks!

over a year ago

I pay the prescribed amount to my ex for my kids which is fine but on top of that, whenever the kids need something she always tells them to ask me, whether it’s clothes, shoes, a hair cut, days out, I pay their school lunch money every week too, the law says that I’m not obliged to pay any more than the set amount of maintenance but she doesn’t see it that way, she bleeds me dry. I will give my kids anything and everything but it gets on my tits when she’s having the life of Riley

over a year ago

I payed £800 a month for my 3 kids when we parted as far as I was concerned it was my duty to pay regardless of why we split up they are my kids even if we the parents were not together still my responsibility as for water it’s bloody expensive down this part of the world

over a year ago

My ex FWB is paying for his Elephant ex missus (22 stone) she costs a lot to feed AND maintenance for his sprog. XXX

By *uicy72Woman
over a year ago

North Colchester

Not for all !

Ex pays £2.50 a week says to the tax man that he earns under £100 pw

I was married to him 20years and know full well he earns 10x that

By *uicy72Woman
over a year ago

North Colchester

"Aahhh!! I think that is what my ex husband did instead of paying any maintenance! He is still married to her now too, as far as I know! "

Ha Ha pmsl

over a year ago

This gave me a giggle

By *uicy72Woman
over a year ago

North Colchester

"I payed £800 a month for my 3 kids when we parted as far as I was concerned it was my duty to pay regardless of why we split up they are my kids even if we the parents were not together still my responsibility as for water it’s bloody expensive down this part of the world "

A proper respectful Dad you are then

I have great respect for dads that support their children it goes a long way in the eyes of the children too!

By *uicy72Woman
over a year ago

North Colchester

"My ex FWB is paying for his Elephant ex missus (22 stone) she costs a lot to feed AND maintenance for his sprog. XXX"

couldn’t help a little giggle there

Well a big one actually

over a year ago

"£30 quid for water ? its £59 a month here, I'm getting well robbed :/

21 a month .... haha."

£15 a quarter!

Got rainwater harvesting

Post new Message to Thread